There must be something I can do? ** Update!**

Thanks...

I know she is just young but I dont know if I should just hold off on feeding her when she gets up at 3... even just a half an hour... And give her her dummy... I dunno... She seems hungry but then doesnt eat much.. ?? Even just a half an hour.

For examply this morning she got up before 6:30 and was crying (had been up at 3:30 and ate a bit) so I tok her downstaires and gave her her dummy and now she is back asleep... and has been for like 45 mins... If she was really that hungry I dont think she would have gone back to sleep??

I dunno what to do...

honestly I would try doing that. If she's not eating much than she's really not that hungry. Sounds to me like she's just gotten into a pattern of waking up around that time

i personally woundnt cut a feed out at that age when she wakes up at 6 i would try her dummy but every 3 hours for a feed isnt that bad!

I agree with not cutting out the feed. Sorry but in my experience they need the calories to sleep for any duration.

I agree with not cutting out the feed. Sorry but in my experience they need the calories to sleep for any duration.

but if she's not eating much and than wanting a bigger bottle later on than I just don't think she's waking up to eat, she wants comfort, and the pacifier might help with this

Im not trying to cut the feed out... just get her to go a bit longer bettween... If she sounds like she needs it, I will definately give it to her.

But since 12 last night to 7:30 this morning she has only had a tiny bit of food and hasn't seemed hungry... At 12 she had about 3oz... At 3:30 she had maybe 2oz and it took forever for her to have that... And this morning at 7:30 she only had 3 oz...

And the rest of her feeds during the day she has 4-5oz.

:shrug: I see nothing wrong with trying to get her to go a bit later and maybe she'll eat more at that time and than sleep longer

I will tell you though that Hannah goes through these periods where feeding her is pure torture, she only eats a bit and than is done....usually right after one of these periods she hits a major growth spurt for whatever reason :wacko:

Im also not expecting her to sleep the entire night yet... I do think she can handle going a bit longer, I know you shouldnt compare babies, but there are people whose babies sleep the entire night before even being a month...

She has slept for 5 hours a couple times since birth, so I know she can do it....

im sorry if ive made it sound like ur saying she should sleep longer i didnt mean 2 :blush:

:hugs: Honestly you are her mother and know her better than anyone. If she's absolutely starving at that time a pacifier won't settle her and you'll know that she needs that feed.

I agree to hold of on her feed for just a little while.Try giving her the pacifier and see if it soothes her,later when she wakes up and is hungry she'll eat more and mayne sleep better (I find Lola to sleep better when she ate more).
It could be that the wake up is just a habit,plus it seems as though she's going through her first growth spurt.

:hugs:

To get her to sleep better!!

Seriously I am so sick and tired of Jasmine NOT sleeping... She doesn't sleep well at night and during the day all she does is cat nap and wake up.

I get like no sleep at night as a result, I cant do anything around the house during the day and I do even have time to eat barely. I cant nap in the day because she wont sleep.

Plus she is very whiny. She is at the stage where she is alert and wants to do stuff, but cant do anything.

Night is always hell... Ive tried starting to put her to be in the evening around the same time after her bath and bottle... Ive tried dream feeding her before bed.

She constantly seems hungry though! She eats tons in the evening, and the dream feed around 11-12 she gets quite a bit down too... But then she ALWAYS without fail wakes up at 3:30 and is crying for food, but doesnt eat much. Then she wakes up at like 5 or 6 seeming hungry again.

I dont think she is actually hungry when she gets up at 3:30... She just gets up.... Its really frustrating.

There must be some tips and things I could do??? she is almost 6 weeks old, surely she can sleep more then 2.5 hours at a time... Especially with how much food she eats.

amber was the same, but i dont think it went on to she was 6 weeks old
i hardly have any time through the day to do much either, amber likes to play with me.
amber wakes up at 3:30 not for food just wakes up and i cant get her back in her cot, i really want my bed back

I had the same problem with max and I bought the ocean wonders aquarium and it works wonders , he listens to ocean waves and passes out ,

I had the same problem with max and I bought the ocean wonders aquarium and it works wonders , he listens to ocean waves and passes out ,

good to know! her grandma bought tht for her for christmas.... her other grandma bought her an excersaucer.

Renah does the same thing. Feeds at 11:30, sleeps till 3 but will only take half a feeding, wakes at 5, only takes 1/2, then wakes at 8 for a full one. She sleeps with me though so I don't think its for comfort.

She's started this thing now where she'll sleep in the day but only if shes in my arms. If I put her down she screams.

I know how you feel, I'm battling sleeplessness too. I have the ocean wonders thing too and she likes it but it doesn't put her to sleep

To get her to sleep better!!

Seriously I am so sick and tired of Jasmine NOT sleeping... She doesn't sleep well at night and during the day all she does is cat nap and wake up.

I get like no sleep at night as a result, I cant do anything around the house during the day and I do even have time to eat barely. I cant nap in the day because she wont sleep.

Plus she is very whiny. She is at the stage where she is alert and wants to do stuff, but cant do anything.

Night is always hell... Ive tried starting to put her to be in the evening around the same time after her bath and bottle... Ive tried dream feeding her before bed.

She constantly seems hungry though! She eats tons in the evening, and the dream feed around 11-12 she gets quite a bit down too... But then she ALWAYS without fail wakes up at 3:30 and is crying for food, but doesnt eat much. Then she wakes up at like 5 or 6 seeming hungry again.

I dont think she is actually hungry when she gets up at 3:30... She just gets up.... Its really frustrating.

There must be some tips and things I could do??? she is almost 6 weeks old, surely she can sleep more then 2.5 hours at a time... Especially with how much food she eats.

charlie still wakes nearlly every hour and hes 7 months sometimes i get the odd 3 hours straight he just has a little grissel and back to sleep at first he was really bad though so i know how hard it is :hugs: just keep thinking it will get better xxx

Renah does the same thing. Feeds at 11:30, sleeps till 3 but will only take half a feeding, wakes at 5, only takes 1/2, then wakes at 8 for a full one. She sleeps with me though so I don't think its for comfort.

She's started this thing now where she'll sleep in the day but only if shes in my arms. If I put her down she screams.

I know how you feel, I'm battling sleeplessness too. I have the ocean wonders thing too and she likes it but it doesn't put her to sleep

lol... Jasmine is about a month older then Renah... Which is why I think she should be able to sleep a bit better...

When she was younger it was way easier, she would fall asleep if I held her too, and she actually slept longer, so she didnt need much of a routine as she does now.

Now she is too alert to always fall asleep in my arms :( Even at bedtime most of the time I just have to set her down because she wont fall asleep if im there.

Well of course like always she woke up at the usually 3am... so I gave her her dummy and rubbed her tummy for a minute and she went right back to sleep :D

So she went for 4 1/2 hours bettween feeds :D Hopefully we can get into the routine of her going longer and sleeping instead of waking up.

Even when I did end up feeding her at 4:30 she didnt have the much. Just a couple oz. So maybe soon she might go a bit longer.

Im still open to people offering tips too :)

Well of course like always she woke up at the usually 3am... so I gave her her dummy and rubbed her tummy for a minute and she went right back to sleep :D

So she went for 4 1/2 hours bettween feeds :D Hopefully we can get into the routine of her going longer and sleeping instead of waking up.

Even when I did end up feeding her at 4:30 she didnt have the much. Just a couple oz. So maybe soon she might go a bit longer.

Im still open to people offering tips too :)

oh sweetie i'm sooooooooooo pleased for you :hugs::hugs::hugs: long may it continue :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->