TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Dash... spaking out? Mwahhaaa... that must have a different meaning over here to where you are! Hehehe... but I get what you mean... also love the Police!

Every breath you take... every move you make... I'll be watching you...

Kinda spooky stalkerish lyrics eh!

Love the quinoa recipe! My friend swears by it so I have started with it as an alternative to cous cous. I add walnuts, sesame and pumpkin seed. Also tastes great with some cranberry wendsleydale cheese crumbled in... oppps naughty!

Lils! Lils... can you feel us calling you!

Maddie.. has the witch come? I am on CD 30 and nothing... not a twinge... nothing..
Welcome Moon!

Pad - oops -what does "spaking" out mean??? I said "spazzing" out.... meaning you are dancing violently around your living room...:haha:

Glad you love quinoa too - the cranberry, nuts and cheese idea sounds scrumcious!:winkwink::hugs:

BTW - "Every Breathe you Take" by the Police is my absolute ALL TIME favorite song.... I know I'm weird - it's a bit haunting... but I've loved it always - so much feeling in that song...:thumbup:

Hi Maddy - I hope you figure things out - and next cycle is bang-on normal!

Welcome MoonDust! -:flower: it sounds like you've got some good vitamins/supps happening.... I should say be careful with the Vitamin C - 1000 mg... I've heard conflicting arguments about Vitamin C with fertility - I think it helps with some things but also not good in some ways - I have to Google some more.

Hello to everyone else out there today!!! xoxoxo

Oh Tiger, that is exactly what happened to me last year (although we only had two eggs, but none fertilized). It is the worst feeling in the world ever. Such a huge anti-climax, as you get yourself all mentally prepared for a full IVF cycle. That is truly truly cra**y, and will use the fu&&ety Fu** as it is perfect for this occasion. Just curious, but did you do ICSI or IMSI? IMSI might be something to think about for next time, as I don't want you to give up because of this set back. Thinking of you and sending you HUGE :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:, Axxx

Dash-those recipes sound terrific. I'm defo going to try the quinoa (and thanks for the pronunciation, cos I was saying it phonetically). Big :hugs:

Janey-hi lovely. Get to it, if you're Oing now!!! Good luck! :hugs:

Lils-how will we cope without you for three whole days! Bad PC!! Hope you're okay lovely!! Rainbow pics were fab! Can somebody tell me please how to load photos on here-I am a dufus at that! :hugs::hugs:

Pad-I LOVE Mr Brightside!!! I also love 'All These Things I've Done'-I got soul but I'm not a soldier! Yes! Rock on!!! I love track 7 on Lady Gaga's latest CD-I don't speak German but I will if you like; I love the Foos (my God, I could EAT Dave Grohl alive. OH calls him Dave Growbag, but that sounds like sour grapes to me), and I love Duran Duran. Stereophonics' 'Bartender and the thief' (FANTASTIC), and anything rock pop really! Strangely, they were playing The Police's 'I'll be watching you' over brekkie in hotel this morning, and I said to OH the lyrics suggested a stalker!!! What a weird coincidence!!! BTW, back to BnB, hope the witch stays away for the next 9 months! FX for you lovely!! xxx

Dr H-good advice here re. omega 3, CoQ10, etc. Vit E is also important, D6 for implantation. The list is so long, I'll try to dig deep into my brain. But good luck! IVF is a breeze really, it's the thought of it that's the worst. :hugs:

Purps-hi lovely!! :hugs:

Welcome Moondust! Good luck!

Owl-good luck with the tests. :hugs:

Maddy-love the attitude. New cycle new start!!! Good luck!

Lots of hugs to everybody and hope you're all okay!:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Had fab few days away; really re-connected with OH too, which was fab. I sooooooo love that part of the world, was a real wrench coming back, only for MIL to SALIVATE over my OH (ych a fi). Get a life woman! Well, am coming to terms with not being able to conceive myself, but am certainly not ruling DE out. Just need a bit more time to process. Ho hum, will get there, I'm sure. Now, I need to diet after eating nothing but high fat for four days!

Big :flower::flower::flower::flower: to everybody!

Dwrgi - welcome back hun! :thumbup:so glad you got to re-connect with OH.... funny how TTC doesn't seem all that important when we get away from our everyday lives ???:shrug: We need to win the lottery so we can take a trip around the world and f*@K it all!

Take your time deciding re: DE.... and don't put too much pressure on yourself..

Glad you had a great time!:hugs::kiss:

Padbrat, Purplelou, Dashka, Dwrgi, Thanks for the welcome!! I'm so glad I found this forum! I see a bunch of ladies have younger husbands too... I'm 37 and hubby is 29.

Tigerlily, I am so sorry - I wish I knew something more to say. :hugs:I hope maybe you'll be able to have a little drinkie soon!!

Janey, Do you think you could be ovulating twice a month (is that possible?!)? Or maybe your body is doing the thing where it gears up to ovulate but then waits a few days and finally decides to release one later? That's definitely confusing but it does sound like you're ovulating at least once, so that's great news!! I did the OPK's the past 2 months and am mostly sure I got a positive half-way through my cycle, but those things are so hard to read. I stopped doing the OPK after I got the positive, but now I'm wondering if I should do them for the week following the positive too to see if I get a positive again.

Dashka, Wow, I didn't know that 1000mg of Vit C could interfere with fertility. I'll have to do some reading too and see what I find! Thanks for the tip!! I take a lot of vitamin C to help ward off colds, but if it interferes with makin babies, I'll take a cold instead. I'm also drinking at lesat a cup a day of whole milk, as I keep reading that's supposed to be a huge help. I can't say I've noticed any difference in drinking it other than it makes it easier to gain weight! But it's so delicious, so I'm enjoying the excuse to drink whole fat milk.

Hope you all are having a good Wednesday!!

Tiger I'm so so sorry honey :hugs: especially for you :hugs:

Lils I think you looked at my chart while I was messing about with it :blush:

Welcome moondust :thumbup:

AFM I got a positive OPK but FF doesn't agree. I'm now unsure if I O this month :nope: I thought I was doing really well but my Cycles are getting worse. Is there any chance that my possible chemical in July has messed up my cycle this month.

I have just applied for a new job, which is only 6 miles down the road and next door to the best nursery in town. Pay rise too. I so want this job [-o<

We also had a full rainbow last night all the way over our house it was beautiful. Then about midnight I lay in bed with the curtains open (I often do that because we are in the middle of nowhere and on a clear night the stars are amazing) and I saw 2 shooting stars. What do you think ladies a positive sign I hope so.

Tiger I'm so so sorry honey :hugs: especially for you :hugs:

Lils I think you looked at my chart while I was messing about with it :blush:

Welcome moondust :thumbup:

AFM I got a positive OPK but FF doesn't agree. I'm now unsure if I O this month :nope: I thought I was doing really well but my Cycles are getting worse. Is there any chance that my possible chemical in July has messed up my cycle this month.

I have just applied for a new job, which is only 6 miles down the road and next door to the best nursery in town. Pay rise too. I so want this job [-o<

We also had a full rainbow last night all the way over our house it was beautiful. Then about midnight I lay in bed with the curtains open (I often do that because we are in the middle of nowhere and on a clear night the stars are amazing) and I saw 2 shooting stars. What do you think ladies a positive sign I hope so.

Those are all positive signs lovely!!! I hope you get your BFP very soon, Axxx
P.S. I haven't seen a shooting star in years! On the night that I did, I met my first real love. Sigh!!! Good luck! :hugs:

Embryologist just called, they injected 9 eggs, but there's no fertilisation, so we're done. I can't even have a bloody drink tonight because of the antibiotics. Bo**ocks!

C xx

Dammit :grr::grr: :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Dwrgi, I think like me with the adoption, it will take a little time for the DE thing to sink in and tell you whether you want to do it or not, so just keep sleeping on it my friend :hugs::hugs::hugs:

chicken, that sounds lovely with rainbows and shooting stars, must be a good sign, fingers crossed you get that job :hugs::hugs:

Lils, 3 days away - that is not allowed :brat: :haha:

Pad, you are a nutter :haha::haha::hugs:

Moondust - welcome :flower:

:hi: hi everyone else :hugs::hugs:

Mirium, Purple, Dwr,
Sry for the late reaponse/thank you. I've been involved with work (therapuetic)! Thanks for the advice! I finally got a pos OPK. Things are back to normal. I feel like I am now past the denial and sadness stages of infertility. Is there a stage after? ;) Acceptance? I feel less anxious, and more at peace. At least for now! Thanks ladies :) I'm in the 2ww, and no longer even care to take a PG test. If it will, it will. Expectations are low, but I'm no longer stressed.
Ciao!

Tigerlily, so sorry to hear the results :hugs::hugs:hope you feel better soon :flower:

Asry - I totally forgot this morning to ask you (as I need about 3 hrs to wake up!) - you said vitex delayed O, but did you have short cycles to begin with (was it a good thing)?
Ok, I checked my journal and I rememberd it wrong, it shortened my cycle, thats what it did. I always had O around cd15-19 and short LP so it was not good. Anyways its said to be natures clomid (!!), and after that I started 6 months of real clomid and that did no good to me either so...:wacko:
But there are lots of women who swear by it, and do get bfps:happydance:!!! So no harm trying :flower:

My reflexologist tought me to start drinking this "molkosan" drink which balances PH, and take Sepia officinalis-pills, took those too (what didn't I try :haha:) anyways, from those I do have a good feeling - but thats prob just becouse of the success happend round taking those.

:hugs::kiss: to you all!!:flower:

Awwww Tiger... frikin holy crapola! Can't believe it! I am raging for you chick! That is completely PANTS!!!! Giant grey stinky PANTS!!!!

What a huge coincidence that me and Dash were talking about Every Breath You Take and you heard it on hols! OOOOO freaky maleaky!! How was the break? Where did you get to? Am trying to look at options for Xmas for me, OH and the dog... would be nice to not have to do the family thing for once I think! Any ideas?

Dash I am not as organised as you to do a recipe... I just bung it all in, have a taste and adjust accordingly! LOL

What the heck are those pills you were taking Asry???

Fly... you and me are thinking the same!!

Butterfly... what news on the adoption process? What stage are you up to?

Chicken I so want to see a picture of the night sky from your window... sounds magical!

So... today I will mostly be listening too..... B.O.B

Can we pretend that airplanes in the night sky are like shooting stars... I could really use a wish right now, wish right now...

(Just for Chicken) x

hi all have been lurking a while.

tiger-so sorry about ur results.hope ur doing a little better.x

moondust-welcome.

dwrgi-did u take the dogs on ur trip?we keep looking for nice places.glad u and oh had a grt time.

much love and baby dust to all the lovely ladies on this thread.

afm not much going on.in 2ww and symptom spotting like crazy as no school to take my mind of it.have got boyf on wellman conception so fingers crossed that helps.my doctor who knows the history and said to make appt to discuss has apparently left the practise so am a bit in limbo.still waiting for clinic referral 3 weeks after being re-referred and no one to talk to.i can't face retelling the story to another doctor!depending on the day that can be smiles or tears :).

hope everyone has a lovely day.am off to the farm with my cousin and her kids.

vx

Tiger - I'm so sorry to hear about your results....sending you BIG :hugs:

Moondust - Welcome!:flower: Lovely group of ladies on this thread :thumbup: I think you will like it here!

Padbrat, Dash and Dwrgi -- is it weird that I was currently listening to the Police when I was reading your thread? Coincidence? I think not!

AFM - Currently on CD20, the crazy CBFM has not given me a peak reading yet, only highs. Although, FF said I ovulated on CD17...hmmm...I felt some cramping a few days ago. Well, time will tell!! :shrug:

I also used softcups and mucinex -- really could tell a difference in CM with the mucinex. And the softcups were very easy to insert. If you've ever used a diaphragm or cervical cap, it inserts the same way. And I tried the SMEP plan...my poor DH...:sex: and more :sex:!

Anyone else use a CBFM (now or in the past) and never get a peak? I'm assuming that I just missed my LH surge between tests.:dohh:

I hope everyone is having a fabulous day!! Wishing you all the best and sending lots and lots of :hug: and :dust:!

Tiger - Oh no!!! I am so, so sorry honey :cry: :hugs::hugs::hugs:. I think u had explained u only had 1 cyle via NHS? :nope: Any chance 4any followup cycles - at all??? I'm so sorry honey - sending big huge :hug: to u. Post when u can...

(sorry - on my phone!)

grkprn - this thread is awesome! It gives me lots of hope and the support is so wonderful. :flower:

chickenchaser - oh I looooove shooting stars!! That's definitely a lucky sign! I used to wish on the first star I'd see at night (haven't done that in years).

butterfly - hi!!

nessaw, it's so hard *not* to symptom spot!! I never noticed what my body was doing so much until I started TTC. The first 2 months I swore I was pregnant, but nope. Now I notice symptoms all the time LOL.

It's funny you all keep mentioned the Police. I can hear that song in my head (Every Breath You Take) every time one of you mentions it....

We're taking a break from TTC this month... our kitty got really sick last week, so we had to take her to the animal ER. They couldn't figure out exactly what was wrong, other than she had some sort of infection (very high white blood cell counts) in her stomach/intestinal area... they gave her a shot of antibiotics and within about 2 days she was 100% better. But of course a couple days later, I started wondering what it could have been and I realized that a digestive system infection for a young kitty (she's 14 months old) could be toxoplasmosis!!! So, of course I freaked out, did tons of reading, called a dr here asking if I should get a test for toxo b/c we're TTC... did some more reading online... and finally came to the conclusion that we should just wait a month to TTC again. My reasons are that for a normal, healthy adult, if you get toxo, you start producing antibodies to it and your body gets rid of it within a couple weeks, and you never have symptoms. It's also extremely rare to pass it along to a baby if you get it before you conceive (unless it's immediately before). If you get a fever and have flu-like symptoms, then it's more of a chronic case, and you need antibiotics and should wait 6 months to conceive. I decided not to get tested for it, b/c you can still have high amounts of the antibodies that indicate a "recent" infection up to TWO years after you've had it! (there are 2 types of antibodies you produce, and the amounts of each vary depending on how long ago you were exposed). So, meh... I'll just wait a month and make sure I don't get the flu. If I do, I'm totally getting tested and getting antibiotics, but otherwise, I'll assume I'm fine. My hubby changes the litter now that we're TTC and he knows about toxo. We call our kitty "toxo-kitty" now. She doesn't seem to mind. LOL I just wish I could try this month... but I think it's better to wait this one out just in case.

:hi: ladies! Attempting 2at least keep up some from phone but this is 2hard :growlmad: & gotta get back 2work. But Ill fix that link whenever I get my computer back & post proper!

Dwrgi - :hugs::hugs::hugs: Take ur time honey, there's no need 4rush decision on that one...

Luvs 2everyone else & welcome Moonbeam :flower:!

Guess I hav2 start preparing 4 Hurricane Isaac 2nite! :shock::wacko: I just HAD 2say it didn't I Fro?! :dohh::growlmad:. If you're lurking get 2the gas station now as its already a mad house out there... Hopefully Ill get my computer back b4 Hurricane comes (Sun/Mon?) so I can post proper - lots 2say but this really sux on phone so just sending big luvs 2all u lovely ladies & hugs to those going thru tough times - so sorry! :hug:

Pad I will try my best to get a photo for you but past experience says night sky photos don't often come out. XXX But yes it is beautiful.

Hi ladies!

Chicken - GL with getting that job!:thumbup: Great signs with rainbows and shooting stars....:thumbup: I don't think I've ever seen a shooting star in my life...:hugs:

FlyF - yay on +OPK and moving forward :thumbup: Yes stress is a big factor (although most doctors will say it has nothing to do with infertility - I don't agree)

Pad - I am like you -don't follow the recipes much -just love cookbooks to get ideas from... I have many recipes already typed up from my days when I was doing nutritional consultations - so had them on hand...:hugs: Yes let's agree that we can make a wish on airplanes in the night sky.....nice one.:thumbup::hugs:
(but we don't want them to FALL like the stars....:winkwink:)

Nessaw - GL with the Doc situation - oh I hear you re: having to re-tell your story to people - it gets really depressing... I find my story is so long that I have it written out on paper (in point form) so when I get to the doc -it is less for me to remember details and I can just ramble it off (reading) without actually connecting to emotions as much... Good luck!!:thumbup::hugs:

Grkprn - I think we should make THE POLICE our official TTC band... that is pretty cool I'd say...:thumbup: BTW - your chart is looking good! Sorry I don't use the CBFM (only the opk strips):hugs:

Lils - how are you doing hun - hope you get the computer back tomorrow!!!
we miss you!!:hugs::kiss:

Dwrgi - what are you up to hun ? Hope you are enjoying the sunshine and the rest of your holidays ....:hugs::kiss:

Hello to everyone I missed!!!:hugs::kiss::hugs::kiss:

AFM - CD11 today -nearly had a heart attack this morning when I put my temp in and FF said I ovulated 3 days ago on CD8.... I said 'impossible'!! as all my opks have been negative until today and then I got a +opk today and entered it and FF changed it's mind... thank God... I was getting worried there.:shrug:
So think I'm either going to ovulate today or tomorrow. Going to acupuncture tonight.... she does it differently if you are before ov or after ov so not sure what to tell her as it may be today! :shrug: Oh well -at least it will be relaxing...

xoxo Baby dust to all!:hugs:

:hi: ladies! Attempting 2at least keep up some from phone but this is 2hard :growlmad: & gotta get back 2work. But Ill fix that link whenever I get my computer back & post proper!

Dwrgi - :hugs::hugs::hugs: Take ur time honey, there's no need 4rush decision on that one...

Luvs 2everyone else & welcome Moonbeam :flower:!

Guess I hav2 start preparing 4 Hurricane Isaac 2nite! :shock::wacko: I just HAD 2say it didn't I Fro?! :dohh::growlmad:. If you're lurking get 2the gas station now as its already a mad house out there... Hopefully Ill get my computer back b4 Hurricane comes (Sun/Mon?) so I can post proper - lots 2say but this really sux on phone so just sending big luvs 2all u lovely ladies & hugs to those going thru tough times - so sorry! :hug:

Oh Lils - we cross posted!!! oh hun I saw the hurricane news this morning coming to Florida early next week -EEKK!!! STAY AWAY FROM MY LILS and FRO!!!:grr::grr: Seriously - I hope it isn't too bad and that it misses you somehow....:thumbup: :hugs::hugs::hugs::kiss::kiss::kiss:

Moondust - hope kitty is okay now :hugs:- but that is a good idea to wait out the month just in case re: toxo.... (mind you I don't know anything about it - only have a dog)..
Good luck!!

Asry - hi hun!! nice to hear from you - I just looked up the "Molkosan"... it sounds like it works much like probiotics... I take probiotics every morning and just recently started having 1/2 glass of kefir before bed (like yogurt -but much more beneficial -this one has 10 strains of bacteria added) As for the 'sepia' -that is interesting - I just looked it up as I'm totally into homeopathic stuff - and it says it is the ink from cuttlefish...traditionally used to treat menstrual and menopausal symptoms....
Hope you are doing well hun.....:hugs::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->