TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Juniper, such beautiful words about your mom, I guess I try to be like that to my two DDs who are now almost 16 and 18. I've been a single mother and raised them alone since the birth of my second. I hope they are as close to me and have the same love as you and your sister to your mom. It hasn't been easy and at times I did loose myself but I gave myself no other option then to do this job the best way I can. That IS what a mother does. I still always serve myself last at the dinner table and take less, even lie i don't want something. My own mother was never very motherly and my sister and I still struggle from it. Loosing your "self" while raising your children is part of the circle of life. ALL is temporary, nothing is permanent. They do grow up fast. Look at me! One child going to college next year and I'm ready and trying to jump back into the madness. So take it from me, it's tough, it's emotional, it's challenging but it's also rewarding. It's in loosing yourself that you will RE- discover yourself... Better, stronger, wiser and more beautiful then ever.

BBbliss - this brought tears to my eyes: "So take it from me, it's tough, it's emotional, it's challenging but it's also rewarding. It's in loosing yourself that you will RE- discover yourself... Better, stronger, wiser and more beautiful then ever"

I love this. Thank you!

Yep... I agree, beautifully said BBliss... And I know I'm willingly choosing to take this path bcos when I think of the relationship I have with my mother, I want so much to be able to be 'that' for my own child. Jazz I think it was u that said something about being fed up only having to think about urself? That's how I feel, I feel like I'm ready to focus everything on someone else- I want to make those sacrifices- bcos what u get in return is worth every moment of the worry to get there.

Well I caved and tested today 9dpo. I know it's too early but I couldn't resist. BFN of course. Every cycle that glimmer of hope fades a little more. Soon I probably won't even bother testing at all.

And now I'm coming down with a sore throat 2 days before a 2 hour singing gig! Noooooooooooo!

Jazzbird! Now I get your username. That's awesome! singing it not a gift I have lol

Don't be so hard on yourself, it's ok to cave in... Just don't lose hope :)

I love singing, I feel so alive when I'm singing. I just don't do it enough. I have a normal boring day job though. But really wish deep down I had pursued my singing from the outset, then I wouldn't be trapped with mortgages and a comfortable life style. Oh well!

Sorry about the bfn jazz. Hopefully too early.

I totally agree with everything you ladies have been saying.

afm hsg tomorrow which is also the year anniversary of our bfp so bit of a crappy day plus oh away working tonight so feeling a bit sorry for myself. Will hopefully update with good news tom.

hugs all round.x

Jazz quick question re iron/anaemia following on from before. I was looking at symptoms and one was flaky nails which I have. Am I just looking for symptoms? Maybe a trip to gp? I found an acupunturist near me on that website and just trying to contact as online booking wasn't working.

Hi Nessaw - I'm so glad you are going to try acupuncture. It's tempting to symptom spot but in reality nearly every symptom can have multiple diagnosis. Tiredness can be due to weak stomach qi, kidney yang deficiency, blood deficiency ... The acupuncturist will look for clusters of symptoms together with taking your pulse, looking at your tongue.

It's not really an activity you can carry out yourself especially as you probably have a few patterns together which interact.

If you have symptoms you're worried about - its always advisable to go to your gp but I have found acupuncture often works when my gp says there's not much they can do for my symptoms.

As you have had heavy periods in the past - it is plausible that you are now blood deficient (many women are). But I couldn't rule out other factors such as medication etc.

This is why it's good to see someone in person.

Was it on this thread that people were recommending a supplement to help boost DH's sperm count? I think it's time to get it and I can't remember what it was!

Was it on this thread that people were recommending a supplement to help boost DH's sperm count? I think it's time to get it and I can't remember what it was!

There a few good success stories here! But it's mainly fertilaid for man and countboost. Also 2000mg of vitamin c a day will double the count. I'm going thru the same thing right now :(
Good luck! Btw your dh's numbers are not bad at all:)

There a few good success stories here! But it's mainly fertilaid for man and countboost. Also 2000mg of vitamin c a day will double the count. I'm going thru the same thing right now :(

Oh thank you!

Yes, he had a few months of good numbers, but his last two were crap :wacko: The one we just did he was 6.8 million post wash and only 85% motility. He drinks a lot, and I'll try to get him to cut back, but in the meantime I wanted to try a supplement, too. Thanks!!

Oh thank you!

Yes, he had a few months of good numbers, but his last two were crap :wacko: The one we just did he was 6.8 million post wash and only 85% motility. He drinks a lot, and I'll try to get him to cut back, but in the meantime I wanted to try a supplement, too. Thanks!!

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/s...-success-stories-male-factor-infertility.html

I meant to post this link when I said "here" lol

I have my DF on:

Tribulus, vitamin C, L-arginine, coQ10, l-carnitine, Pycnogenol, omega 3 fish oil plus a centrum multi. He doesn't drink, gets planty of sleep, no junk food, exercises every day including yoga 3times a wk, so when we got his SA I was in total shock! We are giving it a few weeks and retesting. It was 10mil, 80% motility and ZERO! Morphology. Lets see what the supplement do for him. I'll let you know if it works for us. Good luck!

Hey ladies - after a week out of town and a couple days of catch up I am back. Imissed some beautiful posts while I was gone.

update for me - started the infertility testing. (I am almost 36, hubby almost 35, been ttc since Nov 2012.) My progesterone level was "fine". Once I get AF (due today or tomorrow) - will schedule day 3 blood work and the HSG test. Hubby's tests not so good - 14.7 million, 49%mobility, 9%morphology. They want him to retest in a couple of weeks. The postcoital test also only had one live moving sperm. He does drink a fair amount of beer - but the doctor just told him that doesn't effect the sperm - just the ability to perform (which he has no issues with) - everything else I have read says that the alcohol can effect the sperm. He also rides his bike to and from work almost every day (about 35 min each way) and he eats fine. We started the fertileaid but it upsets his stomach. Once my tests are done we are going to discuss the various options. (Hopefully it happens naturally before then.)

Anyways good luck to everyone else and thanks for the support!!

Moni our cons said alcohol basically is toxic to the sperm and can wipe out a batch! Am trying to get my oh to cut it out but funnily enough all he heard was cut down! He takes conceive + for men which is meant to improve the sa a lot but he has been sporadic in taking it. Sometimes it feels like I'm the only one taking/doing stuff for this whole ttc malarkey!

Its weird how different doctors see things differently like the alcohol thing. We had 3 doctors look at the sa and they all said different things about it!

Nessaw, it's so confusing. On another thread I was reading, someone's doc told them alcohol doesn't affect SA. I've read otherwise, so I don't really believe that!!

Well, I wouldn't take any risks. I just saw a BnB "friend" go thru IVF this wk and her DH came home drunk a couple of times the same wk and he had such low number on the day of IVF that they had to do ICSI.

My DF doesn't have any bad habits and the only thing I think was destroying his sperm was a hot yoga class we were taking on wknds. Will know soon as he is not going anymore and I'm serious about the suplements. He does skip if I'm not around and it frustrates me. Why are they so difficult?

Thanks ness - considering buying other supplements for him - but not sure they are worth the money. I think he needs to cut out the beer for a bit - he has cut way down - but still has a couple almost every night.

AF arrived today - got my hopes up when she didnt arrive yesterday as predicted by FF- which has been pretty accurate. But now I can plan the rest of the tests.

So I had a heart to heart with hubby last night - even though he does not think it is the problem, he has agreed to basically stop drinking for the rest of the year - at which point we will retest him and reevaluate depending on the results. I have agreed that he can have a couple of beers for a few big events - like the Xmas party etc, but for the most part he wont be drinking.

My HSG test is next Friday and than I'll have the rest of the results so we can determine what the next step will be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->