There must be something I can do? ** Update!**

ryder

Mum to Jasmine & Peyton
Reaction score
To get her to sleep better!!

Seriously I am so sick and tired of Jasmine NOT sleeping... She doesn't sleep well at night and during the day all she does is cat nap and wake up.

I get like no sleep at night as a result, I cant do anything around the house during the day and I do even have time to eat barely. I cant nap in the day because she wont sleep.

Plus she is very whiny. She is at the stage where she is alert and wants to do stuff, but cant do anything.

Night is always hell... Ive tried starting to put her to be in the evening around the same time after her bath and bottle... Ive tried dream feeding her before bed.

She constantly seems hungry though! She eats tons in the evening, and the dream feed around 11-12 she gets quite a bit down too... But then she ALWAYS without fail wakes up at 3:30 and is crying for food, but doesnt eat much. Then she wakes up at like 5 or 6 seeming hungry again.

I dont think she is actually hungry when she gets up at 3:30... She just gets up.... Its really frustrating.

There must be some tips and things I could do??? she is almost 6 weeks old, surely she can sleep more then 2.5 hours at a time... Especially with how much food she eats.

:hugs: oh honey poor you, no wonder your so tired. this is going to sound mean, but maddi likes to go to sleep with something covering her eyes, my hand/blanket/muslin, maybe its th dark. if she gets over tired in the day she likes this.

also - what about trying some soothing music.
or - swaddling? or shhhhh-ing- apparently my shhh is very loud, but it does settle her, and also even though she does like to be swaddled now, she likes her hands held to go to sleep in the day, with something over her eyes. also i have found she sleeps well in the daytime in her virbrating bouncer chair.

just a few thoughts on what maddi likes, i'm sure others will have much better adive but least i can send: :hug: x x x

edit- i remember ages ago tezzy posting about the swaddling, rocking and shhh, that really helped for us :hugs: x x x

Thanks...

I know she is just young but I dont know if I should just hold off on feeding her when she gets up at 3... even just a half an hour... And give her her dummy... I dunno... She seems hungry but then doesnt eat much.. ?? Even just a half an hour.

For examply this morning she got up before 6:30 and was crying (had been up at 3:30 and ate a bit) so I tok her downstaires and gave her her dummy and now she is back asleep... and has been for like 45 mins... If she was really that hungry I dont think she would have gone back to sleep??

I dunno what to do...

oh sweetie, its so hard to no what to do. we too hold off on feeds and try the dummy, especially when maddi was feeding so much when she was 4weeks. imo if she takes the dum and goes back to sleep then maybe she just wants the comfort of sucking, maybe trying this at night to put her back to sleep may help. its so hard, sounds like your doing well :hugs: x

hmmm maybe the comfort sucking is it? Since she just seems uptset later in the night when she has been alone longer??

It sounds like she's just missing you. Is she in your room or in her own room?

In her own room...

It seems to me that babies either sleep or they don't. I have one that doesn't. Bren still eats 2-3 times a night. Small tummies and liquid diets make for hungry babies. I have tried loads of differnt things, and nothing seems to help much. I am just hanging in till he out grows it. One thing my Dh and I do, is I will get Bren to sleep around 7, then go to bed at 8. He takes over when Bren wakes till about midnight or later, if he sleeps past. This does help give me a good 4 hours of sleep.

perhaps it is a comfort sucking honey, i would give the putting the dummy back in a go x

Sounds like she just wants her mummy to me! Maybe try not feeding her, getting her back off, and then if she still wants it later, give it to her?

It seems to me that babies either sleep or they don't. I have one that doesn't. Bren still eats 2-3 times a night. Small tummies and liquid diets make for hungry babies. I have tried loads of differnt things, and nothing seems to help much. I am just hanging in till he out grows it. One thing my Dh and I do, is I will get Bren to sleep around 7, then go to bed at 8. He takes over when Bren wakes till about midnight or later, if he sleeps past. This does help give me a good 4 hours of sleep.

The crappy thing is my oh works from 3:30-12:00 at night, so he gets home after 12:30 and then by the time he gets home and settlled he needs to go to bed...

Sometimes he will take her in the morning though...

:hugs: how tough sweetie for you with your DH working at nights, i no i even struggle with james doing a 52hour week, but thats 7:45am to 7pm x x x

Is she in a moses? Can't you bring the moses into your room? I think I would wake up alot if I was a month old and all alone :(

She is in a crib... We have no room in our room for a moses basket.

shes been in it since she was a week old though... the sleep issue is new

They go through an I want my mummy stage I think. Does she have a comforter?

yes but i dont use it yet, t is quite big and fluffy... she is still being swaddled.

Maybe you should try and not give her the feed. She won't sleep without it if she really needs it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->