TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Top 'O the Mornin to you ladies!

I'll catch up more later, but wanted to pop in for a quickie to share this with you. I was greeted by this first thing this morning as I walked out the door for my power-walk. Perhaps this means that one of us will be getting their rainbow baby really soon??? :winkwink: (a girl can hope! :happydance:)

(Course I tried to get the whole thing in 1 pic but quickly found out no matter how far you back up, you can't get the whole sky in one pic :dohh: :haha: Watch, I'll try it again next time, too...)

Attachments

• 038-crop.jpg
    038-crop.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 2
  • 040-crop.jpg
    040-crop.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 1
Owl - :growlmad::nope: So sorry :witch: came!!! Are you a magician or something, fitting in mini cycles & all that? :haha:

Tiger - GL today!!! :hugs:

Purps - :hugs: Try not to work too halfway-hard today! :haha:

Dwrgi - hope you are enjoying your mini vacay, girlie :hugs:

Dash - You'll never guess what they called me in Elementary school when I had a big ole shiner from playing TV tag (& running square into a baseball bat while the kid was practicing his swing :dohh::haha: That shoulda told me a lot - at 7!!!) :haha: :hugs:

DrH - Dash can probs answer a little better. But if you can't take gf juice you "may" want to consider balancing yoru pH using drops (vitamin store) as many believe that is why it works, but there may be additional reasons too (gf juice was an old wives tale but it seems to really work!). Also, I posted this list a while back but time for a repost. Warning - it can be very overwhelming! But, don't take it as you must take all of these things. I prefer to post this list so that ladies can kinda use their own intuition/gut feelings as to what may help them, as I believe that we all have at least some of the answers inside of us (its just getting to them that's the problem!). Oh & date nights around O sounds great - you do have to start being "creative" or its like robotic... :flower:

Crazy List of Supps:
https://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/fo...topic=226042.0

Pad - you ROCK ON party girl! :dance::bunny::ninja::headspin: I rock out/get my groove on almost every morning. Its amazing what some upbeat music & exercise does for the PMA when you start your day like that right? :thumbup: Scarring?! :shock: I think that happens when thyrioid is too elevated for too long??? What can they do about that - is it impaired forever now? I do know w/thyroid to make sure they monitor it very carefully - like you should be getting tested monthly at LEAST! Especially w/that scarring - unless that happened prior to your discovery & meds. Keep us updated & just keep rockin on sister! :happydance::thumbup: Btw, don't think I haven't noticed you are on a single-woman march & boycotting FF this month :haha: :winkwink: :hugs:

Now back to work - one more week of craziness I think (hopefully)... Big luvs & :hugs: to all of you lovely women!!! :dust: to those in 2WW!

Top 'O the Mornin to you ladies!

I'll catch up more later, but wanted to pop in for a quickie to share this with you. I was greeted by this first thing this morning as I walked out the door for my power-walk. Perhaps this means that one of us will be getting their rainbow baby really soon??? :winkwink: (a girl can hope! :happydance:)

(Course I tried to get the whole thing in 1 pic but quickly found out no matter how far you back up, you can't get the whole sky in one pic :dohh: :haha: Watch, I'll try it again next time, too...)

Ohhh pretty!!!
I hope its a sign!!!

Lil - what a great picture! It must be a sign waking up to something so beautiful! And yes, my uterus is a magician - she knows all kind of tricks :juggle:

pad - I'm rocking around to fun.'s "some nights" lately. I turn it up really loud and scream along. Doesn't help me in the morning though because I'm such a grump in the morning and I just can't stand any kind of noise. I need at least an hour before I function properly... :coffee:

tiger - good luck! Hope all goes well! :dust:

purps - :hi: Had cd4 test done this morning and waiting for blood results - if that turns out ok, I might be good to go for my next clomid/iui cycle :happydance:

Back to work! Have a great day ladies! :flower:

He he he... still have it all rocking on in my head... ahhh such a funny world I live in!

Lils... I am totally boycotting FF this month... we are not friends! Hahaha... will start again next month I think. If I decide we are friends again... just wasn't any point with the move and all that... no idea if I OV'd... let alone when! Wont do any good anyway with my blooming thyroid misbehaving! Dont think the NHS will do anything about it and certainly wont test me every month!

Anyways... Tiger how did it go?

Owl.. am with ya... I need breakfast and a coffee before anything!

Purps hows that half working doing for ya? LOL

Asry - I totally forgot this morning to ask you (as I need about 3 hrs to wake up!) - you said vitex delayed O, but did you have short cycles to begin with (was it a good thing)?

Owl - :haha: (uterine tricks). Let us know how CD4 results are - FX!

Pad - Maybe you & FF will kiss :kiss: & make up next cycle :haha:. But as far as NHS, that would be really bad if they didn't kick it up a notch? :growlmad: I mean, your numbers were pretty high & the scarring alone...??? :grr:

Well, I came on again because I must say goodbye as I am not going to have a computer for 3 WHOLE DAYS :shock::shock::shock::nope: :grr::trouble: I am not sure how I am going to survive....but alas, I shall do my best to carry on! [hand on head, sigh...] Computer is sick & has to go to the Dr. :nope: As you guys know, 3 days is like a month on BNB! So, farewell, my pretties - until we meet again! :hugs::hugs::hugs: I'm expecting everyone to be pregnant when I get back, so get to it :sex:! :)haha:)

(BNB too tough to maneuver over the phone & blocked on work computer as talking pregnancy may violate National Security or something :winkwink:)

:hugs::flower:

UGH! So I totally though I had this OPK thing down. I was testing 2x a day and thought I caught my surge last thursday. It wasn't as dark as the test line but it was close and then everyday after it got lighter and lighter. We did the deed 2x then I had to leave for the weekend. So today I am having major symptoms. ( stabbing pains and EWCM) so I took a test to to ease my mind. And it is positive and positive can be. UGH!!! now I am panicing and feel like I don't know what the heck I am doing. I guess I should feel good that I listened to my body but I still feel uneasy! Also, I am CD18 today, is that really late? In going back 3 months, I was as early as CD 12 and now laste as CD 18. What is going on??

Hi ladies,
sorry really busy at work today so didn't get on earlier!

Lils - beautiful rainbow! :thumbup: oh I hope it is a sign! Oh you poor Black Eyed - - - - - ! I swear it was my favourite flower before I e-met you! :hugs::kiss: I don't see the list of supplement when I click on the link you gave Dr.H ??? :shrug: Maybe I have to be a member of that site? OH NOOOO!!! no computer????:saywhat: what are we going to do???:shrug::paper::comp::trouble: Oh please come back soon!!!:hugs::kiss:

Owl - oh sorry hun - AF twice in one month!! Has she no mercy!!!??? Does the doc think that was AF -the short one? I have heard of women who bleed mid-month.... Hope the Day 4 testing goes great so you can get on with things!:thumbup::hugs:

Asry (and Lils) - thanks for making me feel better :hugs: I thought I was the only one out there who had that prob!!!:hugs::kiss:

Dwrgi - hope you are totally relaxing there hun....:sleep::sleep::hugs:

Purps - Don't work too hard! :hugs:yes I think the real name for the flower is Rudbekkia (or that is the family it's from)... but don't quote me!:winkwink:

Pad - OMG that damn thyroid!! :dohh: Glad you are spazzing out to your favourite tunes in the living room!:thumbup: You go girl!!! We spaz out occassionaly with AD - we especially like English Beat (ska music), The Police, or anything really - ranging from Michael Jackson to Florence and the Machine... Have to do it more :thumbup::hugs::kiss:

Tiger - how did it go today??? :hugs::hugs::kiss:

Janey - OMG when I first read your post I thought you had a positive pregnancy test!.... so I guess you mean OPK right?.. I think it can fluctuate -but sometimes I hear that our bodies try to release an egg and for whatever reason it doesn't and then can try again later that month....
Good luck!! :hugs:

Dr H - Re: retroverted uterus --hmm... I never knew they suggested lying on your stomach - but it makes sense! I don't know what I have anymore - as years ago they told me mine was tipped the other way and for years I thought that and went to another doctor and she said it wasn't... I need to ask this RE.
Re: nutrition advice - (okay you may regret you asked me :blush:):haha::haha:.... I am a real advocate of eating whole foods as much as possible... so not really a pusher of low carb diets or cutting fruit (or sweeter veggies like carrots) out. I believe you can lose weight by just taking out the bad stuff and filling with highly nutritious stuff (don't get me wrong - I have treats too)...But I don't like the idea of cutting out carrots or fruits because they have "sugar".... Also be careful you don't eat TOO MUCH protein -as the body can get really acidic - so you need to balance it with TONS of veggies if you do that. Make sure you still eat lots of good carbs - ie. yams/sweet potatoes, oatmeal, whole grain brown rice, quinoa are all good choices.... If you want to try the grapefruit juice -and are worried about the sugar - then eat the whole grapefruit - don't scoop it out with a spoon - peel it and eat it so the white pith is there and the fiber will help keep sugar down. Any time you eat something sweet ie. chocolate - try to have with a few almonds/walnuts to keep sugar from spiking and will keep you from craving more. As for the jello - well the psyllium is a good idea - but I don't like jello - it's void of nutrition - so make a smoothie instead!
(especially hate anything sugar-free - as artificial sweeteners are no good in my books)... SORRY I bet you are sorry you asked now!! :dohh::nope:
Sometimes the liver needs a boost when trying to lose weight - start your day with a room temperature glass of water and fresh juice of lemon (1/4-1/2 lemon) I would cut up a bunch and leave them ready in a airtight container... then wait half an hour before you eat anything. This gives digestion a kick -start!!

As for supplements -
-you can increase your CoQ10 to 300-400mg/day
-Take Fish oils (you can take all month long or take more after you're done with the EPO at ov)
- if you want to be more 'alkaline' you could add 'chlorophyll' drops to your water
- some of us who suspect we may have a clotting issue take baby aspirin and 5mg of folic acid/day (I don't know yet - but my sister had that issue)
- if your luteal phase is short - you can try to lengthen it by taking a B-Complex with high Pantothenic Acid (B5) and B6 in it.
- some people say cinnamon helps to lengthen a follicular phase (so I usually put 1/2 tsp in my smoothie in morning) between AF and Ov.... - also even if this isn't a problem for you - Cinnamon is great for maintaining blood sugar levels...
- things that help with egg quality - CoQ10, Cenitol (myo-inositol), Omega 3's, Royal Jelly

I can go on and on....:haha::haha::winkwink: Sorry you asked now???

Good luck with your RE app't on Sept 5th - Hey mine is Sept 4th!:happydance:

AFM - I am getting a bit sad working with a co-worker who is 8 months pregnant practically.... She is getting on my nerves a bit and now it's going to cause me more work -which makes me even more resentful!
Argh.....So hard to watch her with the giant belly and complain about how she is feeling... and so on.... She goes on mat leave in Oct.. I just hope that by the time she comes back next September that I will be gone on mat leave myself!!!
One can dream right??? :thumbup::winkwink:

hello and hugs to everyone I missed!!!! xoxoxo

Dr. H - wanted to share one of my recipes with you:

Quinoa “Tabouli” (a great summer recipe!)

Serves 4

This Middle Eastern Salad is traditionally made with bulgur wheat…try it with the most nutritious “grain” of all – QUINOA! (pronounced “Keen-wa”) It is gluten-free, high in calcium, protein, iron, fibre –you name it!
Note: Quinoa cooks just like rice (but a lot quicker than brown rice!) Cook 1 cup rinsed quinoa with 2 cups water for approximately 20 minutes (with lid on) It should fluff up like rice. Always add salt no sooner than the last 5-10 minutes of cooking.

3 cups quinoa, cooked and cooled (be sure to rinse grain in fine strainer before cooking to remove bitter coating) 1 cup grain = 3 cups cooked
2-3 tomatoes (plum/roma) (diced)
1 clove garlic, pressed
1 cup parsley (finely chopped)
½ cup extra virgin olive oil (cold pressed)
1 tbsp. basil (fresh, finely chopped)
2-3 chopped green onions
juice of 1 ½ lemons
to taste sea salt
pinch cinnamon (optional)
2 Tbsp. fresh mint (chopped) or 1 tsp. dried mint
whole lettuce leaves (romaine)

Place all ingredients (except lettuce) in a mixing bowl and toss together lightly. Chill for 1 hour or more to allow flavours to blend. Wash and dry lettuce leaves and use them to line a salad bowl. Add tabouli and garnish with a few sprigs of parsley. Enjoy!

and Dr H - here is my Smoothie recipe (I think I may have posted a long time ago) The Chia seeds fill you up and are more nutritious than psyllium...

My favourite morning smoothie … Protein, Omega 3s, super-antioxidants, fibre and loads of amazing energy! The raw cacao powder and gogi berries give it a nice flavour and energy kick- You don’t taste any spinach in there-trust me! I make mine in the Magic Bullet blender and just take the cup to sip on my drive to work. Great way to start the day!

Combine these ingredients in blender:
1 cup Almond Milk
½ cup water
2 handfuls of organic baby spinach (pre-washed)
1/2 frozen banana
handful of fresh (or frozen) blueberries
1 tbsp. organic Gogi berries
1 tbsp. organic milled ( ground) Chia seeds
1 tsp. organic RAW cacao powder (excellent antioxidant and energizing properties)
½ tsp. organic maca powder (optional) - you don't have to use this -it does change flavour

Once the above area blended, then add these and blend for only 10-12 seconds: (very important not to over-process these and add at the end-especially the fish oil)
2 tbsp. protein powder (ie. Pumpkin seed (or hemp) protein powder)
1-2 tsp. Fish oil (lemon flavoured)

If too thick you can add more water when you blend the last ingredients….

Ohhh Dash I must go and read the info on the supplements and vitamins. Just had a bunch of bloodwork done too, so that might shed some light on what's going on with me. Feeling like AF is coming, so perhaps a new start next cycle with new vitamins is in order.

Hi all! Just joined BnB. I'm 37, and am trying for my first baby. We've tried for 3 cycles now. We're taking a break this cycle, but will start trying again next cycle. I joined BnB because of the CoQ10 post... wow - really exciting results there with lots of BFP's! I'm taking a bunch of vitamins, and just added CoQ10 to the mix. So far, I'm taking a RainbowLight Prenatal One vitamin, RainbowLite Prenatal DHA Smart Essentials, 400mg Vit E, 1000mg vit C, extra 400mg folic acid, Calcium, and 200mg CoQ10. I'll probably up the CoQ10 to 400mg this week. I was taking EPA a while back, and stopped but I need to get back on them the first 2 weeks of the month b/c I really noticed an increase in CM when I was taking them!! Hope you're all having a great week!

Dash... spaking out? Mwahhaaa... that must have a different meaning over here to where you are! Hehehe... but I get what you mean... also love the Police!

Every breath you take... every move you make... I'll be watching you...

Kinda spooky stalkerish lyrics eh!

Love the quinoa recipe! My friend swears by it so I have started with it as an alternative to cous cous. I add walnuts, sesame and pumpkin seed. Also tastes great with some cranberry wendsleydale cheese crumbled in... oppps naughty!

Lils! Lils... can you feel us calling you!

Maddie.. has the witch come? I am on CD 30 and nothing... not a twinge... nothing..
Welcome Moon!

Hi everyone,

Aww, thanks again for the luck - always welcome! I'm doing this from my phone as laptop is being arsey (technical term!).

I had a bit of a bad reaction after the sedation, so was stuck at the hospital sometime. The Dr managed to get to the left ovary - might explain the pain! - and they managed to get 14 eggs. I was not expecting anywhere near that number, but still not out of the woods. Should hear from embryologist today, so we'll find out if they found any viable sperm in husband's frozen samples & if so, how it's going *entering nervous mode*

Again, it's out of our hands, so just have to hope for the best...

Love & :hugs:

C xx

Embryologist just called, they injected 9 eggs, but there's no fertilisation, so we're done. I can't even have a bloody drink tonight because of the antibiotics. Bo**ocks!

C xx

Embryologist just called, they injected 9 eggs, but there's no fertilisation, so we're done. I can't even have a bloody drink tonight because of the antibiotics. Bo**ocks!

C xx
:hug: I'm so so sorry to hear that! Hang in there. And I hope you feel better soon. My apologies for not knowing your story better, but are you going to try this again maybe? I can see from your signature that this was your first try. :hugs:

Oh Tiger - I am so sorry - that's crappy! big :hugs:
is there a next step?? (sorry if I am too pushy/nosey/your not ready to think about that yet etc)

is it metronidazole you are on?? (if it's a different abx - an odd drinkie wouldn't hurt, just def don't drink if it's those)

C xx

Oh Tiger - I am sooo sorry hun....:nope: I feel gutted for you...:cry: I know there is nothing I can say to help things.... but know that we are here if you want to yell and scream and vent your feelings.... Be kind to yourself and sending HUGE hugs your way :hugs::hugs::hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->