• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

those not using CSA. what amount does FOB pay?

babycrazy1706

Mummy to Elijah and TTC
Reaction score
What's the amount you have agreed on for child support from your ex?
Or do you not get cash but instead your ex buys certain things? What is your agreement? Xx

He used to pay £25 a week but stopped in about April as he apparently was trying to get himself out of debt. ATM though he has her 3 nights a week so not much I can do (even though I provide everything for her, pay her nursery fees etc) but in Sept she starts full time preschool and he will only be seeing her 1 night a week so will be taking him to CSA if he doesn't start to pay again xx

Good on you.

My ex wants to continue to do what he did whilst we were together and that's go to the supermarket every month and get (most of) LO's things. To make it up to a decent amount I have to write a massive list. But even then it only ever come to around £60. He's getting a good deal really isn't he!!

Yeah he's getting a good deal, but it's whether you want to do that or ask for a set amount each week so you can buy what you like xx

Say no. Work out what LO costs to run per month including days out, clothing, childcare etc and then ask him for half (unless he is looking after LO a lot of the time) x

Well I don't have childcare costs cos my mum has him when I work. I don't buy clothes (yet) because I've had an enormous amount of hand me downs! I think I will give it til xmas and see if it works this way and if not, I will ask for money. When LO needs clothes or shoes etc I will obviously ask him to buy these aswell. According to the csa calculator he would have to pay £38 a week.

He used to pay £25 a week but stopped in about April as he apparently was trying to get himself out of debt. ATM though he has her 3 nights a week so not much I can do (even though I provide everything for her, pay her nursery fees etc) but in Sept she starts full time preschool and he will only be seeing her 1 night a week so will be taking him to CSA if he doesn't start to pay again xx

If you're the resident parent the other parent would still have to pay CSA even if they have the child 3 nights a week, if reduces the amount you get but you would still get something. We originally set up a CSA agreement in the same situation.

I'm glad we went through CSA and would encourage anyone in doubt to do the same. Because since then my stepchildrens mother has quit her job, moved 1.5hrs away and sees her daughter once every 2 months and hasn't seen her son for a year and a half... The £5 a week that they deduct from her benefits is all we now get.

If I were you I'd use the rule that CSA tend to follow, even while not using CSA. After discussions with my other half, it's what he plans on doing after university.

CSA tend to do between 10-15% of monthly earnings. Use the online calculator, put in his earnings :) x

Edit : just read the other posts, £38 a week it should be then! X

Nothing. He pays for getting her to and from his house 3 hours away and everything she needs there. He also puts money into savings for her.
Honestly we as a household make more than he and his girlfriend and I'd feel like I was taking the piss taking their money for the sake of it.

DH uses the CSA calculator online. Not sure what the weekly amount is, but he pays what it says he should as per its instructions.

I used to get £200 a month for one child.

Personally i think CSA is the best route if you dont think he will be reliable or fair.

He pays £200 per month for my LO but he only sees him a couple weeks a year and even then it's only for a few hours a day. X

I get 33 a week for 4 kids :/ it's pretty crap but that's what csa say so I have to suck it up lol

I get £35 a week. If we went through CSA i'd get alot more, but i'm happy with what he pays.

He only has her overnight once every other weekend, and a few hours on the sunday, the week he doesn't have her overnight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->