Those that TTC together, Stick together!! 4 BABY BOYS/3 BABY GIRLS

Fun... where do you live again, are you near florida? You make it sound like a weekend getaway sorta place for you! For us, its 3.5 hours flight and a big ordeal.

OH and I usually go every year for that spinning conference that he speaks at in Miami and thats end of may/june. I am kind of afraid to go this year though because Miami is a bit difficult a place to go if you can't drink and stuff and its super super hot. I may have to skip it but feel bad cuz its such a tradition of ours. Just doesnt sound as fun without our drinkies there isnt that much to do in miami!

We're in Northern Virginia, so it's about a 11 hour drive for us. Sounds long, but his family lives down there, so we visit a lot, and my family lives in Illinois, which is a 13 hour drive. We drive because we have a dog, so we're used to long drives. We get up at 4:00 and leave by 5 am, and are there before dinner. Never been to Miami...sounds like a fun place for me about 10 years ago! :haha: Now that I'm 80 years old, I like quiet, pretty, secluded...:rofl:

Yea- Miami is interesting and we went to south beach one night on our first visit and were way out of our element. We have since found quieter more local places around south beach to have drinks and pizza and go to the ocean. However, there isn't a ton to do if you cant have a drink. I was sad for a second coming back from Disney on the airplane because I would most likely not be going anywhere for a very long time. Selfish, I know, but even once you get your bfp there are things on the other side of it that are kind of a wistful bittersweet feeling.

Ny, it's good to have you back :) And you're not selfish; there are downsides to having babies, as with everything else in life. Ups & downs...clearly more ups with babies since we all have tried so hard to have one...

Exactly ready- I really really really want to go to england some day. And I thought of it. Just because Ive got a baby, doesnt take that completely away from me. I have a mother that i trust and would watch baby, or take the child when they are a few years old! Its workable and I will see england for sure! Just a bit later, perhaps.

When you comin back to MN again for the bday? Hope this stupid snow goes away for you. Or that it warms up at least. We are getting back down to single digits. Mother Nature has gone mad.

I think it's harder to reach our dreams like that when we have kids, but not impossible. You have to MAKE it happen, because it won't happen as readily as it would when you are "free" to do those things. You'll get there...

It snowed here this week too and I'm darn sick of it. Supposed to snow tonight as well. Boo. I'll be in town April 8 for a quick trip...it'll be like a family reunion, getting us all together to celebrate her life. I scanned in some ancient photos of my mom as a kid and throughout her life for a slideshow. I dig things like that :)

I think it's harder to reach our dreams like that when we have kids, but not impossible. You have to MAKE it happen, because it won't happen as readily as it would when you are "free" to do those things. You'll get there...

It snowed here this week too and I'm darn sick of it. Supposed to snow tonight as well. Boo. I'll be in town April 8 for a quick trip...it'll be like a family reunion, getting us all together to celebrate her life. I scanned in some ancient photos of my mom as a kid and throughout her life for a slideshow. I dig things like that :)

Ugh. These are the days I do not miss living in the midwest! It was 80 degrees here last Friday! No more snow for us, although it will be down in the high 30s, low 40s in the next few days. That's cold enough! Ny, you were complaining about the lack of snow days...if we even get an inch of snow here, we have 2 snow days! :rofl: It's a bit ridiculous...we had 10 snow days last year! We went to school until the end of June! :wacko:

As for traveling, my parents always traveled with us. We got to go to some awesome places, because they weren't afraid to bring us. However, that's what grandparents are for, right?! My dh and I totally plan on going on some vacays without the kids...and some vacays (even European, etc.) WITH small children. They need to see the world sometime!

Gosh, we never ever ever have snow days. It kind of makes me just think of my school district as money hungry, ya know? To not even have one snow day when we are in winter storm warnings is pretty sad!

Traveling with kids is different, thats for sure! I hadn't done it yet until this Disney trip. All my trips had been without kids! But it was fun, so I'd totally do it again. I may wait until baby is 1 though at least....but we will see. We really want to take Ella somewhere next year spring break again so baby would only be a few months old. Im sure it would work. THey just eat, poop, and sleep so can't be that bad. Maybe somewhere less CROWDED like Disney was though. That could frustrate me a bit!

Gosh, we never ever ever have snow days. It kind of makes me just think of my school district as money hungry, ya know? To not even have one snow day when we are in winter storm warnings is pretty sad!

Traveling with kids is different, thats for sure! I hadn't done it yet until this Disney trip. All my trips had been without kids! But it was fun, so I'd totally do it again. I may wait until baby is 1 though at least....but we will see. We really want to take Ella somewhere next year spring break again so baby would only be a few months old. Im sure it would work. THey just eat, poop, and sleep so can't be that bad. Maybe somewhere less CROWDED like Disney was though. That could frustrate me a bit!

Well, we're in an area that has about 4 snow plows total. They have NO IDEA how to plow or how to drive in it, so people freak out. Also, we have so many lawyers here, that if one kids slips on the ice, the school district is going DOWN! It's nice for us teachers. :winkwink:

Babies would probably be easier to travel with, I'd think...you're right about them just eating and sleeping. Especially if you're nursing, you've got everything attached! :haha:

Hey girls, :witch: arrived this morning, as I had anticipated. :( I got all (ok, most) of my sadness out yesterday so it is actually a better day, despite her ugly face. Rosa, how are you?

It has been quiet here--I hope everyone is doing okay!

It has been quiet...I noticed that last night. I hope everyone is okay.

Ready, I'm so sorry AF came. :hugs: But you're right, yesterday was my sad day as well, with the bfn. AF has not come for me yet, and I'm super annoyed. I should have gotten it first thing in the morning (overnight actually) and nothing. I'm 16 dpo now, and very impatient. Either give me a bfp or AF, but I hate this limbo crap. I had cramps last night, and I had to use a heating pad, so I thought for sure it would be this morning. I'm prepared for her at any time today. I really really really hope I'm not waiting a long time...:wacko: I've heard clomid can do that...

I forgot to mention, I am in the worst mood ever. I SO do not want to be here today, and God help any student who makes me mad today! :haha: I'm so tired that I could literally fall asleep at my desk...and we have a performance this evening, so it's going to be a loooooong day. :cry:

Rosa- maybe you shoulda called in today! I suppose you can't really do that with the performance tonight though. So if clomid makes your AF later, does that mean your ovulation was too, or is it just making LP longer? Seems like a good and bad thing together!

Sorry for AF ready- Is this the cycle that you will not be trying because you and OH aren't going to be together? I think he should come with you so that you are together! The cycle we got pregnant was the one where my OH had to go to NY for business and last minute he asked if i wanted to go and i didn't but then was not wanting us to be apart for my fertile time so spent a bunch of money last minute and went. Glad now that i did that!

I think some TTCers have left the room! Seems to have windled down a bit. I m stickin around to see you ladies get bfp's then we can all decide if we want to move to a pregnancy group or something. I don't really belong to a pregnancy group but the threads I do have all got pregnant ladies and TTCers together.

Rosa- maybe you shoulda called in today! I suppose you can't really do that with the performance tonight though. So if clomid makes your AF later, does that mean your ovulation was too, or is it just making LP longer? Seems like a good and bad thing together!

I think some TTCers have left the room! Seems to have windled down a bit. I m stickin around to see you ladies get bfp's then we can all decide if we want to move to a pregnancy group or something. I don't really belong to a pregnancy group but the threads I do have all got pregnant ladies and TTCers together.

Can't call in with a performance! The bad thing is that Thursdays and Fridays are jam packed schedules for me. I only have this little time in the morning, and I teach non stop until the end, which is exhausting. GREAT for a day that I'm feeling like this! Plus it's rainy and miserable outside. :nope: I think I o'ed on the same cd that I usually o on, just have a longer LP. I've read several places that it can make the LP longer, which SUCKS since I already have a rather long on (15 days usually).

I think some people have left, too. HOpeful and Mrs. are ntnp right now, so they're probably not on bnb much, if at all. Andrea...not sure where she is. I hope she's doing okay. Star? Kiki? It's getting lonely with just the 3 of us! Ny, can you join a 1st tri group AND stick with us? I'm on another thread for 30's ttc #1...

Ladies, I'm feeling so hopeless today. :cry: I thought I got all my weepies out yesterday...here are some more.

Rosa, yesterday was both my sad day AND my moody day, so THAT was fun. Sounds like you are hitting moody today...I'm sorry. I hope AF stays away from you for a good reason... :)

Thanks, Ny, this is a real bummer...on to the next cycle but yes it is probably ntnp. Unless I O early/late, I will be away smack on my best days. I don't think DH will come with...although I do remember you hopping on a plane to get some lovin'! Haha, that was funny & it sure paid off! I miss our chatty thread, to be honest, but I understand that people move on or find other interests...it's nice that the preggy girls haven't abandoned us :flower:

Oh, Rosa, I'm sorry!! Don't forget--you are on a magic drug that is SURE to get you the baby you want! It just isn't a guarantee with any one cycle. Add a few cycles together and certainly you'll be pregnant within a few months... you'll have a winter baby that will get a day off from school every single time a flake of snow falls :)

Ready, I'm so sorry af got you. Wish I could kick her in the face for you. At least you are having a decent day despite af, now time to look forward to ov and the next dreaded tww.

Rosa, I've been having several days like that. Seems these days I can't fall asleep till nearly 2 then have to be up at ten to six for work. Makes for a very cranky Meygan. The waiting is the worst. I was 4 days late before my bfp and it drove me mad. Hopefully you won't be waiting around much longer.

It does seem to be rather quiet in here these day. I wonder where everyone has vanished to. Maybe people are moving on to other threads. Ny, I'm not on any pregnancy threads either. I browse second tri from time to time but I am pretty much just here.

Not much going on with me these days aside from swollen legs and feet. I'm considering switching doctors, but I'm wondering if maybe I'm too far along to be doing that. I know it's my choice and I can switch whenever I want, but I just don't want to complicate things.

Haha, love, we had a little menage a trois going yesterday when no one else was around... :rofl:

Ready, I'm so sorry af got you. Wish I could kick her in the face for you. At least you are having a decent day despite af, now time to look forward to ov and the next dreaded tww.
Thanks! :hug: Let's both kick her in the face... :gun: also, :grr:

Anyone noticed there are not enough angry images? :sulk: Well, anyway, I guess this is going to be me this weekend :drunk:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->