Trying to lose weight to help us conceive - 2013

Cookie1979

Reaction score
Hey Girls! Thought I'd start a thread here for us to chat on. xx

I'll join you :)

I've been trying and failing to diet for ages. I'm a student midwife and i'm on placement at the moment, and I've been struggling to keep a handle on my eating while doing 13 hour shifts! I'll go hours without eating and then I'll get a short break and shovel as much food in as I can in case I don't get another chance! Lol.

I've been off today though and I've actually been good for the first day in ages. I haven't weighed myself... I'm a bit too scared to :(

Hi PD. My Mum is a nurse and works long shifts too and struggles for the same reason, you don't know when you are going to get a chance to have a drink let alone food do you?

Oh PD the long shifts must be hard! Have you had many births yet? when I was in labour with my son I went through 3 sets of midwives, the poor student midwife who was with me all through the day finished her shift before I gave birth so she didn't get my birth (I know you have to help deliver a certain amount of babies).

Hey ladies, how are we all doing today? I think I'm a secret eater, infact I know I am. As soon as my hubby went to bed last night I sneaked into the kitchen and ate 2 little chocolate bars...I wasn't even hungry!!! Roll on Monday, I really need to start this diet. Just hope my products arrive soon. xx

I'm here i dont feel bad about the chinese anymore i think i burnt enough of the calories off afterwards lol i hope everyones still on track i had a late night last night i hope it doesnt make me more hungry today.

Hey my mam said i'm a secret.eater she found loads of wrappers in my room once i was so embarrassed, infact i always have been even from being little i was always sneaking into the buscuit tin, i still do it time to time aswell but not so much now i am dieting, i never really thought about it until she told me i was one then i realised i actually am, weird i hope i can break that habbit, i have even had the nerve to tell people its not like i eat loads how am i fat, i must have totally disregarded the fact i hide the fact i have eaten something, and if i wana binge eat i can put some away, sickening when i think about it really x

I am quite ready to see the doctor next week so she will tell me I can exercise! Granted, my exercise is just going to be walking I'm fairly sure (hubby can go and so can the dog), but it's better than nothing. It's just what I prefer to do. I haven't been doing anything she hasn't told me I can because I want to get all healed up properly so I can give the next baby the best environment in there possible. Crazy, right?

I hide wrappers aswell, I think I've done it for a long time...perhaps deep down we think if we hide it then it never really happened, we can pretend there isn't a problem.

I know I can be strict, I know I can eat well and I know I can lose weight but so often I will just fall off the wagon and completely binge...its not good and I dont know why i do it.

Yeah maybe thats it, i am not exactly a clean eater when it comes to dieting if i can fit chocolate into my calorie range i will, i have a bbq this weekend so i am eating 100calories less today and 200 less tomorrow going to try and get to the gym tomorrow to burn extra so i can have a relaxed weekend, my fiance has a rather high sex drive so this helps with burning extra calories lol hopefully i will be ok over the weekend and have lost by monday i have lost today even though i had some chinese last night.

Oh PD the long shifts must be hard! Have you had many births yet? when I was in labour with my son I went through 3 sets of midwives, the poor student midwife who was with me all through the day finished her shift before I gave birth so she didn't get my birth (I know you have to help deliver a certain amount of babies).

Yes, we have to deliver 40 babies over the three years, and we have to witness 5 normal births before we can start delivering. I'm at the end of my first year. Took me ages to get my 5 witnesses because I was on the high risk unit and saw very little normality :( but now I've delivered 5 babies :) it's nice, but much harder work than I expected!

I'm working night shifts tonight and tomorrow, which really mess with my sleep and diet :( I need to do something about my weight though! I've got a dr appointment on 31st July to discuss TTC. Normally, I'd wait until we've been trying for a year, but I'm worried about my prolactin levels (I'm lactating, which is obviously not normal for someone who isn't pregnant and never has been). I'm sure the dr will mention my weight and I really want to be able to say I'm doing something about it!

If I'm just counting calories, I will make room for junk, but since I'm watching carbs and calories, I can't really do that so much. If we are doing something special, I will try not to worry about it. Like last weekend we went camping.. I had a few potato chips, a s'more, half a baked potato, and half a soda... This weekend we have a birthday party/cookout.. so I just try to eat what I would normally eat otherwise like types of things, indulge a little, and try not to stress too much. I'm sure I'll have cake this weekend BUT I'm only going to have a small piece -- a few bites worth just for the frosting, and I'm good. I don't really like cake all that well anyway. We can't be perfect all of the time, just do the best we can! And I kinda feel like if I have a "day off", it is a little easier to stick to it, too.

On another note, today is the day that over 30 pounds are off! Only 8 pounds left until I'm back to my pre-pregnancy weight!! Now I do have to say that things aren't quite the same as they were before I got pregnant, even with the same numbers, but I'm not complaining. I wouldn't trade the experience for anything in the world.

I love this thread and you girlies already!

Congrats firsttimemama!!!

I feel like I am addicted to bad food! Like especially fast food like burger drive thrus. I totally do not tell people how often I eat out instead of cook! For me it feels like it has to be all or nothing because if I eat a little bad stuff then I want lots of bad stuff! I haven't fully started back on the 4 hr body actually but I plan to this weekend.

@Cookie, I always think the same thing! Like why do I not just stick to it! Sometimes I worry I don't want it as much as I say I do, know what I mean?

Yes I understand what you mean jess, you think if I want this then why can't I stick with it. Sometimes I think I'm my own worst enemy, I can be so good but eventually will ruin it and go on a binge.

Well my products arrived today, I have a mixture of shakes, soups and meals - all of which are sachets you add water to and also bars, I will have 4 products a day plus 200g of vegetables (from a list) and 2-3 litres of water. I'm starting Monday, going to be hard but it will be worth it.

Hello ladies, I hope its ok to join in? I have just joined slimming world but have still been struggling, it would be great to have other people to chat about it with :)

Thank you! :)

Cookie, your diet sounds to me to be similar to like.. Nutrisystem here in the states maybe? My MIL tried it for awhile. I hope it's tasty! :)

Jess, I try to avoid eating out because I can't control what I'm eating as much as I can if I eat at home. I also can't measure it. It's just easier for me if we don't eat out, but my hubby likes to sometimes.. so I try to go for the salads and such if at all possible! Or like last night, we went to a buffet.. ugh! I went with the lean meat, veggies, and fruit. At least I had some options and control in the matter.

Today I bought low carb ice cream so I can have a yummy treat sometimes, especially with it being 90+ degrees outside. :) Breyer's is pretty good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->