to circumcise or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
...and remember too, there are two sides to every story. What may happen to a boy if circumsision is carried out? Chances are, that will cause an adverse reaction that maybe has never been researched....who knows! Maybe something else to consider!

Thats all speculation. Circumcision has been practised for centuries and widely practices for decades. I don't think that arguement is a very sound one.
It is extremely common in the US and there have never been any conclusive studies about any differences between cut and uncut men (when the procedure is done properly).
Hope that doesn't offend you, I just don't like to see that kind of vague attitude that can play off people's fears. :flower:

The HIV statistics, from what I read are mostly in countries with poorer hygiene and less condom use. SO, while its unlikely going uncut will increase the chance of a man from the UK or US will contract HIV, statistically, it CAN increase the odds of catching it. I don't think that statistic is very relevant if you will be raising your child with good hygiene practices and encourage condom use.

My OH was circumcised for health reasons when he was a baby...

My youngest brother wasnt and then suffered terrible pains when he was about 7 due to his foreskin being too tight....

My OH doesnt think we should have LO circumcised but knowing my brothers problem and that OH's was done for health reasons i am concerned that it may need to be done at a later date....

Confusing!! x

I'm fascinated that this thread has made its way back on topic!

My youngest brother wasnt and then suffered terrible pains when he was about 7 due to his foreskin being too tight....

My OH doesnt think we should have LO circumcised but knowing my brothers problem and that OH's was done for health reasons i am concerned that it may need to be done at a later date....

Confusing!! x

I do understand your concern but it's not likely that your son will have the same issue.

I'm amazed the thread has lasted this long without any bans or being locked!

Confusing!! x

I do understand your concern but it's not likely that your son will have the same issue.

I never thought i'd see the day where i was debating over a circumcision haha...

Not something i ever thought would be appropriate to me haha :haha:

It's been pretty civil in my opinion.

Yeah, there were some rough pages back there, but people have mostly been good (thanks ladies)!

I'm kind of amazed the fellatio discussion didn't get shut down....civil as it might have been!

lol, yeah i was expecting it to get locked :D

personally just in the interests of this thread considering its back on topic, if i ever have a boy he wont be circ'd unless its for a medical reason.. DH hasn't had it done and he has no issues with hygeine or with condom fit and doesnt have HIV or cancer.. *touch wood*

but then thats back to the differences between the norm over here and the norm in the US.

now... cookies... triple choc or choc chunk...

It's been pretty civil in my opinion.

Yeah, there were some rough pages back there, but people have mostly been good (thanks ladies)!

I'm kind of amazed the fellatio discussion didn't get shut down....civil as it might have been!

Oh, right...the fellatio discussion. I am a bit surprised now too. LOL

Yeah, there were some rough pages back there, but people have mostly been good (thanks ladies)!I'm kind of amazed the fellatio discussion didn't get shut down....civil as it might have been!

You and me both!

And in regards to circumcision I was discussing it with my mother the other day and she was not to pleased of my decision to keep this little one intact should it come out with a penis. AND my 13 year old brother ended up walking into our conversation half way through.... here's how it went....

Brother: What's a circumcision?
Me: It's a procedure where they cut a piece of skin off a penis.
Brother: OUCH! Why on earth would someone pay to have a piece of their penis cut off?!?!?
Mom: You were circumcised when you were a baby.
Brother: What the?!?! You cut off a piece of my penis! What's wrong with you?!?!?!

((((((silence)))))

Brother:I knew it was suppose to be bigger!!!!!

:dohh:

I'm so glad I'm having a girl this time! don't have to worry about it this time :)

Yeah, there were some rough pages back there, but people have mostly been good (thanks ladies)!I'm kind of amazed the fellatio discussion didn't get shut down....civil as it might have been!

You and me both!

And in regards to circumcision I was discussing it with my mother the other day and she was not to pleased of my decision to keep this little one intact should it come out with a penis. AND my 13 year old brother ended up walking into our conversation half way through.... here's how it went....

Brother: OUCH! Why on earth would someone pay to have a piece of their penis cut off?!?!?
Brother: What the?!?! You cut off a piece of my penis! What's wrong with you?!?!?! ((((((silence))))) I knew it was suppose to be bigger!!!!!

:haha:

You and me both!

Brother: What the?!?! You cut off a piece of my penis! What's wrong with you?!?!?!

((((((silence)))))

Brother:I knew it was suppose to be bigger!!!!!

Oh that is fantastic. :rofl:

lol KK that's classic poor guy can you imagine the conversations he's going to have with his mates now lol!

Not. Why would anyone want to hurt their perfect newborn miracle. Let them decide later in life. What a stupid question to even ask.

Roll on the pro-circ hygiene police .......

yeah, there were some rough pages back there, but people have mostly been good (thanks ladies)!i'm kind of amazed the fellatio discussion didn't get shut down....civil as it might have been!

you and me both!

And in regards to circumcision i was discussing it with my mother the other day and she was not to pleased of my decision to keep this little one intact should it come out with a penis. And my 13 year old brother ended up walking into our conversation half way through.... Here's how it went....

brother: what's a circumcision?
me: it's a procedure where they cut a piece of skin off a penis.
brother: ouch! Why on earth would someone pay to have a piece of their penis cut off?!?!?
mom: you were circumcised when you were a baby.
brother: what the?!?! You cut off a piece of my penis! What's wrong with you?!?!?!

((((((silence)))))

brother:i knew it was suppose to be bigger!!!!!

pmsl!!!!!!!

I am team blue and DEFINATELY pro circ... the proceedure is too extreme as an adult if he wanted to have it done. imagine trying to get an uncircumsized little penis clean all the time... idk it sounds like a nightmare to me and could cause problems for him especially when he has to take care of it himself in early years. but good luck to you theres nothing wrong with watever decision you make either way im sure he will be happy and healthy!!

I am team blue and DEFINATELY pro circ... the proceedure is too extreme as an adult if he wanted to have it done. imagine trying to get an uncircumsized little penis clean all the time... idk it sounds like a nightmare to me and could cause problems for him especially when he has to take care of it himself in early years. but good luck to you theres nothing wrong with watever decision you make either way im sure he will be happy and healthy!!

There's absolutely no difference in cleaning a tiny uncircumcised penis vs an tiny circumcised penis.... except for the fact that that tiny circumcised penis will have an open painful wound on it for several days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbishop
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"