The Who's Ovulating Today Ladies' Thread of Awesomeness

Thanks everyone. I don't wanna get my hopes up but I'm really hoping it will happen this weekend. I know what you mean rose I have met so many parents at the NICU who were really scared on the day of taking baby home and all the nurses tell them it's normal all parents are like that. I am sure I will be too. On the bright side of being here I have learnt so much from the nurses and feel much more confident with a newborn let alone a tiny preemie.

That is amazing rose are you breastfeeding only? You gotta teach me how to lengthen the sleeps lol. I have been breastfeeding here at the NICU and we have to wake the baby up every 3 hours for feeding. whether the baby is tired, hungry or not it has to happen. Alfie looks sooo adorable in your picture.

I just wrote a really long message and it deleted it :(

I was saying...
It's good that you've been brushing up on baby care skills! At least that will be one thing you are confident on when you go home. The nurses are so helpful and knowledgeAble.

Yes Alfie is breastfed only! We had a difficult start but now things are 100x better. I trust him to take as much as he needs and no longer time feeds - he eats when
He likes! At night he has now started going up to 5/6 hours between his first and second feed, but he makes up for it at other times of the day like the evening when he feeds pretty much constantly from 5-9! There isn't much you can do to lengthen feeds apart from let them set their own schedule! I also find that he feeds better when he's had good regular naps

Have you decided on a name for your girl yet?

And thank you! It's one of my favourites of him :)

Rose I agree with you 100% on the breastfeeding and that's what I plan on doing when we get home. Every baby is different and sometimes they are just not hungry or the opposite. Today (btw forgot to mention that's her name lol) was hungry before the 3 hour schedule and I just told the nurse shes hungry!! so I breastfed her and she was very hungry. It's ridiculous that I have to feed her on the 3 hour schedule they got going here. I am sure you and Alfie are much happier with the way you're doing it too. It works for both of you so everyone is happy :). My only problem right now is that I have wayyyyyy too much milk and would have to reduce somehow or else I will explode lol.

Oh an I will post some pictures when I get home as they seem too large to post with my phone.

Lexa is a lovely name :) they told me to feed every 3 hours or before if baby demands it. Once they get older you can drop the 3 hours at night and just feed on demand. I wake up feeling like they're going to explode!! Then by the end of the day they feel as empty as tea bags ;)

Lol me too! Everybody keeps asking me if I style them like that haha.

Awwwwwww! She's gorgeous, love all her hair!! How are you getting on, I'm guessing you're home now?

Thank you! Yes she came home on mothers day and it's been going very well. She's an amazing baby. Everybody keeps asking me how my nights are and I honestly have no complaints so far.

How are you guys?

We're good! Ella sleeps 8-10 hours at night, shes not a great day napper but honestly, if you get a good block of sleep at night who's complaining!! She's 9 weeks old, it's going so fast!

Attachments

• IMG_3760.jpg
    IMG_3760.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 3
What a cutie she is! And getting big too. That is amazing she sleeps so well at night. She never gets up at all? Since how many weeks has she been sleeping like that at night? I love hearing other mommies tips ;)

She sleeps without waking from around 11ish to 8 when I have to get her up to do the school run. She's quite cranky in the evenings up until 10.30 and struggles to nap though. She'll get there I'm sure!

Ah lovely pics :) clearbluesky, I love her hair it's soo cute! Glad you're home now and doing well. Koala, can't believe how much Ella has grown!

Here is one of my little chunk...
https://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/n597/dbjconstruction/35799494-4380-494F-B1E5-EC7DF780639D-555-000000C943F1DA7E.jpg

Awwww he's so cute! Love the piccy :)

We went to a wedding reception last night, the boys were at their Grandpas but Ella is still a bit little to leave so she came too. I just had to make her an outfit for the occasion!

Attachments

• elladress.jpg
    elladress.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 2
Aww that is just the cutest outfit!! I love it :) sometimes I wish I could dress Alfie up in little dresses - I have seen so many cute ones

It's weird, I was so desperate to get her dressed up in pink and frills before I had her, now I just want to put her in dungarees and bright colours!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
over35tryin
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->