TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

True I was umming and aahing about how long to wait but after being on here I went to gp and got tests going and then referred. I echo what lil said about the cd21 tests. My gp didn't listen to me when I said my cycles weren't 28 days and as a result kept being told I wasn't ovulating. Clearly I was cos I got pg.

Lady h
sorry its a little late but happy v day!

lils-loving the journal!

Afm-early ov theory confirmed by cbfm this morning. Got my peak on Cd9. Poor boyf felt the pressure but we got there in the end!!! Am going whole hog this month-legs up etc.

Going to test with an opk later cos I've never seen the surge=saddo. I reckon we've missed it each month. Bding just after af finished and not always getting round to it before d10. Fingers crossed.

Keeping fingers crossed it snows again today. Would love a snow day on mon.

Love to all.vx

But I refuse to sacrifice certain things in my life that I love, with travel being #1. I know the travel will change. We'll be doing Disney cruises in the future as opposed to our 'adult' cruises and more US travel/road trips, and doing Disney all over again, etc. But you can still take a small child to Europe or Asia.

DH laughed when I said I'm taking the kid to Africa for a safari LOL

As a travel lover I would have been amazed if my parents did that for me. I see too many college kids who are afraid to leave Texas!

Love it Twiggers. We move countries & cities regularly for my work and my two kids (no longer kids, now a teen & a young adult) have been to places many adults would not go. It's been so much fun!

True I was umming and aahing about how long to wait but after being on here I went to gp and got tests going and then referred. I echo what lil said about the cd21 tests. My gp didn't listen to me when I said my cycles weren't 28 days and as a result kept being told I wasn't ovulating. Clearly I was cos I got pg.

Lil-Thanks for the list! Wow! I'm going to print that out and take it with me when we go to the clinic. I'm hoping we don't have to wait too long to get in...I'm going to call next week after I get the FSH done.

Nessaw-That makes me feel better. I keep telling myself I'm being too impatient...then I remind myself that time is not on my side.

How long have you been using the CBFM? I was relying on the opks, but I'm using the CBFM for the first time this cycle. I've been spotting for four days, so I'm just waiting for a true flow to start. :dohh: and hoping the monitor gives me more accuracy. Like you, I ovulate pretty early...usually CD 10.

Good luck with the BD'ing...hopefully you'll catch it this cycle. :dust:

Oooo Lady H

Happy happy happy V day lovely! Congratulations chick!

Lils you are a total geek! :haha: I say that with great love!!! xxx:hugs:

True this is my first month with the cbfm too. Used to use opks but cd never catch a surge just fade in and outs. Much happier with this.

Twig I have to say that i used the CBFM for a while and i know that Purps has success with it, however, I have to say FF worked for me... much as I hated it!!!

Nee I didn't get the benefit of a snow day.. was in bloomin hospital so wasn't in work anyway! Boo! Apparently more to come on Monday!

I figured it out all by myself (pat on back), nevermind! :happydance:

Where is it then, there's no link :growlmad::growlmad::haha:

I think a shorter list of tests that you might get on the NHS is:

Day3 - FSH, LH and Prolactin
Day 21 - Progesterone

:dohh:

Pad, what were you up to in hospital? :flower:

lol @ adult sitter! I was an admin asst before I went back to school in my early 20s, so I know how tough of a job it can be!

Our study abroad program is going to Paris for 11 days and Amsterdam for 10 days. Since I'm already in Europe I am hitting up Copenhagen and Oslo for a few days.

Figure it might be awhile before I can travel if we get a bfp soon. I'm really conflicted too....I LOVE my summers abroad and DH will be a SAHD, so he can bring the baby. So I really don't want to be 7-9 months pregnant around May 2014 and I'd like the child to be at least a few months old to travel. So I really need to get knocked up quick! Or at least within 3-5 cycles.

But at the same time I know my "advanced age" can't handle any months off of TTC.

How do you all feel about this...being 35+ and TTC #1 you all had full lives before this. It's going to be so crazy when/if it happens. I am 2 years into my tenure clock, so people think I'm nuts.

But I refuse to sacrifice certain things in my life that I love, with travel being #1. I know the travel will change. We'll be doing Disney cruises in the future as opposed to our 'adult' cruises and more US travel/road trips, and doing Disney all over again, etc. But you can still take a small child to Europe or Asia.

DH laughed when I said I'm taking the kid to Africa for a safari LOL

As a travel lover I would have been amazed if my parents did that for me. I see too many college kids who are afraid to leave Texas!

Hi Twiggers

Sorry if I'm a bit late to this conversation. Our situation is a bit different, but similar in a way. DH and I have done some travelling but not as much as we would like. We've had some education but not as much as our peers. At our age, we lived a lot of tragedy and and illness, all of which got in the way of travelling and education. At an age when most people our age own homes and have degrees and advancing careers, our lives are just starting - we are on the cusp of improving our lot in lives, going back to school - finally, maybe finally doing the travelling we wanted - hopefully retiring - but no! Crazy heart not head directed fools that we are, we get hit by baby lust and the whole, "now our lives are our own" gets turned on it's head. But not matter how much we try to talk ourselves out if it, there's not arguing the fact that we are miserable without a family of our own. And courses will have to be done online, and income expectations will have to be lowered. And visualizing ourselves in London or Melbourne with a car and a decent home back in Canada all seem quite empty without a child with us. We kick ourselves, but anytime we decided with our hearts and not our heads we were always right.

Sorry, that may have gotten a bit off topic, but well whatever, it's Saturday aft, and we've had couple of drinks - after a long dry spell, we've earned a few glasses.

So cheers to all us oldies hoping for our baby despite having achieved or almost achieved the grown up life of our own we were after:hugs:

Hi All,
I know I have been missing for so long you may not remember me. I was on the thread early to mid last year as DH and I were TTC. We decided to pursue adoption last year, but I could not resist the chance to come by and see who had gotten a BFP.

Awesome to see Purple's baby pics. So precious.
Lil--the size of an olive--so exciting. I didn't get through all of the old posts so please let me know if I have missed anything.

Any other good news?

We are just starting on this new journey which very different from TTC (more like TTGALTGYAB-trying to get a lady to give you a baby). Lol. Should be interesting. Hugs and continued good luck to all of you. Maybe I'll TTC again in the future.

At an age when most people our age own homes and have degrees and advancing careers, our lives are just starting - we are on the cusp of improving our lot in lives, going back to school - finally, maybe finally doing the travelling we wanted - hopefully retiring - but no! Crazy heart not head directed fools that we are, we get hit by baby lust and the whole, "now our lives are our own" gets turned on it's head.

Oh yes Beryl, I know EXACTLY where you are coming from. All those wonderful experiences of travelling and living overseas was great and I would never trade it. I am a much better person because of it. But it meant marrying late, moving back to Australia with a spouse that didn't speak English and couldn't find work, struggling financially and then buying our first home at 40yo in a dodgy suburb on the edge of the city cos that's what we could afford. And somewhere in there we decided we would add try to a child...I feel like we are totally behind the 8-ball in so many ways.

:hugs:Ah Bless Maddy. My husband is Australia and I'm Canadian and we were as poor as f*ck when we met, but all the immigration bullshit and hell of waiting and exhausting our savings and abandoning our education to be together was worth it. Our best of luck to you and your hubby, may you have a beautiful healthy baby in your dodgy suburb which no doubt houses some lovely neighbours as well as the bogans.:flower:

Ipenn-how lovely to see you! I did wonder whatever became of you. I knew that you were going to give TTC a knock on the head for a while. The new plan sounds really exciting, and I sooooooo hope it comes to fruition sooner rather than later! Let us know what you have to do; I'm sure it might help somebody else too!

Let me see how has got preggers!

Lady H is expecting a baby girl in the Spring.

The Padster (Padbrat) is expecting a little boy about the same time (is this right, girls?).

Dr Squid-expecting twins through donor sperm IVF.

Dr H (don't know if you know each other) is expecting a little boy.

Moondust-very newly expecting.

Mirium-about ten weeks gone (is this right?).

Off the top of my head, I can't remember any more, but am sure there are those that my amnesia needs a kick in the butt for. :haha:

Good luck to you, hope you drop by soon,
Axxx:hugs::hugs:

Hi ipenn! Lovely to see you again! Your new plan souns very exciting! Where are you at so far? Do keep us updated if you have time? :hugs:

ipen wow so great to hear from you. I've wondered often how you are. Only other news was Frolicky and Asry have had their babies, both boys since you last visited, and we've got lots of lovely new ladies on here too xxx

Hey BF! Yes, I had a lovely (not) week in hospital, came out Friday. I had a pulmonary embolism, but fortunately it was picked up quickly before a big clot could form and now I am on higher doses of Fragmin and it will continue for up to 6 wk post birth. Have to say it scared the c**p out of me! But I seem to be fine now x

Dwrgi you are so good at remembering all that... and yes, you are spot on I am early May and LadyH is a couple of days after (I think lol).

Twig I always peed for CBFM first thing in the morning as the urine concentration was greater.

Good luck with your plans Ipen!

oh my lord Padster.. frightening... So pleased you are ok... Clots can be a right pain the chest and can be serious... thank goodness!!!!

No news here... am working hard on the work and the study front.. hours of study ugghh and am so tired, I fall asleep on the couch all of the time... eg tonight three hours... tv blaring partner talking to me.... nope nothing!!!!!!!! Good dreams!!!!1

Dwrgi so pleased to hear you got your furbaby back! Thank goodness....

Ipen good luck for your new plans.

Purps, she's gorgeous and now double digits!!!! Unbelieveable...

Lils can you believe it... A journal and progress!!! WOO HOO!!!!

Maddy homes are homes, not houses in great suburbs..... True love is true love.. God knows DH is going through an expensive divorce.... ouch!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->