TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Hi ladies,
so sorry I'm finding it really hard to keep up on here lately.... work is getting pretty busy now..:wacko:

Ness - DAMN!!! I'm so sorry about the BFN hun....:hugs::hugs: I know how you feel - it sucks! ... :grr: AF arrived on Sat. for me.... Damn her!

Maddy - have everything crossed for you hun!:thumbup::hugs:

hope everyone is doing ok.....:hugs::hugs::hugs::kiss::kiss::kiss:

Welcome to the newbies!:flower:

AFM - AF:witch: arrived on Sat.... damn her :grr:so I'm CD3 already. LP only 12 days again...so I didn't get to test either.:nope: Pulled a back muscle on the weekend (dancing with AD - man I'm getting old) -it really hurts when I sit. Well 1 more month til IVF (actually less because I think I'm probably due to get next AF on Feb 27th now so will get baseline scan on CD2 -Feb 28th? That's my prediction anyway) I'm not really looking forward to it.... but this will be the end for me - if it doesn't work we are calling it quits for TTC. sigh..... Hoping the stuff he'll give me for immunes will do the trick this time.... [-o<[-o< Going for acupuncture tomorrow night -I need it!!

Had a little accident over the weekend. I used a different hair removal cream which I turned out to be sensitive to. It has burnt all my arm pits. It so painful. On the positive side at least I didn't do my legs and bikini as well.

Welcome to the newbies you are always welcome XXX

Hi to everyone, I hope you are well.

Emily if you are suffering with your cold (which can be a good sign by the way) try hot lemonade with a spoon on honey in it. A couple of paracetamol with it will also make you feel better and safe if you are Preggers. Hope you feel better soon.

Dash we crossed posts, Sorry AF got you but role on next month. Will be sending you so many happy sticky vibes you wont know what to do with it all. LOL

Oh ladies, I can barely lurk these days – so sorry! THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR THE BDAY WISHES!!! :hugs::hugs::hugs: Work’s been nuts, guest just left & another coming Wed :wacko:, tax season & not feeling “the best” lately! Need to make this quick so I can get back to work so I’m not fired & my creditors will be happy :winkwink::

DrH – so sorry you are cleaning up the flood mess yourself but hoping after Sunday morning it is all pretty much done??? Oh & :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9: Now I know what you meant in my journal – couldn’t figure out what you had meant (autocorrect! :haha:)

Chicken – Ugh, damn that frickin b:witch: :grr::grr::grr: Big :hugs: hun – I’m sorry.

Dash – you too that pimple-faced, green ugly, wart-infested, hog-nosed, nasty :witch: needs to stay away from you!!! What the hell is wrong w/her! :hugs:

Maddy – Sending sticky :dust::dust::dust:!!!

True – yeah IUI would be better. But if you are not ready for something like that I was curious & googled the “turkey-baster method” :)blush:) & some say you can have success from it??? Not sure how that works, I’m afraid (not really turkey baster, but syringe as you know). I learn something new every day! (I love letter )i) – did you know about that one, eh? :haha:) https://www.babymed.com/home-artificial-insemination-get-pregnant-turkey-baster-method

Kismet - are you a :test:’r?

Owl – Thank you for taking my :wine: - you are so generous! :haha: GL on those injectables!!! Hint: ice the area first til numb, then inject, then ice again. This will create less pain & bruising. :thumbup: GL :flower:

Moon –
Almost 7 wks - Congrats! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Pebble – some of that Professor-speak was above my head but BOOO on them bc it sounded very bad! And sending some super-sticky :dust::dust::dust: Also 7DPO is just “around peak” but 6-8DPo is just fine as they are peak too. Supp’s – I know you should only take prenatals, any extra folate & B’s & then anything special you need- like progesterone, steroids, blood thinners, etc. if those are prescribed (Well, you can do prog cream w/o any worries as you can’t have too much prog, really & they’ll be testing you anyway). Anything else talk to Dr about at first appt. You can also look it up: https://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginformation.html (great source I us e- for meds & for supps!)

Dwrgi –you too!! :dust::dust::dust:

Ness - :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Pad -
Happy 27 weeks! Only 13 weeks to go - WOW!!! :yipee:

Emily- some people feel better not drinking but the baby lives off of the yolk sac for a while until the placenta develops enough to start nourishing it. I can’t remember exactly when – I think 7 or 8 weeks? If alcohol in the 2WW was a huge problem then I think we’d have no Americans, Canadians, Uk’rs, Aussie’s, French, Germans, Russians – basically all of the Americas, Europe & Aussie’s would be wiped out! :haha: (forgive me if I forgot someone’s country & its also full of alcholics – just add please! lol). Also only 5% of mc’s are related to things like alcohol, drugs, stress, & poor habits (combined). Really up to you though hun.

Whoever had the cold – Tylenol, Sudafed & Benadryl are all safe for preggers, so if you want to use pregger standards in 2WW… (also great – double-dose of Emergen-C!!! blast your body w/absorbable vits). See this link for "safe meds" for various ailments: https://women.webmd.com/pharmacist-11/pregnancy-medicine

Welcome new ladies!!!

Hello all old ladies!!! :jo: :winkwink::haha: I can’t name everyone – no time but I love yo all & thinking of all of you & wishing happy thoughts! :hugs:

AFM – My Team won the Superbowl!!! :yipee: (I’m orig from Baltimore). Sorry Kismet – it was really close though hun! :hugs: Sister left yesterday & now my other one is coming into town w/a friend on Wed. Ahhhh, can a sister ever get any :sleep: around here?! They pick the WORST POSSIBLE time too – 40th Bday festivities, worst part of tax season, feeling ill so much, dealing w/insomnia as it is, work nightmares & just a very sensitive time right now (espec this week). Anybody else want to come & stay? Hey why not – Hotel Sluz seems to be open for business! And its free – even better! :haha: More in my journal about tomorrow’s “happenings”…very nervous. :nope::sad2:

Big luvs, :hugs: & :kiss:

HI Twiggers
I have ordered clear blue ovulation indicators (20) so should last a while. The BF said we won't drink at all around O time (although not big drinkers anyway) Will see how next month goes but guessing the 14th is O day !! Nice valentine present I hope ....

Hoping that I see some BFP on this thread from someone , so at least I know it is possible.

Kismet: CA-125 is tumor marker for ovarian cancer. Ppl with endometriosis usually have slightly elevated CA-125. It's expected unless it is 100x over the normal range. I'm sure you have nothing to worry about :)

I can't stay up-to-date on the thread either. Work's taking up most of my time. Just want to welcome to all new members. May your stay here be short but sweet. :)

AFM, I received disturbing news from my doctor. She said chances for me to conceive naturally is very slim due to some past infection in my left tube (hydrosalpinx) which is secreting fluid that is hostile to sperms. :cry: There is no way to clear up the fluid and due to my age, she doesn't think it's wise to put me on clomid and suggested that I go straight for IUI. But the success rate is only 10% and lower for me as the fluid is hostile to embryos too and decreases the chances of implantation. She is also not sure if I'm ovulating because my progesterone on CD22 is on the lowish side (25.8 vs above 30) although FF says I am. My other hormone levels are fine and DH's swimmers are good too. So the problem lies with me. :cry::cry::cry: I'm not sure if I should go for IUI or at least try clomid for a few months first. I just turned 40 last month...

Bfn. Have had enough. :-(

Oh Ness, I am sooo very sorry. I completely understand how you feel. A BFN is always hard, especially if you've had symptoms too, to get your hopes up.

Dr Dwrgi prescribes lots of chocolate, wine, hugs, lovely baths with candles, and general pampering! Thinking of you, and big :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Kismet: CA-125 is tumor marker for ovarian cancer. Ppl with endometriosis usually have slightly elevated CA-125. It's expected unless it is 100x over the normal range. I'm sure you have nothing to worry about :)

I can't stay up-to-date on the thread either. Work's taking up most of my time. Just want to welcome to all new members. May your stay here be short but sweet. :)

AFM, I received disturbing news from my doctor. She said chances for me to conceive naturally is very slim due to some past infection in my left tube (hydrosalpinx) which is secreting fluid that is hostile to sperms. :cry: There is no way to clear up the fluid and due to my age, she doesn't think it's wise to put me on clomid and suggested that I go straight for IUI. But the success rate is only 10% and lower for me as the fluid is hostile to embryos too and decreases the chances of implantation. She is also not sure if I'm ovulating because my progesterone on CD22 is on the lowish side (25.8 vs above 30) although FF says I am. My other hormone levels are fine and DH's swimmers are good too. So the problem lies with me. :cry::cry::cry: I'm not sure if I should go for IUI or at least try clomid for a few months first. I just turned 40 last month...

To be honest, I'd go straight to IUI or even IVF/ICSI if you can afford it. Time isn't on our side, and it's best to bypass the treatments with lower success rates. Plus, you'll be stimulating follicles which you want to hold onto for the big guns of AC!

IVF/ICSI will bypass the scenario of hostile sperm.

Sorry to hear this, though; news like this is always a blow. Big :hugs::hugs:

Greenleaf - sorry about that news ... that is a tough thing to hear for sure :hugs::hugs: But i second what Dwrgi posted.... it's a good thing that you have this information now (as opposed to later) so that you can use it to go to the next step if you are able/ready. Sending you tons of :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Kismet - good luck this cycle - hope what Greenleaf said about the C125 test made you feel a bit better -would definitely ask your doc about it to help ease the worry too. :hugs::hugs:

Twiggers - fx for you....:thumbup:

Pad -
Happy 27 weeks!!!!! :happydance:

Lils - just wrote in your journal - but sending you HUGE :hugs::hugs::hugs: and Positive ~~~~~ for today!! good luck hun!!!:hugs::hugs::kiss:

Hello and hugs to all!!!!:kiss::kiss::kiss::hugs::hugs::hugs:

AFM - back pain was excruciating last night but more manageable today -hope this goes away soon...Plus I have a huge headache. I have acupuncture tonight :happydance: I'm sure that will help. Soo cold here I'm soooo done with winter.... Hey Lils - if you need someone to work at Hotel Lils....let me know:haha::haha:

Oh, Green, that's terrible news! :nope: :cry: So sorry you're in this position. As Dwrgi said, it may make sense to go straight to IVF. Would you have any insurance coverage for that? I hope you find a good solution soon. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

I'll do a longer post later. Nothing new on my end. Just 7dpo with no symptoms other than being superduper grumpy. :grr: I'm really sick of all this.

Green sorry about ur news. Am echoing what the other lovely ladies have advised.

Afm attempting to regroup. Struggling to find my silver lining this month. Bfn with fmu today @16 dpo but no af.

As pebble says am sick of this!!

Is it friday yet?!?!?

Love to all.vx

Nessaw - Am so sorry. It's so cruel to get symptoms and a BFN. :hugs::hugs: Am sending lots of positive thoughts that it happens soon for you. :hugs:

Emily - FX for you. Definitely understand your worries about "oh no, what did I do??" If you do decide to take a break if this month isn't it, definitely keep posting here if you're up to it. Lots of us have had to take breaks for various reasons and the support on here makes the waiting more tolerable. :hugs:

Maddy - GOOD LUCK!!!!:dust:

DrHouse -
Happy 18 weeks!!! :happydance::baby:

Pad -
Happy 27 weeks!!! You're almost to 30!! Not long now!! :cloud9::baby:

Dash - Dang AF. I wish she would just stay away!!!!! But in good news, March is less than a month away now. Fx fx fx. And am SO SO sorry about the back pain!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know how horrible that is. Good to hear you have accupuncture to do its magic tonight!! :hugs::hugs:

Chicken - ouch on the hair removal!!! Glad to hear it was only the under arms. Hope it gets better soon!!

Lils - :hugs::hugs: Am hoping you can get some rest even with everything that is going on right now!! :hugs::hugs:

Kismet - Am glad to hear the TWW is going well. Keeping my FX for you!!! :flower:

Greenleaf - :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Pebble - Sending lots of positive thoughts that you will have a happy surprise very soon. :hugs::hugs:

Hi to the newbies and all the other ladies!

AFM -
I made it to 7w0d today. Yesterday I had some cramps that were pretty scary. I used some sick leave and stayed home from work and rested. I know it could just be the uterus stretching, but I hate that feeling -it just makes me feel sick. My first appt. is next Tues. 2/12... hopefully we'll get to hear the heartbeat then!!

Dash sorry about af.x

thanks to u all for ur support and sorry for being a debbie downer.x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"