TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Hi ladies!

So very glad that those meeting in Bath had such a wonderful time! It sounds relaxing, and emotional, and wonderful! :hugs: :happydance:

I'm swamped at work today and super busy, but wanted to let ya'll know that I'm still lurking around here... just trying to not obsess nearly as much about ttc as I did last month and that means staying off the computer much more than I had been!

DP and I are doing fine. I'm working both jobs for the rest of this week and part of next, so stress levels are pretty elevated. Thankfully that 2nd job is only seasonal and is expected to finish for the season next week.

I Started my Clomid again yesterday, so back on the boat for this cycle. I have been a bad girl since BFN... lots of advil, allergy meds, artificial sweetners, soda and junk food, so getting back on track with water and eating semi-healty foods. Back to the expensive organic produce to try to avoid those bad, bad xenoestrogens and eating cage-free, vegitarian fed eggs/meats when convenient and affordable (why is eating healthy so much more dang expensive??? :shrug:)

Also researching a supplement routine ... I already take a monthly B-12 shot and 2 tbs daily of wheat germ, now I'm thinking about adding psyllium, Royal Jelly, oat straw, red raspberry and folic acid. I'm also trying to figure out if False Unicorn Root lives up to the hype. My prenatal has a DHA capsule that I take with it. Going to keep up with the Reiki massages as we are able, and I'm considering a pre-conception massage with Becoming Mom spa.

Speaking of which...I have read many varied opinions online about massage being good for fertility vs. having no impact on fertility... does anyone have experience or knowledge to share about that?

Sending love and smoochies to each and every one of you! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Hi rowan! Welcome to the thread!
I used the cbfm and like you it seemed to find my peaks on the second month of using it.
It worked for me! ( and we got pregnant on month 5 of using it)
Good Luck Hun!

Big :hugs: al!
I have some news from today, but it is sensitive so please don't read unless you are feeling ok and not delicate at all!

I am going to put it in a spoiler!

Again...don't read unless you want to know baby news! And please don't reply cos I don't want to upset anyone!

Scan today showed everything is good, and we are having a baby girl!!! :pink:

Lovely news!!! There, didn't give anything away!! :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hey ladies

Sadly I'm back. I went for my NT scan and was diagnosed with a missed miscarriage at 11 weeks and baby only measuring 10 weeks. :sadangel: We'd had scans at 6 and 8 weeks and both showed a lovely strong heartbeat, and it doesn't help knowing that if you see a heartbeat at 8 weeks you've got a 98% probability of the pregnancy carrying on with no problems, so we were in the unlucky 2%. Anyway, I had a D&C on Saturday night and am now home recovering both physically and emotionally. All the details are in my journal if you want them. :cry:

Purple - what wonderful news!!! Soooo exciting! :thumbup:

I hope everyone has been doing ok and that there have been more exciting BFPs since I disappeared. And big :hugs: to everyone else and :wave: to all the newbies.

I'm now going to go and make an attempt at catching up on everything that's been going on here.

Manuiti, I am so so sorry!! I have had 2 mmc - 1 after we saw the heartbeat too and now I am trying to conceive again. All the best to you!

Hey ladies

Sadly I'm back. I went for my NT scan and was diagnosed with a missed miscarriage at 11 weeks and baby only measuring 10 weeks. :sadangel: We'd had scans at 6 and 8 weeks and both showed a lovely strong heartbeat, and it doesn't help knowing that if you see a heartbeat at 8 weeks you've got a 98% probability of the pregnancy carrying on with no problems, so we were in the unlucky 2%. Anyway, I had a D&C on Saturday night and am now home recovering both physically and emotionally. All the details are in my journal if you want them. :cry:

Purple - what wonderful news!!! Soooo exciting! :thumbup:

I hope everyone has been doing ok and that there have been more exciting BFPs since I disappeared. And big :hugs: to everyone else and :wave: to all the newbies.

I'm now going to go and make an attempt at catching up on everything that's been going on here.

Oh that is so very sad. I'm really sorry to hear your sad news. I had a MC at 6 weeks a couple of months ago and it's both physically and emotionally devastating. You will recover and you will have your beautiful baby. Stay strong and, although it's very hard, try to look ahead and see what wonderful things are there for you xxx

Hi rowan! Welcome to the thread!
I used the cbfm and like you it seemed to find my peaks on the second month of using it.
It worked for me! ( and we got pregnant on month 5 of using it)
Good Luck Hun!

Big :hugs: al!
I have some news from today, but it is sensitive so please don't read unless you are feeling ok and not delicate at all!

I am going to put it in a spoiler!

Again...don't read unless you want to know baby news! And please don't reply cos I don't want to upset anyone!

Scan today showed everything is good, and we are having a baby girl!!! :pink:

Congratulations on your happy news!!! :flower:
5 months doesn't seem tooooo long a wait so I hope I'm as lucky as you!

manu honey - again huge loves and gentle :hugs: to you xxxx look after yourself sweetie!!

Hi everyone
Hi Dashka and Nessaw. Thanks for replying :0) I used OPk's on the first and 2nd cycle alongside the monitor because I didn't quite believe that it was going to pick up a peak for me...don't know why I thought that really! :wacko: Anyway, I think I will take your advice and carry on using them alongside the monitor as the monitor used FMU and the OPKs I can use in the afternoon/early evening. Belt and braces I think - not that I'm planning a military operation or anything (honest...:blush:)
My DP is on night shifts during my next fertile period, which is very helpful grrr! I did point out that it will be a month of random quickies this month as we're like ships that cross in the night when he's on that shift pattern - fortunately he didn't seem to mind the idea haha! :winkwink: So it's fingers crossed.
It's really nice to be able to share with ladies similar in age, I must say. I feel absolutely ancient on some sites and threads when most ladies are at least 10 years younger than me! :flower:

Hi all,

I'm new, to internet forums and TTC!!! I am 37 - spent too long on my career (am a doctor) and now with a lower than expected AMH. Only did the test to make me feel better that our wedding had to be pushed back - OH has a 12 year old son who lives in the UK and the ex gets to decide when the wedding is due to her holiday requirements - bless!. The unexpected crap amh result was a downer!. So we have started trying before our wedding next year. There's no pressure - the wedding is in July 13 - so it better happen this month!!!! as we can't try next month (OH is away seeing said 12 year old during the best week of the month) and the next three might be labouring while walking down the aisle! (would that be bad? at this point would move the wedding!!) Due for my period in about a week. Good luck to you all. This is NOT how it was supposed to be. I guess you girls are all with me in the same boat.

ps am not an o and g.
pps have besties that have tried for 5 years - it is tough.

Hi and welcome drhouse :hi: (and rowanbud think I missed you before) :flower:

What is an o and g??! :wacko::shrug:

Well, it looks like we're back to the drawing board. We had chosen a new sperm donor for this cycle based on traits and heritage, but his sc numbers were really low... as in, under 10million. Called our doc and he expressed that he is ADAMANTLY OPPOSED to us using this donor. I asked him about doing 2 inseminations this month or about combining 2 samples to double the number/chances and he said he will "do whatever we want" but he is still adamantly opposed to this donor. He said he would rather see us not inseminate this month versus using sub-par sperm. Unfortunately, I think he is right. It is sad, cause this guy was perfect for us... and with DPs strict requirements re: donors heritage, our options are very few and far between. This guys GOOD samples are soldout, and there are no more coming.

Nurse asked why we had decided to change donors... I explained that in addition to financial concerns, DP has a "Three strikes and you're out" mentality re: donor sperm. Nurse said that's not a terribly bad idea.

Soooo... now we are on the hunt again for a new donor... but we have to have one picked, purchased and shipped by tomorrow afternoon... and unfortunately, it looks like we may have to go with California Cryobank... they are a great bank from what I hear, but it is unfortunate because they are SO DANG EXPENSIVE!! Instead of going $300 cheaper with the sub-par guy, we are now going to have to go $200 higher!! :cry: I dunno if we can swing it ... :shrug: DP is going to crunch some numbers tonight to see what we can do.

I woner if I have anything of value I can pawn :haha: :blush: :haha:

REALLY hoping to not have to cancel this month since I'm already taking the Clomid.

Hi all,

Rowanbud - welcome and all the best on this journey!

drhouse - welcome. I am 38 and have been trying for 2 years with 2 mmc included. My amh came back as 1.38 but I pushed it to the back of my mind since some people claim that stress can affect the results etc. Also, some women over 40 with results less than 1 seem to be getting pregnant so I hope that it is not as important as it seems.

HTJ - I hope everything works out for this cycle!!

lilsluz - I missed your earlier post. I was just going back over the thread this morning. Regarding that Dr. Toth (he was not the dr I saw, I saw a dr. scher). I spoke to him on the phone once though and he seems a tad bit eccentric however he is known for bacterial/antibiotic work and some women with infertility are turning to him. He believes that a lot of times - high natural killer cell activity, miscarriages and IVF failures are due to underlying infections. He claims that the general medical community does not culture/test blood/urine samples for infections for long enough/enough days. Seems like what they do is see if the bacteria grows for a few days (something like that) and the medical community does not do it efficiently or for long enough. Some women swear by him. Also it seems to me that the Napro method of diagnosing and treating infertility prescribe antibiotics in their protocol too. I have done alot of prowling on the internet so excuse me. I will call the NY pharmacy or ask my doc in NY about the intralipid injections vs through IV. Thank you.

Dashka, dwrigi, grkprn, lady h, ella_e, chicken chaser, nessaw, drsquid, bumble, mighty99 - hope I did not miss someone. I wish everyone all the best this cycle!!

I have been concerned a bit because in the first 10 days of my cycle approx. - my uterus feels sort of dry and achy, sort of sore and tender. I did a hysteroscopy in March and the dr said he removed a fairly small of scarring (most likely from D&Cs) but that the uterus was fine. I was worried about Asherman's syndrome. I have worked hard so far at trying to get a baby. I flew all the way to Boston to see that doc because I was advised that a doc has to be skilled to treat Asherman's or scar removal. I have been trying to secure the best care for myself so I did this even though my RE was saying my uterus was fine... :) This soreness was there even before I did my hysterocopy. It might be hormonal. Another thing ladies - after my 2nd D&C, my period is only 2 days, sometimes 2 and a half days. My normal was always 3 days. Sorry to be unleashing on you guys but if you guys have any info please let me know. The docs dont seem to know why the period lessens and they all seem to think that it's fine but I want what I had before. That's when I got pregnant.. :) .

Have a great day to everyone!!

Hi DrHouse and welcome :flower:
I hope your stay here is short
I dont have personal experience of the amh, but I know there have been ladies here whose amh results were low and they did get pregnant!!
in fact I am sure one of those ladies is now pregnant with baby # 2 :D

anyway :hi:

Hope all you other love ladies are well and having a nice day!! I was super busy this morning at work and it's calmed right down now which is lovely, but now time is dragging and I want to go home!!! lol!

I will catch up with everyone later. I am a bit sad for Manuiti! Sorry honey!! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

I have a spoiler too and don't want anyone to read if they will be hurt or something. :hugs: to you all!! I am so glad you all had a great time at the bath and meeting. That is so wonderful!! :flower:

AFM: Scan went well. Doctor said I am low risk. Blood results will be back in 5 business days but I guess from the scan he felt comfortable saying the pregnancy and baby are very healthy. It's so scary. To get so far and know anything can happen. In any case the doctor and us tech called the baby a 'wild' and 'drama' child because it would not stop moving and liked to hold it's hand on it's forehead, the way Lil described when she wanted to faint. Maybe it's tired of my choice of radio tunes. Lol! In addition, the baby is measuring 13 weeks and 5 days (more than a week ahead). Crazy.

*sigh*

Found three donors at California and all three of them could be great.

My first choice said "Call for availability" - so I did - his last vials are being shipped out today (and he really would have been absolutely perfect for us).

Second and third choices ONLY have IUI avail... my doc wants ICI only because they do their OWN wash. If it is washed twice, it reduces the motility significantly.

Dang! Dang! DANG!

Ohhh i **hate** this! The pressure of having to have all of this decided and ordered by tomorrow is making it so much harder! Shouldn't choosing a frozen pop be FUN?? :cry:

I'm going to put an ad online that says:

2MWF seek ANY WM with dark hair and dark eyes ... who has an afinity for Playboy, dixie cups, and helping those less fortunate...reproductively speaking.

Oh, sorry. Was that crass? :p

I'm so frustrated I could just give up! But... I'm not gonna... :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back