Took last pill today, wtt December.

What pill were you taking? I'm a but worried about what coming off (cilest) will do. Are you taking any pre natal or folic acid yet?

I'm taking prenatal vitamins. Almost for a month now! I've come off microgynon.
When did you come off? How you finding it?

I've been off for almost 2 weeks! I haven't had any symptoms or anything that I've read about on the internet, and my withdrawal bleed was super heavy & went for ages. Hoping AF comes back quickly!

I was on millinette spicyorange. Started getting a few period cramps already this evening. I started taking folic acid this morning, not sure whether to start a prenatal. I can't for the life of me remember what I did last time!

Hi jaspie!

They say you should try to Start taking them 3 months prior to TTC. So you could start in a month or so probably.

Right I will get some next time I'm at the supermarket. Do they usually contain folic acid as I am already taking that and probably shouldn't take it double!?

Nearly all so but check the packet, I think I'm only folic acid is recommended 3 months before and others from conception but prob doesn't hurt to stay then early. I'm going to take fa from after my holiday (slightly short of 3 months but only just) then switch to prenatal complex when we start ttc

Hi, I'm planning to come off the pill in Jan to TTC in March/April. Please keep us posted. I know everybody is different but any experience helps. Good luck that it's an easy transition from birth control to not :)

Right I will get some next time I'm at the supermarket. Do they usually contain folic acid as I am already taking that and probably shouldn't take it double!?

You can get some without folic acid, but it can be a bit harder to find though. :flower:

I haven't stopped taking prenatals since I gave birth; they're much easier on my stomach than regular vitamins, and I like to be covered in case I accidently get pregnant. I also took B12 vitamins because I read about a study that found that women with adequate supply of that during pregnancy had babies that cried less. I don't know if the two are really correlated, but my daughter doesn't cry unless she needs something, so it may have worked for me - plus I've never had an issue with her sleeping. Just picked up more B12 today to start getting ready for the next pregnancy! (I found the B12 thing interesting, in case anyone else wanted to look into it for their pregnancy)

https://www.nutraingredients.com/Research/Vitamin-B12-in-pregnancy-could-lead-to-quieter-babies-Study

You can get some without folic acid, but it can be a bit harder to find though. :flower:

I haven't stopped taking prenatals since I gave birth; they're much easier on my stomach than regular vitamins, and I like to be covered in case I accidently get pregnant. I also took B12 vitamins because I read about a study that found that women with adequate supply of that during pregnancy had babies that cried less. I don't know if the two are really correlated, but my daughter doesn't cry unless she needs something, so it may have worked for me - plus I've never had an issue with her sleeping. Just picked up more B12 today to start getting ready for the next pregnancy! (I found the B12 thing interesting, in case anyone else wanted to look into it for their pregnancy)

https://www.nutraingredients.com/Research/Vitamin-B12-in-pregnancy-could-lead-to-quieter-babies-Study

So do you take a prenatal and then b12 on top of that or is part of the prenatal? Aidan didn't cry unless he needed something a baby, but don't want to take any chances next time round!

2 days without the poll and still waiting for withdrawal bleed. Had cramping since last night though so I reckon it'll be here tomorrow.

Yes they normally do! So maybe you should either ask your doctor, or do some research on what else is normally in a prenatal vitamin & take that. I think it's normally iron that's another important one..

So do you take a prenatal and then b12 on top of that or is part of the prenatal? Aidan didn't cry unless he needed something a baby, but don't want to take any chances next time round!

Yep! One of each. I'm glad I'm not the only worried about round #2! My daughter spoils me with how easy she is. :haha:

Aidan was an easy baby, he is a handful now though! But yes I worry I won't get so lucky with the next baby stage!

Well my bleed started this morning. Yuck. But glad it's all kicking off now.

Aidan was an easy baby, he is a handful now though! But yes I worry I won't get so lucky with the next baby stage!

Well my bleed started this morning. Yuck. But glad it's all kicking off now.

I read that it's normally 3-4 days after taking your last pill. Did you stop at the end of the packet? I'm not sure why mine happened the next day. It was very quick!

Yes I went right to the end of the packet. Last one was Thursday.

How's it going choc? Are you going to temp or anything for ttc+

Hi Ladies! Can I join you? Also waiting till Dec to TTC. I haven't been on the pill in 7 years, just condoms and "natural" methods have worked for us. But getting antsy for December to arrive! I've started doing OPKs and taking prenatals this month to figure out my cycle.

Hi Ladies! Can I join you? Also waiting till Dec to TTC. I haven't been on the pill in 7 years, just condoms and "natural" methods have worked for us. But getting antsy for December to arrive! I've started doing OPKs and taking prenatals this month to figure out my cycle.

Hi Rafferty :flower: Of course.
You're lucky. I wish I'd never gone on the pill.

How's it going choc? Are you going to temp or anything for ttc+

Hiya, still on withdrawal bleed here. Not going to temp but will do opks Oct and Nov so that I have an idea of when I'll be ovulating.
How are you?

Can I ask what you mean by natural? DH isn't too keen on condoms (what man is), so was wondering. If you mean charting, I'm doing this as well.

I also just finished my BCP on Saturday. So you all made me realize I may be doing a withdrawal bleed and not a period. So far it's heavy spotting, but that's how my periods started in the past so who knows. This whole waiting thing is obnoxious!

Hi rafferty and mrshudson!

I've been off the pill for almost a month now and i'm so nervous about getting normal cycles... I've been on the pill for 10 years and most of the time never had periods ( something about the uterus lining being too thinned, doctor said not to worry about it meh...).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->