TTC #2 for 9 mo.

The one I have is the same Annabelle, just a higher dosage per pill I guess. I am just hoping something works this month.

Think mine is the same looking at the bottle....hmm maybe I will try just one pill 500mg next cycle. Already making plans as with AF cramps and EWCM I am 99.9% certain she is on her way. And probably early. :(
Although I would be over the moon with a BFP next cycle, I am slightly less fussed next cycle because the EDD would clash with DS 2nd birthday. Might use it as a chance to take things a bit easy and try get rid of some of this stress. :thumbup:

Testing tomorrow morning. FRER. FMU. 6am sharp. :rofl:

:bfn: :nope:

Whatever you do, please don't tell me "there is still time" etc. etc. AF is due tomorrow or Monday so there is no time for something to implant before it all comes crashing down. I am disappointed but I expected it. Just gonna move on with my life, cycle 10, eat chocolate, and make plans for getting the HyCoSy done.

2016 I am sorry that AF is on her way. I am on cycle 14 of trying. Oh well..... tonight and tomorrow night are my last two nights of Clomid. The just sit and wait for O. Well we will start BD every other day until then. Oh goodness I hope something works this month.

Another BFN and temp drop this morning but it's no suprise, I know my body by now. Shame the acupuncturist really wouldn't believe me when I told him there was no success this cycle. He insisted it was too early. Gonna have to break his heart next week.
I know cycle 10 doesn't seem that much but we were NTNP for 2 months before that. Think what scares me more is the knowledge that my tubes are likely blocked so I am wasting my time. Gonna have to get tough at the doctors tomorrow.

Oh and I meant to say if you find Clomid is drying you up, EPO and Grapefruit juice helps increase my CM LOADS.

Right then, all bleeding has stopped, i feel fine physically, so back to trying again!! Not going to take it too seriously untill ive had my first period but we were so desperate to be intimate again so just want to get back at it! So what CD are you both at?

About to start CD1 tomorrow.

:dust: to you

I am CD 7 today and took my last Clomid also. Didn't have the hotflashes when I took it this time. Don't know if that is a good or bad thing. 2016 what is EPO?

Evening primrose oil. I take 1000mg a day up to ov. Great hormone balancer and creates lots of EWCM. Better go take mine now you have reminded me!

Wish me luck at the docs. I lay in bed wide awake for 5 hours total last night because I couldn't stop thinking about it.

So I just went and bought the EPO and they are 1000 mg pills and says to take 3 per day. Are you only taking one and if so why did you decide not to take the full dose?

I only take one. My bottle says 1000mg is the maximum dose. Never felt like I needed more but maybe start with 1000mg and increase later on if you want. Only up to ov though as it can apparently cause contractions that stop implantation.

Went very well at docs today. Will post more details later.

Copied from my journal:

Had insomnia for 5 HOURS last night, I was so worried and ended up in pieces this morning. But in the end, the appointment went so much better than expected! :happydance:

First time I have seen this doctor, and she is the one who is my "official" doctor at the new practice. Good job she was excellent today! :thumbup:
I decided to go in and tell her straight what I thought I needed:
- HyCoSy
- Progesterone

She said she agreed with me but I would need a consultant to refer me for the HyCoSy and to prescribe the meds. NHS being NHS means I have to repeat all the hoops I had to jump through while TTC#1. Day 3 & 21 bloods, rubella antibody bloods (even though i have had this done twice before), chlamydia/gonhorrea swabs/smears up to date and possibly semen analysis. She will then refer me to the lovely consultant I saw before.

Slight frustration is how much time this is all going to take...

....a month for the bloods to be done an referral letter to be sent
....4 week waiting list to see the consultant (guess it could be worse)
....then however long it takes to arrange the HyCoSy.

......and then if all has failed make a decision whether or not we want to go ahead with private IVF with egg sharing. We can't afford to pay for it outright but it would only cost £650 max with egg sharing and that is if the private clinic has to do bloods/swabs/semen etc. which will already have been done so actually probably only £200 to pay. :)

So I am basically writing off the next few cycles. Going to stop the acupuncture and chinese meds and definitely not use progesterone so that my bloods are a true reflection of the actual situation. Will still temp and OPK because I will need this info when I go see the FS.

At least there is now a plan in place.

I am so glad that the doctor is moving in the right direction. I do hate that it will take so long for everything, but look at it this way. Atleast the time spent is towards the ultimate good. You could be ticking away this time with no answers. Maybe with this stress off of you now, you can relax and things might go a little bit smoother. You have dates and goals and plans... Things to look forward to. I know it seems like a long time, but with so much going on it will go by pretty fast.

Good to see they actually have a plan in place for you. That's good news at least!!

Out of curiosity, what is HyCoSy? And what is egg sharing?

How're things Angelria?

Thanks ladies! :flower:

A HyCoSy is basically when they inject dye into your uterus (through a catheter) and watch it spill out the tubes using ultrasound. It is a 15 minute procedure and no anesthetic is used (though I can imagine it's a bit uncomfortable).

With egg sharing you basically go through an IVF cycle but give half of your eggs away to someone who needs them eg. because they have had early menopause/ovarian cancer etc. Normally you would make about 8 eggs in a cycle, so 4 are given away but, if by some chance you only make 4, then you can keep all 4. You never meet the person you've donated to but the donation is registered so technically any offspring could look me up in the future! When you do this the cycle costs about £500 instead of £5000. Many people don't agree with this, but paying fully isn't an option for us and I personally think it is nice to give a couple a chance to have a baby that might have met even more difficult circumstances than mine!

Doing good. CD 9 and waiting to ovulate. Don't see the EPO or Maca working. No extra CM yet and I am more exhausted than ever. So no extra energy with the Maca which is not helping with BDing. I have an appt today to talk to my doctor. I am having a hard time keeping my eyes open at work. Nothing helps. Tried coffee. Don't really want to try much more since TTC and already taking so many things right now. I have been working with a personal trainer to lose some weight and thought that would help with energy, but no luck. I even eat REALLY healthy now. I had more energy when I was lazy and fat LOL.

Bummer. Wonder why you're so tired? Hopefully the dr can help figure it out. I have read that both epo and maca can take a month or two to work for some people. Just takes your body getting used to it I guess.

2016 - Thanks for the info. That is a really generous thing you would do to help a stranger like that. There are so many people that can't have kids b/c of old eggs or whatever, so I think it's great that you would be selfless enough to donate (even though the price difference in IVF is your main motivation). I've never heard of that over here.

I have had the dye test done, just didn't know the name of it. It hurt like hell for me, but it's so brief that the pain doesn't last long. It's actually pretty interesting to see the dye going through your tubes. Good luck with it!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->