Ttc #2

So sorry rose! That really sucks! And who cares about an age gap? I don't get along at all with my sister who's 2 years older than me, but get on well with the ones that are 7 and 9 years older. You never know what kids will be like.

Thankfully most people in my life are not nosy and rude. Plus people know how demanding DD was in her first year so I made it clear we weren't going to be ready for another for A WHILE.

OH no rose! I as feeling good vibes for you this month!

Slammerkin you are so right- sometimes a closer age gap just means they fight more!

As for me, one of my friends moms just died from a random blood clot at age 55! She leaves behind my friend, who is 26, and her younger brother, who is 22. They now have no parents as their dad died 10 years ago. My friend doesn't have children yet and it blows my mind that now her mom will never meet them.

Just makes me think of how short life is, how we are getting older, and how we need to remember our blessings.

What is different about trying for baby #2 is that we all have a child and we are so blessed. I think back to TTC #1 and how scared I was that it would never happen and I would never have children. Now, although I don't want to think this way, the truth is, if God never blessed me with another child, I would be thankful I have my son. Of course we all want more kids and I would do whatever it takes to make that happen, but just wanted to throw out that reminder to our group of how blessed we are and how so many women in the TTC #1 forums wish they were us!

Stay positive ladies! Don't let those friends or family asking when you're going to have another baby get you down! You got this! You know what you're doing and it will happen!!

Loving having all of you to vent to! Baby dust to all!! :happydance:

Perfectly said Bselk24!!! So many blessings we have to be thankful For!!!!

AFM: AF came this morning even earlier then last month.....onto next cycle.......kindve disappointed Bc my DH is going to work out of town when AF goes off.....this was our window but God has other plans so I'll chat with you ladies next time. Good luck to you all!!!!

You're right bselck. And we considered not having another child because DD's birth was traumatic and I almost died, so I have spent time imagining us as just a family of three, and it's not a bad picture.

That being said...tested today and BFN and I'm pretty upset. :( Huge temp drop this morning too, so AF might be coming today.

well said Bselck! I know i definitely forget to really appreciate that fact that i do have an amazing beautiful daughter when I'm so caught up in trying to have another one.

Sorry nevergivingup and slammerkin for the arrival of AF =/ I know it sucks. I'm sure I'm out this month too. I took a test this morning and it was a bfn. I know it was only 8dpo but i was thinking how neat it would be, if even it were just a faint positive, for hubby and I. oh well. temp is still up but also has been the same temp in a row for a while now. Dunno if that means anything bad...like maybe the thermometer is messed up. i dunno. I'm not too happy today either. Getting that negative has really put me in a negative mood.

happy valentines day to you all though!

Happy Valentine's Day ladies!!

Slammer and nevergivingup so sorry about this cycle being a bust!

Hope u guys had some awesome family time today :)

As for me, Mirena removal this Thursday! Starting to get nervous that this TTC #2 thing is really about to happen!!

THANKS LADIES
Bselk24: I know you're excited and anxious for Thursday to get here Bc I am for you!!!!!! Wohoooo!! How long does it usually take to get your hormones back regular after the mirena removal?

Shaele: THANKS!!! Don't count yourself out already....it's only 8Dpo...it's still hope!! But I know exactly how you feel after taking that hpt....it really does do something to your mood at least mine did...it's like after I took that test I knew I was out....won't do that again.....at I'll try not too anyway...

AFM: my AF should be gone by this coming Sat. So I'm almost there, right.
My AF was super early this month...it usually doesn't show until the 20th but last month it showed on the 18th and thus month it showed today on the 14th my DH and I was surprised as to why it was so early and HEAVY...I needed 2 pads (TMI) somehow I think I had a chemical or either I just ovulated 1 week after my AF went off....SO READY FOR TOMORROW To go out and buy my Opks and try this thing again...!!!

Positive thoughts ladies....a fresh new start for us AF ladies!!!

I'm sorry Nevergiveup and Slammerkin.

Shaele, hopefully your still too early to get a BFP and it's still yet to show!

Bsleck, how exciting! It's come up fast. I'm sure it's going to go smoothly but I was scared/excited when I went in to get mine out. I was scared that it would t be a straight forward removal. I know what you mean by it getting real. I'm 2nd cycle TTC off mirena and it's still just hitting me lol.

You are so right BSelk24! If we for some reason can't have a second child I would still feel beyond blessed to have our daughter!

I'm so sorry slammerkin and nevergiving up it didn't happen this cycle!

Don't count yourself out yet Shalae! You still have time!

For me I'm not feeling it this cycle. I don't know why. Last month when we didn't even try and just did it once the two weeks were unbearable and this time I'm not even thinking about even though we really tried. And it's not even reversed jinx-thinking:) I just have a feeling there won't be a baby this year. We will have family from overseas staying with us my entire next fertile period and our daughter will sleep in our bed so I just don't see any possibilty to BD. Get up in the middle of the night and do it quietly in the bathroom? I don't think so. I don't mean to sound negative. I actually feel a calm about it and I better embrace that while it lasts:)

Aww sorry Shaele! I'm usually pretty cranky before AF too, but I must be too distracted thinking about potentially being pregnant to feel too much annoyance with DH this time. Heh. But I do get annoyed at the littlest things and it's so hard to talk yourself down in the moment. He ALWAYS leaves his dirty tea bags in the sink after pouring out his cup, and it drives my craaazzzyy because it leaves a dirty spot behind once I come along and take it out. Like, this is clearly a silly simple thing, but I'll get enraged about it periodically!

Here's maybe a story from last night to make you feel better. I haven't even yet asked my husband for the details on exactly HOW HE LET THIS HAPPEN without noticing, but.... He was putting DD to bed and somehow didn't realize that she got gotten hold of the Desitin diaper rash cream (which I really NEVER use - I had only pulled it out of the depths of a drawer last night to try since DD has this rash that has been persistent for weeks). Anyway, I don't know what exactly happened, but I hear them come out of the room and go to the bathroom and he's telling her not to put her fingers in her eyes, so I go investigate... She has Desitin ALL OVER her face, eyes, hair, hands, and jammies. Like...WTF?? How did this happen?? I'm all in a panic about it getting in her eyes or if she ate any of it!!

Let me tell you - that crap does NOT come off easily! Makeup wipes did a pretty good job on her face and hands, but it took a bath last night AND this morning, a failed attempt with her mild shampoo, my regular shampoo, and finally MULTIPLE rounds of Dawn dishsoap to get it all out of her hair. :dohh: :nope: :wacko: :growlmad:

Thanks slammerkin. I am sorry you had to deal with desitin issue! i know it is very hard to come off. which i guess is the point but not when you don't want it there!!! And yeah my husband would definitely have let something like that happen. Absolutely oblivious to surroundings. I think it must be a guy thing. I see it happen time and time again and I'm always baffled. We have a 2 story house and when things have to go upstairs we set them on the bottom step so we bring it up with us when we go up. HE NEVER BRINGS ANYTHING UP. And when I ask him why he says "i didn't see it." I'm like how did you not see it! you had to literally step over it and not trip on the damn thing!!! ugh.

babydoll- when do you normally ovulate? i can't remember if you mentioned before im sorry. if you normally o before cd18 then i would probably guess it might be a few to one day earlier this time? this month might have been just an exception. that is if you have a pretty regular cycle too. in any case starting your opk's at cd10 will definitely catch it.

hunni-that looks like left over unabsorbed semen fluid. even if my dh and i bd the night before if he does a lot there will still be some of his gift left behind the next day when i wipe. always a blast....:nope:

kpnuts-hey hows it going? did you get to take a hpt?

Hi Shaele, well my period was 3 days late which I was of course getting my hopes up but on to this month now!!!
My cousin told me that when she was trying to conceive she was told she had polycystic ovaries and started taking mulberry leaf tablets and got pregnant fairly quickly with them with her first 2 pregnancies but not sure on her last pregnancy. Going to give them a try once I can order them!!

How interesting!! I have never heard of mulberry leaf tablets!!? Do u take them before or after ovulation?

Thanks for all of he good wishes for my Mirena removal this week!

Babydoll- did u track your O last month after you got your Mirena removed? Was it on time? I'm so interested to see how my cycles will be once mine is removed!

How interesting!! I have never heard of mulberry leaf tablets!!? Do u take them before or after ovulation?

Thanks for all of he good wishes for my Mirena removal this week!

Babydoll- did u track your O last month after you got your Mirena removed? Was it on time? I'm so interested to see how my cycles will be once mine is removed!

I had my mirena removed on the 30th of December. I didn't get periods whilst I had it so it's made TTC a little hard as I have no idea what is "normal" for me after having ds. Last cycle I O'd on cd 19 and had a 30 day cycle. I started my OPK's yesterday and this morning I got a really close to positive test. This evening (after only 1.5 hour hold cause I forgot) its negative. So not sure what's going on. I've had loads of water cm with the odd ewcm in it yesterday/today too.

So instead of taking my regular "Honest Company" prenatals I think I'm going to switch over to Geritol multivitamin, have anyone else heard any thing about it or tried it?

Hi All

I'm TTC #2 too! We haven't been trying for long we decided at the end of my last period we would stop using contraception and just see what happens.I haven't been tracking anything but every twinge I've had I've instantly though "omg I'm pregnant"

my daughter is 3 and a 1/2 and constantly asks for a sister or a brother and I think it is time. Not just for her but for me too. I'm 30 in 2 years and I would like my baby making to be finished with by then.

I'm 5 days late on my period this month and too nervous to test just yet.....I've got the tender boobs,uterus pains, tiredness..... but i could just be due on. I hate how TTC makes you obsessed with every bodily function. Lol

I hope everyone gets the BFP they want.

Love to you so.

Ash xxx

Sorry I havent read through all of the posts, but I just wanted to say to the original poster that your daughter is absolutely beautiful, she looks just like a wee doll.

[/QUOTE]Hi Shaele, well my period was 3 days late which I was of course getting my hopes up but on to this month now!!!
My cousin told me that when she was trying to conceive she was told she had polycystic ovaries and started taking mulberry leaf tablets and got pregnant fairly quickly with them with her first 2 pregnancies but not sure on her last pregnancy. Going to give them a try once I can order them!![/QUOTE]

Sorry for this month kpnuts but I'm glad you are already excited and ready to go for next time! I haven't heard of these mulberry leaf tablets. hopefully they work for you!

thanks nevergivingup, babydoll, and jennys! It gave me a little more hope to know i was a bit early at 8dpo...but i took another test this morning (10dpo-which is also when i got a positive for my daughter) and it was a bfn. so truly i think i am out this month. period is due friday. I have no explanation for the sore and sensitive nips and more firm boobs this time though. I really never get these symptoms even before period is due. SO WHO KNOWS. just frustrating as always.

bselck- good luck this week! can't believe it's almost time! came so fast! probably not fast enough for you though lol. Then you can join us in our misery of tww! ;)

nevergivingup-i haven't heard of these pills. are they just a regular every day vitamin or specifically made for ttc?

Ash- hello and welcome to the group! we are glad you are here =) I think it's definitely time to test when you are 5 days late. I don't know how you are managing not to lol! now that is some strong will power! i know what you mean about focusing on every little thing during ttc...sometimes i feel like i'm making things up in my head. i wonder did i actually feel this or is it my brain making me think i did because i want to? i hope when you do test its a positive for you though!

joeybrooks- awwwwww thank you so much! that's really sweet of you to say i really appreciate it. a lot of people say she looks like a little doll! in fact at her pediatricians office one of the staff at the front desk is always saying she's going to bring in a doll she had when she was a little girl that looks exactly like her to show me lol. That was her when she turned 1. (She's 18mo now) but it's one of my favorite pictures! so yes, thank you =D

Well, at least I had a very busy weekend to keep me distracted from dwelling on not being knocked up. I started potty-training DD on Saturday, so that was a big focus through Monday (had the day off for federal holiday). Proud to say she's doing awesome! No accidents yesterday and she even pooped on the potty. DH was/is sick so he was laid up pretty much all weekend so I was doing everything myself. We also had a snow storm, so I had to do the shoveling out too. Nice to keep busy.

Shaele: I think they're just regular vitamins but a lot of older women mentioned then to me on different occasions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->