Time to prepare winter bags for cars

loopy_lou

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

Quick reminder to this week try and get a winter bag packed up and in the car for emergencies if we get a winter like last year.

I am packing my bag this week and am packing up

For Us
-------
Warm jumper
clean/dry socks
walking boots (to replace work shoes)
hat/scarfe/gloves (it will be the day you forget yours when you need them)
A book, some paper and pens (to keep you occupied and to leave a note if you need to abandon the car)
Drinks - bottled water, cans of pop, husband has iced coffee cans which just need to be shook
Food - Boiled sweets, chocolate, crisps, cupa soups
Empty bottle and toilet roll (part of)
empty hot water bottle and empty flask which can be filled when leaving the office in the evening
Mug with a collection of coffee/sugar and tea sachets
Mini 1st aid kit inc foil blanket

For little one (in addition to changing bag)
------------

Extra nappies
Few extra pouches of food
Extra Snacks
Extra changes of clothes x2
Extra pre made formula

L

I'll be joining you in this!! I got stuck in my car for 6 hours 2 years ago :( Id say baby wipes too & a blanket.. oh & an in car phone charger xxxx

yep they all live in the car :)

Last year i had a veg box in the back which i had some foam in to make a flat bed for Harriet if we had to shelter in a supermarket or something like that this year that might be more of a problem :(

Excellent idea! I got stranded at work last winter when I was about five months pregnant. I had to walk about three miles (on my own!) to get to a point that my dad could get to in the car to pick me up and take me back to my parents house! I couldn't get back to my own house till the next afternoon, and it would have been useful to have some spare bits and bobs in the car.

I did have a couple of tupperware boxes in the car for emergencies - one instead of a bottle (can't risk a sudden bad aim!!) and one for, erm, larger emergencies :blush:

I now keep a couple of nappies in the car for long journeys in case we get stuck in traffic - easier to slip one of them under you in the car than to hover above a bottle/tub!! :thumbup:

Excellent idea! I got stranded at work last winter when I was about five months pregnant. I had to walk about three miles (on my own!) to get to a point that my dad could get to in the car to pick me up and take me back to my parents house! I couldn't get back to my own house till the next afternoon, and it would have been useful to have some spare bits and bobs in the car.

I did have a couple of tupperware boxes in the car for emergencies - one instead of a bottle (can't risk a sudden bad aim!!) and one for, erm, larger emergencies :blush:

I now keep a couple of nappies in the car for long journeys in case we get stuck in traffic - easier to slip one of them under you in the car than to hover above a bottle/tub!! :thumbup:
Im liking the nappy idea.. i had to use a chip shop loo :haha: also halfords sell something for us ladies to pee on haha but I think its damn price x

Loopy Lou, now I live in the sticks. I think this a great idea. Btw which part of Cambridgeshire are you from?

Good idea!! We only got a bit of dusting last year, and the year before was about two feet of snow. It's always handy to have a blanket and nappies in the car though. I think I'll make a little bag if stuff up :)
Thanks! :thumbup:

You can also get little hand warmers from camping shops that are great. You could put one in a blanket to warm it before giving it to LO and then use it yourself.

Better still stay home!!!
I was 8 months pregnant last christmas so any sign of snow and i did not leave the house, it was fab! :haha:
Need a new excuse this year.....oh yes, the nursery is closed, trains cancelled, car won't start i've got them all ready :haha:

These are a really good idea I hadn't even thought about it

Loopy Lou, now I live in the sticks. I think this a great idea. Btw which part of Cambridgeshire are you from?

I am Irish hehe we lived in Cambourne for 10 years but i am now in Littleport just the other side of Ely in the fens :)

Well the white stuff is falling in some parts of the country the bags are in the car and i am ready :)

I am keeping a look out at Metcheck.com it says tomorrow we might get a dusting but nothing over the next 2 weeks.

Also got the house ready.

I have taken all the drawers out of the freezer and had a sort through of what i need to use up and made sure i am stocked up on essentials if were not able to get out for a week or so. Written down the contents of each drawer and when it needs to be used by. Done this for dry goods as well :)

Were out picking up last few things wednesday and thursday for christmas but will also be collecting some more tea bags and some long life milk for us and Harriet just in case (these are in date for ages and any left over make brilliant rice puddings and white sauces for lasagne when the risk of snow has gone). Using my co-op vouchers to get these :) I can't be without a cup of tea i might murder someone !! We picked up a supply of hot chocolate for hubbie at the weekend in whittards so he's happy :)

youve got me thinking now what to keep in the car!

I tend to have things like plug in phone charger for the car (must check its in there tho)

But got me thinking what else? - thought I might pack my camping sleeping bag as it rolls up really tiny and can store it in the boot, useful for snuggling if stuck in traffic in periods of bad weather like last year esp if LO is with me.

Also spare water etc

Plan to do this weekend.....

youve got me thinking now what to keep in the car!

I tend to have things like plug in phone charger for the car (must check its in there tho)

But got me thinking what else? - thought I might pack my camping sleeping bag as it rolls up really tiny and can store it in the boot, useful for snuggling if stuck in traffic in periods of bad weather like last year esp if LO is with me.

Also spare water etc

Plan to do this weekend.....

Do it tonight while you think about it :) And make sure you have deicer in the car and screenwash it will keep you moving :) Hugs

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->