TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

welcome sober and well done.i second what pruple said-symptom spotting will drive you crazy.my first couple of months trying every little twinge was i'm pregnant.now i try and ignore it-def a passenger in the whatever wagon!

afm-af finished.still got cramps tho.teach year 2 and we finished sats exams yesterday so all back to normal.progress on pants reports-zero!!!vx

Lils-I am so very sorry to hear your news, and was so hoping that it wouldn't come to this! This is so hard for you, so soon after the previous mc. Well, if there are silver linings to be found (I always like silver linings), is that you can get PG quite easily, you now just have to wait for a good egg, or one that wants to stick around. Perhaps your Level 2 tests will shed light on what is going on. I am sure that Never won't mind me mentioning that she had a few losses before Oopsie came along. It's a matter of perseverance, however hard and pragmatic that sounds. Huge :hugs::hugs::hugs: and I hope that your DH is taking very good care of you, and that you are being kind to yourself. Thinking of you hun, Axxxxxx:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Butterfly-what the devil are you up to these days, you're very quiet young lady!!!? Big :kiss:

Carole-I am on pins to find out how you are! :hugs::hugs:

Welcome Sober, and I hope your journey is short and sweet. Am very pleased that after everything you have been through, you have found somebody special! There are no snobs on here either-well done on getting this far! As Butterfly said you could get PG straight away, and it might take a while, so you just have to hang on in there, and make sure that TTC is not the sole focus of your life, as it will drive you crazy!! Lots of luck, :thumbup:

Neesaw-roll on O day so that you can have some fun making a little bb!!! Boo hiss the reports! :hugs:

HTJ-the spike does look promising! I am keeping everything crossed for you, Axxx

Bearlake-I knew you'd be hiding! I think we all have times when we feel we can't contribute. How useless to have a consult with a junior doc and not your own consultant! Grrrr! :grr::grr: From my experience, lack of implantation in the, ahem 'older woman' is down to chromosomal issues with the embies (generally to do with the eggs, as sperm re-generate every three months). The docs can prescribe lots of progesterone to help the embies stick, and may just up your dose. My consultant advises that clients voluntarily self-medicate more progesterone if spotting occurs before AF is due, or OTD. I think with IVF/ICSI, it's a case of just trying again, like buying a ticket for winning the lottery! GL hun and stay with us, Axxxxx

Dr S-good to be at home with your folks, I'm sure. It's their job to spoil us! Do they know about your TTC? ICSI sounds like a good plan-better success rates!

Pad-hopefully you can catch that pink egg before you get to Flo Rida, and then bake her in the warm sun, getting her nicely settled in! :thumbup:

Dashka-hmm, what a pain having the boss back. Times like these I'm not surprised people want to get out!! Hope you're okay hun? Big :hugs: for always being there for us all, Axxx :kiss::kiss:

Chicken-how are you? Can't remember, are you about to O? BIg :hugs: to you, and GL!

Coastdreams-how's it in sunny Cornwall? Bet it's beautiful now!! Where are you at with your TTC journey? :hugs:

Hello Asry, Purple, Frolicky, Lady H, HA, Missy, Never, Twinkle, and anybody else that I've stupidly missed, Hello! :thumbup::thumbup:

AFM-getting AF type twinges. I am not at all hopeful that my spikes and dips mean anything. I think it is pure coincidence that the 'implantation' type dip on 7dpo happened on this day (I'd had the window open overnight, so I'd be colder anyway!). Also, my chart seems to spike quite dramatically, anyway, so I think it's just a continuation of a theme. Of course, time will tell, when AF comes to visit!

Ciao for now my lovelies, and :hugs: to you all, Axxxx

Hey Asry - with the hcg hormone the key is (1) not starting too low, but (2) most importantly, your numbers should at least double every 36-48 hours, or it is not a viable pregnancy. I started at hcg 24 which was fine, but my 48-hour tests should have shown at least hcg 48. Instead, mine went down to hcg 18. My temp has already started to drop significantly today, so I should miscarry in the next couple of days...

Thanks for thinking of me though. :hugs:

:hug: to all you ladies & have a great day

Lils - lovely, Im not sure about this, but are the level two tests what happens for recurrent MC? is there anything else that can be/needs to be checked, because as Dwrgi said you have gotton pregnant on your own (well obviously with dh's help) but without assistance. I feel so sad for you hun xxx wish I could say something to make you feel better xxx

lovely ladies - hope you are all having a nice day??
huge loves and :hugs: to all, I meant to say that earlier, then of course I was distracted by other things - Brain failure :dohh:
its quite normal for me xxx

LilS I'm so sorry - sending you big hugs xxx

Hello newbies - you won't have seen me around as I've been lurking but not posting - after 2 and a half years TTC - and over 2 years on this thread - I go through phases of having to hide for a while. However I do read & wish for a BFP for all of you xx

Hello people who know me - love & fairy dust to you all xx

Lils - lovely, Im not sure about this, but are the level two tests what happens for recurrent MC? is there anything else that can be/needs to be checked, because as Dwrgi said you have gotton pregnant on your own (well obviously with dh's help) but without assistance. I feel so sad for you hun xxx wish I could say something to make you feel better xxx

Hi Purps & ladies :hugs:. Yes, the Level 2's can be responsible for recurrent mc, as well. I dunno much about the other 2 tests I took, but the NK cells, if it comes back elevated, would show that my immune system keeps attacking the embie as a foreign invader (still waiting for results -may be back as late as early next week). Its funny how some Dr's simply don't believe in Immunes testing, as I am reading. It makes huge sense to me & am no doctor? I am living proof that it is extremely important bc, while I may not be able to keep them at this point, I have at least started getting pregnant again - like twice within the 1.5 mos I started treatment, so no freakin way that's coincidence...

So, I am doing more RMC research & finding that I could have had much more aggressive therapy for MTHFR/thrombophilia. This talks about those of us who have the APA (Level 1 test - I have them, so its good) but who experience RMC:

The combination of both heparin and aspirin given to women experiencing repeat pregnancy loss who had antiphospholipid antibodies are associated with a live birth rate of 80% compared with a live birth rate of 44% in women receiving aspirin alone. Live birth rates with heparin, aspirin and a steroid called prednisone are 74%. Thus no enhancement of live birth rates are noticed when prednisone is added to heparin and aspirin therapy for treatment of recurrent miscarriage.

WTF? Those rates are incredible. I need to find an RE who knows more about these Immunes, as my RE, while very thorough in testing & I have no complaints, doesn't know much about what to do (& has even told me I should see an endocrinologist bc he doesn't know much about it & it affects way more than just fertility). He is only really only versed in IUI & IVF treatment. I guess I will have to find another RE or regular Endo that knows about fertility, as well. That will be the tough part, as unfortunately, administering drugs to treat Immune disorders doesn't pay as well as IUI/IVF, so I am thinking perhaps an Endo would be better but I'm going to be both. I will be taking this next month off TTC anyway since I will be in UK during ov.

I'm just not sure I have it in me to go through another loss. I was hopeful after mc Jan 2011 bc it was my 1st month trying, so thought it was just bad luck & I'll just try again - this is going to be easy. Last month, after 1yr 4mos since last preg, even though I mc, I was hopeful bc I now knew about MTHFR/clotting issues & knew that not enough time had passed to save the baby. And I now knew that I could get pregs. Now, however, enough time has passed w/the supps/aspirin & I still can't hang onto it. On top of it, its always been a dream of mine to have a baby on/near my bday (my mom & I were 2 days apart so we REALLY enjoyed celebrating together; She came down to FL on her 50th/my 30th & we "cried in our beers" together - lol). Damn if FF had shown me what my due date would have been - the day after AND that would have been a perfect 40 yrs apart. :growlmad: Not that its reqd but I thought this one is definitely providence...etc.:blush:

I am going to post in a little bit about some interesting things I have found that will hopefully help everyone, including unexplained infert, RMC & IVF failure. But I have a darn telephone conf I have ot get ready for -like I \can really think about tax law right now :nope:. I'll just play stupid as I am good at that one...

Sorry for long me-post, but hopefully this will help someone else, too. And it helps me to get it out as I have been crying almost nonstop since yesterday & today it is really sinking in...:cry:

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Lil-I am sending you HUGE :hugs::hugs::hugs: and lots of :kiss::kiss::kiss: because you have been so upset. I can understand why too, and it is never a good time to have an mc, when you want a baby so much. But, whenever the forever baby comes along (and I'm sure it will be soon), I am positive that the timing will be perfect, and will have special significance for you.

I think what you are finding out about immues is fascinating. In the UK, only a few IVF clinics actually encourage it (Skye's ARGC being one of them, and they have a 30% live birth rate in older women, so 'go figure' as you Americans would say!). My consultant is very sceptical about immunes testing, and basically thinks it's a waste of money!!!!!!!!!!! She is prepared to offer the service at the clinic (they take the bloods, and send them to Chicago) but defo doesn't go out of her way to encourage the testing, which I think is amazing! She does treat patients with predisnolone and intralipids, so obviously can't ignore statistical evidence. It seems to me that if they can't interpret the results of the tests, then they pass it on to somebody else, so I think it's a good idea that you find somebody who is prepared to help you.

I so hope that you get the answers you're looking for. Remember that you are going through a hugely stressful time, so be kind to yourself and we are here for you 24/7, so turn to us, don't cry alone!

Lots and lots of love
Axxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

oh lils! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

that is such a lovely story about you and your mom! :cry:

I was tested for Antiphospholipid symdrome after my MC (but that was because I had a positive test before when I has some other health issues, a few years ago, luckily this time it came back negative, but the haematologist told me that even so, he would recommend to an obs/gyn that in recurrent mc it can't hurt to have the heparin and aspirin as long as you are monitored. I hope your doctor will help or you can find someone who will

Dwrgi - I can see why clinics would discourage it on the nhs (money saving etc) but why would a private clinic not think its a good idea?? baffling! I remember Skye talked a lot about it before, it just doesn't seem to make sense how policies and protocols differ so much!

oh and lils sweetie, you cry as much as you need - it helps to get it all out :hugs:

and Twinkle - you may be lurking....but you can't hide - I know where to stalk you :winkwink::haha:

Lil - I am soo sorry hon!! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: I truly hope that you get as much R&R as possible and take care of yourself. Slow down and and just do the minimum so you can heal and take care of your body, mind and spirit. You really need it. You have been working so hard and then fighting sickness and all that. That truly can't help with TTC. I was hoping I was wrong and that this BFP would stick so bad!!!!!!!! My heart just breaks for you!! :cry: :hugs:
If there is anything I can do, please let me know.

Dashka - :hugs: I hope you are doing well. I somehow missed where you are at right now.

Grkprn - Good Luck with the TWW!! :baby:~~~~~~

Purple - Take care of yourself. :hugs: I hope dad is doing ok.

HA - I need to venture to your journal....TWW is almost up right?

Dwrgi - Sorry about your rentals. :grr: I am hoping :witch: stays away. We could use some miracles on here!! :hugs:

Arsy - Ah, your appointment is right around the corner. Right before midsummer right? :) I will be getting my bloods etc. done soon too to check for a bunch of chromosomal abnormalties. I hope you are feeling better.

DrS - Enjoy your feast and time with ma & pa. I hope all that R&R makes for good eggs!!

Pad - Congrats on the weight loss!! It's so good for you and LO. I am sending lots of pink your way!!! p.s. I love the way Dwrgi made the Flo Rida comment. Hahahaha!! Get "Low, Low, Low, Low" :)

Coastdreams - :hugs: How are you? I saw you posted a few threads back but am having a 'brain fart' right now.

Nikki - I am so glad that everything turned out fine. :hugs: What a scare. I know if I have any chromosomal issues it's in our parenting agreement that I have to abort, so it's scary. I am glad you have peace of mind now. Enjoy :cloud9:

HTJP - Ahh, so sweet of DP to cook etc. for you. I know for me I had a pretty PMA my last cycle and was lucky to get a :bfp: I hope the same is in store for you and your DP!! :baby:~~~~~

Carol - I hope you and Zara are healthy and resting. :hugs:

Neesaw - When do you O now? Do you get follicle scans?

Chickenchaser - Yeah!! TWW....Sending :baby: ~~~~ your way!!!

Butterfly - Sorry about your mom and your last cycle. I am hoping for you still. I truly hope you don't give up yet. :hugs:

Soberbird - Welcome & Congratulations on getting sober and taking responsibility for your life and well being. :thumbup: The ladies are right. Try to relax (I know easier said than done when you start..but it really does help and even when you get the :witch: I noticed I still had strange sensations etc. when there was no pregnancy.) Has your partner had a semen analysis done? Are you able to get any hormone tests done? Sometimes those help give you peace of mind that everything is in working order and you just have to keep having :sex: around O. Good Luck & Best to you!!

Bearlake - :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Hi Twinkle & thanks for your support to Lil and the rest of us.

Hi to everyone else. Sorry about MIA. Actually, my DH has been on the computer at night too. He's researching sprinklers, pumps etc. We are in the process of redoing our lawn. It's a big job. I have been lazy too. Just tired. Sending you all lots of love, hope, support, :hugs: and prayers. xoxo

Lil - HTJP - Ahh, so sweet of DP to cook etc. for you. I know for me I had a pretty PMA my last cycle and was lucky to get a :bfp: I hope the same is in store for you and your DP!! :baby:~~~~~

Thanks! Yeah, I am a lucky girl :D She asks me every night to see my FF so she can keep track of what is going on. I'm sure that over time that will get annoying as sin, but for the moment, I think it is adorable :D

Forgive me if this sounds silly... but what is PMA? :blush:

Edited to add: OHHHHH! PMA = Positive Mental Attitude :D got it! Thanks! I was afraid PMA was something bad that I didn't even know I had! LOL!!

So sad...
I just HATE to see this:

New Subscribed Threads: (0)
There are no subscribed threads to display in this folder for this time period.

:cry: :nope: :cry:

Hehe :haha: Hope you all are well, or at least hanging in there :hugs:. Just wanted to check in and see how everyone was doing today.

Me? I'm doing just fine! Just 3DOP and taking it nice and relaxed. I think I have more trouble with patience during the time between when af vacates and ovulation than I do in the TWW! How silly is that? Anyone else? :haha: :dohh: The days are going VERY slowly (I mean really...shouldn't I be at 10dpo by now?? :haha:) but my (using my new abbreviation in 3...2...1) PMA is helping TONS! :cloud9:

Though, I think that both DP and I are so convinced that we are going to be pregnant this month that we will be CRUSHED if it doesn't happen. Meh, will cross that bridge when we come to it. If, however, we do not succeed this month, I'm pretty sure that we be forced to take June and possibly July off from TTC... just to build some fundage back up. This stuff is getting 'spensive! :dohh: :shrug:

Love n hugs to every one of you!!:hugs::hugs:

:baby::af::af::spermy::dust::blue::pink::twingirls::twinboys::dance::dance:

Sending hugs and smooches

Hi All
I have been lurking around this board for a while, started a journal even I think - Im 35, will be 36 next month :blush: and hubby and I are trying to conceive our first child.

Im coming off depo so I could be here for a while. Im charting and temping and cd100 is getting closer and closer. Im on 80 something now...........
Its so hard to not even 'be in the running' so to speak.
No O, NO AF, nothing.........just waiting

Im going to my OB on June 7th and have a plan in place that I got from spending WAY to much time on the internet researching fertility after depo, fertility after 35, etc etc.
Im Going to ask for Provera to get AF., then I'm going to give it a few months, maybe til Sept - and then if still nothing then Im going to ask for Clomid.

How does that sound to you all?

I feel like im doing absolutely nothing right now.........with no O and no AF.

I am drinking a ton of water, exercising, taking FertilAid, oh and I just started acupuncture.

I hope this group will help get me by. Oh and I also went OFF my antianxiety medication back in Dec because OB said if I want to ttc its best for baby if im not on anything like that.............
Somedays I think it might help - but oh well. :wacko::wacko::wacko:

Hi ladies…. hope you are well... don't have a lot of time today but just wanted to post this for Lils....

Lils – I wish we lived in the same city…. I so wish I could come over and give you a giant hug :hugs:and we could just sit and have tea and have a good cry together….:cry: It makes me sad to know you have been crying since yesterday –but I totally know that is the only way of working through this. .. and it’s also better to cry then to bottle it up.. Cry on our 'virtual' shoulders...:hugs:

I am amazed by the research you are doing…. :thumbup:that is awesome and thank you for sharing. I believe my sister also took the heparin along with the baby aspirin (she was on so much stuff and also did the steroids and IVIG thing I think too)…. So I think you are right that you’ll have to find a doctor that ‘believes in’ the immune testing stuff… I hear (from my ND) where I live that it is quite the challenge (my sister’s doc is quite far from work/home for me) Most here only believe in the immune stuff for recurrent miscarriages (and I don’t fall into that category)… but maybe if they know my sister had those problems then they will listen?

I hope you can try to enjoy and look forward to your trip to the UK….. I think it’s going to be a really ‘healing’ experience for you (physically, emotionally, spiritually)…. give you time to figure stuff out …. and ‘bond’ with the other BnB gals you’ll see:flower: (I totally wish I was coming – infact my DH said I should come ….why not – I said it’s just not going to work with work… arrgh)

Oh well… like I said in my PM to you…. I just know one day we are gonna meet and have our kids with us :lolly:and look back on these days and say “I wish we just would have known then that it was all going to work out”…. How you ask? One of my favourite lines from the movie Shakespeare in Love -Geoffrey Rush---- “I don’t know – it’s a mystery”…. :shrug:

But we’ll all be here to support you whatever you choose to do my friend…
xoxo:hugs::friends:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->