Trimester 9 & 3/4: For All of Us "In Between" Ladies

aww..me too..officially 26 weeks now...yay!!! my 3D/4Dscan and last 4 week appt is in 2 weeks and 1 day I think ( see ticker below ) sooo exciting...and my first shower is in 5 days now!

I feel great..cept for backaches if I do too much..which annoyingly is not as much as I usually do of course so a lot of times its a struggle to get through making dinner or to get through our shopping trips without hurting somewhere..

We had friends over Saturday for a BBQ that went great..Friday night we watched this movie Insidious..which scared me so bad I was afraid to get out of bed to pee that night lol...I already have a paranoia of baby monitors and picking up stuff OTHER than baby on them and it definitely didnt help lol...the whole storyline was kind of weird but the actual scary stuff definitely scared me lol..

Im working on an online scrapbook webpage for Brieanan...Im doing a real scrapbook of course too but I want one to be able to show all the ladies on here and all our family that doesnt live by us..which is pretty much everyone lol..and Im super OCD so it gives me something to do...there is a great site called www.cropmom.com you make online scrapbook pages with all these pre-made layouts or you can make your own..and then you can download it for free..which is what Im doing for my website..or you can pay for good quality print outs which is like..$1.99 a page...if you arent into the messiness of real scrapbooking..its a great site either way...Im gonna work on my page some more today and then will post a link here so you ladies can take a look...

anyone have anything interesting going on this week?

Hi Ladies :hi:

Im also in that "in-between" stage.
I finished work on Friday, and dont go back til 1st June 2012.
Have been putting off nursery-related stuff while I was still working full-time. But now I have plenty of time to start getting stuff done.
Looking forward to exchanging stories/tips with you all
xx

Hi Shelleney..is that a normal preggie leave for over there? seems like a looonnnggg time but I bet you are looking forward to it!! lol..

No Mrs, its not normal for over here. lol.
I work in a special needs school, and the Summer holidays just started on Friday, so I have 7 weeks off work anyway. Then I start my Mat Leave on 1st September when all my colleagues go back after the summer break. By then I will be 32 weeks, which is still kinda early, but seeing as its a special school, it would be quite dangerous for me to work any later than that.

I am looking forward to having the next 15 weeks at home, getting everything ready for when my little girl arrives. Also have a 4d scan booked for 3 weeks time.
How are you today?
xx

Im good..eating my cereal..trying to find something on tv..and hoping it doesnt get tooo hot outside today..lol...cant wait for fall.... whats the temp like there?

Today, the temperature is only about 15 degrees celsius.
With strong winds, and very heavy rain.
Not like mid-July weather at all. Oh well.
Whats the weather like where you are?

Hi Ladies :hi:

Im also in that "in-between" stage.
I finished work on Friday, and dont go back til 1st June 2012.
Have been putting off nursery-related stuff while I was still working full-time. But now I have plenty of time to start getting stuff done.
Looking forward to exchanging stories/tips with you all
xx

I also decided not to go back to work after the summer break, I teach Kindergarteners and again due to the country we live in, they are way too wild for me to handle in the beginning when I have a massive bump! another girl who is just as much pregnant as i am will go back to work but they will most likely place her with older kids, she is an assistant so it wont be a big problem but in my case (im the teacher) it wouldnt work so im just gonna kick back and relax :)

right now its 75F.. which is about 23C for you... and partly cloudy...its supposed to get up to 90F or 32C though..blah! with the humidity at like..87%!! so definitely not a day to be outside...I am sooo ready for the fall..I LOVE when its like in the 50s and 60s and crisp out..just enough for a light jacket..

I also decided not to go back to work after the summer break, I teach Kindergarteners and again due to the country we live in, they are way too wild for me to handle in the beginning when I have a massive bump! another girl who is just as much pregnant as i am will go back to work but they will most likely place her with older kids, she is an assistant so it wont be a big problem but in my case (im the teacher) it wouldnt work so im just gonna kick back and relax :)

How long have you been there..and why are they so wild..is it the parenting style in the country or what?

I envy the temperatures you girls are dealing with, here we have had highs of anywhere between 47 and 50 degrees Celsius, so im pretty much indoors all day, if i have to go out i try to get it done as early in the morning as i can!:nope:

I envy the temperatures you girls are dealing with, here we have had highs of anywhere between 47 and 50 degrees Celsius, so im pretty much indoors all day, if i have to go out i try to get it done as early in the morning as i can!:nope:

uggh...oh hun that sounds horrible..but is it a dry heat or is it humid?..I think the humidity makes it soo much worse here... my cousin is in New Mexico and it gets over 100 there but its a dry heat she says so its not as bad as it feels here being humid and the same or even lower temp..

right now its 75F.. which is about 23C for you... and partly cloudy...its supposed to get up to 90F or 32C though..blah! with the humidity at like..87%!! so definitely not a day to be outside...I am sooo ready for the fall..I LOVE when its like in the 50s and 60s and crisp out..just enough for a light jacket..

we have been here 5 years due to my husbands job!
the mentality of most arabic families is to just let the children do whatever they want, they rule the house and have no boundaries whatsoever! It also doesnt help that the parents are really not involved with the children anyways, they usually have 2 maids/nannies per family and they are not allowed to discipline the children! its a weird place but an adventure! I actually took my son out of school now and will home school him from now on, he was getting treated very badly by peers and even teacher, his grades dropped drastically so im hoping he will get back on track now i will have him repeat year 5 because the school held him back so much because they just focused on the local children and their lack of english...(this was an English private school but nowhere up to standard :( )

uggh...oh hun that sounds horrible..but is it a dry heat or is it humid?..I think the humidity makes it soo much worse here... my cousin is in New Mexico and it gets over 100 there but its a dry heat she says so its not as bad as it feels here being humid and the same or even lower temp..

We have weeks where the temps are not so bad but humidity can get up to 95% and then you have the weeks and weeks of just dry heat!

uggh..that sounds horrible about the kids..course I know tons of parents here that do the same thing lol lol..I dont agree in going military crazy with kids and not allowing them any fun or any "kid" time but the exact opposite is just as bad..

side note..sitting here and my stomach is moving all over the place lol..shes having a hard time getting comfy or something lol..it feels soo weird still...sometimes it actually tickles from the inside lol..weird..

I hate humidity..I wish there was somewhere to move where its always in the 50s-70sF...but with like..one month of cold weather...and then one month of hot weather.. that would be great lol ...

Im originally from germany and miss the weather there so much, dont know if we will ever move back there or to the states where my DH is from but i definitely dont want weather like this ever again,lol! We do get a couple of months a year when temperatures will get better but the next thing on the agenda is ramadan witch will start the beginning of aug. so even for us christians it means no eating and drinking outdoors for a whole month, ugh! not even a drop of water...

Wow, both of your different weather types sounds so interesting. Im not sure if I would prefer dry heat, or humidity? We dont get either here...just cold temps, wind and rain!lol.

and i completely understand you not going back to work after the holidays, mama t. enjoy your time off!

your little girl sounds like mine at the moment, Mrs Jerome! she is very wriggly, and pushing on my bladder, making me need to pee!

Why do you have to go through with ramadan too? just because they wont have anything open or what?

This is a nice thread, so calm and friendly! lol.
It's pretty hot here too in the 30"s lately. Too hot for me, my feet feel like they're swelling instantly! lol. Thank god for AC. Mama_T I don't know how you survive in that heat! Crazy!!
We haven't started the nursery yet either. Well my mom and I cleared it out. Hoping the DH will fix whatever he wants to fix in that room and get the walls painted in the next month or so. Then we need to get my son a new dresser and take his dresser/change table and set it up in the babies room. He's still using his crib right now. I'm in no rush to switch him out yet either. The new baby will be in a bassinett for a few months anyway.
We're painting the nursery purple. Even though we're on team yellow, I really want a purple nursery! I figure I can boy it up a bit if it is a boy. I just love purple. And tbh I don't think a baby would care. My son wouldn't care and he's 2.

Why do you have to go through with ramadan too? just because they wont have anything open or what?

Or is it because people would be upset with you if you weren't participating?
No water outside? That's crazy with those temperatures! I don't think I'd go outside for the whole month!

Hi Sherileigh

My feet swelling is one thing that I havent had yet..amazingly lol lol..but Im sure once I get further along..its soo weird..to think about October it seems soo far away..but thinking about it as 98 days left it seems like soo close...

I think purple is fine..either way...do you have a feeling about boy or girl though? I just knew girl with her the whole time...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->