TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Thank you for all the support guys. I really appreciate it. Good luck to everyone this cycle. Giving baby dust to all of you!!! :dust:

update: So I went for my second beta yesterday and was eagerly awaiting my results this morning because my hpts have remained the same since my super low reading of 12.1 If my level was going down I would have expected there to be no more line on my preg test. Right? So anyway the nurse calls and tells me the lab only did the simple yes or no test and she had to have them redo it....grrrrrrr!!!!!!! now I have to wait 3 more hours to find out if I'm having a baby or if I'm having a miscarriage!!

I was hoping for another update? Are you ok?

Hey guys, well it's not over yet. my beta did rise the one take on sunday was 21.6 so it did almost double. My progesterone is on the low side even with supplements 10.6 but she said it is enough to support a pregnancy. Then, on Tuesday I bled ALL DAY!! and passed two little clot like looking things. I thought well now it's over. I took a hpt the next morning because I thought for sure the line would be lighter given my levels were so low anyway. I thought well I'll see that light line and that will be my closure. But instead of a light line, it was darker! and then today even darker as dark as the control line....that's the first time in my life I have seen a line that dark lol the nurse said the clotting could have been something in my lining that came out. Soooo, now I have to wait a week and go have my levels checked if they are up to 1500 they will do an ultrasound to see if they see a sac. This will be the longest week of my life right now. Thanks for the support you guys I sure need it right now. With these low numbers I am just praying I can keep this pregnancy!

Suzi, what a ride!! All my fingers are crossed for you!!

Good luck Suzi.

As a long time poster to this thread, which saved my sanity a million times ttc, I feel it's time to wave goodbye. There are lots of new ladies here now and I wish you all every success with you ttc journeys. Miracles do happen, I've seen many on this thread alone. Baby dust in buckets to you all xxx

Congratulations, Lady H!! You finally got your dream!!

Suzi ... I'm sorry for the continued uncertainty (those HCG readings are virtually identical to one of my chemical pregs). Though the darkening lines sounds good. How confusing :wacko:

Cary ... what are your plans now that the new RE was less than impressive :hugs:

Kat ... not long until that BC is finished, hopefully the cyst is shrunk and it's all systems go :thumbup:

Smallhelen, Ness and everyone else - hi!

Like LadyH, this thread was my home for a long time and got me through a great deal of tears and fears. However I feel like I'm at a point in my journey where it's time to pass the 35+ TTC joy on to others. Best wishes to all of you here xxx

Happy Friday ladies! :hi:

Aw, Lady H and Maddy - we'll miss you. Thank you for hanging around to give us support and encouragement. Hope everything continues to go well for both of you! :flower:

Suziq1 - any more results yet? Thinking of you.

Kat - how are things going with you? How long till you can get back to business? :haha:

Carybear - are you still waiting for results too?

Ness - it'll soon be September!! (I know that isn't usually what a teacher wants to hear, but I bet you're counting down the days.)

Hello to anyone else hanging around!

AFM - had my US tests today, which weren't too bad at all. Everything seemed ok, although have to wait to get official results from my GP in 10 days time. Don't think there were any cysts, so that's a good thing.
But, it does seem that everything here is all about babies at the moment. UK news has been full of population growth and babies, one of my closest friends had her 20 week scan yesterday, another couple I know announced their pregnancy on Facebook yesterday, and even a panda at Edinburgh Zoo might be expecting!!! It's all a bit overwhelming (*sticks fingers in ears and sings 'la la la la'*) :wacko:

Have a good weekend!

:hugs: suz praying that everything works put and this is a sticky bean...

I pretty much got all of my results when I met the re... She was terrible.. We are waiting o see wht happens with this cycle and then we will try to figure out something from there...

I'm feeling very positive this month :)

Helen...I know babies are everywhere...so many people on my facebook are pregnant. ugh!!!!

No updates yet. just playing the waiting game and trying to keep my belly full and rest and not worry. I am playing a trick on my mind where I am expecting to miscarry that way I won't be as devastated if I do and if it ends up sticking then I will be super happy lol

Good luck to you guys this month! fingers crossed for you and sending lots of baby dust your way!

Off the birth control pill since Sunday (last pill was Saturday). Waiting for my period to return so I can go back to my never ending monthly IUIs... *sigh*

Hi all we're ntnp thus month. Should ov this weekend. Will c how it goes.

how's everyone? Suzi any news?

Yes news but not the good kind. Third beta taken yesterday came back 117. So, it looks like I will miscarry soon, or this is an ectopic. I am fine. I kind of expected it. My doc wants to do chromosomal testing on me and my hubby. Results will take 2 weeks to come back. In the meantime I just have to wait to miscarry. :( Once my cycle returns to normal we will be doing fert meds. to up my chances of getting one to stick. She also wants me to do heparin injections as soon as I get pregnant again. The only comfort I find right now is that I do seem to get pregnant rather quickly. Hope that wasn't just luck and my body continues to be nice to me in the future lol Hoping to be blessed with a rainbow baby one day! Good luck this month everyone. Hoping to hear some good news soon!!!

Oh, Suziq1, I am so so so sorry to hear that :( *hug* It is good news that you can get pregnant, and it sounds like they have a good plan to try for making the next one stick. In the mean time, I hope you get through this tough time ok.

My period finally kicked in tonight! I can't wait to get back to TTC again. Taking that month off to dissipate a cyst felt like forever. Maybe this will be my cycle!!

A girl I know who is 43 just announced her 3rd pregnancy. Hit me like a freight train. She gets a 3rd at 43 and I can't even seem to get one at 40/41?? I'm happy for her, but really jealous. I need to turn my negative feelings into positive ones because...hey...she's even older than me and got pregnant without ANY help (I asked). Maybe there's still hope for me! So if I can just get past my bitterness, this story can offer me hope.

Suzi am so sorry. Look after yourself.xx

kat good luck this cycle.x

cary sorry ur re appt was pants. Hope this cycle is a winner and u don't have to go back there!

afm no condoms this cycle. Just dtd when we fancy altho I'm hyper aware that last few months gave had ov pain cd 11/12 which is today/tom but not much to report. However have been hyper busy today so not paying much attention. We'll see. Tbh am as terrified to get pg again as much as terrified not to! And yes there are pg ladies everywhere! I often think why them and not me but the longer I go in this ttc malarkey the more I realise there's no rhyme or reason to it.

have a grt weekend folks.x

Damn it... I grew a new cyst in the other ovary and I've been "benched" again!! I'm afraid these cysts are the results of taking DHEA. So sad that I might have done something to cause the cysts :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->