TTC #2 Cycle Day 1 7/16/13

That's a relief with baby being so close to arriving. A stomach bug at this point would not be nice :nope:

Well, my hair is all coloured & I'm all defuzzed so I'm officially issuing baby's eviction notice! I'd love it to come next week so DH is at home with us all for a little while longer. Otherwise it's like a waste him being off for the next 2 weeks.

Well today I finally got around to stripping the pram down and washing all the bits. Pre-nesting me thought the pram was already fairly clean and didn't need doing but today I was compelled to do it and I'm so glad I did because under the seemingly clean lining was a whole manner of crumbs, fluff and spilt milk splodges probably dating back to when Olivia was still a nipper!

After that I re-checked mine and baby's hospital bags and packed olivia's bag for if she ends up having to stay overnight at MILs. I also took the crib mattress out of the plastic to give it a few days airing time. I'm really glad I did because it stinks of plastic and chemicals! Hopefully the smell will go away in a few days. I just can't win, I left the plastic on for so long because I didn't want it sitting gathering dust :dohh:

Then this morning I suddenly remembered we'd forgotten to buy a changing mat for the baby. We don't bother with one for Olivia anymore but baby poo is WAY more messy and not worth the risk changing bums on the floor! So I've ordered one to pick up from asda on Monday.

So I think that's me all done too :happydance:

We need to get this show on the road now, saz! :)

A very productive day, Sarah :thumbup: I was really glad I washed our buggy too. It is gross what you find under the lining!! :haha:

I wish we could get these babies moving. I really do!

Me too. Very disappointed I feel completely back to normal today after spending the last few days feeing all sickly and restless, I really did think something was about to go down but today, nothing. :shrug:

Every night, I go to bed feeling crampy & like baby can't get any lower. Yet I wake up feeling fine again :shrug: The waiting is the worst & we're still over a week away from our actual EDDs :dohh:

Lol yeah we're not even due yet and we're already complaining! :haha:

:wacko: I know. We are impatient!

I took Rex to a big park near my mum & dad's this morning. He had a blast but it was tough work keeping up with him. This afternoon I was feeling all crampy, like period pain, so thought the work out might've got things going. But it's all quiet again now :dohh: Every little sign gets my hopes up! I'm gonna drive myself mad!

Same here.I've been having painful braxton hicks since about 30 weeks and tonight I had 2 of them 15 minutes apart and I was like ooooh maybe this is it............but no. :dohh:

Very impatient :haha:

Get bouncing on your ball again! :)

I'd have got excited at 2 pains 15 mins apart too, Sarah!

I'll definitely be on my ball tomorrow! Also got a trip to Meadowhall planned with my best friend who's visiting. A nice long walk round the shops might help too. I'll try anything to not see my due date still preggers. But deep down, I know I will :(

Ooh yes a good long walk around the shops will do you lots of good! I'm going to take the dog out for a nice long walk today as it looks like its going to be a nice day today :)

We've still got a week and a day till D Day, we will get these babies moving by then!

This morning Olivia said the baby's coming on Friday, perhaps she knows something :haha:

Hopefully she does! :thumbup:

Last night on our way home from my mum's, Rex just came out with 'when is your baby coming, mummy?' He looked gutted when I said I didn't know, bless him. He did then follow it up with 'how does it get out of your tummy?' To which DH & I exchanged horrified glances! I just said mummy pushes it out & he seemed ok with that :haha:

Ha ha olivia's not quite clever enough to have thought of that question yet, thankfully.

Although the other day when we were packing her overnight bag I said to her that we were packing so that she can go to grandma's when mummy and daddy go to the hospital to get the baby out of mummy's tummy. She then got really upset and said she didn't want to go to grandma's and wanted to come with mummy and daddy to get the baby. If only she knew lol

Aw bless her! I don't think she'd like to see baby coming into the world really!

Well, my feet are certainly throbbing from our trek round the shops. Going to get bouncing once Rex is in bed. Desperately want this baby to come out now.

Sounds like you've done good today!

I went out with the dog twice today, so hopefully that will help. I'm feeling absolutely shattered now!

The shopping trip & bouncing did nothing :( Still here with no signs to report. Eurgh. I know I still have a week til my due date but I'm getting impatient :(

Going to see SIL today & maybe take the kids out somewhere. Trying to keep active but all I really want to do is lay on the sofa with my feet up :haha:

Nothing here either :(

I'm baby movement monitoring at the moment. Baby hasn't moved an awful lot since about yesterday lunchtime so I called the day unit this morning and they've got me sitting quietly waiting for movements for the next hour, then I have to report back to them how many. Typically, baby has suddenly woken up and has twitched loads in the last 15 minutes, I've already counted 7 movements. So I feel a bit silly now (but relieved as well of course!)

DH just text me from work to say he's got Thursday off so that makes me feel better that he will be home Thursday till Monday in case I go into labour. Its a bit scary knowing I'm on my own all day and no one can get to me for at least an hour if it starts!

Glad baby woke up. That is scary. I've noticed a decrease in movement but I think it's just cos it doesn't have enough room to move anymore. Which should clearly be a sign that it needs to blooming well come out!!

That is a worry that DH is an hour away. I'm lucky to have mine at home for 2 weeks now.

I think that's exactly the issue, no room left for our babies so they've slowed down with their movements. I felt 12 movements in half an hour and reported back to the day unit and they said that was fine. :)

It is a worry. Especially because I have no family here and MIL has to catch a bus over that only runs twice an hour. I'm not worried about me, its more about sorting Olivia out when the time comes. I have had a 3 different friends tell me they'll have her if I'm stuck but its still a worry.

Well, its a beautiful day again here so I think I will go for another walk :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->