TTC#1 and i need a weight loss buddy

Can I join too, I've just piled on the contented wife weight and I wasn't a thin bride to begin with. Need to lose at least 3 stones. I'm in with trying to lose a stone by christmas and hopefully more over the next year.

May I suggest that we all weigh ourselves one day this week and then update with how much we have lost the same day each week.

Im happy to post how much i weigh, however others may not be, so feel free to if you want too.

What day do you want to be weigh in day?

Ladies we have to be completely honest with ourselves and to each other or we cant help each other.

Why don't we do Wednesdays as weigh in so that would be starting tomorrow morning. People can post whatever they feel comfortable with either amount lost without posting what initial/current weight they are, or they can post actual weights, or %s, whatever they like :)

Hi everyone!

I'm in the USA so the conversion to "stones" isn't something I grasp very easily- lol.

I'm 5'11" and weigh 186 lbs. I'd like to loose 10-15 lbs, but don't really know how to do it. I don't have much time in my schedule to allow for exercise. I work sedentary jobs. I do try to eat healthy things (but I think sometimes I eat too large a portion). I really hate exercising and lack motivation to do it. However, DH has suggested a lot lately that I try to loose a little bit and I think it would help us. Any tips you gals have I'd appreciate- and it would probably help me to know that other people are going to hold me accountable for my goal. Thanks!

theres 14 pounds to a stone, but you can measure in what ever you like.

tomorrow sounds good to me.

good luck ladies

Wednesday good with me too.

I was a staggering 17stone 8lbs 3 weeks ago not trying to justify weight but was diagnoised with underactive thyroid 3 years ago and it took an age to get me on the right dose. Now need to do the hard work and try to shift the weight.

Futurephoto-Following finding out my weight 3 weeks ago i've started getting a lift to work with hubby and walking home which takes 30 minutes at least 3x a week. Its a good way when you have limited time. I also bought a 10 minute fitball DVD which is fantastic for the days I use the car or not much time. Hope that helps, i'm also giving up hubby size food portions.

Hi everyone!

I'm in the USA so the conversion to "stones" isn't something I grasp very easily- lol.

I'm 5'11" and weigh 186 lbs. I'd like to loose 10-15 lbs, but don't really know how to do it. I don't have much time in my schedule to allow for exercise. I work sedentary jobs. I do try to eat healthy things (but I think sometimes I eat too large a portion). I really hate exercising and lack motivation to do it. However, DH has suggested a lot lately that I try to loose a little bit and I think it would help us. Any tips you gals have I'd appreciate- and it would probably help me to know that other people are going to hold me accountable for my goal. Thanks!

Hello :) I have always had problems committing to exercise. Not saying this is *your* situation, but in mine I also always said I didn't have time. Funny how I usually found time to watch at least 1 TV show a night though! So I realized it just has to come to priorities and commitments and I have to make jogging above other stuff in mine. I also used to get it in my head that if I couldn't work out for an hour it just wasn't worth it. Well, I guess 10 minutes is still better than none! So if a 10 minute jog is all I can get it, I try to do it.

I have also heard suggestions about what to do during the day. Smokers get breaks, so take your "smoke" breaks - go out twice a day and walk for 5-10 minutes and come back in. Walk the stairs (I personally can not do this because I will get sweaty!) etc.

Good luck!!

Oh also the Jillian 30 day shred DVD is really great. It is short (I think 20 mins if I remember correctly!) and is definitely a good workout with lots of cardio!

Excellent idea on posting up our weights! I'm more than happy to do that, it might be embarrassing to begin with but that just means there's more motivation to lose weight!

I've got a couple of dance workout DVDs, a zumba workout, the gym (going to start easy and just do the early morning swims for the first month) and I can start going back to my zumba classes with a friend. I'll have a better idea of how I'll plan it out once I get started though.... I'm actually looking forward to it :happydance:

Thanks for telling me how many pounds are in a stone- that makes more sense now!

I wasn't really thinking of it that way before that 10 minutes is better than nothing (I also was looking at needing to have a 1/2 hour to hour long chuck of time set aside). I think I could take my break at work and walk around the building. I just don't know if that gets a person's heart rate elevated enough to make a difference or not. I don't want to get to sweaty in the middle of work either :) At least moving around a little will help me stop staring at the computer- so even a mental break like that is nice.

Unfortunately I don't feel like there is something I can drop out of my life (like a TV show) to swap exercise for. I don't really have time to watch tv either. I get up around 8:00 and get ready for work/do a few chores around the house. I'm at my first job from 9-6. Then I drive 1/2 hour to my second job and work 6:30-10:30. I'm back home around 11:00 and in bed by 11:30. Cycle repeats the next day. I honestly can't make myself get up any earlier- I need to sleep! If I'm not sleeping, I'm working...

On the weekends - not only do I still spend a lot of it working- then I'm trying to do all the household stuff. I do try to get in 1 hour of exercise on the weekend... but 1 hour per week that way isn't getting me anywhere. Does anyone know of anything I could do while I'm working at my desk?

4 years ago i lost 2 stone/28lbs on a diet and done a 30mins aerobic exercise class. I have dugout my old diet sheets and am amazed how much i didnt have to eat to keep me full for the whole day.

I was a little confused about the "stone" measurement as well, so another thanks for clearing that up.

As a shift worker, I don't have a whole lot of time when I'm on shift to get a good workout in. I work 12 hours a day, spend over an hour in travel to and from, and am so exhausted when I get home I barely have time to eat and do a tiny bit of cleaning before I pass out. However... I have 4 days off in a row out of every 8. My plan is to double up on the workouts for those 4 days, and just make sure I'm eating healthy when I'm on shift. (Who knows, if there's some down time on shift, I may be able to get something in there.. even if it's just doing some brisk walking around or some crunches in the lunch room!)

A dietician once told me something that has really seemed to help.. every time I try it, it makes a world of difference... think of your metabolism as a fire. In the morning, it's burned down to embers and you have to stoke it to get it roaring for the day...meaning BREAKFAST! it's the most important meal of the day and should be the largest... lots of protein! This has always been hard for me because I have difficulty with breakfast.. if i eat too early, I end up feeling sick. I'm going to start packing breakfast as well as lunch for work.

Then, your metabolism-fire requires maintenance all day to keep it going. So, snacks... you should be eating every 2-3 hours. Small snacks and small meals. You want to "Eat like a King" at breakfast, "Eat like a Prince" at lunch and "Eat like a Pauper" at dinner, and that will kick start your metabolism better than anything else.

I have a few different work out videos I plan on using, as well as getting some fun work outs in with my XBox 360 Kinect. (Dance Central? AWESOME!)

Wii EA sports Active is a good workout too! :bodyb:

I've just realised.....I've got the perfect excuse to beg the OH for a Wii and Wii Fit now :happydance:

Cordae- good advise I like the "King, Prince, Pauper" analogy :). I've never been one who eats breakfast. I think I'm going to start trying that too.

I just finished taking a few laps around my building- it's soo nice out today! I makes me want to go for a longer walk... but- I'll be at work, so no dice.

I dont need to beg my hubby. He is a computer games designer so of course we need to buy consoles and games for "Research" :haha:

Oh and wii Sports Resort too!!! There is also going to be a Wii2 console released at christmas 2012. If hubby would see me now he would be so proud!

Hey well i went to slimming world last night and nearly died when i had to jump on the scales :O im now 13stone 3 pounds so my goal is to lose 3 stone. Got my books and im all ready to go its good because you can eat as much as you like realy as long as its not a syn lol such as chocs and booz that sort of stuff.

So i've just got up and stepped on the scales. 13 stone and 7 pounds. :dohh: Not that i'm really suprised.

I've just had an apple for breakfast but after reading these posts maybe i'll go see what else i can find, also going to pop to morrisons and stock up on more fruit. I once did slimming world and lost some weight by eating more fruit than normal, however the rest of the plan i didnt understand so mainly lived of fruit. I still have all the books so maybe i'll dig them out and try and look again.

Today im seeing a friened, all night i've been thinking about WALKING to town to see her and been getting myself prepared for it, i've even charged my IPOD, but ive just pulled back the curtains and its raining!!!! :huh: So as you've all been talking about the WII and WII FIT im going to dust mine off and get on it and maybe do half an hour of stepping and some off the balance bits on it. Must try not to eat bad things when out with my friend.

I also do shift work, im a health care assistant in a community hospital which requires working 12 hour days or night, i think its about doing something befor you go to work or after, maybe even in your lunch break i guess we've just got to :juggle: or lives about.

Good luck girlies :hug:

So i've just been for a long walk with my dog, will have to take him out again later but i don't think it will be such a long walk. How are you all doing? have you done anything different today?

I tried a fig today lol felt weird but was nice so more figs for me thats. I need help thow we are going to the mother inlaws tonight for the weekend and when ever we go there she has no food in and gets take aways there are all so skinny and i just feel like a big lump when im eating mine but i have to or i will go hungry all week end what should i do go n buy myself something and cook it lol feel a bit rude but i want to lose a flab???

Why don't you offer to cook? or you could have some of what they have but eat the healthy parts e.g. if the have chicken with a fancy sauce maybe ask if some could be cooked without the sauce.

Im seeign a friend and going to curves later. My legs, but and stomache are hurting form my short run yesterday

Slimming world is confusing im on a "red day". I just carnt wait to get my exercise bike fixed i was doing good on that i was doing 30 mins a day about 10k each time it killed me but i was getting used to it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->