TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Thanks pebble have ordered them. Had a look at costco but only 150 rather than 200 and not sure what softgel capsules are. I'm rubbish at swallowing tablets. I let my vitamins dissolve in my mouth. Thats why i don't have a pg vit cos they're so big! Wimpoid!!

Ness, I am also useless at taking tablets :dohh: So basically I chew up a bit of biscuit and swallow it with that, does the job :thumbup: Oh and it's a shame I have to eat a bunch of biscuits :haha:

:hi: welcome beryl :flower:

Welcome beryl.

Butterfly I've tried them with jam which didn't work. Might give biscuits a whirl. If it doesn't work at least I get a biccie!

Thanks Butterfly for the welcome :flower:, love the biscuit suggestion.

thank you neesaw as well:flower:

Beryl, welcome to the thread! Jump in whenever you want; it'll never be too full on here! Xx

Hi Beryl, welcome. Just jump in everyone is welcome here, we even keep hold of our preggos and mummies. If I was you I would start off from here trying to go back and catch up is hard enough when you have only missed a couple of days (we are a very chatty bunch) If there is something you are not sure about that you have missed just ask, someone will explain.
Welcome again.

Hi Beryl, welcome. Just jump in everyone is welcome here, we even keep hold of our preggos and mummies. If I was you I would start off from here trying to go back and catch up is hard enough when you have only missed a couple of days (we are a very chatty bunch) If there is something you are not sure about that you have missed just ask, someone will explain.
Welcome again.

Thank you Chickenchaser, will do :thumbup:

Thanks for the advice on OPKs, everyone! I got some of the ICs from Amazon, along with more HPTs. I’ve only peed on a stick a very few times so far—all that is about to change!

Happy viability day, pad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

Welcome, Beryl. Nice avatar. :winkwink: Hope your stay here is short and sweet.

Ness, the same company with the CoQ10 makes lots of vitamins in gummy form. You could end up with a whole bag of candy every day!!! Have to say I don’t understand letting vitamins dissolve. :sick: Don’t they taste bad? You must be pretty tough!

Special bigs hugs and dancing for LadyH and DrH. The H-gals are not allowed to leave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We who are not UTP need our inspiration! And the good laughs. DrH, CANCER--:shock::shock: :shock::rofl: :rofl: Sheesh, he must have been relieved!

Dash, thanks for the advice about the EPA. Boy, this could get expensive!

Good luck, and have fun catching that egg, Chicken!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :sex: :sex: :sex:

Emily, sorry you got AF.:hugs: But really, isn’t it better to get the full TTC experience!? :winkwink: :haha: But seriously, hope you get your BFP soon. I know this stuff is much harder when there isn’t a quality sperm dispenser nearby. :haha:

I think that’s all I missed, but I’m probably wrong. :hi: to everyone!!!!!!!

AFM, the early AF was a teaser. Is half a tampon spotting or AF? :shrug: I decided it must be spotting, because there was nothing for about 48 hours, then she came in earnest this morning. So this month begins SMEP! But it will have to wait until both OH and I return from travels, which will be CD10. I think I’ll try the 2/x day OPK method to start, then maybe increase if I start to get a surge. :shrug: Let the peeing on sticks begin!!!!!

Hugs and love and kisses to all! Not to mention loads of
:dust: :dust: :dust:
With so many ladies bringing in the big guns of IUI and IVF in the next few months, there are bound to be lots of BFPs!!!!! :happydance: :happydance:

Welcome, Beryl!

Pebble, full-on ttc experience. Ha! Well, I do like to have lots of new experiences.

Padbrat, that's a lot of stuff. My head is kind of spinning from it all. Sometimes I think I should add something like aspirin to help with implantation, or progesterone cream since I have only a 12-13 day luteal phase, but I know it's only on the short side of enough and perhaps I should give not throwing everything under the sun at it a chance for a couple of months first. I have young (mid-twenties) enthusiastic donor with a prior pregnancy, 38 isn't ancient, and I have no reason to believe that everything isn't ok despite my sister's fertility issues. I had the whole battery of fertility tests run when I was 35 and my insurance did cover it, and everything looked perfect three years ago. (I've since changed health insurance and it no longer does, so I'm just crossing my fingers that things haven't changed too much. I was planning on starting then, but things don't always work out according to plans and I had to delay things.) I didn't have anything out of the ordinary done, and I'm not even sure what I did have done, but I'd mentioned to my obgyn that I was interested in getting pregnant so she ordered my hormone levels checked and everything looked great. Now my insurance is just so-so, so it just covers a yearly visit to a nurse practitioner. Fortunately it will cover maternity care, but no fertility care so I'm trying to avoid any fertility visits if I can possibly use the DIY method. Damn, what I wouldn't do for my old insurance, but I got laid off a few years ago so I'm just glad to still have a decent income and insurance. Thanks, economy.

Nessaw, I'd recommend the gummies. I saw gummy prenatal ones yesterday. I don't know if they have them in the UK but maybe you can find them online. I learned to swallow pills with M&Ms when I was a kid because I hated the liquid of what you call paracetamol so much. Now I can take the worst-tasting adult liquid medicine if I have to, but learning to swallow pills at six years old got me out of having to take that horrible cherry liquid. Also, I think softgel capsules won't be any easier to swallow than pills. They are sort of a suspension so that they dissolve quickly, but they still need to be swallowed and aren't going to chew. They'll probably get stuck in your teeth if you try.

RdK - I hope you get good news. I am normally pretty regular but a couple of times in my life I've had a strangely long cycle for no apparent reason (like 42 days), and I've never had any chance of pregnancy before this past cycle.

Happy Monday everybody :flower: I read and caught up last night while on nightshift but just as I was about to start a long reply a blasted emergency case came up and it got really busy. Blast that work, getting in the way of my BNB-ing :growlmad:

Special welcome to Beryl :kiss:

Pebble my cycle mate, hope this is our month :dust:

Happy Monday everyone. The snow has hit here over night but haha I'm on leave from work for the next 3 day. Looks like I will need to come up with some indoor activities :haha::winkwink:

Pebble i take them with an orange vit c chewable one so it covers the yucky taste! Not much snow here. Just enough for snowballs at afternon play.x

Welcome Beryl! :flower::winkwink:

Pebble - ya it does get very expensive that's for sure .... think if I put together how much I've spent in the last 11 years on supplements I could have funded a few IVFs at least! -but oh well ...I had to try it my way first :blush: and now still taking them to improve chances of IVF success.... Sorry AF got you hun :cry: :hugs:damn her....

Maddy - saw the damn witch got you too - sorry hun :hugs::nope: Good luck this month - do you go for baseline scan tomorrow?

Chicken - enjoy your snow! and 3 days off:hugs:

Hope everyone has a great day :hugs::hugs::kiss::kiss:

hugs and luvs to all :hugs::hugs::kiss::kiss:

Hi ladies. WOW - it was busy on here this weekend!! I love having lots to read from you all on Mondays.

Pebble - Ugh I'm so sorry for having to travel to the conference!!! At least San Diego is a great town. And you are right - you can enjoy some wine. Hope you have a better week. The whole TTC process is so draining and hard. :hugs::hugs: And so glad to hear that your doggie is better. My surge times would vary the months I used OPKs... but they are so useful. I used them twice a day (around 11am and 5pm) and when I started to see a 2nd line, I'd test more. My surge was sometimes at 1pm, and sometimes at 8pm, even with a pretty regular cycle. But wait... you just said you only spotted? Any chance you'll be testing for something else now??

Purps - sounds like a nice cozy day, staying inside when it's raining!! Oh I miss the rain so much (I live in the desert, and we don't get a lot). :flower:

Butterfly - Great great news that systems are go for IVF!!!! :happydance:

Emily - So sorry for the witch striking. So glad you have such a great relationship with the :spermy: donor. You definitely will be doing him a favor for future relationships. :hugs:And so glad you can enjoy a glass of wine now :hugs:

Mirium - keeping my FX for you!!! :flower:

Chicken - wooohoooo for the FS appt!! It will be here before you know it!! Hope you had fun pouncing on DH :winkwink::haha::hugs:

Hi nessaw - not sure if you saw, but I replied to your Q in my journal about CoQ10 brands. I took Nature Valley and then switched to Costco brand. Both seem fine to me with no side effects. :flower: I started off with 200mg to make sure it didn't upset my tummy (make sure to take it with food as CoQ10 is fat soluble), and then increased to 400mg and then 600mg. The gummy ones look the tastiest though!!! :thumbup:

Kismet - hope you're feeling better and enjoying some time with Mulder and Scully. I used to LOVE that show!!! :hugs:

Rdk - hmmm maybe time to see a dr! Hope you get some answers soon!! :flower:

LadyH -
You're over half way there!! It's going by so fast!!:cloud9:

Pad - :happydance::happydance::happydance:on v-day!!!

DrH -
Happy 15 weeks! Must be so fun to see a bump. And glad you have sorted out the wedding date!! Just think that when you get married, you will already have your family... you won't have to wait!!

Beryl - welcome!! :flower:

Maddy - hope work calms down a bit and you have a good rest of the day!! :flower:

Samsfan, Lils, Dash, and all the other ladies - hi and hope your week is starting our well. :flower:

AFM -
tested this morning with a FRER and got a BFP. I've had some symptoms that were pretty similar to last time, so it isn't too much of a surprise. I've also gotten some nausea which is new this time around. I guess that's good?? I am happy, but more worried. I don't think I'll allow myself to get excited until I hear a heartbeat. I miscarried last time at 6 full weeks.... I am going to cut my CoQ10 to 300mg for a week or so. I'll keep taking the Wobenzym N for a couple weeks too. My eyes were really bloodshot last week and I had to take lots of prednisolone eye drops... so I got pretty worried that I was PG and my body was going on a killing spree. I guess we'll see. It was very windy here last week, so I'm just hoping it was allergies causing the eye issue and not some immune system response to the PG. They've gotten better now, thankfully. I really hope I can carry this one to term.

Moon :):):):):) have written in ur journal. Will follow ur idea of starting with 200 and going up. Hopefully it will work just as well with me!x

AFM -
tested this morning with a FRER and got a BFP. I've had some symptoms that were pretty similar to last time, so it isn't too much of a surprise. I've also gotten some nausea which is new this time around. I guess that's good?? I am happy, but more worried. I don't think I'll allow myself to get excited until I hear a heartbeat. I miscarried last time at 6 full weeks.... I am going to cut my CoQ10 to 300mg for a week or so. I'll keep taking the Wobenzym N for a couple weeks too. My eyes were really bloodshot last week and I had to take lots of prednisolone eye drops... so I got pretty worried that I was PG and my body was going on a killing spree. I guess we'll see. It was very windy here last week, so I'm just hoping it was allergies causing the eye issue and not some immune system response to the PG. They've gotten better now, thankfully. I really hope I can carry this one to term.

OMG! This is wonderful news. I'm so happy for you! Praying that this is a sticky bean! :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->