Trying To Conceive 2012-2013 Babies Club!

:wave: and welcome to Lilmama!!

Hope everyone had a lovely christmas, ours was lovely but looking forward to putting the tree away now and the start of 2012 :)

Hi all!!
Sharnw - what time of day do you usually temp?

Has anyone had an HSG scan before? Just want to know if I need to take the whole day off work or just go to work about an hour later? (I usually start work just before 9am and scan is booked for 9am)

Haven't had one but due a hycosy so Been reading up about them and read plenty of people say that have gone into work afterwards. When do you have it booked for? Hope it goes well x

My appointment is next week Friday,6th January 2012.
Hycosy and HSG scans are a little different - from what I have read.
The HSG scans are in the x-ray depart. They might need to dilate my cervix to get a catherta into my uterus to insert dye to check if my tubes are clear and unscarred.
Unfortunately its not the usual straight forward scan so fortunately I wont need to drink a ton of water before hand!! Empty bladder but open wide!! haha!!!

ladies can you look at my chart its confusing me and is not going along with my opks did i ov or am i about to by today/tomorrow?!

I am really not sure with your stats there hun.
If going by temps you could have OVed already with a temp dip. My temps always do that.
but then again you might not have OV and are about to?
I dont know

I would wait a day or 2 and see what your temps do then.

GL, FXed and tons of :dust:!!

hey, could I join you? We are going to be ttc from April but will be ntnp from February. We have a little girl, Isla who is 15 weeks and cant wait to give her a lil brother or sister :) xxx

Well of course you can join us!! the more the merrier!!!
Lets hope we get our 2012 BFP's!!!

:wave: and welcome to Lilmama!!

Hope everyone had a lovely christmas, ours was lovely but looking forward to putting the tree away now and the start of 2012 :)

Hi all!!
Sharnw - what time of day do you usually temp?

Has anyone had an HSG scan before? Just want to know if I need to take the whole day off work or just go to work about an hour later? (I usually start work just before 9am and scan is booked for 9am)

Haven't had one but due a hycosy so Been reading up about them and read plenty of people say that have gone into work afterwards. When do you have it booked for? Hope it goes well x

My appointment is next week Friday,6th January 2012.
Hycosy and HSG scans are a little different - from what I have read.
The HSG scans are in the x-ray depart. They might need to dilate my cervix to get a catherta into my uterus to insert dye to check if my tubes are clear and unscarred.
Unfortunately its not the usual straight forward scan so fortunately I wont need to drink a ton of water before hand!! Empty bladder but open wide!! haha!!!

Yep they are slightly different in that a HSG uses X-ray and dye and Hycosy uses ultrasound and saline but they test for the same thing.
No one mentioned anything to me about dilating my cervix :shock:

I had the HSG about two weeks ago. My appointment was at 9:30 -- I went in at 9:00 to fill out paper work at the hospital, and I was out by 10:00. The scan itself took about five minutes -- definitely uncomfortable, but at least it was over very fast. I went to work immediately after. I will say though that my HSG showed no blockages. If you do have a blockage, it might take a little longer because sometimes they'll try to inject more dye to clear the tube(s) (and doing so might make it uncomfortable enough that you won't want to go to work immediately after -- I'm not sure).

Welcome Pinky. I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

Welcome to all the others new people! :wave:

Hi ladies,

So after tonight I suspect I cannot do any more than wait! Last time hubby and I were TTC we were incredibly lucky as I was previously on cerezette and managed to get :bfp: in first month. Now having been diagnosed bi polar and being on seroquel we are tentatively TTC no2.

The TTW starts tomorrow and I suspect it will be a long time. I am not expecting again to be so lucky as to fal in month 1 again but the hopes and expectations are raised. I am older now which according to the MIL means I am at a disadvnatage!!! Not that she knows we are TTC she just decided its time she had another grandchild! I am 30 in March so surely things cant be that bad!!!:wacko:

hi ladies. freaking out b.c no idea if I OV already or if it is just about to happen, feel like i already did and my pos opk came during or right after instead of warning me before. anywho, no bdncing last night and have to work til 11pm tonight, so sad we may miss our last day to make sure we dont miss the eggy in case I didn't ov yet! DH has to pick me up from work since my car is in the shop, so think we will have some bdncing ASAP in the car before we get home!!! =) Hope everyone else is doing well!

Yea, make sure you read up on it a little. What you'll read will probably scare you (it scared me) but at least you can prepare yourself for the worst!

I had a colposcopy (cervical biopsy) done a few years back for an abnormal PAP. They told me to take 800mg of ibuprofen before hand, and it was still very painful! I went into the HSG knowing that anything having to do with my cervix was not going to be a walk in the park and I was really worried about it. This doctor still recommended the 800 mg of ibuprofen taken 1 hour before the procedure, but I called back and told the nurse about my concerns for the pain. She advised me to take 800 mg of ibuprofen the night before the procedure, and then to take 800 mg of ibuprofen AND 1000 mg of tylenol (two extra strength tablets) an hour before.

The HSG was still uncomfortable (and yes, it definitely hurt), but it was no where near as bad as I'd feared it would be (the colposcopy is still worst) and I thinks that because I followed the advice above. Good luck with your procedure and keep us posted! :hugs:

HI ladies new to this thread. On the 24th i got a +opk and then also got one this morning. My temp was 96.99 yesterday and 97.62 today? Did I already ovulate???:shrug:

So I went to my doctor's appointment yesterday. He said we are going to stay at 100 mg Clomid for the foreseeable future. He even ordered an ultrasound be done to ensure the meds aren't over stimulating my ovaries...that came back good. He took me off the Provera to see if my body is regulated on its own now. We shall see. I should ovulate within the next couple of days so to my DH...get prepared!! :sex: :haha:

hi ladies. freaking out b.c no idea if I OV already or if it is just about to happen, feel like i already did and my pos opk came during or right after instead of warning me before. anywho, no bdncing last night and have to work til 11pm tonight, so sad we may miss our last day to make sure we dont miss the eggy in case I didn't ov yet! DH has to pick me up from work since my car is in the shop, so think we will have some bdncing ASAP in the car before we get home!!! =) Hope everyone else is doing well!

Gud luk girl!!! Jus stay calm n it will all wrk out in your favor even if you hav to go for it in the car :)

Hi my name is Cheyanna 21 and my husband is 21 and we have been trying for over 2 years now. i'm currently on cycle day 5 and im hoping this is the month for me. i have a 4 year old son who i love very much and he really wants mommy to have a baby. i have had two miscarriages one was February 2nd 2011 and the second was may 21st 2011. i am currently taking prenatal vitamins and taking my temperature every morning so i hope this works[/FONT]...:happydance:

gud luck

Yea, make sure you read up on it a little. What you'll read will probably scare you (it scared me) but at least you can prepare yourself for the worst!

I had a colposcopy (cervical biopsy) done a few years back for an abnormal PAP. They told me to take 800mg of ibuprofen before hand, and it was still very painful! I went into the HSG knowing that anything having to do with my cervix was not going to be a walk in the park and I was really worried about it. This doctor still recommended the 800 mg of ibuprofen taken 1 hour before the procedure, but I called back and told the nurse about my concerns for the pain. She advised me to take 800 mg of ibuprofen the night before the procedure, and then to take 800 mg of ibuprofen AND 1000 mg of tylenol (two extra strength tablets) an hour before.

The HSG was still uncomfortable (and yes, it definitely hurt), but it was no where near as bad as I'd feared it would be (the colposcopy is still worst) and I thinks that because I followed the advice above. Good luck with your procedure and keep us posted! :hugs:

The leaflet I was given said it may be 'uncomfortable' but not painful :wacko: was given 2 lots of antibiotics and a Painkiller which is a suppository, really not keen on the idea of that one though and wondered if I may be ok with regular painkillers and paracetamol.

HI ladies new to this thread. On the 24th i got a +opk and then also got one this morning. My temp was 96.99 yesterday and 97.62 today? Did I already ovulate???:shrug:

Going by that temp rise it's likely you ovulated yesterday but you need 3 higher temps to confirm it, so to be sure see what they are like for the next 2 days.

I don't think you may have ovulated yet, it doesn't seem like it from your temps but I see the circles on temps aren't filled in, are you temping at the same time each day?

no i am not have no been able to and hate getting up early if i dont have to-not a morning person at all!

The leaflet I was given said it may be 'uncomfortable' but not painful :wacko: was given 2 lots of antibiotics and a Painkiller which is a suppository, really not keen on the idea of that one though and wondered if I may be ok with regular painkillers and paracetamol.

Going by that temp rise it's likely you ovulated yesterday but you need 3 higher temps to confirm it, so to be sure see what they are like for the next 2 days.

I don't think you may have ovulated yet, it doesn't seem like it from your temps but I see the circles on temps aren't filled in, are you temping at the same time each day?

What does it mean when the circles on your chart arent filled in?

Hi girls,

Mind if I join? I am 23, my husband is 29. We've been together for 6 years and married in November 2011. I came off the pill on the 11th of December 2011 after taking it for 8 years. We have read all the info (and my oh my is there a lot of it - who knew?! :shrug:) and we are hoping to have a 2012 baby. I understand that 2012 could be optimistic but we are going to give it our very best.

P.S Please don't let this post disrupt the above conversation. Carry on :flower:

:wave: and welcome msloumaria!!!
FXed and :dust: you get your 2012 bfp!!!

pinky-it means they are not really true/confirmed temps for odd reasons. I have been sick with a cold this whole cycle, and drank once, which made my temp rise very high one day and i guess all my colds discounted my temps...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->