TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

You ladies make me :cry: :cry: :cry: reading back on your posts bc you are so sweet & caring! I was crying the whole time reading your outpouring of love & kind words. :sad2: Good tears this time, tho :hugs: :hugs::hugs:

Purps, thank you for sharing your story about the Antiphospholipid syndrome! :hugs: That gives me hope that perhaps, just perhaps, heparin treatment would make a big difference. Also, I am sooo glad that you posted bc I was supposed to call a hematologist, not an endo :dohh: Has anyone seen an extra mind around here? I seemed to have lost mine?!!! :wacko: :hugs:

Bear, I know you have had 2 IVF’s & are wondering about testing. Dwrgi has expressed the same concern about having 2 IVF failures & reasons why. I think at our age, we have only a 20-30% chance, so some of it is a numbers game, but I don’t think it would hurt to do a battery of testing if you are feeling that way? Insurance pays for testing, at least & it may give you peace of mind, even if nothing comes up? (See next post for list of tests)

Dashka :hugs: to you for that nice post! :cry: I thought you may find the info in the 1st article (next post) about Intralipids interesting, as it seems to be all natural? I know you still have to go for NK testing, but something to keep in mind? If you remember that article about the British couple who conceived twins from a diet of soy & egg yolks? Here is another more recent Brit couple given Intralipids (egg yolk & soy through drip) – twins again! (& her NK cells were only slightly elevated?) https://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4323418/I-got-pregnant-with-twins-by-eating-eggs.html

HTJ – chart lookin good girl! :thumbup: Thank you for that Dr’s name. I am going to call them after I get through this :hugs: (She was so nice, she called her Dr in OH & they agreed to speak with me as they treat MTHFR/thrombophilia aggressively, but they’d even find a Dr locally for me?! Wow) :hugs:

Dwrgi – I know you don’t want me to say it so I won’t, but don’t think that I’m not still stalking you big time :thumbup::winkwink::hugs:

Butterfly - :hugs::flower:

Fro & Asry - :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Anyway, that brings me to some articles/studies I had found from another site’s thread as they may help some of you. The 2nd article is long, but very, very informative & I’m going to be using it is my 2nd bible from now on (learned about the heparin studies in this one). I’m including the links in the next post & only including 3 of the 5 links so that hopefully it doesn’t get postjacked again. :growlmad:

The mc has finally begun :sadangel:. :sad2: I just want to get it over with. All my plans are now cancelled for this holiday weekend (Memorial Day on Mon) & I had a lot of fun things planned. :nope: But one plan can remain – my girlfriend is coming over for “Girls night” tonight – she’s going to highlight my hair, we’ll order some Jap/Thai food, have some :wine: & watch horror movies until 2am :thumbup: That’s the only thing I can still do as I will be home, comfortable & close to bathroom. :blush: :( IDK if I'll be the best company, but we'll give it a try... :shrug:

What do you guys have planned? I hope you have a great weekend & again, thank you for all of the nice posts & messages, even if I didn’t specifically name everyone, you know who you are & you guys are all really awesome!!! :hug:

Great websites/articles/studies:
https://www.reproductivemedicineinsti...e-implantation

https://www.inciid.org/printpage.php?...unology&id=374

That link for the tests wasn't as comprehensive as what I gathered, so here goes, for whoever is interested:

Tests from Dwrgi's orig list, but added one + Anatomical to create Comprehensive List:

Level 1 Tests: Coagulation screen, Thrombophilia screen (Protein C, Protein S, AntiThrombin III, Leiden Factor V), MTHFR, Thyroid function test, Lupus Anticoagulant & Anticardiolipin Antibodies.

Level 2 Tests: Natural Killer (NK) cell assay panel, TH1/TH2 cytokine ratio (Waiting for results!) & Tissue Plasminogen Activator (E1A) - my Dr added that one.

Anatomic Tests: HSG, SHG, Hysteroscopy & Natural Killer (NK) Endometrial biopsy (I'm waiting to talk to my Dr about NK biopsy when Level 2's come back)

I haven't done these, but I carved them out of Level 2 Tests because they are more involved than just a blood test. You have to find special lab & its $$$:
-Leucocyte Antibody Detection (LAD) (blood also required from partner).
-DQ Alpha Antigen (blood also required from partner)

(my Dr didn't think I needed these last one, didn't seem to have whatever protocol I guess? But I've done all of the others & I can absolutely attribute my last 2 pregs to these tests & treatment...)

Hi Ladies, can i join in? 36 and TTC/NTNP- no charting etc, just letting it happen hopefully. I'm currently going through MC Bleed :angel: so i think it will be a while before we are actually in the market so to speak :)

Its been nice to read some of the posts (will go back and try and catch up with some, but its a massive post!!)

Lilsluz- i am so sorry, I am so sad with my 1st MC and noticed you have had 4- so so sorry hun :hugs:

It will be lovely to get to know you all along the way :) x

Welcome CB! I hope your stay with us is short, but sweet. :flower:

I am so sorry you are going through your 1st mc right now :cry:. You know that I know how you feel, if that helps at all. IDK how far along you are, but it sounds like you need a little time to heal emotionally, physically & perhaps spiritually. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

These ladies are the best most caring & "awesomest" ladies around so I think you will find a home here. :flower:

Chelli welcome nd big hugs.

Lil sorry to hear mc has started hope not too bad. Girlie night sounds perfect xxxx

Lilsluz, Frolicky & Lady H thank you :)

Yes Lilsluz- it ended on Monday- just having the post bleeding now- be glad when it's over. It's been a depressing week but the woman on the MCforum have been so supportive.

Having not thought about having children before it's come quite a suprise to us- i fell pregnant while on the pill :blush:.

Just going to take some time to heal, but i wanted to join in as we have decided not to continue with contraception and just see how it goes.

I'm actually finding reading everyone's post a help- everyone is so positive and supportive, and i enjoy reading the excitement of everyone- it's just a shame some are having such difficulty. (feel a bit guilty that we werent even trying when i read the trouble some have).... i get pleasure from reading the pregnancy positives!

I'm so glad i found this site x

Hi girls! I know many of you have been anxiously waiting for news of Carole and baby Zara, and I've had an update from Carole and wanted to share - she and Zara are doing very well, and for those interested, please see this link for Carole's birth story and a photo!

Hugs and love to all!

Omg 11lb 2!!!! Ouch. Send our regards and thanks for sharing. X

Hi skipper and welcome :hugs:

Hi chelli and welcome:hugs: I am so sorry for your loss, give yourself some time to recover and grieve Hun xxxx

Thanks Lils, I think i will stay with Basic for now and see how I get on, I started temping yesterday and my temp is very low to say I'm in 2ww 36.0 and 36.1. So I don't think I have been lucky this month but thats OK it is only month 1.
:hugs: Super bug hugs :hugs:for you. I hope you get through this OK :hugs:

Skipper :hi: and welcome, I have only been here for a couple of weeks and these ladies are great. I hope your stay here is short :hugs:

Carole - For when you read this, huge congratulations, Zara is beautiful :hugs::hugs:

ChelliBelle - Sorry for your loss :hugs: These Ladies are great and will look after you while you are here. I hope your stay is short :hugs:

froliky2011 - Hope you are doing OK :hugs:

Lady H:hi: Butterfly :hugs: Purple:howdy:

Yay Carole, congrats on beautiful Zara and :hugs::hugs: for all the trauma - not surprising after hearing how much she weighed :shock::wacko:

How odd, I typed a big long post twice and then clicked post quick reply... And got redirected to march testimng thread!!! :shock:

Anyway...I was just saying hope everyone is having a lovely weekend and doing something nice! :hugs:

We are watching the Eurovision song contest :haha: it's actually very funny!!

Purple are you telling someone to test or testing your posts!? Gotta be careful as if you post test on here half a dozen ladies oblige and pee on a stick!!

There's a bit missing from the post above ...bnb is acting weird!

Carole I read your birth story and Zara is just completely beautiful!! And you are a super woman, I'm in awe (and quite scared too!!!)

Huge congratulations

Purple are you telling someone to test or testing your posts!? Gotta be careful as if you post test on here half a dozen ladies oblige and pee on a stick!!

:haha:

Sorry Hun! I'm having some issues here I think, with bnb

Purple & Chicken- thank you, and yes so far i have found nothing but support on these forums- it's been a fantasitc help this week- dont think id have got through this week so positively if it wasnt for this site!

I'm doing ok considering- and just letting the body rest.

and i rested so much today i managed to get sunburn on my knees....i mean who gets sunburn on their knees? lol looks like i have carpet burn :winkwink: but i really dont! lol

Hope your all having a great weekend :) Lovely to meet you all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->