TTC#1 and i need a weight loss buddy

vickytoria88

Reaction score
Hi all,

So i got a BFN yesterday and it hit me really hard. I've got it into my head that its all because im over weight, 13 1/2 stone @5 ft6. So tomorrow im off to buy a new pair of trainers and some jogging bottoms and im going to try and get fitter and hope that that helps with TTC.

I really lack motivation and am looking for a TTC #1 weight loss buddy. Would anyone like to join me and keep me on track and i will try to give support and advice in return.:friends:

Whether or not a BFN is due to weight, it's still a good idea to lose some and make yourself as healthy as you can to take care of your LO once he or she decides to make an appearance. I'm in the same boat as you... very little motivation... us slackers have to stick together! :p Let's do it!

I will be your buddy! I need to lose some weight and get healthier for my future bean!

Me too! I've put on 15kg since moving to Australia 3 years ago. Having pcos makes it extra important for me to lose weight. I'm aiming to lose 10kg. If only someone could stop me craving chocolate...

Im 5ft 6 too and weight 15st 3lbs. I have been looking at BMI and my ideal weight is 12st 3lbs! So im losing weight (having a great weekend of not wanting to eat do to Flu!) I joined the council gym 3 months ago (i refuse to pay £50 a month when council is doing theirs for £20!)

I'll join too ladies! TTC since Jan and need to lose 25 lbs or so. Been eating more reasonably and running lately, not seen much movement on the scale but my clothes are fitting a little better!

Get a measuring tape! You lose inches quicker than pounds and you are also building muscle which weigh more than fat :flower:

Me too im in got my self a exercise bike the other week but its broke so my motivation has gone sent it back but carnt get a new 1 for bout 2 weeks. Im 5ft 2 and about 12 stone so realy need to lose some lard haha also gonna join slimming world soon herd its good

hey Ladies. Im so glad some of you wish to join me on this journey. Im a member of curves fitness but don't get the time to go due to the shift patterns i work so when my contract is up i won't be renewing it. However today i've been and brought a new pair of trainers and a runners water bottle, running is free so this is what i am going to do.

My DH and i also have a dog so he will be my running partner, DH has also said he will come runing with me too.

How do we want to do this ladies do we want to set targets on goals or are we just going to go with the flow. Feel free to inbox me if you wish to. I really want to make an effort with this. I hope to loose at least 1 stone by Christmas and am now going to hope for a BFB after the new year, i need to get healthier first.

Well my target is to get my weight to my BMI target so.... lose 3 stone by January 20th. On Jan 20th there is a big 40th anniversary party at work so wanna look half decent! Plus im going on a what if situation and need Dr

Hey!

Can I join in? I gave up a very physical job about four months ago and the weight has just piled on me :( Ideally I'd like to get down to about 12 stone (I'm 5'6") I'm not sure what my weight is exactly now but I know I'm now at a UK size 14/16 and only four months ago I was a 10/12 :(

I need to sort out my gym membership and get some early morning swims in again (I used to be down the pool at 6am, an hour swimming, then at work for 8am) It wasn't just good for keeping my weight down but it also kick started my day really well!

I think I'll work with setting goals for myself - I love the idea of losing a stone by Christmas, I think I'll borrow that :haha: - I also have my wedding day in just over four weeks so maybe I'll aim for half a stone by then?

Hey!

Can I join in? I gave up a very physical job about four months ago and the weight has just piled on me :( Ideally I'd like to get down to about 12 stone (I'm 5'6") I'm not sure what my weight is exactly now but I know I'm now at a UK size 14/16 and only four months ago I was a 10/12 :(

I need to sort out my gym membership and get some early morning swims in again (I used to be down the pool at 6am, an hour swimming, then at work for 8am) It wasn't just good for keeping my weight down but it also kick started my day really well!

I think I'll work with setting goals for myself - I love the idea of losing a stone by Christmas, I think I'll borrow that :haha: - I also have my wedding day in just over four weeks so maybe I'll aim for half a stone by then?

OOOOOOooooo your getting married, congratulations. I got married in April. One bit of advice, at some point in the day take a some time out for your self , maybe just take a drink and go and sit somewhere away from everyone for 5 mins or so. The day is so over whelming but it will be the best day of your life.

I would like to shed a stone by Christmas but im not good when i set goals, im the sort of person who never achieves goals so although thats what i would like im just going to go with the flow.

:thumbup:

Thank you!

We had our first ceremony in June, this will be our legal civil ceremony in November, it's all a bit confusing but it does mean I get two wedding anniversaries :happydance: :haha:

I'm going to have a 45 minute horse and carriage ride (what's the short term for that?) to the venue and then a 45 minute ride back again, on the way there it'll just be me and my best friend and possibly my Mum and on the way back it'll just be me and my husband.
It's only a small do, 20 guests, no doubt I'll be freaking out at some point thanks to my OCD :haha:

Thing is I don't want to lose too much weight before the wedding as I'm just about to go for my final dress fitting, it's not too bad as it's a corset back but it still only goes so tight lol!

I know what you mean about goals, if I don't reach them then I get really disheartened and start giving up, that's why I'm thinking just setting a half stone target each month? More realistic and that way, if I exceed it then I get an extra boost!

Oooh count me in girls! Ive put on over a stone since i quit smoking 4 months ago! Wouldnt hurt to get down to a better weight before i get pregnant! =) x

So i've been for run number one. Went with the dog who got poop all over himself, yuck.

How are you all planning of shedding the pounds?

Weightwatchers and Gym. Weigh ins are on Thursdays

Can I join too, I've just piled on the contented wife weight and I wasn't a thin bride to begin with. Need to lose at least 3 stones. I'm in with trying to lose a stone by christmas and hopefully more over the next year.

May I suggest that we all weigh ourselves one day this week and then update with how much we have lost the same day each week.

Can I join too, I've just piled on the contented wife weight and I wasn't a thin bride to begin with. Need to lose at least 3 stones. I'm in with trying to lose a stone by christmas and hopefully more over the next year.

May I suggest that we all weigh ourselves one day this week and then update with how much we have lost the same day each week.

Im happy to post how much i weigh, however others may not be, so feel free to if you want too.

What day do you want to be weigh in day?

Ladies we have to be completely honest with ourselves and to each other or we cant help each other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->