TTC #1, CD 4 -- Who's with me?

hehe.. it's good to not have time to think about ttc/ntnp! It helps u relax at the same time! Yep, tww for me as well. I think i'm 7/8DPO... had a temp drop today. So I think i'll be moving onto the next cycle :shrug:

Yep~~ Catch up with some sleep~~ How was OKC?

Aww..well there's still time, right? dpo-wise? Here's hoping for ya!

OKC was HOT!! But it was nice - made us really happy about moving there; we're not as concerned about the big move now that we've seen the place :) But coming from a place that has cool summers, my body will have to acclimatize because I seriously felt like I was on fire, in an oven, with the door closed haha! Thank goodness for air conditioning in every building.

What's new with you?

I hear you. I'm in AZ so I'm no stranger to super hot summer! And I know exactly what you mean by being in an oven!!!

Not much with me. Thinking if DH & I should go camping during memorial day weekend (This weekend)... But AF is due Saturday. But if we wanted to go.. we need to coordinate with some friends as we dont like last-minute planning. :shrug:

Oooh camping! I can't even remember the last time I went camping, especially for the long weekend. We're having our long weekend (victoria day) now, just ended today and DH is going back to work. Maybe we'll try camping for the long weekend once we're state-side :)

Hey you~ How are you doing?

Looks like we aren't going camping anymore since DH's dad is still here. He came to visit from another state since the beginning of the month and will be leaving on the 31st. Even though MIL will be home... but perhaps we should spend some time with them since it's a long weekend :shrug:

Hey lxb!
Aww darn :( And they don't want to tag along on your camping trip? jk ;)

I'm doing well, thanks. Just taking it easy and totally procrastinating on my laundry! How about you? How are things going ttc?

lxb! How many days do you usually have high temps? Your chart is looking mighty suspicious! :O Fx for yoU!!

Yea... My temp has been high.... I suspect my thermometer is broken! Haha I am trying not to have my hopes up. AF is supposed to due today or tomorrow. Temp usually drop day before af or day of af. Feels like I have been having sleepless nights... That's why temp has been high?

Poas this morning and a bfn. Just waiting to. See what my temp is like tomorrow.

Oo... Several friends and dh and I r going to a peach farm tomorrow! Can't wait! Mmm... Peaches!

How r u feeling?

Peach farm! How cool! They must be nice and juicy straight off the tree.

Aw bfn :( Well there's till tomorrow :D Let me know

I woke up this morning with some cramping...no blood or fluid yet, but I have been having cramps for the last two weeks -- very light ones, off and on. I made an appointment with the doc for Thursday to check it out and also check my cervix 'cause it feels like it's extra low or something 'cause it is uncomfortable/painful when DH and I dtd... :s and that never happens. It's a little early for my annual exam, but I will get it done now anyway, since there's clearly something going on down there.

I'm doing pretty well, lxb! You must be thrilled! BFP I see?? Congratulations! I'm SO happy for you, I could pee my pants!!! :D YAY!

Oops sorry :( I didn't mean to peak at your charts and spoil your news delivery :(

Heheh... Not a problem at all! Feel free to peak! I think I am still in shock as I didn't think it was my cycle. With my temp being up... I had my hopes sky high! But definitely thrilled!! :happydance: :happydance: and you shall be next. I hope your appointment turned out good.

Thank you so much! I hope so too! I would love to be bump buddies with you! <3 I wish you a very very happy and healthy 9 months!! :D What did your DH have to say? Was he jumping up and down when you told him? How did you tell him? So did you feel at all like your AF was showing up? Or you just felt nothing at all? 21 questions, I know haha!
My appointment is tomorrow afternoon so I am hoping AF doesn't show up yet because I'm pretty sure they will want to do an exam of my lady parts and it would be kinda hard if i was on AF, ya know? So here's hoping!
Congrats again! So exciting!

Thank you rcafwife~~ hehe... I certainly have my fingers,toes, EVERYthing crossed for you to become my bump buddies~~~~

Well, .. I got my BFP on Tuesday 29th. Went grocery shopping and got a little 'daddy-to-be' father's day card! The front has a stork carrying a baby and it says... "One Lucky Baby on its way. One Great Dad in the Making". So I wrote, "Hi Dada... I can't wait to meet you! We love you! <3, Your Poppy-seed-size baby" And I taped a little poppy seed as its signature. :haha: I planned to give it to him when we're in our room by ourselves. So... there was NBA going on, and his parents were downstairs watching the game with us. I guess DH had a long day at work.. and started to fall asleep! So after the game, I woke him up and asked him to go to our room. And the moment he got in there... he fell asleep. ... ... :dohh:

Soo.. I didn't tell him on the 29th.

Yesterday, DH called me about the situation from some car dealership (we're looking to buy a new car). But you know how it is, with the car salesmen and all the games they played. It was a frustrating process. First they said they have the car available in the lot, then they said they can get it in in a week. Then they said in 2-3 days, then 2-3 hours. Then they increased their finance rate. So it was an emotional roller coaster day for DH. :wacko:

So after we were in our room, DH still kept thinking about the car, etc. etc. And then 15 min later, he said "okay... let's go to sleep". He then turned off the light... and I said.. "No.. wait... turn the light back on". He looked at me all weird.. and I said.. "I want to talk~".

Me: "Do you think we'll be good parents? Do you think you'll be a good dad?"
Him: "Yeah. I think I'm capable of looking at the big picture. ..." blahblahblah....
Me: "Ok"
Him: "sigh... I guess I sometime wonder how I will actually be like"
Me: "Hm..."
Him: --just looking at me-- ... all tired...
Me: "I guess we'll find out in 8 months"
Him: --few seconds later-- .... o_O <-- eyes all light up
Him: "r u pregnant??????????"
Me: --smile--
Him: ["ohhh my godddd.... " "ohh my goddddd....." -chuckles/giggles-] & repeat

He gave me a huuuggee hug... he was shaking a little bit. And kept saying... "oh my god... then giggles... then oh my god" ... :haha:

Him: "Are you serious???"
Me: "That would be a mean joke!!"
Then he hugged me again... and kept giggling~~~

And I showed him my pee stick!! And the first thing he said.. "Do we have more? Can you pee again?" :haha:

For the next 30-40 minutes.. he just kept giggling on and off w/ random hugs... I could barely see his eyes (he has small eyes... and when he smiled... it practically became 2 lines!) haha..... and he told me he can't even think of the car now even if he tried~ Then I went on and tell him the ultrasound appointment coming up.. etc. etc. (Oh.. and I gave him the card afterward~)

He said "I hope our baby look like you" and he said even his friends said they hope our baby look like me. And I bet our baby will look EXACTLY like him!

He usually give me kisses before he leaves work. After he gave me kisses this morning... he kissed my stomach (between my ribs). How clueless he must've been at where the baby actually is!! :haha:

So did you feel at all like your AF was showing up? Or you just felt nothing at all?

The only thing I spotted different is a needle-poking type of pain I felt on my lower belly. But that only happened once! So I didn't read too much into it. Probably just gas? :haha: And yes, I do feel like AF was coming. Had AF-type cramp few days before AF's due date, and on the day of AF's due date! (POAS and got a BFN) On and off cramp afterward... and felt wet down there.... which is normal for me for the past few cycles. Didn't feel much different at all compared to my past cycles.

I remember few cycles ago, I would feel all warm/thirsty. And thought I was preggo~ but nope. So even though this cycle I also feel warm/thirsty... I didn't think much of it. I've concluded that (for me, at least)... AF & preggo symptoms are the same!!

The only thing that kept my hopes up was my temp. It usually drops a day before AF or on the day of. So as it kept showing up as a high temp... that gave me a slight hope (and of course, I had to think the thermometer is broken!) :haha:

Wooo... this is a long post~!

How did you appointment go?

OMG! What a beautiful way to tell your DH, and his reaction too! How awesome and exciting!! :D I was thinking of surprising DH in a similar way when the time comes, by getting him a little present or card, but with the way my DH is, he will probably be lurking when I do POAS, unless of course he's away at work or deployed lol! Props to you for keeping the secret so long! I would definitely crack after about 6 hours haha!

WOW -- definitely sounded like AF was on her way! I would be shocked and in doubt too, as to whether the thermometer was broken/the test stick was defective! That makes ttc/2ww so much harder for people when AF symptoms = Preggo symptoms 'cause they'll always think they're pregs when they're not ugh! I wonder why that is tho...why the symptoms are all the same, including the wet feeling down there, like fluid is leaking. I get that EVERY TIME AF is due to arrive, and like clockwork, she shows up. So I am really hoping I don't get that sign when it's my turn to get a BFP 'cause I would just be wild with anxiety! lol

As for my appointment, the doc did a pelvic exam and took swabs and booked me for an internal & external u/s in a couple weeks. When she poked around inside, I felt pain like I mentioned before and she wasn't sure what exactly was causing it 'cause she said the cervix looked normal and there was no weird discharge...she also did a pg test, and bfn but I knew that already 'cause AF had started to show a couple hours before the appointment. However, although I didn't find out what is cause the pain/discomfort during BD, I did find out that I have a tilted uterus! It's tilted back so we were doing the wrong BD position all this time ('cause i usually don't like it from behind lol) so we don't do it that way often. The internet said that women with tilted uteruses (uteri?) should have sex from behind so that the spooge pools at the opening of the cervix (toward the front)...it says it's not guaranteed, but it's worth a try i guess -- in July when we start ttc again :) It'll be after we move, so then we'll be available to dtd during the peak times ;)

Equally long post! (stretches fingers) It's nice to see your new ticker too!

haha.. yeah.. it was hard keep it to myself!!! But I insist of telling him in person.. and I dont want to tell him while he was half asleep~~ :haha:

That's good that now you now you have a tilted uterus. it's time to try different position! hehe... DH loves it from behind! I think maybe I have a tilted uterus too? For the past few cycles... it has been "missionary style" as I read it is supposedly the best position for ttc. But this cycle... DH asked if he can 'finish' from behind (that was the day before I got my +opk) and I said Okay. :haha: maybe that did the trick?

Eh? I thought you've already moved? How was your weekend?

I'm so excited to try the new position this cycle! I am away from DH visiting my mom now, but when I get back it'll be cd 13 so still time to take OPKs and dtd "from behind" LOL! I read that too on the internet about missionary being the best for ttc, but that's only if you don't have a tilted uterus! I read a couple days ago that instead of dtd then laying on your back with a pillow under hips, dtd from behind and then lay on stomach with a small pillow under hips (at the front). I'll try with and without a pillow and see 'cause I don't want it to be pooling behind the cervix, ya know? Fx for me!

Nope, haven't moved yet. Almost! We'll most likely be leaving end of June so it's coming up soon!

Hehe... Yes! Time to try new position and get that BFP! I'm rooting for you!! :hugs:

I think dtd from behind then lay on your back with a pillow under hip should be good. Not exactly sure how comfortable laying on belly with pillow under front/hip area would be like. Feels like it might be squeezing those little guys out :haha: I just always lay on my back for at least 30min with a pillow under hip (if possible... I would be all prep and ready to go to bed... then dtd... then lay there w/ pillow under hip! If I'm still awake after time is up.. then I might remove the pillow and continue sleeping... if not.. i'll just fall asleep that way and maybe yank off the pillow in the middle of the night!) :haha:

Thanks lxb!! BFP ftw!
Yea I usually get ready for bed before dtd so that I don't have to get up after and risk having those little guys slide out lol! But my cervix is tilted towards my pelvic bone (at the front) so if I lay on my back afterward, then the sperm would pool behind the cervix and the cervix would be pointing up away from the pool of sperm. The theory is for a person with tilted uterus (person? like a man would have a uterus! haha) that if they lie on the stomach, the sperm would pool right under the cervix and therefore, facilitate easier transfer of the sperm into the cervix and uterus :) Does it make sense? Idk, it's late over here (3 am) and my brain is muddled lol. I will try it and let you know how it goes though :p
How are you feeling? Any pregnancy sickness or strange symptoms? I bet you're already thinking of names hehe. I know I would be

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->