TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

I can't remember what thread this was on, but someone was asking about high impact exercising. I found an article that references empirical research:

https://health.usnews.com/health-news/articles/2012/06/06/trouble-trying-to-conceive-this-may-be-why

They are saying that high impact is bad throughout....that it can mess with ovulation. I love to run, but have been holding off the last couple of weeks....which isn't good for my mental health either.

I could do walking, but I don't find that as stimulating or motivating as running.

yeah, it's a bummer. I love cardio, it makes me feel really good. But I'm going to put it on the back burner for now. I've always been a bit of an exercise junkie, so I'm a bit worried I will get wobbly over night!! Hey ho. I guess it's time to put the feet up!

Just dropping in to say Maddy I am so sorry chick... I am just hoping that your FS appt gives your the silver lining to this horrible situation xx

pbl - glad you're feeling better. TTC is an emotional roller coaster and it just sucks sometimes. We all know how you feel and we're here for you :hugs:

maddy - I'm so very sorry to hear your news :hugs:

ness - I hope you're feeling better soon :hugs:

Hi and big hugs to bf, lils, dash, dwrgi, kismet, chicken, pad, mirium, purps, tiger and all the other lovely ladies I've missed.

afm - it's go time. I'll start IVF on Monday! Two injections per evening (300 Follistim and 75 Menopur). I'll get monitored every other day because I overstimulated the first time I was on injections. We'll see how it goes. I'm super nervous...

Hi ladies - been trying to catch up all day and finally.......:wacko:

Maddy – so sorry hun….:hugs::hug: I agree with Lils – it seems like something really wants to happen there – and perhaps you just need that extra push from some kind of meds –maybe a lot more progesterone or something? Good luck with the IVF consult tomorrow!:thumbup:

Susy Q – hello!:flower:

Jenny – re: DHEA – I have been taking the micronized kind 75mg/day since Dec 20th and have noticed that I do get ‘angrier’ when I get angry…. But nothing to be crazy about (and more so with DH) I have also noticed that my heart races now and then (can also be a side effect), and have tiny little pimple-like things on back (but not major)…. I also thought at one point that my hair was falling out more –but my hair has always done that and thank goodness that I have tons of it….You want to make sure you take it with food as it can make you nauseous (and it was at the beginning a lot after ½ hr of taking it – but better now) I would say that you should get your DHEA levels checked first –mine was very very low (like 2.2 –what a 70 yr old would have) so it was ok to take for me…. It does act like hormones so you want to be careful. I’ll only be taking mine for another 6 weeks as I have IVF in March. Good luck with your app’t!!:thumbup:

Lils – loving the ‘slogan’ for your Hotel Lils – “where the fun never stops & the party's never over!” :winkwink::haha:WOW re: those stories!! Wrote more in your journal….. :hugs:Re: Sleeping – with snorers…my DH snores most of the time and the only way I can get to sleep is to put my ipod on (in one ear as I sleep on my side) - relaxation mp3s (like the fertility one by Russell Davis) but can be anything really….otherwise I get so agitated that he is snoring!):dohh: :hugs::kiss:

Pad – so sorry you are having hip pain…. Hope you are ok otherwise!:hugs:

Thanks fxfrbabyb!!!:flower:

Pebble – sorry to hear you were down…..:hugs:chart still looking good! Glad you’re feeling better today:thumbup:

Ness – so sorry you are in limbo…..:hugs:The B6 could be delaying things –it’s possible but I don’t think it would delay for more than a couple of days…. Hot chocolate sounds like the perfect remedy! Sorry to hear you’re not feeling well!:hugs:

Briar – welcome to the best thread ever!:thumbup:

BF – hope you are enjoying sunny Dubai!!:hugs: sorry haven't been to your journal in a few days

Dwrgi - hope you're ok - posted in your journal too!:hugs::kiss:

Purps - any interest in the house yet?? sorry haven't made it to your journal yet....:hugs::kiss:

:hugs::hugs::hugs::kiss::kiss::kiss: to everyone I missed!!

AFM - I've run out of time -.... trying to get over the flu...but feeling better today.... we are expecting a huge snowstorm tonight/tomorrow 25-30cm of snow -but it's always WAY more than they predict... I'll be home tomorrow anyway as I was planning on taking the day off anyway to get stuff ready for AD's b-day this weekend.

pbl - glad you're feeling better. TTC is an emotional roller coaster and it just sucks sometimes. We all know how you feel and we're here for you :hugs:

maddy - I'm so very sorry to hear your news :hugs:

ness - I hope you're feeling better soon :hugs:

Hi and big hugs to bf, lils, dash, dwrgi, kismet, chicken, pad, mirium, purps, tiger and all the other lovely ladies I've missed.

afm - it's go time. I'll start IVF on Monday! Two injections per evening (300 Follistim and 75 Menopur). I'll get monitored every other day because I overstimulated the first time I was on injections. We'll see how it goes. I'm super nervous...

Hey Owl - we cross -posted!

Yay for starting stims Monday!!! just take it one day at a time....and if you have any questions feel free to PM me ok!! Good luck!!!:thumbup::hugs:

Owl, That is so exciting will be sending you loads of positive vibes and baby dust XXX

Wow owl sooo exciting. Good luck. Keeping everything crossed for u.xx

Yay, Owl!!!!! :yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee:

This thread is going to have some awesome, well-earned BFPs in the next few months!!!!!!!!

Who wants to starting taking bets on multiples? :winkwink:

Exercisers thinking about quitting altogether - I haven't been able to jog in a few years due to back injuries. So, I power-walk & let me tell you, I get breathless/panting/endorphin rush doing that just as much as jogging! And several times I have bypassed joggers. I wouldn't want to just stroll either, but power-walking & light-moderate yoga are fine for TTC AND for pregs (although you have to cut down a bit more in 1st 12wks pregs). Trust me, you are going to need some exercise during this journey. It keeps you healthy, feeling good, moving around, loosening up those joints, etc. When I stop power-walking, I start getting depressed & angry & feel so sluggish & crappy - I really start the crawl into a dark hole.:nope: We feel crappy enough on this TTC sh**hole road, so you'll want to try to stay as healthy & positive as you can. Just my 2 cents!

DHEA - just to add tons of confusion to the mix 2 of my Dr.'s said that as long as you are diagnosed with low ovarian reserve or diminished ovarian reserve (DOR) via low AMH or high FSH, then you can take the DHEA. Another 2 Dr.'s said I could just take it - period (no diagnosis). It can get confusing, but you had low AMH anyway, right? Well, you're asking your Dr. so doesn't matter - GL!

Owl - Yay Good luck on Monday :happydance:

Dash - ugh - snoring! My problem is that I am such a light sleeper that the minute I hear something & wake up, I'm up for HOURS. :nope: So, I have to get up anyway & go into my woman cave & just watch Netflix or TV & hope & pray I can get back to sleep for just 1 more hour to make it 4.5 hrs! Glad you can put on some nice soothing meditation & go back to sleep. I've tried that & reiki & spa music, just can't get back to sleep... YAY for 3-day weekend!!! :happydance: Good luck working on AD's bday party tomorrow! :thumbup:

Fly - so sorry, that's a triple-sh*tty whammy! :grr::grr::grr: I always found that a nice glass (or 3) of :wine: took my :witch: blues away... or chocolate. Or both. Just treat yourself to something bad for you. :flower:

Don't post much here but Kismet, I've rarely seen a prettier chart. I agree.:test:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->