TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

I was always fiddling with ff! Purple once posted a link that allowed you to calculate what an open circle temp should have been if taken at the right time and that often moved cross hairs. I always wrote down the original temps though. Sometimes dropping a crazy low or high temp changed it too. I was a master of ff manipulation!

Owl! Sending lots of fertile vibes to you for tomorrow! Hope everything goes 'swimmingly' xxx

Mad... that is such a hard decision. When the head can't decide... go with the gut! What does your gut say?

Kis great news about your Hubby!

Dash hope you are feeling better now.. that damn flu is just hanging around.. it is for me too!

Hey Dwrgi x

LadyH
I thought 3rd tri started at 28 wks... hence I am celebrating today lol. But hey, I could have been wrong! Congrats anyway chick!

Guys I was trying to find my FF chart for the month I got my BFP so you could see.... however, I forgot I had fallen out with FF that month and only did 5 days of temps hehhe... Lils was most disappointed with my efforts lol!:haha:

I was always fiddling with ff! Purple once posted a link that allowed you to calculate what an open circle temp should have been if taken at the right time and that often moved cross hairs. I always wrote down the original temps though. Sometimes dropping a crazy low or high temp changed it too. I was a master of ff manipulation!

https://www.whenmybaby.com/basalbodytemperature.php

Jenny - yay for having an ivf buddy, we'll only be like one week apart! :happydance: good luck! :hugs:

Hello Owl, yes, it's great that we are starting around the same time. Are you starting a week earlier or later than me. I'm likely to get going on the 19th?

I'm not looking forward to doing the injections, but I'm guessing that once you've done it once it's not too daunting.

The people at the clinic that I'm going to are all very nice. Which makes a difference. It doesn't feel like a sausage factory. I get the feeling the doctor would really like to help me conceive. I'm looking forward to hearing how you are getting on :hugs:

Good morning, ladies! Beautiful day here, but I’m too fuzzy to be worth much. I had a grand total of three glasses of wine last night, yet somehow I feel wicked hungover. Ugh. This is what getting older is about! :jo: :sick: Just a quickie this AM to catch up on the past couple of days. Then I gotta be industrious!

To our imminent IVF ladies—Maddy, Owl, Jenny, BF, Dash—I’m not sure the order in which you’ll go to bat (so to speak)? I’m soooooooo hoping we’re about to get a batch of good BFPs from you all! Much :dust::dust::dust:

Emily, so sorry about AF. :hugs::hugs: I know you’re in a difficult position. If you decide to postpone, how long are you thinking? It definitely might not be in your best interest to wait too long. None of us are getting any younger. :jo: (None of us *is*?? That's one I always mess up.) Hope you stick around this thread, whatever you do!

Kismet, still really hopeful for you!!! I've been stalking you this AM, waiting for today's temp! ... Just checked it. You're still looking good!!! Testing tomorrow??

Ness, how’s that clomid going? I’ve been eating pineapple cores from about 3- 8 dpo. I just get a fresh one then mix the core and main fruit, eating a little bit every day during that time. Yummy! :munch: I replaced my gummy CoQ10 with a pill that had a higher dose, and that was less expensive. Sadly. :nope: But I’m still doing gummy D3. Nomnomnom….

Dwrgi, huge thanks for you encyclopedic knowledge of all this stuff! It’s really very impressive. I’ll write more in your journal. Next stop, the kitchen!!

Lils, if you’re reading this, go take it easy!!!! :sleep::sleep::sleep:

Pad, you’re too funny. :haha: As Lils would say, you kicked that F-er to the curb!!! :rofl:

Nothing new here. Just waiting for AF. 99% certain this one’s a bust. As Ness said, this next month we’ll give it our all and see what happens.

Sorry to anyone I’ve missed. Big :hugs: to you all!!!

Emily the apple sauce was much better thank you!

No side effects to report as of yet. Been taking it in the eve to try and minimise-I read that advice on bnb somewhere.

Pad
congrats on 3rd tri. Really happy for u.x

Pebble I got some juice but wil try and get a fresh pineapple tom. Thanks. Ps I thought I was out the cycle I got pg!

Twiggers the cycle I got pg I had pre af cramps so there's still hope.

Owl good luck.x

Hi to everyone. Hope you've all had a gd weekend.

Afm one more wk to half term :) :) :) :)

Owl-good luck tomorrow! Loads of :dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust: to you!

Hello everybody! :hi::hi::hi:

I want to thank everyone for their warm welcome and words of encouragement. I'm afraid that I may not be a very consistent group participant. You are all so good at responding to each and everyone individually, where do you find the time? lol

The removal of the Mirena was much easier than I expected :) My gyn. dr. looked at some blood work that I had done he said that everything looked "normal" I asked if by looking at the bloodwork he would diagnose PCOS and he said no. However, there are other indicators such as having regular cycles, which pre-Mirena and birth control, I did not. Maybe things have changed.

Kismet - I couldn't help but read your post about your mom. I am in complete understanding about how difficult caring for a parent with dementia can be. I just lost my father last April to Alzheimer's and Parkinson's. I was his primary care-giver for the last three years. (One of the reasons any thought of having a child was put on hold) I found that with each obstacle we faced along the way that one important part was open communication between all members of his care team (i.e. family, close friends and doctors) Although we worked our hardest to maintain my father's dignity and well being.. sometimes it was necessary to have conversations about his health and welfare without him being present.. as preventing any stress and upset to him was key in keeping him as well as we could for as long as we could. I imagine it will be difficult to address this particular issue with your dad. Would he be open to having a consultation with you and your mom's dr. present so that any concerns he has could be mediated by the doctor? Just prior to my dad taking an unforseen drastic turn we had contacted a social worker through our health dept. as we felt maybe it was time for a little extra help. I see you are also in Canada, I'm sure something like this would be available in Ontario as well as here in BC.

I'm sorry to take up so much space. If you have ANY questions regarding the journey with your mom don't hesitate to ask.

Three things that I wish I had known earlier.

1. Avoid putting your mom under general anesthetic unless absolutely necessary (this led to my father's drastic decline)

2. If your mom at any point displays increased confusion or sudden behavioral changes ask to have her checked for a UTI

3. I hope this last one never becomes necessary but beware of the use of anti-psychotic medication in persons with dementia.

Again I'm sorry if this information is too much. Sending you, your dad and your mom my very best.

Kismet I'm not sure if you are aware but I'm an Occupational therapy Clinical lead for people with Dementia and willing to give you as much advice as you need.
I'm afraid these things are always difficult and especially with people with Dementia as they can't always remember what has happened after the event so if we don't discuss it at the time the person will almost definitely become very defensive as you or I would If someone suggested the same thing about us. I don’t know how much understanding or memory your mum still has but if I was you I would wait for it to happen again and talk to her then. Ask her if she needs any help and ask her if it has happened before. This is a good way to start the conversation.
I think it is wonderful that you are concerned about your mums dignity and want to respect her for the women she has always been. So many people lose sight of the person that was once the parent in the relationship and still feels that that is still their role, when the ‘child’ has had to take on the caring role.
As for your Dad he is probably already aware of your mums incontinence but is worried about saying anything.
Please remember caring for someone with Dementia is very hard (BRIAR, I take my hat off to you) so don’t be afraid to ask for help.
I would second Briars 3 point especially the anti- psychotic drugs, a few years ago it was the done thing, now the practice has reduced but it still isn’t a great idea for many people with dementia. If her doctor does want to do it make him really think about and justify it big time (for a small proportion it does make a difference). Sorry going a little off topic but if you do want to ask anything I am happy to help as I’m sure Briar is too. XXX

Maddy – oh hun I know exactly what you mean re: IVF….:hugs: I too struggled with ‘messing with things’ and my faith (if you remember in my journal before my first IVF- I was raised Roman Catholic and IVF is not permitted)… but we have been through so much and sometimes you just need to know whether something will work and then you don’t have to look back in 10 years and say ‘why didn’t I just try that’…that is how I feel anyway. But it took me a LONG time to get here. Look at how long it took me to go from natural TTC to AC…. 10 years! :wacko:I hear you on the end date too – end of March will be my cut off date (if the IVF #2 doesn’t work) and I’ll be 41 in May. Good luck hun and you just have to go with your gut.:thumbup: Oh and I think I would go with the local option - because the cycle monitoring is stressful as it is... Plus I had to get DH to drive me back the day of ER and ET - you are kind of doped up day of ER so you don't want to be driving yourself.... just a thought.... Good luck!:hugs:

Pebble – OMG re: video!! So great...:cry::hugs: Chart still looking good!! :thumbup: When are you testing??? Sorry - did I miss that -did you already test?

Jenny – yay for starting IVF soon! :thumbup:re: the meds –have you asked your clinic if they would match the price of the cheaper place? Mine insisted on that – as it’s much easier (for them to monitor you) and better for you as the dosages can change throughout the protocol (and you're not wasting money as you can't return the meds usually) and sometimes you don’t know exactly how your body will respond to them. Just a thought. Re: Omega 3’s –some will ‘repeat’ (taste when you burp) on you and some won’t –I have played with a few brands and finally found one that doesn’t …. Also try to have after breakfast and lunch (smaller meals and if you have it after a bigger meal –wait about an hour to reduce ‘the repeat’) Good luck!:thumbup:

Ness – good luck with the Clomid….:hugs: Yes eating pineapple (especially the core) is good in TWW.:thumbup:

Emily – so sorry about AF:hugs::hugs:

Owl – Good luck with the injections! :thumbup::hugs: Are you injecting in your belly or buttocks? I did Lupron in belly and everything else had to go in the left/right upper quadrant of my butt!

Kismet – I’m so sorry to hear about your mom….(and problems with Dad) :hugs::hugs:That is so hard to deal with –with everything else you’re gong through.:nope: Wish I had some advice, but glad there are some ladies here with professional advice…. I will send you tons of hugs….:hugs::hugs:

Twiggers – good luck! :thumbup:Ouch not a fun lesson to teach today…..:nope:

Hugs and luvs to all!!:hugs::hugs::hugs::kiss::kiss:

AFM – still very achey from all the snow shoveling this weekend :wacko:, and a very busy weekend with AD’s b-day party/dinner yesterday with both sides of the family. Haven’t done yoga in 2 days and can feel it! Think I need to go to Reiki this Wednesday. Glad to be back at work where I can just sit all day!

Kismet of cause you can send me a PM. Just a thought, if your mum has a SW could you talk to her about the incontinence. You could always explain that you are telling her in confidence and you don't want your mum or dad knowing that you have spoken to her. She should respect that confidence. Take Care hun.

Twigger, I can understand why that would be difficult. Hang in there XXX

Dash, Glad AD had a lovely birthday XXX

:hi: lovely ladies!

Thank you so much for sending positive vibes and :dust: It really means a lot to have such a fabulous support group. You guys are the best! :hugs::kiss:

I'll start Follistim and Menopur tonight. Follistim comes with a pen and goes in the stomach and Menopur has to be mixed first and can go either in the stomach or the thigh. I'm on the antagonist protocol so I'll have ganirelix shots added but the timing for that depends on how fast I stim. The trigger shot will have to go in the butt :dohh: DH has been watching videos on how to mix the medication and give all the shots. I'm too much of a whimp to do it myself and he can't wait to stick those needles in me :haha:
Anyway, I'll keep you posted.

Dash - happy birthday to AD! I've been thinking of going to Reiki but I'm not sure I can handle more appointments at the moment. Just having to go to Acupuncture during my lunch break seems to stress me out... :wacko:

Kismet - Thinking of you. :hugs:

Lot's of love to all! Have a great week!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->