The Who's Ovulating Today Ladies' Thread of Awesomeness

Omg adorable!! Both Alfie and Ella. Alfie's got huge eyes. I can't wait for my tiny one to be able to fit in all the outfits I got her.

And it seems she's now going through a growth spurt she wants to eat all day and night for the past couple days. Thank god I'm producing a lot of milk.

Thank you :) ah yes we've had lots of those, some days I feel like I haven't got a drop left in me even though I have loads of milk most of the time!!

Just a few days. I find tht he has one or two days of frantic feeding then a day or two of sleeping more than normal. Hopefully it's the same for you so you get some rest :)

You were right! She seems back to normal with feedings. She sleeps all the time anyway though.

She seems so much bigger to me now. Yesterday at the doctors office she weighed 6lbs7ounces. Getting there! :)

Ah that's great :) is she gaining well? I've got a very fussy baby today! He's not too fussed about his food, and keeps grizzling! He let me have a great nights sleep last night though so can't complain!

Oh no hopefully he can nap and give mommy a break. Wait is grizzling the grunting sound? My baby does that allllll day and night loll.

According to the doctor she's gaining very well considering that she's only on breastmilk without added calories. She's gaining about 33 grams per day.

It's like half whining half crying!! He seems to have cheered up since his daddy got home :)

That is just excellent :) isn't it satisfying knowing that all that weight gain is down to your milk. I find it amazing!!

Haha daddy's boy! Well that's just great. I'm sure his daddy loves having a boy. Do you guys want any more?

It is! I am so happy that I am able to breastfeed. I hear so many people having trouble.

Yeah, we would like at least one more I think :) I was half way through my qualifications before I got pregnant though so the plan (at the moment) is to go back to work part time, do the remaining 2 years via distance learning online, move house (we only have 2 beds) and then TTC again. My friends have a 2 year old and are TTC and I think that's a really good gap as he is interested in babies and I think he would be very excited to have a little brother/sister. So I hope that would work for us too. Mind you, plans change - I wouldn't be disappointed if I got pregnant sooner but if we did it that way we should be in a better position with the house etc. last time I got obsessed with the idea of having a baby though so I might feel like that again - then I won't be able to wait!! I do miss being pregnant though. How about you guys?

We had real trouble at first, I almost gave up at 2 weeks and we had a day where I only fed him out of a bottle, half his feeds were expressed half formula. But the next morning he was hungry and I didn't have any bottles prepared so I thought hey ill quickly see if he latches on. He did and since then we've carried on and things are so much easier now :) I'm very lucky!

Yes you are very lucky I'm glad it's worked out so well. He seems like a big healthy boy. I have been getting more rest at night. I slept for a good 7 hours last night I'm amazed! :thumbup:

2 years is a good gap..or before ;) and I personally think it's so important to have siblings. I cant imagine my life without one and want my child to live the same. Those are good goals though and I for one know what you mean about obsessing to get pregnant. Are you back on the pill now? How can we not obsess when it gets so complicated. Who knows what will happen though. I have learnt that nothing ever goes as planned for us. So we "plan" on trying again as soon as I get back to work next year or even before since it took us so long. My husband is worried with all the complications we had.

7 hours is great :)

Yes I think it's important to have siblings. I'm not on the combined pill as the dr said I can't while breastfeeding but I have the mini pill (progesterone only). Haven't started taking it though, I keep saying 'I will start tomorrow' but then forget. It's hard to get back in to taking it after all this time :dohh:

I do often think how long will it take next time. It is worrying. I don't want to have them too close in age but at the same time don't want a huge gap. Hmm I don't know!!

I've concluded that you just can't really plan on anything when it comes to ttc. I know a girl on here that took 5 years to get preg the first time so decided not to do bc then got pregnant again before she even had her first period :wacko: Now she is due at the beginning of July and her first isn't even a year old yet!

Yes you're right! It all comes down to luck I think. Our friends got pregnant by accident the first time from a missed pill, now they are TTC #2 and they are now on their third cycle. I think they were expecting to get pregnant straight away and it's been a bit of a shock. Hope it happens for them soon but I think things have a funny way of turning out right in the end - everything happens for a reason. I thought we were ready to get pregnant when we started TTC but I think the timing was just perfect when it eventually happened :)

I got pregnant with my eldest after missing a pill, never occurred to me it wouldn't happen straight away when we actually tried for number 2. It took 8 cycles in the end, was expecting number 3 to take even longer so the 3/4 cycles it did take was a relief!

In other news I have discovered the TLC channel and am now addicted to american reality tv, particularly Here Comes Honey Boo Boo. It's like a car crash, you can't stop watching!

I haven't got that channel! Our tv channels are rubbish OH is always moaning that there's nothing on. Is that the programme about the little girl who is in to pageants or something? I think I've seen it advertised

I have never watched but I can feel my IQ drop if I just see a commercial for it :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->