TTC #1 Hopeful and Obsessed! lol

Maybe it's the warmer weather too. I had a more painful AF too, not fun. I slept most of CD1 because 3 advil and 2 tylenol wasn't enough. Super glad to hear it was heavier! I think that is a great sign for your lining! With your temp shifts, I have no doubt that you're ovulating, and it's good to hear that the side effects weren't too bad. Have you had another check of your lining thickness since the first one? Are you planning to soon?

I totally feel you both about worst case scenario. It's not just about the odds. I'm sending another prayer your way. You're not going to be the unlucky one! If it's really causing you constant anxiety, definitely consider getting treated! Getting treated for mine was incredibly helpful.

I think we're going with DHs plan on just always trying. Well, not really trying, but NTNP. I'm keeping an eye on my CD and making sure to BD at least once between CD13 and CD17. Not forcing EO day or anything, not temping. Just tracking cycle and BD sessions. That way the obsession won't start again.

Well it's still winter here lol. We've had a bit of a warm snap the last couple days (5C) but otherwise last week was still around -15 to -20C. There's still snow on the ground. Green I called me clinic to ask if I could get my lining checked and they said they would do cycle monitoring for IUI in June so it'll be checked then and as for now we'll just wait on it.

Green I like the idea of NTNP, I've often thought I could probably just BD CD 11 and 13 and call it good.

Mnelson if your anxiety is subclinical (not severe enough to warrant meds) you could consider acupuncture. I struggle with anxiety too. To the point where I would miss work for it. Since acupuncture I don't feel nearly as moody or anxious and I went in not believing that it would help for stuff like that lol. I don't miss anymore work because of it or because of PMS either! Before it was almost one day a month I'd have a meltdown and have to call in sick.

Ugh, Belle, that sounds too familiar. Once a month meltdown. Thank god for treatments and medications. That sucks that they said the next check won't be until the IUI. Why not before? Though I am really happy that they'll be monitoring during that cycle. I think NTNP would be good for your femara cycles. A little low key. How is OH doing? Sticking with quitting, I hope? Was his disappointment for this cycle rough on yall?

Mnelson, your surgery is this week! That's amazing! I'm so excited for you! I hope it goes well and you have a super smooth recovery <3

I'm tempted to start temping again, to see if I'm still ovulating later in my cycle. I just put my thermometer near my bed :dohh: I really need to work out health insurance. I've got to buy a new policy since I left my job. Shopping around is not fun. Plus no one covers infertility treatments at all. Ever. Yippee.....

If I had to guess at the cause of our subfertility, I'd say it was a combination of hostile CM and hyper viscous semen. Any suggestions on how to treat these?

Green you could try a pH strip to see how acidic/basic the cm is. If it's out of wack I've heard of things that can help one way or another. Vit C is good for viscosity! Vit E is good for lining!

Ya fertility treatments are rarely covered by insurance here either. I wish the gov would make it mandatory coverage.

DH seems to be doing good since quitting. I should have tracked the date but didn't. I think this is the second cycle since he's quit. He has also started cutting back on alcohol and has been more supportive of me doing the same. I think last cycle was tough on him because he still believes it will happen for us with minimal intervention whereas I don't lol. I think it's going to take IUI or IVF.

I do just temp s couple days over my fertile spot to confirm O, and i will start doing OPKs again this month so I can nail down when the go POS and when I get a temp shift in case I want to do an unmonitored IUI later on. I do pretty much forget about TTC during the TWW now though, which is much easier.

Mnelson how have you been doing?

Hello hello hello Ladies!
Sorry I was MIA, but the freaking pop-ups on this site were driving me insane I couldn't even handle it!

Yes... 2 days.... I cannot believe it. It felt like it was going to take so long when I got the appt date, but now here I am! I am trying to get a hold of my Dr.'s nurse today to see if I will be able to talk to him before or after surgery or if he just pops in one im knocked out. I have some questions. Like, I have read they usually put women on estrogen for 2-4 weeks after the surgery to try to promote the lining to grow back nicely over the new areas, but estrogen is what causes polyps to grow... so I am worried I am going to be doing something counter-intuitive here where they snip out the current polyps, but then I likely just grow more due to the estrogen, and so do I have to go get this done again before I can do IVF?
Also, some just do the balloon and no estrogen, some do no balloon and only estrogen and some do nothing at all. I dont know, I just hope I can get some answers beforehand.

Green I think the temping to confirm O is a good idea. I don't like the rollercoaster of it in my tww, but I like to know when to expect AF. I think it helps to not lead to over-reactive optimism on my end haha.

Belle, Femara is done! Yay! Now you are just back to regular ttc cycles. How was your AF on it? Any heavier than before?

Ahhh! Mnelson! Today is the day!!!! I'm sending you serious good luck vibes!!!!! I seriously can't believe this day has come already!! It seemed like it was so far away and then BOOM! Here it is!

I think for polyps to grow they probably need the proper conditions for a significantly prolonged period of time. I think the little bit of time they will have you on estrogen to promote your lining to grow will be okay! I hope you do get some of your questions answered before the procedure!

My AF on Femara felt heavier for the first 2 days, but then it trailed off pretty light pretty quickly. So I'm going to say it was probably about the same amount of flow that I usually get. I'm on CD 9 now, so will start OPKs and temping tomorrow.

Mnelson, dear, I hope everything went well today! Thinking of you! Was the doctor helpful and answer questions beforehand? Did you end up getting estrogen and/or balloon? I think Belle's right that a little more estrogen for a month won't cause polyps to grow so quickly. I hope you're feeling okay!

Belle, yay for a new cycle! God I can't believe it's almost April.... how's everything else in your life going?

Hello ladies,

Sorry I've been MIA, but I have been off work and I just find BnB too frustrating to use on my iphone.

Surgery went well I think. I didn't really get to talk to my doctor afterwards, only before. He did leave me a note on my take home sheet that said "Surgery went well, septum is resected and polyps gone :) ". Haha, so I assume the smiley face means good news. I have a follow up appt on May 9, and I have to repeat my sonohysterogram after my next period and hopefully before that appt so they can ensure the cavity looks nice and clear and no adhesions or new polyps are there.
He did not do a balloon or estrogen. The no balloon kind of scared me because I am scared of it healing back together without a spacer in there, but he said when he was in there he would see how it looked and determine if he needed one, so I guess I need to trust his judgement. He said no to the estrogen when I asked him before because apparently there are quite a few studies that don't suggest that it really helps at all to do it verses just normally letting your cycle do its thing, so I was happy with that.
The only issue I have is that my period is due today/tomorrow, so I had bleeding after the surgery which they said could last up to a week, but it really only last until Friday night, saturday was just a little tan/light brown cm, but then on Sunday I started spotting red again and then last night I got a pretty heavy red flow, which has now dissipated again. Its so confusing because its hard to know if it was my period kicking in or from the surgery and he did say that I would likely just go from one type on bleeding into the other during my healing, but I haven't had any cramps since the first day post op. Which is really weird considering I get pretty rough cramps on CD1. So it is worrying me that it isn't my period that started last night. Ugh, I just hate not knowing if I should be calm or worried about it! I mean, if it is my period, HALLELUJAH, because I would love to have it been my septum causing the cramps and not Endo, but I just dont think I am that lucky here haha.

How are you ladies doing in your cycle? I will be sitting around until May now just watching you all TTC :coffee:

Mnelson I reported it when the pop ups went crazy on my phone. They did something to fix it and it hasn't been a problem since.

So glad your surgery went well!! I hope that it was indeed AF that was causing your cramps! I think you should expect things to be a little funny cycle wise for the next little while. I'll be eagerly awaiting your follow up appt. in May!!!

AFM I think today is O day, I had some pretty intense O cramps last night and have been having lots of ewcm. I didn't temp this cycle as I've been sick and decided I needed the rest instead. My temps would have been haywire. Did do OPKs though and it went positive on CD 12, I usually O 2 days later, which is today!

MNelson, it does sound like that was your period. So are you now taking birth control for this month off? Definitely trust your doctor if he says you didn't need a balloon. The good news is, I bet that means you have strong uterine muscles that hold their shape. :) Looking forward to hear about the day they push out that baby!

Belle, happy O day! Welcome to the TWW :p i'm sorry to hear you've been sick! Are you better now? How is OH?

I'm on CD 23, and probably 6-7 DPO. And for some reason, I think this cycle is going to be the month. I've got symptoms, and while every symptom has a non-pregnancy reason, I still just have a feeling that this is it. Peeing constantly (but I'm drinking a lot of soda when I normally avoid it), AF-type cramps way before AF is due (but I ate a lot of spicy food yesterday and it can give me cramps), bad acne (a usual for me, but also can be a pregnancy sign), runny nose/allergy attack (very rare for me, but we were kicking up dust). And then of course there's the fact that it would be pretty much the worst timing as I'm starting up my business this month. Life likes to play cruel jokes.

We'll see. I'll probably test this weekend or monday.

Oh Green, I am so excited you have some positive vibes about this month for yourself! I can't wait to see how it all pans out in a few days!! I will definitely be crossing my fingers for you!!!

Happy O day as well Belle! Now the waiting begins... again.. haha. That is just the worst!

AFM - Yeah, I am really hoping that was AF. It didn't last very long however and has been kind of intermittent, but I guess I can only expect it to be a little wacky since people were just poking around in there 6 days ago. No birth control for me, we are hormone free, balloon free, and just hoping my uterus cooperates in the healing process. My doctor is also on holidays until the 10th so I dont think I will get the pathology reports on the polyps until at least after then, which is so nerve wracking! Just hoping that comes back fine so I at least know I will have a chance to persue Assisted Conception. I really hope that at my follow up in May that we can discuss getting the ball rolling for IVF and maybe do a round of IUI or two while we wait.

UGH ALL THE WAITING ALL THE TIME!!!!!! Life of the infertile I guess.... :coffee:

Oh Green I'm keeping my FX super tight for you!

Mnelson I can totally relate... I'm so DONE with waiting LOL. Honestly if we ever get lucky enough to have 1, I don't think we'll try for 2. I never want to do this again in my life!

And add another symptom to the list: insomnia. I've been laying in bed awake for the last 5 hours.

Oh no Green! Sorry to hear that! Insomnia is the worst!! I find a little melatonin really knocks me out! Its also a strong antioxidant which is supposed to be good for egg quality, so win win lol. Might be worth a try if you regularly struggle with sleep!

I have heard that about melatonin as well and my DH takes it for sleep. I started taking it for egg quality in hopes of doing IVF in a few months, but I get to opposite reaction from it! He falls asleep in like 30 minutes of taking it. I always sleep really well so I find that it disrupts my sleep.
But I will do ANYTHING for healthy eggs haha.

Oh thats crazy that it actually disrupts your sleep mnelson! I'm the same, would do anything for good eggs haha. Those are words I never thought I would say! :p

Definitely going to have to try that. Melatonin gives my OH crazy dreams and he hates it. It used to be so easy to sleep, but not anymore.

I've been nauseated on and off today. Foods don't taste right, either.

But I am at the LATEST 9 DPO, probably more like 7 DPO. Please bring me back to earth and tell me these symptoms mean nothing this early. I probably haven't even implanted yet.

I really do hope this is it for you Green! I also have had cycles where I've had nausea, and food tasted off, and well.. you know my story lol. But just because I wasn't pregnant doesn't mean you aren't! I'm rooting for you!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->