Too early to buy for next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kellyc1987

Reaction score
So i'm browsing through some of the amazon lightening deals and I saw that the Leapfrog MyPal Scout is going to be on offer from 19:30 (UK Time)

Depending on the price i'm thinking of buying this for my bump (who will be 9 months by next christmas). I'm just wondering whether it's too early to start for next year?

If its something you for sure want, I don't think there's anything wrong with buying ahead if you can afford it. I already bought one gift for next year, lol. Amazon had a learning resources cash register toy as a deal of the day last week 50% off, so I bought it for next Christmas. Figured next year he'll be more into learning about counting money with school.

ETA: I will caution, though, that scout toy is super annoying. Sometimes you have to buy with yourself in mind too, that you'll have to deal with the toy.

Thanks, i'm glad you said that I never even thought about the toy being annoying lol!!

Both of my lo's loved the my pal scouts/violet :)

DD has a Violet and DS2 has a Scout. They love them and sleep with them every night. I don't find them annoying but they stay in the bedroom all day and are only used for the lullabies really.

Yes do it!

I always buy if I think it's a good price and will get used eventually! I've nearly finished my sons birthday presents for next September as I've bought way to much!

I've already started buying for next chrisgmas and will plan on getting most of Los presents bought in the January sales.

Do it! I got that carried away with books last year I've got enough this year to do a book advent which was a nice surprise. I've got bits for los birthdays next year too :) x

Colin loved his Scout and I didn't find it annoying at all.

Hell no!! It's never too early! I tell myself every year I'll be more organised the next one, it never ever happens! Maybe 1 day x

It's a good idea in theory. I bought some stuff in the Jan sales ... I've given him every single one of those gifts though so now buying again!

I don't have a lot of impulse control though!

We are big fans of Scout/Violet in this house :thumbup:

In fact, I wish I'd thought of it because I intend to get DS a Scout for Christmas next year. I started buying for DD in February so I'd totally start now if I saw an amazing deal!

I personally wouldn't for mine just because I don't know what they will be into by next year, and I don't have the money now to buy anything that far in advance. But if its something like that, age appropriate for a very small child, then I don't see why not.

My bad, its not the Scout toy I was thinking of. I just looked that one up since others were saying its not annoying. They're right, that's not the one I'm thinking of. I can't think of what it was called, but there was definitely a baby toy that was a bear that was kind of interactive with pressing its paws, ears, belly, etc and it just never seemed to be quiet.

My bad, its not the Scout toy I was thinking of. I just looked that one up since others were saying its not annoying. They're right, that's not the one I'm thinking of. I can't think of what it was called, but there was definitely a baby toy that was a bear that was kind of interactive with pressing its paws, ears, belly, etc and it just never seemed to be quiet.

You're thinking of the "Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Learning Puppy"... my LO doesn't have one but I've heard so many friends complain about how annoying it is!

You're thinking of the "Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Learning Puppy"... my LO doesn't have one but I've heard so many friends complain about how annoying it is!

YES! That's it! I was trying to google it to see which one I was thinking of, but I kept thinking it was a bear so wasn't finding it, lol

Nope not too early, if it's a bargain then it's a great idea to spread the cost! The only thing that stops me is that we have zero storage space to buy things way in advance, it would either be found or get in the way.

It's a good idea in theory. I bought some stuff in the Jan sales ... I've given him every single one of those gifts though so now buying again!

I don't have a lot of impulse control though!

Agree! I just bought B a pillow pet and gave it to her as soon as we got home....and that was only for this Christmas. Goodness knows how I would keep anything hidden for a year. Ugh plus storing things!

If you have more self control than us then yes definitely do it.

My Pal Scout is great, both my boys have them. We are getting William a Read With Me Violet for Christmas this year.

Also a big plus to My Pal Scout, you can add Christmas songs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->