Triplet ladies, where are you?

Not quite the same scenario for me as I didn't have bulging membranes but I did have Incompetent Cervix (shortening and funneling to an unsafe point) and have been contracting (sometimes heavily every 2-4 minutes) since 23 weeks where I also had an emergency cerclage. Due to the unstoppable contractions I've been in the hospital on strict bedrest since 23 and 2 (somehow we are at 29 and 5).

There are a lot of times where I thought the girls were coming for sure and even the drs and nurses are shocked we have made it this far. I don't think we can hold out more than a week or two as the contractions are slowly overriding the medications but I'm so thankful for each day.

Aim for 24. Then 28. 29. 30. 32. Take it as easy as you can and don't slack on your water and vitamin intake!!! Bedrest sucks but keep your end goal as a priority. Make a schedule for yourself and keep your hands busy if you can (I do cross stitch). As far as twinges when you turn, I get sometimes excruciating pain from my round ligaments when I switch sides. I also frequently get the ever loving kicked out of my cervix and cerclage by baby A who is on bottom.

I actually saw some of your posts over on the gestational complications page. Thanks for the advice! I know these babies will be so worth it! Im just trying to take one day at a time! You inspire me! I hope I can make it as far as you!

Kros - I'm so sorry you're having such complications. :hugs: But it's a really good thing that the Dr's noticed the problem when the did. And I'm definitely happy for you that you didn't lose any of the babies. :thumbup: That's fantastic news. I hope the next couple weeks go smoothly for you. Like WTB, I have some serious round ligament pain sometimes when I roll to a different side. In particular, if I'm on my right side, I have some awful pains on my left. My Dr's have reassured me though that it's round ligament pain. I have this problem sometimes when I'm walking for too long, or my pants aren't as supportive as they should be too. :winkwink: And just think, you only have 2 more weeks to go until the babies are viable! Good luck with everything & keep us posted!!

WTB - You are definitely amazing, btw, dealing with bed rest for as long as you have, and as well as you have. :winkwink: And you've made it so far now! I hope your meds can stave off the contractions for a bit longer yet!

So I just wanted to post a quick update. I just got back from another Dr's appointment today. I was there to have the amniotic levels checked of the babies, and to have a transvaginal scan of cervix done. The fluid levels look great on the girls, and my cervix isn't awful, but it HAS shortened since my last scan. It's still definitely closed, but since it's shortening, the Dr basically wants me on modified bed rest, and of course no sex. LOL He still kept saying though that they're all really amazed at how well I'm doing. He commented a couple times on how big the babies actually are, and pointed out how unusual it is for me to be having so few problems.

So on the plus side, while I am definitely not pleased with being put on modified bed rest, and I was definitely not pleased that my mother was planning on coming to stay with me this week until the babies are born, now it looks like her coming up is a blessing in disguise.

You ladies are really doing great!!!! Being a mother of twins gives me the utmost respect for what you are each going through with your trip pregnancies!! Such lucky little babies to have such super mommies. :thumbup: :hugs:

good luck to all you triplet mummies, hope all your little ones stay put until its safer for them to come out and when they do arrive i wish them all the strength in the owrld to survive an obstacles they may face.
truely an inspiration :flow:

Almost had the girls last night but luckily everything settled at about 4 am. It's all calm now (knock on wood) but I can't help feeling I'm in the eye of the storm. :rofl:

I'm just waiting for the other half of the tornado to hit!! If my body cooperates we could still have days and days left! Of course my primary high risk dr is on call this weekend so it would be convenient if "it" hits the fan.

Wow WTB that must've been a scare! You are doing wonderfully and are an inspiration to me! That is awesome you are going on 31 weeks! That's fabulous! You and your triplets are in my prayers. Keep it up girl! :hugs:

You triplet mummies are doing so well, wishing you all the best with your pregnancies. I'm going to say to you what singleton mums say to twin mums... I don't know how you do it! Am full of admiration for you all! Xx

Just wanted to wish all you lovely triplet ladies good luck for the rest of your pregnancies, cant imagine how hard it is carrying three, you are doing a great job. Please continue to update us with how you are getting on. xx

We got more bad news at our 23 week appt. Baby A (our girl) had no scanable fluid. They would think they found a pocket but then it would end up being the cord. Her heart beat was still very strong and otherwise we thought she looked good. The 2 boys had plenty of fluid and looked fine. Her fluid has always been the lowest. Dr said either my water broke on baby A, was leaking, there is an infection after rescue cerclage or there is something wrong with the baby and she is not producing fluid. To say we were devastated again was an understatement. My peri started me on 2 types of antibiotics just in case. She stated they would not do anything else for me until I was 24 weeks this wednesday. She states that we might lose the girl but the goal would be to try and keep me pregnant a while longer to try and deliver the boys. We will go on wed and they will check fluid levels and admit to the children's hospital. I will get first round of steroid shots and go from there. I hope all 3 end up making it but at this point we are preparing for the worst. The chance of triplets surviving at 24 weeks is very slim. I hope these babies can hold it out a little while longer! I already love them so much!!!

Praying for you and your LOs. 24 weeks is indeed very early and it puts you into such a rough spot. Are they giving you the option of carrying the boys beyond 24 if it is not an infection? So hard to decide if you try to take them all early with low odds for all, or possibly lose your girl and have better odds for the boys. FX, hon. :hugs:

Praying for you and your LOs. 24 weeks is indeed very early and it puts you into such a rough spot. Are they giving you the option of carrying the boys beyond 24 if it is not an infection? So hard to decide if you try to take them all early with low odds for all, or possibly lose your girl and have better odds for the boys. FX, hon. :hugs:

They said they would let me keep going as long as I could even if 1 doesnt make it. We havent made any decisions yet. we are going to wait and see what they say on wed. Im not showing any signs of infection so I hope thats not what it is because then the other 2 are at risk. Its just a waiting game at this point!

Just a heads up, I'm in the hospital on bedrest and spoke with my nurse and dr. They said as long as not infected there is still a chance you could carry ALL THREE to 30 ish weeks even with low fluid. Some is just a matter of if you are able to replace any fluids there (just natural production, not any kind of procedure). I'm sure you are but strict bedrest and tons of fluids and vitamins.

They also said the same thing that if they are in separate sacks and you aren't infected you could easily go on to carry the other two to a much lower risk point.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Just a heads up, I'm in the hospital on bedrest and spoke with my nurse and dr. They said as long as not infected there is still a chance you could carry ALL THREE to 30 ish weeks even with low fluid. Some is just a matter of if you are able to replace any fluids there (just natural production, not any kind of procedure). I'm sure you are but strict bedrest and tons of fluids and vitamins.

They also said the same thing that if they are in separate sacks and you aren't infected you could easily go on to carry the other two to a much lower risk point.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

I really appreciate you getting this information for me! Im on strict bed rest at home and drinking at least a gallon of water a day. Ill switch to hospital bed rest on wednesday. Im so nervous but I want to keep these babies cooking!

Understandably so!! Bedrest is no big deal as long as you can get yourself into the correct mindset. Mine has been: "whatever it takes."

If you have a laptop and your hospital has wifi you might think about watching Netflix (yay hospital cable with maybe 15 channels, several news, some in Spanish). Bring things to keep your hands busy (I did birth registers cross stitch, puzzle books, etc.). You might also bring some undies, pj pants, and comfy tops (depending on how it is going they may have you in a gown or normal clothes). I also brought a bath mat for the shower area and a couple of soft towels and blankets (I love fuzzy blankets).
Also brought a stuffed animal to cuddle with; it is silly but it is all about comfort really.

https://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a154/singingDINGUS/Wedding/triplets/C3C8FB79-A796-497B-8A65-E590A534221E-14390-00000CBC0AC7D3DB_zpscc48d9e4.jpg
https://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a154/singingDINGUS/Wedding/triplets/1DC064B5-483B-4FBA-B154-7238200A9CA7-14390-00000CBC12EE5BEF_zpsabdef52c.jpg
https://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a154/singingDINGUS/Wedding/triplets/98BF5D40-19D9-4E5B-96EB-72EEFD5E70C2-14390-00000CBC18780529_zps9753e6ed.jpg

Those are roughly two months of occupying myself. :haha:

Those are great WTB. I especially love the one with the animals around the fence. So cute. It's nice you're able to catch up on some things like this since things are bound to be a bit busy soon enough.

I echo the recommendation for Netflix! And I wish I'd thought to take fuzzy towels for the bathroom! I was only there for 15 days, but that was 14 days too many with scratchy bleached towels. :)

Just reading this now - wishing you ladies all the best of luck and may your bed rest go quickly and may the babies be healthy!

Well things finally got better. I got admitted at wk 24. They did the amnisure (spelling?) it said I was negative for rupture. They didn't see any signs of infection. They decided to try taking me off the indocin to see if it helped. After the first day baby a's fluid was almost 1cm. 3 days later it was up to 3cm and has remained stable. All the babies are still looking good so they allowed me to come home. I got the steroid shots the night I was admitted and then 24 hrs later. They said I would get one more booster shot this week or next. I feel so close to 28 weeks! I hope I can get there and beyond!!! Hope everyone else is doing well!! I'm so sore from lying in bed!

Kros I'm so glad to hear everythings looking a bit better! I don't really post that much bit I read triplet blogs constantly! Im now 22 weeks with triplet boys an had our appointment today my consultant said there doing really good an was actually surprised I'm still working full time an getting on with it, I must admit I do worry constantly it's definately not like carrying one baby but all three weigh in at 1pound and I'm starting to get very excited!

You are doing amazing all you ladies are I've tried to keep myself in the mind frame of " I'm walking into that theatre an I will not need bedrest" hopefully positivity will get me where I need to be, the midwife reckons because of my size ( I'm5.6" but was uk size 6 before I was pregnant) that I'll get to between 29 an 33 weeks I'm hoping the latter but we will have to see!

Keep posting ladies without these support groups I'm sure I would have gone crazy but just seeing how well things are/ will be with everyone else it's amazing to think yes actually I can do this too!

Big hugs to everyone I really can't wait to be mummy an not just to my cats lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->