TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Missyt - I don't want to slap you and I know you're right.

However I know I'm a natural pessimist & I actually find having an 'it'll happen' attitude really hard. I'd let the littlest glimmer of hope in this month after reading people's success stories about BFPs following HSGs and when I felt pre-witch symptoms starting I fell apart.

That's what it was like every month when I started ttc - more tears than I ever thought it was possible for one person to have inside and almost grinding to a halt for 4 or 5 days. Now that I assume it'll never happen life just goes on. :shrug:

Dude my hair fell out when I got my amh results.. Not all of it, but grapefruit sized bald bits. We all have it.

Life sucks... I figure though - best data on managing - distract yourself, do lots of exercise, give you self the space to feel sad (e.g today I am going to have a walk on the beach and feel sad) then go and do cool things. Hug lots, have sex because you want to.... take a day off work, have a massage....... hang out with people who are in the same boat. One of bestie just had a low amh too, and she's single - its great that we are doing this at the same time.

Hang in there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:flower:

It's a marker of stress https://www.nhs.uk/news/2010/08August/Pages/can-stress-affect-getting-pregnant.aspx

I figure it's just about relaxing and going with it.

Hi all,

I'm new, to internet forums and TTC!!! I am 37 - spent too long on my career (am a doctor) and now with a lower than expected AMH. Only did the test to make me feel better that our wedding had to be pushed back - OH has a 12 year old son who lives in the UK and the ex gets to decide when the wedding is due to her holiday requirements - bless!. The unexpected crap amh result was a downer!. So we have started trying before our wedding next year. There's no pressure - the wedding is in July 13 - so it better happen this month!!!! as we can't try next month (OH is away seeing said 12 year old during the best week of the month) and the next three might be labouring while walking down the aisle! (would that be bad? at this point would move the wedding!!) Due for my period in about a week. Good luck to you all. This is NOT how it was supposed to be. I guess you girls are all with me in the same boat.

Welcome DrH to the best thread! :thumbup::flower::hugs:

thanks so much... aren't many people that one wants to talk to about this. and OH was trapped last time - oopppsss was that elevit I was taking, i was sure it was the pill -----

so it happened really easily for him before. And now we both really want it.... not sure how easy its going to me. :hugs::hugs:

Morning ladies! I'll say it... ya'll were right :) (no, I'm not surpised by that :haha:). Things do work out in the end the way they are supposed to...

I searched for more than 8 hours yesterday for donors (don't tell my boss :blush:). DP has said from the begining of all this that it is imperative that our donor is Danish or has some Danish in his heritage, to try to match her history even a little bit (she's first gen American born). I came across one early in the process that peaked my interest - he had all of the "traits" we were interested in... except for the Danish part. I made a note of him but kept searching.

At midnight last night, when I was in tears and ready to give up, I asked DP to just LOOK at his profile. She agreed (mostly because of the tears, I think :blush:). She had enough interest that we went ahead and bought the extended profile ($65 flippin' dollars for something that I FULLY believe should be FREE...but I digress) to be able to see more history, lifetime pics, medical, personal essay, etc.

His pics were adorable... he isn't ruggedly handsome, but he has great boyish good looks; and he actually has a chin and nose that are very similar to DP. Things just got better and better about him... and then e brought us both to tears at the end of his personal essay when he simply stated his reason for donating: To help those who are waiting on their little gift from God. :cry: DP had said earlier in the day when trying to comfort me that maybe this "snafu" was just God's way of directing us to a different donor...the one we are SUPPOSED to have. :cry: :cry:

He is actually a more expensive than our previous donorby about 1/4, but he is a known donor (meaning he is willing to be contacted by any children once they reach the age of 18), which I'm finding many cryo-children (hate that term) wish their parents had thought about when they chose an anon donor.

So... we have finally picked our new donor :happydance: and DP is very smitten with him,too, even though she admitted that it stings a bit that he isn't Danish ... but he LOOKS more like her than our other donor did, so that makes her happy! :cloud9: Barring any last-minute problems (that would drive me to drink) ... we should be good to go on tuesday for IUI with the new donor. I hope the clomid keeps doing its job!

Holy cow... I just realized how dang long winded I am. LOL. Leave it to a journalist, eh? Sorry ladies :D thanks for bearing with me!

I promise to catch up with as many of you as possible in a post a little later this morning... but for now, I should actually get some work done and make up for lost time yesterday! :blush: :haha:

Loves and smoochies and loads of potent Baby Dust to all! :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Morning ladies! I'll say it... ya'll were right :) (no, I'm not surpised by that :haha:). Things do work out in the end the way they are supposed to...

I searched for more than 8 hours yesterday for donors (don't tell my boss :blush:). DP has said from the begining of all this that it is imperative that our donor is Danish or has some Danish in his heritage, to try to match her history even a little bit (she's first gen American born). I came across one early in the process that peaked my interest - he had all of the "traits" we were interested in... except for the Danish part. I made a note of him but kept searching.

At midnight last night, when I was in tears and ready to give up, I asked DP to just LOOK at his profile. She agreed (mostly because of the tears, I think :blush:). She had enough interest that we went ahead and bought the extended profile ($65 flippin' dollars for something that I FULLY believe should be FREE...but I digress) to be able to see more history, lifetime pics, medical, personal essay, etc.

His pics were adorable... he isn't ruggedly handsome, but he has great boyish good looks; and he actually has a chin and nose that are very similar to DP. Things just got better and better about him... and then e brought us both to tears at the end of his personal essay when he simply stated his reason for donating: To help those who are waiting on their little gift from God. :cry: DP had said earlier in the day when trying to comfort me that maybe this "snafu" was just God's way of directing us to a different donor...the one we are SUPPOSED to have. :cry: :cry:

He is actually a more expensive than our previous donorby about 1/4, but he is a known donor (meaning he is willing to be contacted by any children once they reach the age of 18), which I'm finding many cryo-children (hate that term) wish their parents had thought about when they chose an anon donor.

So... we have finally picked our new donor :happydance: and DP is very smitten with him,too, even though she admitted that it stings a bit that he isn't Danish ... but he LOOKS more like her than our other donor did, so that makes her happy! :cloud9: Barring any last-minute problems (that would drive me to drink) ... we should be good to go on tuesday for IUI with the new donor. I hope the clomid keeps doing its job!

Holy cow... I just realized how dang long winded I am. LOL. Leave it to a journalist, eh? Sorry ladies :D thanks for bearing with me!

I promise to catch up with as many of you as possible in a post a little later this morning... but for now, I should actually get some work done and make up for lost time yesterday! :blush: :haha:

Loves and smoochies and loads of potent Baby Dust to all! :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Glad you've sorted it out HTJ. Sometimes, you just have to have lower standards!!!! :hugs:

It's a marker of stress https://www.nhs.uk/news/2010/08August/Pages/can-stress-affect-getting-pregnant.aspx

Interesting! There is an Israeli study carried out on IVF women post transfer, and those who watched lots of comedies, versus those who didn't, had greater success rate of BFP. I guess it's about relaxing and having fun and not worrying too much!

Wish I was in Oz. My brother moved there two years ago and loves it (to Syndey, he lives in Bondi suburb) and I miss him soooooooooo much but there is no chance I can afford to visit him as well as paying for ICSI, and also if I get preggers, how will I transport a baby/toddler to Oz from the UK? So, upshot is, I'm not likely to see him in a long time. :nope::nope::nope:

Interesting! There is an Israeli study carried out on IVF women post transfer, and those who watched lots of comedies, versus those who didn't, had greater success rate of BFP. I guess it's about relaxing and having fun and not worrying too much!

Wish I was in Oz. My brother moved there two years ago and loves it (to Syndey, he lives in Bondi suburb) and I miss him soooooooooo much but there is no chance I can afford to visit him as well as paying for ICSI, and also if I get preggers, how will I transport a baby/toddler to Oz from the UK? So, upshot is, I'm not likely to see him in a long time. :nope::nope::nope:

Hiya,

Yes australia is wonderful... great to hear that your brother is based at Bondi - a beautiful spot for you to visit with a toddler!! Its absolutely possible though hard to travel... maybe under 6 month baby easier as they sleep on plane! I'm trying a lot of visualisation at the mo....
we have even decided on a name? Is that dumb? am picturing myself with a baby.....

How many rounds of ISCI have you had? (Not trying to be nosey not sure what the right way to "do this stuff" is!!!:coffee:

Thanks for all the lovely words of support. I'm getting there & each day is a little easier than the one before, and my body is starting to go back to its previous shape again which really helps.

Just a quick note on the low AMH conversation. Mine is 0.2ng/ml which is practically non existent and I managed to get pregnant first time through IVF/ ICSI. (0-0.3ng/ml is equivalent to 0-2.2pmol/L) So don't worry about it too much, it's not impossible.

Hiya,

Yes australia is wonderful... great to hear that your brother is based at Bondi - a beautiful spot for you to visit with a toddler!! Its absolutely possible though hard to travel... maybe under 6 month baby easier as they sleep on plane! I'm trying a lot of visualisation at the mo....
we have even decided on a name? Is that dumb? am picturing myself with a baby.....

How many rounds of ISCI have you had? (Not trying to be nosey not sure what the right way to "do this stuff" is!!!:coffee:

Hi Dr H!

It's all in my signature. It'll take you a while to get the hang of B&B if you're anything like me, but you can add essential info about yourself which will appear at the bottom of every post: age, amount of time trying, etc.

I've had two ICSIs so far; first was a complete disaster and second went really well but no implantation, I think, so BFN. Third go, and now going for the works-IMSI, intralipids, etc.

Visualisation is very important, and giving the baby a name is a brilliant idea. Rub your tums loads and imagine a baby in there, especially when you're ovulating and immediately afterwards up until AF (if the hag bag arrives). Emma Cannon book 'The Baby Making Bible' is excellent as is Zita West's 'Taking Charge of Your Fertility'. There's loads of crap out there, but they're two of the best. And there's us, of course!

My brother and his wife have also been TTC for donkey's years. And we are led to believe it was 1 in every 6 couples. What a joke. Any GL to you!!! Keep visualising!!!

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

is too obvious to try a danish donor if this one doesn't work out?

Good morning ladies!

Manu – sending you giant :hugs: Wish I could somehow ease your pain:hugs:

Lady H – You rebel you! :winkwink:When is your b-day this month? (Be sure to tell us – OK?) I was worried about turning 40 last month but feel the same – Just gave me a little kick to go further with TTC :thumbup:

Chicken – we are just a day apart ! I’m CD11 today. Had a look at your chart –when do you normally ovulate? (or think you do?) I usually do CD11/12 so my OPK was + yesterday so prob. Ovulate today as temp didn’t go up yet. Just keep testing with OPK everyday and if you think you’re close test 2X/day (ie. if you see EWCM) If it spikes up that means you’ve already ovulated so try to get the BD’ing in before the spike!:thumbup:

Rowanbud – GL on the weight thing:thumbup: (and great that you quit smoking 6 years ago!)

HTJ – great news on the Donor! :thumbup:Hope everything moves along well for the IUI on Tuesday!:hugs:

Dr.S - how are your stims coming along? Are you working like a mad woman again?:winkwink: Hope all is ok…:hugs:

Dwrgi – Glad you’re eating healthy too…:thumbup: It will pay off! And it really helps so many other things too – including our energy levels and emotional health… Yes re: recliner – GOT it :happydance: and finally put together on the weekend …I’ll post some photos :sleep::coffee:

Honeybee – yes it is normal for your temp to go up and stay up after ovulation (even if not preggers)… it’s the progesterone hormone that keeps it up and when it falls that is what brings AF on… (to the best of my knowledge)… So for most people the ‘luteal phase’ –LP (ovulation to AF) – is anywhere from 12-16 days after ovulation… If temps stay really high past when you would normally get AF -then there is a good chance you may be preggers. My luteal phase is usually only 12-13 days. Hope that helps??:hugs:

Asry – YAY!!! For spoiler!!:happydance: So happy and fx for the bloods…:hugs:

Lils – Hey woman! :winkwink:Hoping you are in total awe of Stonehedge….and it’s energy is pouring into your soul..:winkwink::hugs: I want to see pics!

Purple and Froliky – Hello and hugs!:hugs::flower:

Mirium - hope you are okay hun and hangin in there....:hugs:

AFM – nothing new really – think I’m ov today cause got +OPK yesterday and temp hasn’t gone up yet – but most likely will tomorrow… If so I’m ov a day earlier than I always thought I did – CD11 –but we’ll see – seems to be a common thing since I started temping.

Hello to everyone I missed and hugs to all!:hugs:

xoxo

Hi ladies :)
I have been rushed off my feet again this morning...so haven't had time to post (work really does get in the way of BnB time :haha:
I hope everyone is well!!

DrHouse - it looks like you are getting the hang of all the bits and pieces here :) :thumbup:

HTJ - yay!! for finding the donor- maybe it's fate that he has similar features to your dp - I really hope so lovely!!

Dwrgi - hows all the marking going hun?? are you started on the norethesterone now?? Im getting ready to cheer you on next month :hugs: :hugs:

Butterfly - are you home or still with mum?? and any news on the house sale??

manu - hiney - loads of :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: for you, I absolutely promise - it does get a tiny bit easier every day.

Lils - are you having a fab trip still??

asy and frols - big loves xxx

Pad - are you in florida forever?? hope your having a lovely time, Pink pink pink :dust: your way xx

dashka - when is your appointment?? I hoping it goes well :)

nessaw :hi: and :hugs:

ladyH - juicy :hugs: how are you doing hun?? you should definetely enjoy your birthday!! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

to everyone I am forgetting - huge squishy :hugs: and loves xxx

here are the photos I promised of my new little "oasis" I made for myself on my deck.. I will be chillax-in hopefully from time to time with a cool drink this summer.... We got the deck fountain/pond and the lounger with a comfy womfy cushion.. heaven I say :sleep::sleep::sleep::winkwink::winkwink:

Not sure if this is going to work.....
image001.jpg

It's not letting me attach both photos ..so I'll do the other one separate...

aww Dashka - we cross posted!
but you reminded I forgot to say
:hi: to DrS - hows this cycle going??

and

Bumble - yes your chart looks like it should :)

and hi to Mirium and Rowan (well done on quitting smoking - its such a hard thing to do!!)

Dash - that little corner looks like a slice of heaven!!! what a perfect retreat :cloud9:

actually - you get a lovely big pic when you click on it !!

and here's the other with the fountain/plants and my little Westie in the door

image001.jpg

thanks Purps - She is really squinting in the photo (sun in her eyes)... and is having a bad hair day....:haha:She needs to get groomed next week!

Oh - and my RE app't is not until July 23rd.. thanks for asking! :hugs:

FF says: You are on Cycle Day (CD) 6. You are now waiting for your ovulation. Make sure to monitor your cervical fluid closely. According to your past cycles you tend to ovulate around Cycle Day 15 (Earliest CD 13 and latest CD 21). Based on this data, you could expect ovulation for this cycle around Fri June 22, 2012 (Earliest around Wed June 20, 2012 and at the latest around Thu June 28, 2012 ).

My birthday is 21st June and my party is on the 23rd!

froliky, Dwrgi, dashka - Thank you it has come back up today but not over 36 yet. I'm still getting negative OPK's to but will keep trying. FF says Friday for OV which would be good.

Honeybee - I'm not expert about charts (I have also been asking for help) but your seems to be following a perfect pattern. GL I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you. When are you planning on testing? :hugs:

drhouse - you know your stuff, I will be picking your brains before long I'm sure:blush:

HTJ - :thumbup: :happydance: As I have said before everything happens for a reason. I'm so keeping my fingers crossed for you honey, I have a good feeling about this :baby:

dashka - Your little oasis is beautiful, and your little westie :hugs:

Lady H - My birthday is the 22nd, we can party together we can share a vodka and tonic with out the vodka :haha: as I will be in TWW.

Hugs to everyone :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->