To those with Stepkids and your own kids

Status
Not open for further replies.

leeanne

Mom of 3 and Stepmom of 2
Reaction score
Do you buy equally between them? Up until the year before last, I bought equal presents for all of them. But, it's truly not fair as my stepkids have 2 Christmas's so get to go home and open a pile more gifts. Seriously, if my own kids get 10, should the others get 10 then how many more when they go home?

How do you buy for your stepkids?

This year mine are getting 3-4 good ones and that's it.

I have 3 kids and one step kid...

...i know my Step kid gets spoilt rotten at home bless him...and between us he gets 2 birthdays, 2 Christmases, 2 lots of holidays lol the best of both worlds!

So at Christmas no i dont by the same......he gets all his presents down there and all my family are great and buy him little bits of stuff and between us and his mum we make sure he gets everything he wanted,
But My lot only have one Christmas and only 1 family so i buy more for them.

When my step kids were younger I always made sure they had the same amount of gifts as my kids but their mom never really bought them gifts as she really was not in their life much , I think in your situation its a bit different because they will have other gifts to open . My stepkids are all grown now , so now they just get a few things .

I think perhaps the difference is my stepkids are older now and not into Santa so they should certainly have some understanding. They can't expect to have a whirlwind Christmas at two homes.

Do you buy equally between them? Up until the year before last, I bought equal presents for all of them. But, it's truly not fair as my stepkids have 2 Christmas's so get to go home and open a pile more gifts. Seriously, if my own kids get 10, should the others get 10 then how many more when they go home?

How do you buy for your stepkids?

This year mine are getting 3-4 good ones and that's it.

That's strange, I was thinking exactly the same thing last night!

Sorry I don't have any suggestions, this is Oscars first xmas so this is our first xmas all together.

Speaking from a step kids point of view. I lived with my mum, step dad and half sister and they bought me the same presents as my sister. My dad, step mum spent less money on me as they did their kids that lived with them. If that makes sense

Speaking from a step kids point of view. I lived with my mum, step dad and half sister and they bought me the same presents as my sister. My dad, step mum spent less money on me as they did their kids that lived with them. If that makes sense

I know what you mean hun....im a step kid as well so i can see it from both sides...

...My step kid is older than my Lo's so understands thankfully :cloud9:

Im also lucky in the fact that i get on with OH's ex and we put are heads to gether to see who's getting him what so that helps.

I wasnt complaining I was just saying how it worked in my family. Now Im older I get sod all! Christmas is for kids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->