TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Moon -
:yipee: Congrats on your :bfp:! :happydance: That's awesome! I totally understand about waiting for hb. Then waiting for next scan...then next. Its nerve-wracking but really, the chances of you being in the unlucky RMC category like me are only 1%, so no need to be super-worried. Cautiously optimistic then? :flower: Are we getting betas???

Moon -
yay girl!!! :happydance::happydance:fantastic news!! I am praying this is a sticky one for you!!:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Purps – thanks that makes me feel better (about asthma meds). I think I’m going ot take for 1 week & then just use the rescue inhaler if it gets bad. My case is mild enough, I believe (but its really weird to have to catch your breath just walking to the kitchen!? Its like 20 ft & no stairs). Hope you & the lil fam are doing well :flower:

Kismet – yeah I just got yelled at by asthma/allergy Dr as my epipen was expired – last Feb :haha:. Oops. Thanks for the reminder to carry 2 as I only carry 1 as its already a PITA. They are very scary & to think “each succeeding one is worse than the last” is a very frightening thought. What could be worse than having your dad about to perform a tracheotomy with a ballpoint pen! :wacko: :nope: Poor dad. Thanks for the steam info, I’m thinking about getting those personal steam-breathing things for both asthma & sinus. Sorry to hear you are feeling unwell & its CD1 :growlmad:. When is next FS monitoring/appt then? LOVE X-Files – on Season 6 right now, but watching the in-betweener movie first :winkwink::thumbup: (many fellow scifi fans here)

Moon – (this I wrote before seeing your news) :hugs: How dare you take off that much time! :growlmad: :haha: I was wondering about you but remembered something about coming back in Jan., so held off on the PM. Hope you enjoyed the hols & time off – even the super-secret BD sessions… :)shhh:) :haha: That’s very fascinating with the Wobezyme stuff. I’ll have to look into that later on myself – thanks! Never had even heard of it for TTC or backs so sounds like a real find! Hoping this 2WW ends quickly & happily – welcome back! :dust: (& it did! :winkwink:)

Chicken – yay to appt in 5 wks & good :spermy:! Hey you two have to do what you are both comfortable with. TTC can take a lot out of a relationship – especially if you are not quite on the same page, so I’m glad you are talking & making plans together. :flower: Now, time to get on it! Pun intended! :sex: :dust:

Dwrgi – that is a serious silver lining pointing out getting asthma due to pregs vs the big MP! :haha: You are completely right there, lady as getting asthma due to MP would suck 20x worse! How are you doing lovely? Shit. Just saw your chart. :nope: I must prescribe lots & lots of chocolate & :beer: (cider) & sending huge :hugs: & :kiss: across the pond.
Aw, thanks hun :hugs::hugs::hugs: The 37-wk guy is Perinatologist, while OBGYN gets you to 40 or whatever it ends up being. :thumbup: Don’t worry, I’ve never gotten that far & am total dufus when it comes to such things, myself!
Big CWTCHES & will get to the journal soon –

LadyH - :haha: that’s a good one!!!! :hugs: lovely!

Dashka – :hugs::hugs::hugs: Things will get better for you, but I put more in your journal about this. Hoping the asthma won’t be too bad also. Thanks for deodorant info, I’ll let you know what I find that’s good (Florida-tested & all :thumbup::haha:). I do hope things calm down for you soon hun. And booooo on stupid :witch: - hate her :growlmad::grr::trouble:!!! Lots of choco-almonds for you. Big :hugs:

Pad -
Happy V.D. at 24 weeks :yipee::wohoo: That’s an awesome hurdle to surpass, hun! Thanks for pulling for me too – means a lot! :flower:

Ness – oh no, you too? :witch: I’m going to have to get out the baseball bat pretty soon here as she is wreaking way too much havoc :growlmad::trouble:. Pleas ehave lots of :wine: & treat yourself nicely. LOL on the bf comment! Hey as long as he knows where to stick it & you tell him when, that’s all he needs to know! :haha:. Good luck w/that one! (what are guys from Yorkshire usually like? :blush:). I took 600mg/day & was advised by various Dr’s here that it’s the optimal amt. No side effects for me.

Pebble - I use the same prog. cream (for good luck) :thumbup:. Oh #@#$&@$^& on the :witch: arriving! :grr::trouble: She’s a serious bwitch! Please have lots of :wine: and… is there such a thing as vegan chocolate? :winkwink: Oh BOOO on the conference, can you have :wine: for breakfast? That sucks, you poor thing getting bombarded like that :hugs:. Thanks also for the deod info & website. Glad pup is better! I also tested 2-3x/day w/digi as my surge came all diff times & I sometimes missed it as my window may only be 2-4 hrs.

Emily – lots of :wine: for you too! Yeah, it is tough to bond with those who get pregs right away. We are happy for them, congratulate them & they leave – that’s the extent usually. But I can imagine the under 35 threads are way worse w/that! :nope: Honestly, what you are doing helped all of us get through TTC – we’d add something new/diff each month so that the next cycle would be even healthier & that’s how I ended up on 32 supplements! :rofl: (it was actually a total of 32 pills a day – some supps were 3 pills each) :haha:. Feel better soon :flow:.

BF – I posted more in your journal but I’m just so excited for you! :yipee: Its all going to work out great, hun. :hugs::flower:

Mirium – good luck tomorrow!!! :flower:

Rdk – perhaps see a Dr if nothing in a few more days? Mine was 28-days for a while but then just switched to 5 weeks just like that. You never know but a HPT should have shown up by now unless you O’d way later than you usually do.

DrH – G’Day mate!
Happy 15 weeks!!! :happydance: So, what did the big boss say about your “lil health problem”? :haha: And when’s the wedding now lovely lady? Wish I could see a bump pic – are you FB friends w/Purps?

Thanks for the well wishes – the high risk OB/Perinatologist was the 8-wk guy – going to see him every 2 wks & he took over prescribing all of my meds (as my others were at the end of their “6 month trial period” from various Dr’s) & I loved him. He’s really nice & knowledgeable & will see him for scan every 2 weeks. :thumbup: Whens your next one?

Beryl – welcome :flower: As far as when to start on this thread, you’ve taken the first step :haha:. You don’t have to read back if you don’t want to – its up to you. I ended up getting cheaper CBE digi prices on Amazon so may or may not be true for you (& they’d just deliver them monthly – no thinking on my part!). LOVE Bc – used to snowboard Whistler & heliboard Pemberton every year! (til my 6 back surgeries in 2010 – due to such snowboarding! :wacko:) Beautiful though.

Pebble – btw, what’s the P stand for in UTP? :rofl: Do we have a new version now? :haha:

Maddy – onto IUI first right? Yay!

Enjoy the snow UK ladies! :cold::xmas8::xmas7:

Big LUVS & HUGS to all! :hugs::kiss: I’m off to call the MIL & BITCH HER OUT like never before in my entire life!!! :growlmad: I'm so pissed I don;t even want to say it here bc I will use too many explicatives! Wish me luck!

Yeah, except that both of my serious allergies were anaphylactic/ER ones! :wacko: Other than these sneezy, crappy tree/dust/whatever allergies, that is.

AFY -
Usually an evap if too much time has passed, but that was a pretty dark line for an evap & had color to it??? Do a Clear Blue Digi test tomorrow - says Preg or Not Preg! I pray its not a chem with that serious AF you have - did you test pre AF at all or this is the first time? Will hope for you :flower:

Moon
OMG, that's fantastic! Congrats! :happydance:

Twiggers, welcome! You've probably heard this, but coming off BC some ladies will have very odd cycles for a while. Then again, some get pregnant their first cycle. Good luck and lots of :dust: to you!

Moon
Yay! So happy for you. What a great late-new years early-Valentines present. Sending sticky thoughts.

Kismet
Oooh, hope this is it hun. :kiss:

Twiggers welcome :)

AFM, CD2 today and back on meds for 2nd IUI cycle. IVF consult next month if this one doesn't work....

Welcome to the newbies! I hope you get a lot of support from this thread! Lots of knowledgable women, all with their own internal database of information! Good luck!

Lils-why are you going to ball MIL out???? Tell, tell, tell!!! Big :hugs::hugs: to you lovely lady! AND MAKE SURE YOU GET THAT SECOND PEN!!!!!! :nope::nope::winkwink::winkwink:

Padster-way to go!!! Am very pleased for you! :hugs::hugs:

Ness-grr, evil hag. Lots of chocs, and wine and pampering for you!!

I am being really thich here, but Lils, how do you know that your surge was so short? Is it cos you went through a time of POAS every hour to watch the second line get darker, and then lighter??? :nope::haha: Do you have to BD immediately that you get the surge?? It's my understanding that the egg will hang around for twelve hours tops, so you need to catch this window. Please educate as I'm going a bit :wacko: thinking about it!

Love to all, Axxxxx:hugs::hugs:

P.S. No snow in S Wales. :nope::nope::nope:

Hi all, just a quick very exciting update...got my super clear :bfp: this morning!!! Super excited and soooooo relieved! Thanx for all the support and input. Will keep you updated as soon as I've been to the drs. Only next Monday. :happydance::cloud9:

Rdk -
That's great - Congrats on BFP! :flower:

Kismet - Oh no, those internet cheapies are ruthless! :growlmad: Lots of :hugs: for you.

Maddy - good luck w/meds.

Twig - :hi: & welcome! No worries, you are only 35 so thats on the young end of our spectrum! To me it means, "if you want one, get off your a$$ & start trying now just in case". That's all. But it does feel good to get all the right parts poked & prodded & have them take buckets of blood from you just to see what you are dealing with. Having more knowledge never hurt anyone's chances at TTC, so I say go for it in a couple of months. Good plan you have.

Dwrgi - Ah, the OPK. When I got to about CD18 or so, I would POAS 3x/day or so. So, a few times I would go at 11am, nadda (I have smiley face ones), then at 2pm - smiley! Then at 4pm - nadda again. And sometimes I would just experiment & do more later/the next day, etc just to see if it would show up again. I figured out I usually have like a 4hr window - but thats just to catch the smiley face/LH surge so I know "its coming" & to ramp up the :sex: sessions. Ovulating was another story as sometimes it was a full 48 hrs after. Sometimes was very next day, so it varied. I hope I cleared up the confusion! :wacko::winkwink:

Ok, so the MIL... Major, major "Enter At Your Own Risk" sign here...

AAAHHHHHHHHH, I am going to effing rip her head off!!! I am so ANGRY I am nearing the point of utter rage! :growlmad::growlmad::growlmad: After all of this RMC & LTTC & the heartache we have been through, I allowed DH to tell her as long as she kept it quiet as part of our inner circle type of thing (as she knows about the past ones & if I do mc, we would tell her so may as well include her on the good news too - not just the bad). More prayers are always good in my book, too. So, after he said not to say anything, I have ALWAYS told her not to say anything AND reminded her of that secret this pregnancy what does she do? She effing went & told DH's aunt!?!? And today we get to find out if she told his effing SISTER too! Are you fecking KIDDING ME? Not ONLY did she violate our trust (for life - she will NEVER be told anything ever again!) but even worse - she ROBBED us of the only good news we (potentially) may EVER be able to share in our entire lives!!! :cry::cry::cry: OMG the sheer & utter anger I can't even put into words or I may get kicked out of BNB - this is a once-in-a-lifetime thing for DH & I - if it even happens mind you - and she took that from us FOREVER so that SHE could have all the glory in telling people - ARE YOU EFFING KIDDING ME, IS THERE NO FUCKING END TO YOUR SELFISHNESS!!!??? And after everything I have been through???!!!! :grr::grr::grr: :trouble::trouble::trouble:

DH is so PISSED! I don't have to tell you how utterly LIVID I am! @#%$^%&^* And if she told his sister, she's getting another phone call today & it will be 20x worse than what I handed her yesterday, God help her soul if she did! She said "oh that just slipped out, it wasn't done maliciously, I was just so happy.." I don't give a flying f*ck, you ruined EVERYTHING for us because as usual you were thinking of YOURSELF! And now that the cats out of the fecking bag I feel more pressure than ever with this pregnany. OH - and she had the nerve to say "don't be mad, don't stress out, you aren't supposed to be stressing out! NO F*CKING SH*T SHERLOCK you have your SELF to thank for that!!! I wanted to reach through the fecking phone & rip her head off after that genius fecking comment! And of course the aunt was like "but why didn't you tell me" "am I not close enough to you not to tell me" & now we get to deal with that SHIT, too. :devil::devil::devil::finger::finger::finger::evil::evil::evil::ban::ban::ban::gun::hissy::hissy::hissy::sadangel::sadangel::sadangel::brat::brat::brat::sad2::sad2::sad2::cry::cry::cry: :gun::gun::gun:

Sorry for all the curse words, I kept going back & retyping but my hands wouldn't allow it on some. And you guys know me - Reiki master, zen girl, meditation, peace & love to all, but I can blow when its something really bad & this to me is a very, VERY serious, life-altering, relationship altering, violation of my & DH's trust & she can go take a hike if she thinks we are going to be buddy-buddy after this BS! :gun:

Dwrgi, aren't you glad you asked? :haha: It would have been 10x worse if I had typed it out yesterday.... :blush:

Lils:

Oh my goodness! :hugs: I'm sorry mil betrayed your trust like that! What a load of extra stress and anger you totally don't need!! Ugh!!! I have no advice, only hugs of support. :hugs: :hug: :hugs: :hug: :hugs:

Rdk -
That's great - Congrats on BFP! :flower:

Kismet - Oh no, those internet cheapies are ruthless! :growlmad: Lots of :hugs: for you.

Maddy - good luck w/meds.

Twig - :hi: & welcome! No worries, you are only 35 so thats on the young end of our spectrum! To me it means, "if you want one, get off your a$$ & start trying now just in case". That's all. But it does feel good to get all the right parts poked & prodded & have them take buckets of blood from you just to see what you are dealing with. Having more knowledge never hurt anyone's chances at TTC, so I say go for it in a couple of months. Good plan you have.

Dwrgi - Ah, the OPK. When I got to about CD18 or so, I would POAS 3x/day or so. So, a few times I would go at 11am, nadda (I have smiley face ones), then at 2pm - smiley! Then at 4pm - nadda again. And sometimes I would just experiment & do more later/the next day, etc just to see if it would show up again. I figured out I usually have like a 4hr window - but thats just to catch the smiley face/LH surge so I know "its coming" & to ramp up the :sex: sessions. Ovulating was another story as sometimes it was a full 48 hrs after. Sometimes was very next day, so it varied. I hope I cleared up the confusion! :wacko::winkwink:

Ok, so the MIL... Major, major "Enter At Your Own Risk" sign here...

AAAHHHHHHHHH, I am going to effing rip her head off!!! I am so ANGRY I am nearing the point of utter rage! :growlmad::growlmad::growlmad: After all of this RMC & LTTC & the heartache we have been through, I allowed DH to tell her as long as she kept it quiet as part of our inner circle type of thing (as she knows about the past ones & if I do mc, we would tell her so may as well include her on the good news too - not just the bad). More prayers are always good in my book, too. So, after he said not to say anything, I have ALWAYS told her not to say anything AND reminded her of that secret this pregnancy what does she do? She effing went & told DH's aunt!?!? And today we get to find out if she told his effing SISTER too! Are you fecking KIDDING ME? Not ONLY did she violate our trust (for life - she will NEVER be told anything ever again!) but even worse - she ROBBED us of the only good news we (potentially) may EVER be able to share in our entire lives!!! :cry::cry::cry: OMG the sheer & utter anger I can't even put into words or I may get kicked out of BNB - this is a once-in-a-lifetime thing for DH & I - if it even happens mind you - and she took that from us FOREVER so that SHE could have all the glory in telling people - ARE YOU EFFING KIDDING ME, IS THERE NO FUCKING END TO YOUR SELFISHNESS!!!??? And after everything I have been through???!!!! :grr::grr::grr: :trouble::trouble::trouble:

DH is so PISSED! I don't have to tell you how utterly LIVID I am! @#%$^%&^* And if she told his sister, she's getting another phone call today & it will be 20x worse than what I handed her yesterday, God help her soul if she did! She said "oh that just slipped out, it wasn't done maliciously, I was just so happy.." I don't give a flying f*ck, you ruined EVERYTHING for us because as usual you were thinking of YOURSELF! And now that the cats out of the fecking bag I feel more pressure than ever with this pregnany. OH - and she had the nerve to say "don't be mad, don't stress out, you aren't supposed to be stressing out! NO F*CKING SH*T SHERLOCK you have your SELF to thank for that!!! I wanted to reach through the fecking phone & rip her head off after that genius fecking comment! And of course the aunt was like "but why didn't you tell me" "am I not close enough to you not to tell me" & now we get to deal with that SHIT, too. :devil::devil::devil::finger::finger::finger::evil::evil::evil::ban::ban::ban::gun::hissy::hissy::hissy::sadangel::sadangel::sadangel::brat::brat::brat::sad2::sad2::sad2::cry::cry::cry: :gun::gun::gun:

Sorry for all the curse words, I kept going back & retyping but my hands wouldn't allow it on some. And you guys know me - Reiki master, zen girl, meditation, peace & love to all, but I can blow when its something really bad & this to me is a very, VERY serious, life-altering, relationship altering, violation of my & DH's trust & she can go take a hike if she thinks we are going to be buddy-buddy after this BS! :gun:

Dwrgi, aren't you glad you asked? :haha: It would have been 10x worse if I had typed it out yesterday.... :blush:

Response in my journal!!! :kiss::kiss:

OMFG, Lils, that's terrible!!!!!!!!!! :grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr: So sorry that what should be a joyous time for you was tarnished by such childish and selfish behavior. I hope you can shake it (and her) off quickly so you can go back to being happy happy happy!

My mother lost her inside information privileges by telling a whole bunch of people about my miscarriage against my wishes. One of the people she told allllllllllllllllllllllllllllmost outed me on FB for it, but one would have had to of been quite perspicacious to understand her comment. Then I deleted it. I don't understand what makes people think they can talk about what is happening in someone else's uterus like that. Seriously, I WOULD NEVER. I honestly don't get how people can be can be that dumb.

Kismet, I missed your post yesterday, so I only saw your bad news today. So sorry! :hugs: :hugs: Ain't nothing like dashed hopes.

I leave for my conference first thing tomorrow, so I doubt I'll be on BnB much in the next few days. Not sure what my internet access will be like.

:hugs: to you all!!!

Kismet, I have written in your journal xxx

Lils, OMFG what on earth was she thinking. I think you have the total right to not tell her anything from now on. But you now need to pit it to one side you need to think about you and your little one. XXX stay safe XXX

Moon and Rdk, I'm so happy for you both congratulations.

There is lots of good news on here again at the moment xxxx

Welcome twitters, I hope your stay here is short and sweet. X

Rdk :)

lils I don't blame you for going crazy. I often think if am lucky enough to get pg again we won't tell anyone til gone 20 wks scan.

Kismet am so sorry hun. I wish I had words to help you feel better. Big hugs and take care of yourself.xxx

anybody know how to do a spoiler when in mobile view on a phone? I can do it on normal comp!doofus.

Afm. Big day tom-appt with fertility clinic and think I get to poas for cbfm too! Fun fun fun!!

Welcome twiggers. Hope u get back to normal cycle quickly. Good luck.

Vx

Totally selfish, negative post. Don't read if you're not in the mood:

I'm sitting here crying, just wanting to give up on TTC. :cry: :sad2: That evil evap feels like the last straw. :nope: I'm 39 with probable PCOS and endo (which will likely be confirmed if I ever get the nerve to go for my results). Who the hell am I kidding? To prep for TTC, I had to get off my benzodiazepine drug. Even when you're in a good place psychologically, which I was, it is months of absolute hell! The worst is over now, but I feel like it's aged me by 20 years. I look terrible. I feel terrible. My mind is shot, I'm exhausted all the time, I feel like I can't work, and there's nothing I can do to fix it. :sad2: To get through the acute phase, I would tell myself it's for baby, but now it looks like baby won't come. It's not fair. It feels so unfair! I know I sound like I'm being dramatic, but I've been through so much, I just want to stop. I want someone to hold me and make this insanity stop. Now. :sad1:

Kismet
HUGE :hugs: to you! I think I've been feeling about the same way. A bunch of people who got pregnant after my m/c and miscarried after my m/c recently just got pregnant again. And I'm still sitting here waiting waiting waiting. Sometimes I have to dig pretty deep to remind myself that I really am happy for them. And I AM. I'm just ready to feel happy again myself, and there's no sign of that yet.

I don't remember your full back story, so I don't know how similar what I've been through is what you've been through. I didn't know about the benzos--believe me you did the right thing there! I have little doubt that was terribly difficult! Benzos are notorious that way.

I don't know if a kick in the pants will be helpful to you, but I really think you should go to the doctor's. It's quite possible that something is wrong such that you will never get pregnant on your own. I don't know that, but wouldn't it be good to find out? You could potentially save yourself months of frustration if you can be proactive about any problems. On the other hand, you may find out that nothing is wrong and save yourself a lot of worry. I know it's scary, but I don't think you'll do yourself any favors by just waiting.

Edit: Sorry if this isn't what you needed to hear right now. I've just seen other BnB women postpone doctor's visits for months, only to find out that they weren't ovulating or similar and that all their anticipation and heartbreak was for naught. I mean what I wrote here to be helpful and supportive, and I apologize if it doesn't seem that way. :hugs:

Anyway, we're all here with you in this journey, all we (well, most of us) totally understand how you feel! I'm sorry this hasn't happened for you, but I hope 2013 is your year!!!!

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->