This is going to be very controversial, but...

My sister got pregnant on the pill. She took it religiously. The doctor failed to mention that when she was on her antibiotics and had severe diarrhea from those antiobiotics, that the birth control would not work. She even went to the doctor the month before because she had some 'break through' bleeding on the pill...and that doctor told her she was fine. That was an 'accident' meaning, not on purpose.

I had a co-worker who got pregnant with an IUD in. Her husband also had a vasectomy a couple months before. I am pretty sure that would be classed as an accident as well.

Anyways...does it really matter if it is an 'accident'? A baby is a baby...and a blessing. It's just whether or not you accept the blessing, or ignore the gift from God.

I also had a coworker who got pregnant with an IUD in. It was her 5th child and she didnt realize until she was 6 months pregnant! She went in to see her doctor because she was having bleeding, and he said she was pregnant! The IUD came out with the baby!

I think, when it's never happened to you - you don't really know what you are talking about.

I took the pill religiously, i got pregnant. I have no idea how.

However, i've been with my partner 4 years, we are engaged, own our own home, my OH has his own business and we are financially, emotionally and physically stable. Not as lucky as others though.

Best suprise i ever had, so glad it happened :D

Anyway, i still think there cannot be any generalisation in regards to this topic. EVERYONE's circumstances are different.

My sister got pregnant on the pill. She took it religiously. The doctor failed to mention that when she was on her antibiotics and had severe diarrhea from those antiobiotics, that the birth control would not work. She even went to the doctor the month before because she had some 'break through' bleeding on the pill...and that doctor told her she was fine. That was an 'accident' meaning, not on purpose.

I had a co-worker who got pregnant with an IUD in. Her husband also had a vasectomy a couple months before. I am pretty sure that would be classed as an accident as well.

Anyways...does it really matter if it is an 'accident'? A baby is a baby...and a blessing. It's just whether or not you accept the blessing, or ignore the gift from God.

Well said :thumbup:

The term 'accident' is quite offensive actually.

...do you think there is actually such a thing as "accidentally" getting pregnant? I mean, we all know HOW to get pregnant, so when I hear someone saying it was "an accident" etc, I don't get it, as there is NO method of contraception that is 100%. So logically, if you are having sex, there is ALWAYS a chance you could get pregnant. If you really don't want to get pregnant, don't have sex. Thoughts?

N.B. I do realise this topic may get a little heated, let's try and be respectful, eh? :flower:

That's a ridiculous statment!

Tell me you never have had sex then, except the time you wanted to be pregnant? I doubt you have only ever had sex in your life when you were TTC :dohh:

I think, when it's never happened to you - you don't really know what you are talking about.

I took the pill religiously, i got pregnant. I have no idea how.

However, i've been with my partner 4 years, we are engaged, own our own home, my OH has his own business and we are financially, emotionally and physically stable. Not as lucky as others though.

Best suprise i ever had, so glad it happened :D

Anyway, i still think there cannot be any generalisation in regards to this topic. EVERYONE's circumstances are different.

When I got pregnant taking the pill religiously, my doctor told me that it was quite likely that my body had 'rejected' the pill, almost as if it were a foreign object. Funny how they don't tell you these things can happen BEFORE you start taking them.

Well said :thumbup:

The term 'accident' is quite offensive actually.

i agree, i think there's a big difference in saying "accidentally getting pregnant" and actually calling a child "an accident". i was careful to use the former statement, but if there was any offence caused by what I did say, I apologise!:flower:

...do you think there is actually such a thing as "accidentally" getting pregnant? I mean, we all know HOW to get pregnant, so when I hear someone saying it was "an accident" etc, I don't get it, as there is NO method of contraception that is 100%. So logically, if you are having sex, there is ALWAYS a chance you could get pregnant. If you really don't want to get pregnant, don't have sex. Thoughts?

N.B. I do realise this topic may get a little heated, let's try and be respectful, eh? :flower:

Tell me you never have had sex then, except the time you wanted to be pregnant? I doubt you have only ever had sex in your life when you were TTC :dohh:

you are right, I've had sex many (probably way too many) times before ttc, but I will also say I used to be pretty stupid when it came to sex. I always used protection, but did sleep around a lot. I think it's people who are dead set against ever having kids that get me. I've a couple of friends who never EVER want kids and have a very active sex life. It just makes me wonder what would happen if they did get pregnant? :shrug:

AOB, it happened to me so i do know what i'm talking about. My consultant told me that if a woman uses condoms exclusively from the age of consent to the menopause it is expe ted she would fall pregnant three times. There are figures for all contraception. Knowing that, i couldn't ever say i fell pregnant by accident unless i fell over and landed on someone's todger just as he happened to be ejaculating :haha:

you are right, I've had sex many (probably way too many) times before ttc, but I will also say I used to be pretty stupid when it came to sex. I always used protection, but did sleep around a lot. I think it's people who are dead set against ever having kids that get me. I've a couple of friends who never EVER want kids and have a very active sex life. It just makes me wonder what would happen if they did get pregnant? :shrug:

I agree with you there, that does seem a tad odd x

AOB, it happened to me so i do know what i'm talking about. My consultant told me that if a woman uses condoms exclusively from the age of consent to the menopause it is expe ted she would fall pregnant three times. There are figures for all contraception. Knowing that, i couldn't ever say i fell pregnant by accident unless i fell over and landed on someone's todger just as he happened to be ejaculating :haha:

:rofl:

I nearly spat my juice out at the screen!

Goes to show that nothing is 100% effective, but when in healthy, committed, trusting relationship, i doubt that many people would use two types of contraception. I'm using the coil, which is 98 or 99% effective, can't remember which, and we don't use a condom aswell .. i think if you are sleeping about, you need to be on two types?

I'm not using anything...but, I would say it was a definite act of God if I got pregnant, even when not using anything, since my hubby has like zip for sperm.

Goes to show that nothing is 100% effective, but when in healthy, committed, trusting relationship, i doubt that many people would use two types of contraception. I'm using the coil, which is 98 or 99% effective, can't remember which, and we don't use a condom aswell .. i think if you are sleeping about, you need to be on two types?

If someone doesn't want a child then two types is better than one, but still not 100%. I wouldn't at the moment though as i refuse to put hormones in my body or have any long term contraception while i'm single. That leaves condoms! And if i was to fall pregnant i would just think it was meant to happen :)

Ooops... wandering finger syndrome put the thumbs down there, it wasn't intentional!

If someone doesn't want a child then two types is better than one, but still not 100%. I wouldn't at the moment though as i refuse to put hormones in my body or have any long term contraception while i'm single. That leaves condoms! And if i was to fall pregnant i would just think it was meant to happen :)

I'm using a copper coil, which has no hormones (didn't want to mess with the breastfeeding!) so if you ever need a change, you could consider that one. Apparantly you can leave it in there for 10 years :shock:

I'm using a copper coil, which has no hormones (didn't want to mess with the breastfeeding!) so if you ever need a change, you could consider that one. Apparantly you can leave it in there for 10 years :shock:

Screw that. I am so scared of my tissues attaching onto that thing and some horrible pain @ removal. I am trying to get my OH to get snipped. :haha:

I would consiser a coil if i was in a relationship but not while i'm single, it's just too intrusive when i'm not even likely to have sex!

what about people that are told they are unable to have children, and the doctors were wrong

Of course alcohol is a big reason for acidentally getting pregnant whether contraception was used or not :)

Yes I do believe there is accidental pregnancies. I mean, if you put a nice ornament on and end table, in the middle of it, safe, out the way etc. you expect it to be safe yes? But it can accidently break through circumstance out with your control. It was never planned, nor expected to happen, and the necessary precautions were taken to protect it from damage.

The same goes for contraception. If you use it the way you should, and do everything by the book, you are being 'safe'. You put your reliance and trust into the fact that you should be gauranteed no accidents, or breakages etc. because the likelihood is just so small. Yet things can happen, a condom could accidently be torn, a pill could accidently be ineffective etc.

So if you take necessary safety precautions and still end up pregnant, I would say it is an accident. However, if you have unprotected sex while not trying for a baby nor wanting one, (unless for medical reasons - such as being told one partner is infertile etc.) then say it is an 'accident' I would tell you to shove that up your bum - you were not being safe and were fully aware that pregnancy would be more than likely. That's just foolishness. In any case, play with fire and you will get burned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->