Ttc #2

@Ash: welcome...glad to see your daughter wellcomes a baby. My son said no lol. You should test.
afm,

af should be here in a few days...This cm is this creamy? When i wiped it on the tissue it is yellowsih

https://i66.tinypic.com/iemmgh.jpghttps://i67.tinypic.com/npetkp.jpg

So I'm gonna try OPKs this month. Just ordered some online. I kinda feel like it's overkill, but then also maybe it will mean we can just take it a bit easier on the BD and not do it 6 days in a row, lol.

What's the best way to use them? I ordered Wondfos.

I start from Cd13 as I normally O around CD18. I start with once a day and when I get near to 18 and I can feel my cm getting wetter and stretchier I do it twice a day - late morning and late afternoon/evening if I'm at work. If it's your first time I would start around Cd9/10. Once the test line gets as dark as/darker than the control, it's positive. I test the next day too (also normally positive) and then stop once it's negative again.

Well, at least I had a very busy weekend to keep me distracted from dwelling on not being knocked up. I started potty-training DD on Saturday, so that was a big focus through Monday (had the day off for federal holiday). Proud to say she's doing awesome! No accidents yesterday and she even pooped on the potty. DH was/is sick so he was laid up pretty much all weekend so I was doing everything myself. We also had a snow storm, so I had to do the shoveling out too. Nice to keep busy.

wow that's great slammerkin! I hear girls are usually easier to potty train...at least i do hope so when i get to that point. But no accidents first attempt that's a really great sign and definitely proud mommy worthy! Also glad to hear you are going to try opks this time. it definitely will minimize your bd window...when you have to bd that is. you seem to have on the shorter side of the cycles...at least from your charts...so i would try testing starting CD10 (never with first morning urine) try testing mid morning if you can. your body starts producing the surge hormone in the morning so it might not be in your urine yet if you test too early. and you want to get your positive at the beginning of your surge for maximum accuracy so while using first morning urine you might get a positive the next day there's no guarantee that that's the beginning of your surge and not the mid or end of it. for reference i usually O on CD18 or 19. I start testing on CD14. gives me a bit of wiggle room in case i O earlier. Good luck with them! If these are hard to interpret (especially the line colors when they start getting close) think about getting digital ones by clear blue...gives you a clear smiley face for positive and empty circle for negative...if you like using the opks that is.

Thanks for the tips!

Three poop accidents in DD's underwear yesterday, and a pee, so we're not out of the woods yet, lol! But We're still on the right track I'm sure. :)

Good work with potty training slammerkin. Even with a few accidents it's still progress.

Afm; cd14 and I'm in my fertile window. I should O within 6 days so now we're up to the exciting part but I am dreading the tww. At least this tww I might be able to distract my self a little as AF is due the day before my birthday and I'm sure family will be asking me what we're doing to celebrate it. DH's is 8 days after mine and he wants to go to a theme park (Dreamworld Australia) so I'm sure we will just do something low key for mine - which is more my speed anyway.

How's everyone else getting on?

Hey ladies! Welcome everyone new to the thread!

Slammer I'm excited you're going to try OPKs!! Shale and rose were right on with their tips!

As for me, THE MIRENA IS OUT... ITS OFFICIALLY OUT!! Lol

I feel like saying ok great, I'd like to be pregnant tomorrow now thank you.

But at least I can say my journey has begun and I am finally in it with you ladies!

I moved up my appt for my Mirena removal to today because I was supposed to start my period on the 20th. I heard you most likely bleed after removal so I wanted it to be in sync with my normal periods. Annnnd of course I started last night and into this morning! Ugh! Lol but it was light and my doctor didn't care haha thank goodness!

As for pain during removal it was nothing- a light twinge. I just really feel tired and bloated but that's pretty normal for me on my period anyways so Im fine with that.

My doctor said it is possible to be pregnant your first month and hopes to see me back soon with a positive pregnancy test! She is great and I left feeling so positive! My hope is that my body will return to normal over the next couple of months and I can be pregnant by summer! Dream big! Pray hard and BD even harder!! Lol jk

Talk to you all soon! :thumbup:

Good work with potty training slammerkin. Even with a few accidents it's still progress.

Afm; cd14 and I'm in my fertile window. I should O within 6 days so now we're up to the exciting part but I am dreading the tww. At least this tww I might be able to distract my self a little as AF is due the day before my birthday and I'm sure family will be asking me what we're doing to celebrate it. DH's is 8 days after mine and he wants to go to a theme park (Dreamworld Australia) so I'm sure we will just do something low key for mine - which is more my speed anyway.

OH and Babydoll! I forgot to say how amazing it would be if you got your BFP for your bday!! Dreamworld Australis sounds amazing (I will have to look this up!) but I can just imagine you going there for your hubbys bday and just puking all over everyone on the rides because you're pregnant!! :haha: good luck love!

Glad it's out BSelck - hopefully your TTC journey is nice and short :)

LOL BSelck @ "BD even harder" hehehe

I just took a closer look at your signature and saw your son was born at 23 weeks! Wow! Miracle baby indeed! I hope the next one stays cooking a bit longer. I'm sure that was a shock and hard to deal with. :hugs:

Thanks Rose!

And Slammerkin yes it was so scary! My pregnancy was absolutely non eventful up until the day I started having contractions!

I googled it and believed they were just Braxton hicks... But they kept getting closer together and were pretty consistent so we went to the dr and I was in labor! Dialated to 3cm and fully effaced!

They were able to stop my labor but found out I had an extremely bad amniotic infection and they had to deliver him that day! At 23 weeks 1 day!

So after talking with my doctors and getting a physical done they say that infection was a fluke so it should not happen with future pregnancies. With that being said, I am still scared! I used to be scared of miscarriages and now I'm just scared of pre-term labor!

So my OBGYN has a plan and I am to get progesterone shots starting at 16 weeks to prevent pre term labor.

Scary stuff and DEFINITELY hoping to keep the next lil one in for much longer!

How are you guys doing?

YAY! Bsleck. I told you there was nothing to worry about with the mirena removal. Glad your TTC now.
:haha: I never thought of going while pregnant and puking over everything. I'd have to be careful what I went on too but I'm not into a lot of the high thrill rides.

Oh wow! What a scary process your lo birth was. Definitely a miracle baby. Fx the next one makes it to full term.

babydoll-man what a great birthday gift if AF didn't come!! I hope that's the case for you! I also hope you have a great time at Dreamworld Australia! if you go that is! That sounds like a lot of fun...yer lucky its summer where you are now. We are in the dead of winter!

bselck- congrats on having your mirena removed! I am excited for you! Glad everything went well. would be great if you got pregnant your first cycle without it! here's hopping for you...Also what an amazing story about your son! I'm so happy he pulled through cause 23 weeks my goodness he must have been sooooo tiny! Glad you were ok too from the infection! Here your baby didn't want to stay in and mine didn't want to come out! funny how the whole process of creating a child and then birthing them can be so different for everyone when at the end we all get the same thing...a beautiful baby to love and cherish. here's hoping next one will not be so scary for you and decides to bake a bit more....

as for me didn't get pregnant this cycle *sigh* had my big cry wednesday :cry:. Feeling emotionally better now but not physically. period started yesterday but today is the heavy day...and im talking i move and GUSH....sorry tmi. Tummy is all bloated and all crampy down there. Really am looking forward to not having this every month again some soon body ok? OK BODY???? are you listening?!?! CAUSE IT DOESN'T SEEM LIKE YOU ARE! Hubby just went and got us some ice cream even though that's the last thing i need after i've been munching on chocolate all day but...gonna go enjoy that anyway. have a good night ladies

Sorry Shelly :( having to deal with AF after all the disappointment is the worst! I usually get to this point in my cycle and I'm starting to feel positive again but I probably have ages until I O. Why does every cycle have to take so long!!

Aww Shaele! So sorry you're out this cycle but what an amazing husband you have to go out and get ice cream! I feel like a good "clearing out" heavy period will set you up well for next cycle! (That's what I have told myself before anyways lol)

My cycles are pretty conceive the with 29-30 days however this last month I had a 27 day cycle so the fertility friend app is pushing up my ovulation date to March 1st instead of March 3rd- not sure to trust that?

My plan was to BD every other day in my fertile window as I know they say that everyday BD doesn't allow the sperm to replenish properly. But now, I don't want to risk missing the earlier O. So I want to BD the 27th, 28th, 29th (crazy that it's a leap year this year!), March 1, and March 2.

Do you think that's too much in a row? I just figure it covers if I O on the 1st or the 3rd that way.

BSleck, as long as you don't get burnt out I say go for it and you should be covered. Sorry I don't remember if you said, but will you be using OPK's or temping?

I'm in my fertile window and have had 3 positive OPK's 2 yesterday and 1 this morning. We dtd the 18th, 19th and 21st. I'm hoping to again tonight and Tuesday before DH goes on night shift.

Good luck girls :) I have another week or so until O I think. Going to try BD every other day this cycle and see if that helps. The last few cycles we have BD'd every day around O time. I am also trying to get hubby to remember his Pregnacare vitamins :haha:

What a story BSelck! It's amazing he pulled through!

So sorry you're out Shelly! I hope you're feeling a bit better now. We're still gonna be here with you for the next round. :)

Fingers crossed for you Babydoll!

CD9 here. Should O on Sunday according to FF. Hopefully we can get our BD in during nap times this weekend and be good to go. Will try for a couple other days too, but I'm not doing 6 days of BD in a row again, lol. Unless DH really wants to.... ha!

Thanks guys!

Baby doll- 3 days of positive OPKs!? I feel like that's a lot! How do u know which day you actually O'd?

For me, we won't be temping or using OPKs this cycle as my hubby just wants to take it easy and natural our first few months and see where it goes. He doesn't want me to get all forceful of when to DTD lol I'm like ok well if I can't use OPKs you better just get ready to DTD a lot this cycle!!

What's nice is my fertile window starts this weekend so we will for sure actually BD- sometimes during the week my husband is so tired and gets home so late from work that we don't get to DTD that often :(

Thinking of you ladies this week!

Thanks everyone for the support. i really appreciate it. i am feeling better. Even hopeful again! hubby bought me a microsoft surface pro 4 (basically a tablet) and an app called staffpad (music composing software) for it for a REALLY early birthday gift. but it was on sale. anyway i've been composing a lot and that helps me. been enjoying painting on it too. and playing solitaire...surfing the net...but mostly the music composition is what i really like. it's pretty neat you just write notes on the staff with the pen the tablet comes with and it recognizes the handwriting and then the software makes it look like actual music notation. i can try to see if i can upload the lullaby i wrote for my daughter if anyone wants to hear it. maybe this will help me keep my mind off ttc and failing at it lol. anyway...

Rose- i totally agree...I think i'm have the same length cycles as you and they just drag don't they? at no matter what point you are...slooooooooow...

babydoll-woooo fingers crossed for you!

slammerkin-awesome! isn't it the best when you are scheduled to O on the weekends? i am excited to see how you like using the opks.

bselck- i hope you are right! (about the cleansing lol). I think you'll also be ok with your set schedule. I read that with each heart beat a man makes something crazy like 50k sperm. I think not worrying about doing opks and temping will probably be good too...the less stress the better right? i've been thinking of trying that then the OCD in me gets the upper hand and im like nope i gotta know i gotta know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->