to circumcise or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
addictive green bean casserole? Okay..... you feeling alright?

I had pizza, pepperoni with extra cheese, it was good. I'm now finishing off my second pint of orange squash and eating white chocolate. Lil lady is also very hyperactive x

Hope you feel better soon hun xxx

addictive green bean casserole? Okay..... you feeling alright?

No.... I don't think so.....

I made it primarily because I'm in desperate need of going grocery shopping and had nothing better to prepare..... I don't even like green beans..... But once I started to eat it I couldn't stop!!!! So then I ate my husbands (he's working late again tonight..... so he'll just have to fend for himself when he gets home) and then I scraped the bowl clean....

But it was green beans..... and green beans are healthy so it's all good..... as long as you ignore the fact that they were smothered in some high fat sour cream sauce and covered with cheese.........

Wrapping already! I'm impressed. Then again, I guess we don't have much time left, do we?

Your secret is safe with me.

I'm too dizzy to want sugar right now. I have a mandarin orange in front of me, which I love, and I am hungry, but I am too dizzy to want it!

My baby seems to be enjoying the sugar high, though. He's hyperactive in there!

He? Its a he? Confirmed?!!! Bmonki won, damn. Now Annie, hurry up give birth to this baby and then go get busy to get my future daughter-in-law here!

And now we're back to things we put in our mouths, this time it's food! Please allow me to contribute...

CHEEEEEESEEEEEECAAAAAAAAAAKEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And now we're back to things we put in our mouths, this time it's food! Please allow me to contribute...

CHEEEEEESEEEEEECAAAAAAAAAAKEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is that cheesecake with extra cheese and cake? :haha: Yummy!

i dunno what it is, maybe the sensation of it hitting my throat or something... even the smell of it makes me gag. :sick:

can you be allergic to semen??

My mom was allergic to my dads! But somehow managed to get pregnant with my brother and me...said every single time they had unprotected sex she got a yeast infection from it! crazy!

and yes, the thread has turned to food...I want a big, greasy, cheesy cheeseburger...with fresh hot salty fries and a rootbeer float...and i'm not pregnant!:thumbup:

Bmonki, I forgot I wanted to point out something to you that had been mentioned earlier: vegetarians taste better! They also smell better! Sooooo glad my hubby went veg when we got married! Other than no longer crying and sometimes fighting because I felt he had no compassion for animals which I just couldn't understand because he seemed to have such a big heart, I enjoy his scent and taste much more now. His feet still smell, but his balls don't stink! :rofl:

Id rather be talking about circumsision than giving blow jobs!

I have a little boy and it never even entered my head!! Why put baby thru pain? Especially when my little boy has had to endure operations such as lumberpunture's and eye operations!! It's rediculous to put a baby thru an operation for no other purpose than cosmetic reasons. Men in the UK don't tend to have it done unless for medical reasons and a small percentage for religious reasons and I am sure there is not an unhygienic epidemic of UK men's willies falling off is there????

Bmonki, I forgot I wanted to point out something to you that had been mentioned earlier: vegetarians taste better! They also smell better! Sooooo glad my hubby went veg when we got married! Other than no longer crying and sometimes fighting because I felt he had no compassion for animals which I just couldn't understand because he seemed to have such a big heart, I enjoy his scent and taste much more now. His feet still smell, but his balls don't stink! :rofl:

in which case i'm screwed, hubby is from a primarily south american and oriental background and BOY do they love their meat.

hi, i am having a boy and thought about this decision as well. I read about the pros and cons and that made up my mind for me.
Basically, the foreskin offers a nice breeding ground/hiding spot for bacteria and viruses. This includes HIV. So a man with foreskin is more susceptible to HIV. Also, although penile cancer is rare, it basically occurs in men who have not been circumcised.
These 2 facts alone made my mind up very fast! I was also thinking of not getting it done, mostly cos it just seems so cruel. But I think the benefits outweigh the cons. Plus the procedure is very brief, I read that babies usually sleep after the procedure as some sort of protective mechanism and when he wakes up he won't even remember! :thumbup:

hi, i am having a boy and thought about this decision as well. I read about the pros and cons and that made up my mind for me.
Basically, the foreskin offers a nice breeding ground/hiding spot for bacteria and viruses. This includes HIV. So a man with foreskin is more susceptible to HIV. Also, although penile cancer is rare, it basically occurs in men who have not been circumcised.
These 2 facts alone made my mind up very fast! I was also thinking of not getting it done, mostly cos it just seems so cruel. But I think the benefits outweigh the cons. Plus the procedure is very brief, I read that babies usually sleep after the procedure as some sort of protective mechanism and when he wakes up he won't even remember! :thumbup:

Please read post #74 https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-second-trimester/487062-circumcise-not-8.html#post8233808 especially pharagraph #4.
HIV and penile cancer are so insignificant that the AAP and the WHO do not recommend routine infact circ. I'm not trying to change your mind but it is important to know the accurate facts. Please, please, please do more research! I wish I had before we had our first some circ'd.

And my son was asleep when we brought him in but strapping him to the board woke him up. I think you will find that most newborns DO NOT sleep through the procedure. Many go into shock but are not asleep.
This is my account- post#78 https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-second-trimester/487062-circumcise-not-8.html#post8233847
"He (my son) did have the painkiller (both the injected and topical) and it didn't make a difference. He was still in extreme pain. So much so that he would gasp for air and turn purple. We did nurse right after but he refused because he was in so much pain and it took a week to get that back on track. It took two weeks for him to not scream when he peed and the circ sight bled for a month. A few weeks after the procedure it became infected and developed a yeast infection. He still has redness and inflammation from time to time. In my humble opinion, it seems an uncirc'd penis would be much healthier and cleaner, especially during the diaper years."

Basically, the foreskin offers a nice breeding ground/hiding spot for bacteria and viruses. This includes HIV. So a man with foreskin is more susceptible to HIV. Also, although penile cancer is rare, it basically occurs in men who have not been circumcised. These 2 facts alone made my mind up very fast! I was also thinking of not getting it done, mostly cos it just seems so cruel. But I think the benefits outweigh the cons. Plus the procedure is very brief, I read that babies usually sleep after the procedure as some sort of protective mechanism and when he wakes up he won't even remember! :thumbup:

actually, as long as the man keeps himself clean into adulthood by pulling the skin back and soaping up in the shower then he should be fine...good hygiene is where the mommies and daddies come in and teach, but as an infant the foreskin actually provides a protection to his penis from bacteria (urine, fecal matter)....and the cancer part, correct me if I'm wrong, but its only a .2% difference in men with and without having circumcision done.

as far as the HIV statisitic..I don't think I would pay too much mind to that as there can be so many influences to sway that one way or the other, was it circumcision that decreased the risk of HIV transmission, or do members of certain cultures have fewer sex partners or engage in less risky sexual practices, or choosing to have safe sex vs unprotected sex..all of these which could influence HIV transmission and statistics?

The whole process is not meant to be..why have it done? If it were so bad having a foreskin then why are boys born with it? Unless there are religious reasons i just cannot understand anyone having it done..unless they are misinformed. In the UK, very few men are circumsised and i have to say, the doctors are NOT full of men with conditions because of it! I know its a personal decision and at the end of the day, its up to the individual but please be assured if you are considering it, it is not the norm in the UK and men carry on fine without this operation. My dh hasnt had it and he has NEVER had any issues with his penis!

sorry to hear about what happened with your son Blutea. sounds scary. i realize that the stats related to HIV and cancer are tiny, i guess for me any stats related to HIV or cancer were too many. I'm a bit of a hypochondriac. I also realize that a man can just practice good hygiene. The sleeping was said to happen after the procedure not during it. Anyhow, it's just what I read. I will definitely read about it more though.
I also had the same thought - they are born with it so why cut it. i also didn't want to put the baby through any pain. one thing i was worried about was infection and how to take care of it if i do get the circumcision done.

...and remember too, there are two sides to every story. What may happen to a boy if circumsision is carried out? Chances are, that will cause an adverse reaction that maybe has never been researched....who knows! Maybe something else to consider!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbishop
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"