This morning

I just want to ask those of you that said your not agaisnt CC/CIO in toddlers how do expect to do that with a child that can get out of their bedrooms?

I dont think i would do what those parents did but they obvisiously felt like they didn't have a choice knowing first hand toddlers can wake in night through habit.
With DD1 is started being ill when she was about 18 months she was already in a junior bed through being tall she woke in the night ill we would bring her to our bed then when she was better she started waking the same time every night and come in with us this went on for a year and a half then she started getting bigger we were all getting a rubbish night sleep she was constantly tired during the day I was now pregnant again so when she woke we started putting her back to her own bed would stay with her till she fell asleep then go back to our bed half hour later she would be up again so we would repeat this went on for over a 2 weeks and was not getting better so we put a stairgate on her room she would wake I would go in put her back to bed and lay down with her till she went back to sleep (the first 2 nights she did cry aswell) after 3 nights she stopped waking in the middle of the night stayed like this for about 9 months about month ago she asked for her stairgate to be left open so we did 3 nights after she started waking and coming into our bed again not as often as she used to but I suppose I'm trying to explain that it seems when DD1 knows when she goes to bed that if the stairgate is open she will wake when it is shut she won't wake (we did a little experiment that we shut it putting her to bed then opened it when we went to bed and found that she wouldn't wake)

We didn't do the same as those parents but I try not to judge untill I've been in the same situation

I haven't read past the first page of this thread but I did watch it on this morning, and am I the only one who doesn't think it a big deal?
So his kid wouldn't sleep in his bed and wandered around, I don't understand why locking his door was such an issue? Like he said by the second night he had learnt and slept the whole night in his bed. I really don't see the issue unless he left him screaming banging against his bedroom door.

Also maybe I missed them mentioning it but wouldnt an easier solution be to put a stairgate on his room? Then he can't get out but he is not locked in.

They tried that he got over it

I dont think anyone has the right to judge him or amy other parent for their choices unless youve walked in their shoes. Thats whats happening here people are judging him.

Im sure hes not the only bloke whos bn put pff sex by childbirth he just happens to b one that says it.
Why dont we just hang him up and throw stones at him too after all he must be such an awful awful man.

To be honest, I read a couple of his articles and they set off my bullshit alarm big time. I'm an editor for a living so I have a pretty good ear for when someone is making something up or exaggerating for effect, and that's what his stories sound like to me.

Just one example, he says he was scared off his kids' swimming class as a SAHD because he couldn't participate in the discussions about cracked nipples and breastfeeding. Cracked nipples are a problem of very early breastfeeding and almost always clear up within a few days or weeks. So these mums at swimming class were presumably there with their tiny newborns. Somehow I don't think so. I would take anything this guy writes with a massive pinch of salt.

ETA Actually now I think about it, 37 times in one night sounds like rubbish too. That's literally every 15 minutes for 10 hours. Unless they just put him back in bed with no effort to settle and shut the door, I fail to see how that can be true. And if they did just put him back in bed and shut the door with no effort to settle, I can understand why their poor kid has problems.

I haven't read past the first page of this thread but I did watch it on this morning, and am I the only one who doesn't think it a big deal?
So his kid wouldn't sleep in his bed and wandered around, I don't understand why locking his door was such an issue? Like he said by the second night he had learnt and slept the whole night in his bed. I really don't see the issue unless he left him screaming banging against his bedroom door.

Also maybe I missed them mentioning it but wouldnt an easier solution be to put a stairgate on his room? Then he can't get out but he is not locked in.

They tried that he got over it

Oh dear. I don't think we should judge them anyway, there choice, and by the results of 'the worm' looks like the majority of people watching agreed with them.

There is a lot they don't mention in the article. THe point is, they were at the end of their rope. They didn't say "we never tried letting him play, we never talked to his doctor, we never changed his bedtime..."

I don't think any SANE person would just 'put up' with this behavior without exhausting every measure. They CLEARLY love their son, otherwise I think the lock would have been on after the first night he didn't sleep.

You may THINK you've been in their position before, (and yours may have been "worse") but some people don't have the same coping mechanisms - just like some people can move on after a death, when others are changed forever....

I don't think he would have shared his story if he didn't have good intentions.

i watched this, and i had pity for the dad and thought after trying every other route which didnt work this was the last route they took. there was becoming a safety issue for the child, turning on the cooker. if something serious would of happened the parents would of been blasted for not doing something. again the little boy was not benefiting from this also, he was falling asleep in nursery, loosing out on opportunities to learn and play.
i feel denise didnt have much of an arguement, because as she said she never had a issue with her childrens sleeping, there for hasnt been in that desperate need.

It's natural to have an opinion on something so emotive. I might not have the right to judge other parents but when I read a story like this, it stirs feelings in me and whoops! I end up judging. Where does having an opinion end and judging begin? I don't know so ill just label myself a bit fat judge haha :haha:

Fair point :thumbup: you big fat judge :haha: lol

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...and-confesses-Seeing-wife-birth-sex-YEAR.html
hes really a catch you know. The more I find out about him. Do read the horrible birth poor Sonny and his wife went through as well.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...and-confesses-Seeing-wife-birth-sex-YEAR.html
hes really a catch you know. The more I find out about him. Do read the horrible birth poor Sonny and his wife went through as well.

I'm not getting what ever point you are trying to make. Id say that article is typical of alot of men, and parts of that show him to be a loving and caring Husband and Father? :shrug:

Yeah so the guys an idiot and is clearly trying to get famous One way or another but that's not the point.

Im sure hes not the only bloke whos bn put pff sex by childbirth he just happens to b one that says it.
Why dont we just hang him up and throw stones at him too after all he must be such an awful awful man.

To be honest, I read a couple of his articles and they set off my bullshit alarm big time. I'm an editor for a living so I have a pretty good ear for when someone is making something up or exaggerating for effect, and that's what his stories sound like to me.

Just one example, he says he was scared off his kids' swimming class as a SAHD because he couldn't participate in the discussions about cracked nipples and breastfeeding. Cracked nipples are a problem of very early breastfeeding and almost always clear up within a few days or weeks. So these mums at swimming class were presumably there with their tiny newborns. Somehow I don't think so. I would take anything this guy writes with a massive pinch of salt.

ETA Actually now I think about it, 37 times in one night sounds like rubbish too. That's literally every 15 minutes for 10 hours. Unless they just put him back in bed with no effort to settle and shut the door, I fail to see how that can be true. And if they did just put him back in bed and shut the door with no effort to settle, I can understand why their poor kid has problems.

There are tiny newborns at my LO swimming classes......

There are tiny newborns at my LO swimming classes......

A few weeks old? Every swimming class I investigated did not take babies till 3 months ie after their first two immunizations because of the risk of illness.

Tbh i think some people on here r just being plain mean. Just because u dont agree with his choice diesnt make u parent of the year and give u the right to pull every thing hes ever said to pieces. He writes about stuff like childbirth, being a sahd, so what??? I tell u id love to b a fly on the wall when the hubby meets his mates because i can bet money they say stuff they wouldnt dream of mentipning it front if us. It just so happens that this guy gets paid for it. Whether people like it or not is their business but that doesnt make him an all out tosser based on his write ups.

Anyway just cos their nipples arent cracked anymore doesnt stop them talking about it. Regardless of how old theyre kids r.

I missed this morning but I read the article earlier on today after seeing it on Facebook.

On here I never comment on controversial topics like CIO etc but this was awful to read. I feel desperately sorry for the little boy.

If that makes me judgemental then I'm fine with that. I personally feel like (and only going from what I've read - because of course I don't know them) they could have done more to deal with the reasons/issues why the toddler was getting up at night.

If I had exhausted all options and it still wasn't resolved then I would have just brought him into my bed/room and put a bolt on MY door so we were all locked in together. Problem solved.

Now if that wasn't an acceptable solution to them, then that is really sad to me that in order to keep their toddler safe they resorted to leaving him to cry hysterically, behind a locked door, alone, for 3 hours. He comforted his wife outside the door, what comfort did his son get??

I missed this morning but I read the article earlier on today after seeing it on Facebook.

On here I never comment on controversial topics like CIO etc but this was awful to read. I feel desperately sorry for the little boy.

If that makes me judgemental then I'm fine with that. I personally feel like (and only going from what I've read - because of course I don't know them) they could have done more to deal with the reasons/issues why the toddler was getting up at night.

If I had exhausted all options and it still wasn't resolved then I would have just brought him into my bed/room and put a bolt on MY door so we were all locked in together. Problem solved.

Now if that wasn't an acceptable solution to them, then that is really sad to me that in order to keep their toddler safe they resorted to leaving him to cry hysterically, behind a locked door, alone, for 3 hours. He comforted his wife outside the door, what comfort did his son get??

I agree they should have persevered with other methods first. Looks like they already tried having him in bed.

"But it’s at this time that the first cracks appear. Straight away, a literal barrier is placed between you when you have your baby sleeping in your bed.

Sonny did this for the first few months of his life. Every night I was terrified of rolling onto him and crushing him to death, so would build a pillow mountain to stop myself from moving."

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->