TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Hey there, my gosh I am totally OVER this week.

Briarew welcome :flower: and good luck keeping up with us fast-talking-fast-posting over-35s :haha:

Kismet - oh wow, congrats to you and DH, what an achievement. Stalking your chart and journal waiting for :test:!

Ness - have you started the Clomid yet :confused:? Must be soon, hey? Are you going to be monitored? Will you do IUI as well or just the meds by themselves?

Pebble - QUADS? Are you mad woman? If I had that many follicles I'd be supergluing my thighs together for the month :rofl:

Twiggers - I meant to ask my FS about exercise this morning but I forgot :dohh: I've been running and walking as per usual during my IUI cycles - our material says to continue doing everything as normal.

Dwrgi - Good suggestion. In fact I have a party to go to on Saturday night :happydance:, so planning mucho :munch: and :wine: And a taxi home after :drunk:

Jenny - good luck with the FS appointment :flower:

Lils - thank you hun :kiss: yes it seems 'something' does want to happen. FS says it's hard to know if it's an implantation problem or old eggs :shrug:

Owl - exciting! :friends: Looking forward to following your journey.

AFM....met with the FS this morning. He only recommends 3 x IUI: the success rates in the first 3 rounds are similar but almost everyone that is going to succeed will do so in those first 3. After that the success rates drop to virtually nil. He also said it doesn't matter that I've not used a trigger shot to poinpoint ovulation times as success rates for IUI are similar with/without a trigger. We also talked about the IVF option...need a couple of days to process the info but I will come back to that, I think I need some of your input ladies! We will see him in 5 weeks time and in the meantime will do one final IUI. (He agrees my body is 'trying' but it's hard with IUI to determine whether the failure to implant - particularly in cycle 1 where I had 3 successive HCG rises before it fell - is due to poor egg quality or an implantation issue. We will need to talk about this further before IVF.)

And everyone else..Emily, BF, Pad, Chicken, Dash, FlyFlorida, DrH, Keziah and anyone I forgot (my eggs are old and poor quality, it's highly possible my brain is the same). TGIF everyone!!!!

Whew, finally caught up with this thread! Kismet - congrats on the Dean's letter. I got mine too and have passed as well. I don't know for certain about tenure until April but I'm not too worried.

I am getting worried that OH will not get his SA done before the :witch: arrives. I want to start clomid ASAP but they won't give me any until OH does the test... Grrr! I'm about to go :hissy: on him.

Good luck to everyone :dust:

Popped by to catch up on all your news and drop off some :hugs: and :dust: for you all.

AFM
I finally made it to the third tri! I am so grateful to everyone for all the love and support shown during our 16 month ttc journey. Nobody could have picked me off the floor so many times and set me back on the road of hope as you all did. Truly the kindness of "strangers" at its best. I hope I can be of some support and comfort for some of you some day.

Now it's time to panic that I have hardly any baby stuff and 13 weeks until she arrives....

afm - it's go time. I'll start IVF on Monday! Two injections per evening (300 Follistim and 75 Menopur). I'll get monitored every other day because I overstimulated the first time I was on injections. We'll see how it goes. I'm super nervous...

Owl-so pleased for you! Update us regularly on how you get on! Lots of proteins, lots of water, lots of rest and lots of NO STRESSING!!!

Huge good luck to you! Will be thinking of you!
:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Popped by to catch up on all your news and drop off some :hugs: and :dust: for you all.

AFM
I finally made it to the third tri! I am so grateful to everyone for all the love and support shown during our 16 month ttc journey. Nobody could have picked me off the floor so many times and set me back on the road of hope as you all did. Truly the kindness of "strangers" at its best. I hope I can be of some support and comfort for some of you some day.

Now it's time to panic that I have hardly any baby stuff and 13 weeks until she arrives....

Lady H-
I am sooooo pleased for you and so thankful that you have got to your third tri and last lap too, now, using a terminology that you'll appreciate!

I think that 13 weeks sounds plenty of time to get all you need, so don't worry!! :hugs::hugs: Lots of love to you, and can't wait to see pics of the little one when she arrives! Big :kiss::kiss:

Congrats SuzyQ! Now your new project can take center stage! :winkwink:

LadyH,
Congrats on third trimester! :wohoo::wohoo: Hope you have TONS of fun shopping. My plan, developed during my brief pregnancy, was to buy nothing until the third trimester and to see how much I could get for free. (Do you have freecycle?) Not sure if that's how you roll. But you might enjoy this article:
https://offbeatfamilies.com/2010/08/parent-consumerism
Since you're about to take the plunge.

So glad you're still on this thread!!! :hugs:

AFM....met with the FS this morning. He only recommends 3 x IUI: the success rates in the first 3 rounds are similar but almost everyone that is going to succeed will do so in those first 3. After that the success rates drop to virtually nil. He also said it doesn't matter that I've not used a trigger shot to poinpoint ovulation times as success rates for IUI are similar with/without a trigger. We also talked about the IVF option...need a couple of days to process the info but I will come back to that, I think I need some of your input ladies! We will see him in 5 weeks time and in the meantime will do one final IUI. (He agrees my body is 'trying' but it's hard with IUI to determine whether the failure to implant - particularly in cycle 1 where I had 3 successive HCG rises before it fell - is due to poor egg quality or an implantation issue. We will need to talk about this further before IVF.)

This is great news, and your consultant sounds completely on board with your treatment! I am so pleased that you have a plan (two, really) in place. As there is a possible issue with implantation, would you consider taking steroids to help with this-prednisolone, for example? You only need take it from when you 'trigger' (if you do one), or after you ovulate. Also, extra progesterone might be worth trying: I started out with two plugs on my first IVF and three with my second (especially if you bled before your OTD).

And you know what you need to do to improve egg quality-it's like a mantra around here! We'll have to make it into a song:
"600mg of CoQ10;
75mg of DHEA;
1800 EPA"

Etc. etc.

Anyway, big :hugs::hugs::hugs: to you! The party sounds like exactly what you need!

Lots of love
Axxxxxxx:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::kiss::kiss::kiss:

LadyH,
Yay! Not long now!

Kismet and SuzyQ,
Congrats on the tenure stuff. I know that's a big deal.

I know I'm missing stuff, but I don't usually get on this early in the day. But I had a temp drop this morning and needed to share my disappointment. It's not like I absolutely thought I was pregnant, but I've been so tired. I guess I did just have a virus. Still must. I still feel exhausted. Let me tell you how much I feel like dragging myself to work now. I am not going to tell my donor yet that I want to take time off. I'm going to give myself at least a week to think about what I want to do. If seeing babies is absolutely killing me and I feel like I need to continue, maybe I will. Rationally I think I should hold off, though. I guess none of this ttc is a rational decision, though.

Suzy Q and kismet congrats on tenure.

Kismet sorry about bfn. Hopefully too early.

Maddy sounding like a great plan. Hugs.x

sorry to those whose charts aren't behaving themselves. Good luck.

Lady h
congratulations on third tri. Happy shopping!

Afm af turned up today. Got it out of my system in the wk so feeling ok. Glad to start the clomid on a weekend. Its not with iui just been told to bd a lot! Have to go for cd 21 bloods to check ov first 2 months. Fingers crossed.

Hello to everyone. Hope u all have a lovely weekend. We're going looking at houses so v exciting. Vx

Chicken-I buy Sainsburys omega 3 tablets. Each tab contains 250units of EPA, so I take seven a day. Figure it's close enough to 1800. Also, the tabs r Buy 2, Get 1 free, so cost a tenner. Cheapest I can get. Hope this helps!! Xx P.S. Have a lovely weekend!

Ness- sorry about BFN, that's a pig! But house hunting sounds fab! Hope u find something u really like... OMG! Parents Evening all week?! Nightmare!

Hope u all have a lovely weekend, A xxx

FlyFlorida – so sorry about AF.....:nope::hugs:

Kismet – Sorry about BFN - but hopefully too early :hugs: Congrats re: DH too!!:happydance: Stay safe in all the snow!!:hugs:

Lils – wow you really are a light sleeper :wacko:– I’ve always considered myself a light sleeper too (will wake up the slightest noise that AD makes and she talks in her sleep) but you sound way worse than me.... Maybe we should get that ‘stop-snore’ stuff for our DH’s?????:haha::hugs::kiss:

Maddy - glad app't went well - hmm.... maybe you just need extra progesterone? I was taking 4 suppositories /day after ER for IVF...(that’s 400mg/day) (or you could try Lils' Crinone gel) or maybe like Dwrgi said perhaps some kind of steroid to help with not rejecting? Good luck with whatever you decide....:hugs::kiss:

Suzi Q – hope DH can get the SA done pronto!!!:thumbup: I had the same problem with mine – had to keep reminding him.:hugs:

Lady H
– Happy 3rd trimester!!!!:thumbup::happydance: Yay your EDD is May 9th!! That’s really close to my b-day (may 12) – great time to have a b-day!!! So happy for you....:cloud9:

Twiggers – sorry about the BFN....:nope: it’s not over yet though..... hope the witch stays away...:hugs:

Emily – sorry you think AF is on the way....:hugs: it's never easy to see that dip....:hugs:

Ness – sorry about the AF arrival –:nope::hugs: but glad you can now start the Clomid .... :thumbup:Oh looking at houses is very exciting!!:thumbup:

Chicken – re: EPA – you get it from Fish oil.... so you can either take liquid or softgels... I take 4 softgels containing 430 EPA each –gets me close enough to the 1800mg. (2 with breakfast , 2 with lunch) Check the labels and make sure you are looking at EPA (not DHA) on the label breakdown. Hope you're well! :hugs:

Pebble - hope you are ok - did you guys get the snow storm too? I hear NY is really bad...:hugs::hugs:

Hugs and luvs to all !!:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::kiss::kiss::kiss:

AFM - snow day today - working from home - Massive snow storm hasn't stopped snowing since yesterday... (photo in my journal -but that was taken hours ago and it's still accumulating)... Back killing me from snow removal already... :wacko:

This is great news, and your consultant sounds completely on board with your treatment! I am so pleased that you have a plan (two, really) in place. As there is a possible issue with implantation, would you consider taking steroids to help with this-prednisolone, for example? You only need take it from when you 'trigger' (if you do one), or after you ovulate. Also, extra progesterone might be worth trying: I started out with two plugs on my first IVF and three with my second (especially if you bled before your OTD).

And you know what you need to do to improve egg quality-it's like a mantra around here! We'll have to make it into a song:
"600mg of CoQ10;
75mg of DHEA;
1800 EPA"

THANKS Hon :flower: My doc won't prescribe DHEA but I'll have to look up EPA and maybe call his office to ask about that. I'll also ask about the pred shots when I talk to him about IVF.
ATM I'm on hoo-haa progesterone bullets twice daily after ovulation, 600mg of COQ-10 plus a pre-conception vitamin (been on both those for 7 months). I also have a B12 deficiency called pernicious anaemia (which can affect conception) so I have regular shots of B12. And I have to take glucosamine and fish oil for an old joint injury. Our fridge looks like a mini-pharmacy :haha:

Maddy - glad app't went well - hmm.... maybe you just need extra progesterone? I was taking 4 suppositories /day after ER for IVF...(that’s 400mg/day) (or you could try Lils' Crinone gel) or maybe like Dwrgi said perhaps some kind of steroid to help with not rejecting? Good luck with whatever you decide....:hugs::kiss:

Funny Dash....we always said NO IVF. DH has great reservations about it - he's Buddhist and quite worried about messing with the way the world works in case it bites him in his next life! But as we've gotten closer to the point where it's decision time, we are wavering towards doing it. But we are still firm on our "end date" which is August when I turn 42.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->