TTC #2 for 9 mo.

Those digis always seem a bit slow on the uptake. :dohh: Silly really because your line on the FRER is absolutely clear as day. Normally I would say FMU is best but it seems later works a bit better for you. Maybe try in the afternoon with pee held for at least 4 hours and not much to drink. As for hubby, I am terrible at keeping my own secrets so there is no way I could wait to tell. And besides I think it is only fair they share the highs and lows of TTC. It's up to you though as I don't know how your hubby will react in different situations.

I ended up telling him. He walked in the door and I asked him if he would be honest with me and he said yes and I said "Does this baby make me look fat" he smiled. He is still not really trusting the FRER either. He wants to see the digi.

:rofl: what a sweet and funny thing to say! :rofl: I believe it but can understand why you would want to see the digi, I would too after so long.

As for me....bfn this morning. I know it's only 9dpo but AF is due tomorrow so that is just about it for me. Very disappointed but I am that at least one of us got our chance this month. It will be my turn next time. :thumbup:
Going to eat some chocolate now. :dohh:

That is a very short LP. You honestly don't think Clomid will help? I ovulated on my own, but the Clomid lengthened my LP. I don't know if that is what helped or not. I also used the EPO, Macca and Preseed. I stopped the Macca when I ovulated though because I didn't feel like it was doing anything. My hubby also used it for a bit, but only for a couple of weeks to make me happy.
I took another wondfo test this morning and there was a very faint second line, but it was there. I guess my levels just aren't really strong in the mornings. I thought to about getting a blood test since there is no denying that. I just know it would still take a couple of days to get that back. The hubby wants to tell his Grandma this weekend at her birthday party since she is about to have open heart surgery and he is not sure she will make it through it. I am just nervous about doing that since I haven't seen the word or heard it from a doctors mouth. I never thought it would be so hard convincing myself that I was prego.
When you went to the FS did they seemed concerned about your LP being short? It just doesn't seem like enought time for everything to happen before AF kicks in. I don't know, I am not a doctor.

they weren't concerned and said they wouldn't prescribe Clomid :(

ok. Well if they aren't concerned then I am sure it will happen in its own. How are you feeling today?

Doctors over here tend to not be concerned as a default! I'm thinking of getting my doc in south Africa to prescribe it to me and get my sister to courier it over. Or maybe I should try soy or just try be more patient!

Today I feel frustrated, disappointed, PMSsy...all good things really! :haha:

I am truly so happy for you though and can't wait to see your digi. Are you going to do one this aft?

Just did the digi and it is still negative. I am thinking digi won't work unless I am past AF due date. Yes I heard soy is suppose to do the same as Clomid. Did AF show yet?

Ahhh that's a bugger! Why won't the stupid digi play the game? I want you to start believing you are pregnant. I have heard many many women though have the same experience. I think the manufacturers claim of 25miu sensitivity is a load of nonsense.

I remember trying soy before while TTC #1 but never had success on those cycles and on one of them my LP was just 3 days! :wacko: I think it was the B6 that caused that problem though.

Got my Day 21 results back today and they are quite interesting:

Progesterone - 26.2 (they like to see >10 to confirm ovulation)
Prolactin - 146 (normal range 3-30!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Remember at this stage I was only 3dpo so why was my progesterone so high if I hadn't even started the pessaries yet? And if I have such good progesterone levels, why does my LP end so soon?
I tried to google raised prolactin levels but all I could find was talk of pituitary tumours. Lovely. :dohh:
Apparently the doctor wants to talk to me about it, I assume to have my prolactin retested to check it wasn't a fluke. I have an appointment booked for 9am Monday.

AF has not arrived but she is due tomorrow. I would hope the progesterone I am taking gives me at least 1 extra day if not 2.

That is strange. Yea I learned a long time ago not to google too many things because in the long run it will end up scaring you.
So now I am POAS obsessed. I did another FRER and it was more faint than yesterdays. The digi I did 2 hours earlier was negative. I had only a little bit of urine that I did the FRER with so I don't know if I didn't hold my pee long enough. Or I am thinking maybe chemical pregnancy. That is the problem with testing so early. I just don't know what to think.
Could the doc not get you in tomorrow? I am a very impatient person as you can see so I would hate having to wait all weekend.

I have been TTC for 10 months now with no luck! I have irregular cycles as well. Most of them are 40 days. In Sept it went to like 60 but i ended up having an infection. I will definitely be your buddy. I have NO friends TTC right now and now support other than my Hubby. Im on day 25 of this cycle and two days ago i got a positive OPK and I also started spotting the same day. Hoping for good news this month :)

Hi jbk! :wave: Glad you have joined us so I am not TTC on my own! :haha:

I am 10dpo today and got another BFN and my temp has dropped. I am taking progesterone this cycle and was hoping it would help my short LP....but it appears not.

Have decided I am going to try soy next cycle - 200mg on days 3-7 to improve ovulation and maybe fix my LP that way.

Hi JBK welcome. Although I am no longer TTC as I have fallen pregnant I know the difficulty as we tried for 14 mo. I will be staying on this thread since I have made friends here and do not want to lose touch and want to continue to help cheer you on through the process.
2016 I had it confirmed through a blood test so I now believe. LOL

Holy Sh*t!! I'm off for a couple days and come back to a BFP Angelria??? Congrats!!!!! :happydance: That is so awesome! I'm so glad you got the blood test to confirm it instead of waiting for the dang digi to work. :flower:

Try again in a day or two; it'll show. It's crazy to finally see those two lines isn't it, after so many negatives? I'm so happy for you.

2016 - I think you really are good luck. Hopefully your own good luck can rub off on you soon. I know google can be bad, but everything I've read says it's definitely a defect if your LP is less than 12 days. Have you ever tried Vitex? I've heard of women using that to help lengthen and regulate cycles? I've also heard good things about soy, so hopefully one of those will work for you.

I have been TTC for 10 months now with no luck! I have irregular cycles as well. Most of them are 40 days. In Sept it went to like 60 but i ended up having an infection. I will definitely be your buddy. I have NO friends TTC right now and now support other than my Hubby. Im on day 25 of this cycle and two days ago i got a positive OPK and I also started spotting the same day. Hoping for good news this month :)

Welcome jbk! I was TTC for 13-14 months also b/4 I got pregnant with my second, so I can empathize with your situation. Have you been to a dr and had any tests run on why your cycles are so messed up?

I am working on it. My next annual is in July, but i think i am going to go back before. I am currently seeing my family doctor for some other stuff and they ran all the blood tests. But i wont get results until April 9th and if everything is normal then i am going to call my obgyn for answers.

ALSO Congrats on becoming pregnant!! I know that has to be exciting :) Can't wait until I am there with you!

...for once I was my own lucky charm! :happydance: :cloud9:

DSC_1213.JPG

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Inverted for your pleasure...
DSC_1213-1.JPG

Of course DH then did the infuriating "I can't see it" routine. So I cracked open the SuperDrug test I had forgotten I had....
S1290016.JPG

It seems impossible to get the camera to pick the line up on the one, I think because of the shiny plastic window. Sorry the pic is on the wonk but the best view of the line was actually in a picture when I took of another test and it was not the main focus! :wacko:

ARE YOU KIDDING ME??????/ YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my... I can't believe it am I just so insanely happy for you right now. I am sorry I did not see this earlier. Congrats.

Thanks angelria. You do realise my lines are no darker than yours...so have you accepted you're preggers yet? Have you tested anymore? I'm worried I might test myself into oblivion. Went out and bought a pack of 2 FRERs today, 2 CB digitals and have about 20 cheapies still. I intend to test with a FRER tomorrow and a cheapie every day so I can obsess if the line is getting doubly darker. I am still high risk for ectopic but am trying to take comfort that with both ectopics I tested BFN until 15dpo.

I bet that's why my progesterone and prolactin levels at 3dpo were way above normal. :rofl:

I am just astounded due to the comparative lack of BD this cycle. I really didn't think there was a chance. And I really don't think I had any symptoms to speak of though, looking back, a few strange things happened that I just brushed off:
- Around 5dpo I think I went to the loo in the night and when I tried to go back to bed I felt so dizzy and faint I literally had to lie down on the spot then crawl back to bed. Felt like I was falling off the planet!
- On Thursday I started with a very sore throat on one side only. I often get a sore throat during the TWW but this was like swallowing a razor-coated golfball. Then it just suddenly disappeared.
- I had a couple of gushes if watery CM and normally only get creamy.
- I had a sharp pain like round ligament twice when I sneezed.
- I've felt more exhausted this week than usual.
- Yesterday when I got out the shower I felt like my bbs were in the way while I dried myself like they'd got bigger overnight.
- I burst into tears at work yesterday because I wasn't copied in on an email! *blush* Fortunately nobody saw me as I dashed to the loos. :dohh:

So quite a lot when I look at it actually! Funny how I managed to ignore all that and was genuinely shocked this morning to see the second line. :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->