TTC #2 for 11 months now...and need a buddy!!!

Hey...I just got on here to check on you!!!
I am still extremely sick...but ok.
They put me on some medicine to try to ease the nausea, but it hasn't helped much. And I have had trouble peeing...I know thats a little TMI...lol
I went to the ER a few nights ago, and they think I either have a cyst (which is why I am having side pain) or that my uterus is retroverted. But they never did a scan at the ER...which I thought was strange.

I have tried to get into the Dr. sooner...but they insist the 10th is the soonest they can see me and do a scan, so I guess we will see then.

So, how are you???
Any news from your Dr.???

I'm sorry you're so sick! I remember those days like yesterday...took me 16 weeks to get over it, then it returned in month 8 with a vengeance. And WOW, you have to wait a LONG time for your first scan!! I had mine at 6 weeks when I was prego with my daughter.
With my miscarriage I developed a corpus letuem cyst which apparently is normal with pregnancy. I still surprised they didn't do an ultrasound on you. My ER immediately did an ultrasound with my pregnancy. Grrrr.

I went to the doctor yesterday. They said my cyst was apprx 4.50cm..which is about the size of a lime. It was almost 7cm ... so at least it's coming down a little bit. BUT they put me on Birth Control pills for 3 more weeks. Ugh! I hate BCP with every ounce of my being. They are torture. Oh well, I am praying for June to be my month...but who really knows at this point. I know May is completely out though.

So instead of dumping money into fertility treatment for 2 months, we decided to remodel our kitchen :) So for the next month we will be busying ourselves with that. :) I'm excited :) :)

Well, let me know how your scan goes on the 10th ... I wanna see pics!!!!!

My sickness with my daughter lasted the whole 9 months...so I am praying this is gonna end sooner. With my daughter I pretty much lived in the hospital hooked up to IV's.

I was very shocked when they didn't do a scan. They acted like they were gnna do one, but never did. I was quite irritated.

That is great that your cyst has shrunk...but the bcp are horrible!!! But hopefully you will be back TTC very soon, and with a brand new kitchen!!!
We remodeled ours a few months ago....to try to keep our mind off ttc issues.

I will be sure to post pics as soon as I get my scan!!!

Ya know, my friend had severe nausea with both her pregnancies. They gave her a zofran pump ... she just pushed a button and it would inject it right into her blood stream. After being severely dehydrated and not being able to eat she said this was a miracle device!!! Would your doctor order something like that??? I could NOT imagine being that sick...but I guess I was sick about 6 out of the 9 months ... but at least I had a reprieve!

So I will post a beautiful picture of our new kitchen in a month and you can post a baby picture .... those 2 so don't sound like equal enjoyment ... but hey, I gotta work with what I got! LOL.

I actually had a patient when I was in nursing school with a zofran pump...but she was on chemo. I have seriously considered asking for one. The IV zofran works pretty well for me, but the pill form, not so much...so it's worth a try. Thanks for reminding me about it.

oh remodeling makes me super excited!!! We have lived in our house 3 years and I have remodeled so many times. I get tired of things, or get new ideas and remodel a whole room...lol
It drives my husband crazy!!!

I just wanted to say ... the old saying "Terrible Two's" is soooo correct! OMG, I am treading water this week with her.

Only good news to report ... I finally got her to pee on the potty! It's not all the time but since yesterday she has pee'd on the pot 3 times!!

On a last note, like I said my friend was on a zofran pump ... if you have any questions, I can email her with them. Her first baby was a girl and when her 2nd pregnancy was JUST like her first she thought maybe she was having a girl again .... low and behold her 2nd baby is a girl. Maybe you are having another girl??? Oh and another thing, I just heard about a gender blood test you can have done at 11 weeks. It will give you the gender of the baby (with 99.9% accuracy). Anyhow, if you have any questions, just let me know and I will pass it along to her (Actually I can FB her and she is really fast at responding).

Have you tried phenergan?? I had MUCH better luck with the phenergan vs zofran when it came to morning sickness. Just a thought :)

Hope you are doing ok.

I just got done telling my sister-in-law the same thing!!!
The past few days I feel like I don't know this child anymore...she is out of control!!!
And no matter how many times she goes to time out, she just gets out and does the same thing again...ugh!!! How much longer til 3??? haha

WOW!!! YAY for your little girl!!! I would be happy if mine would just get near her's. She won't even sit on it. Did you try anything new to make her decide to go?? I am up for any advice possible!!!

I do have a few questions actually if you don't mind asking her...

-did insurance cover it, and if not, how much was the cost.
-was it painful? I read online that it left large painful knots under your skin and you had to change the site of it a lot.
-And was it difficult to use??

oh, and I have tried phenergan with no success...I took it for months in my first pregnancy, and a few days with this one. Most of the time the meds come up before they have a chance to work...lol

Ok she wrote me a little novel response :) Hope it answers some of your questions:

Blue cross blue shield covers it completely in Alabama but in az it was an 80/20 split till deductible was met. Usually a home health group will oversee the whole thing with instruction from ur dr. The general plan is that u change ur site every 3 days (more often if needed). It does leave knots that take a bit to heal and are genuinely uncomfortable and a pain in the ass.. The needle sticks aren't bad cuz it's a quick poke (and I hate needles) and the needle comes out leaving a plastic catheter in that delivers the meds. Since it's a subcutaneous delivery (in other words just puts mess into fatty tissue) that's why the knots form. My first time with (her daughter) I was on the pump for almost 11 weeks and they jump started it with a 72 hour iv to get me hydrated. I had lost 13 lbs and was about 9 weeks. They taught me how to stick myself and set everything up but I had to change my site every morning for that whole time cuz they had me do it in my thighs. I had to call in to the nurses every other day to check in and they mailed me supplies and meds. This time I lost 7 lbs and was at week 9 with 2 trips to the ER for fluids and my dr here in Alabama said screw it I could either go with the pump or get a picc line. Pump is much better! I have been on this time for over 15 weeks but should be coming off next week but this time this home health group comes to me every 3 days and does all my site changes! (much better if u can get it). They also are using my tummy for sites which had been much more tolerable though I wouldn't have been able to stick myself there. The nurses here told me that because u use ur leg muscles so much that's why I was having trouble the first time and needing to change the site so much. Anyways thats my story and I hope it helps answer some questions. The pumps aren't that bad but being preggo and sick and then having to be stuck every 3 days wears on u. Just have to remember why u need the pump and how important it is. Dehydration can trigger premature labor and if u don't get a handle on the nausea it can cause u to lose the baby. Best part is that no matter the weight loss or how ur body feels that baby takes what it needs and is fine. It truly is a parasite in that way so know the baby is ok and it's the momma that needs the help. I hope ur friend feels better and doesn't have to use a pump long. Both of my cases have been called excessive compared to most so she may only be on it a few weeks and good or on longer. Most are on a pump less than 8 weeks. If she has questions or I can help in any other way let me know. It was very scary the first time for me cuz I knew no one who had done this before. The group they used in phx was alere home health but they don't come to u every 3 days just kind of leave u other than phone calls. K I've written my novel on my phone so sorry it's a bit all over the place *hugs*

Ok, that was her response ... :)

Thank you so much!!! That answered a lot. Tell her I really appreciate it.

P.S. -- My little munchkin has been peeing in the potty all day today. I am not doing anything different from what I have in the last year. It finally just "clicked". I did take her to the store to pick out her "pee pee in the potty" rewards. Once she pee'd in her potty, she immediately asked me for her new toy :) Not to mention, once she pee'd I was so overjoyed I danced, clapped, kissed and hugged her like crazy. Teehee!!! :)

I am so happy for you!!!!

Is she wearing training pants or is she wearing her panties??

I think the training pants might be confusing my daughter...but if I put panties on, she pees in them.

I have her in nothing from the waist down during the day. That way she can run to the potty herself and just go. She can't take her clothes off yet by herself (I think that's a blessing actually). But when we go to the store or put her to bed I put her in Pull-ups. I still tell her that she can't pee in them and to tell mommy if she has to go. She has yet to pee in them on accident.

so, I had my scan today....and was very very shocked to see not 1, but 2 little babies!!!
I am in a little bit of shock right now. Never really saw this coming. But they did say it was probably the cause of my extreme nausea.

I will try to post pics soon. How are you doing??

so, I had my scan today....and was very very shocked to see not 1, but 2 little babies!!!
I am in a little bit of shock right now. Never really saw this coming. But they did say it was probably the cause of my extreme nausea.

I will try to post pics soon. How are you doing??

WOW NO WAY!!! POST PICS POST PICS!!!! CONGRATS!!!! :baby::baby:!!!!!

my scanner isn't working...so I had to take pics of them with my phone, so they're not that great.

Attachments

• twins 005.jpg
    twins 005.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 2
  • twins 006.jpg
    twins 006.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 2
  • twins 007.jpg
    twins 007.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 4
Wow, they look so big already!! I am so thrilled for you!!!!! (a smidgin jealous too!:haha:) Keep posting new ones as they come!!!

How's the nausea???

when is your next appointment? Are you having any relief from the cyst?

The nausea is still absolutely horrible!!!! And because it is multiples, he said nothing would help...he wants me to wait til after the 14th week to discuss the zofran pump, to see if it eases off on its own.

I got my appt moved up to Friday! Really can't wait to find out what it looks like now!!! :) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->