Ttc #2

7 DPO, woop woop! DH admitted last night that he's bummed he didn't knock me up on the first try, like with DD. He enjoys making a joke whenever someone asks him how long it took for us to get pregnant - he says "about two minutes!" Ha! I know we were very very lucky to have it happen so quick with our first.

Velathria- 9dpo!! Woo hoo you're almost there!! Feeling anything new?

Slammer- when are you testing!? I,m going to try to wait until 14dpo!!

Bselck-nothing yet... no sore bbs or anything... maybe its still too early.. I won't test unless my AF is late.

Slammerkin- it sucks.. I thought the same thing cause with my son we got pregnant on the first try too.. it's weird that's it taking so long for number two. :(

Hi guys...can I join?

Bsleck hi! How's your little man progressing? Is he catching up on milestones?

Our dd is 10 months old and decided last week to ttc #2. I've had 2 ectopics before having dd and (forgot the word) an empty sack 2 months after having her. But we're ready to jump back in! Bought a box of opks to start using next cycle and stocked up on prenatal and Folate to start getting everything ready to start trying.

Have there been any lucky ladies since this thread was started? Lazy alert: I did not read through the thread first.

Mod!! Omg hi! How are you!? Your profile pic of your lil girl is adorable!! Yes - Zackary is amazing us and truly having no complications to being born so preemie! He is now 14 months old (10 months adjusted as was due near your daughter lol) so the Dr said another couple months and he should be walking :) right as his 1st birthday approached I started really wanting to be pregnant again and have another baby! It took a few months for hubby to get on board lol but finally got my Mirena IUD removed Feb 18th! So this will be my first month testing!! Im so excited!

We have had Jenny, one of our group members pregnant- and we're waiting for an update for Babydoll (who I think is prego too!)

Shaele- I would prob say a mix of preseed and ewcm. So that's a good sign! Any chance you just missed your O surge on the tests but u actually ovulated? Sounds like you are BDing at the perfect times!

And Slammer- thank you for clearing up the "lie in" for me lol

I'm right behind you and 5dpo and will be testing in the 17th :)

That's so awesome! I'm so happy that he progressed so well with the odds being against him!

Last month I had the urge to be pregnant so I finally brought it up to dh last week and his response was "you know I don't have a problem with that", so after af comes this month will be out official first month of trying. We weren't preventing since dd, but after having another loss after her I kind of shut down on the baby thing. I'm hoping we have a bfp by her birthday at the end of April so we can surprise my parents since they're driving down for her birthday, but I know the odds are against me for that. But we'll see.

Unfortunately I have no idea what cd I'm on as I haven't kept track since having dd, but and am jumping back in full force. The only thing different is I won't have clomid this go round. Due in June for my yearly and if it hasn't happened by then am going to ask her for it then.

Has anyone else in this thread suffered from infertility in the past?

well i FINALLY got my positive opk today. dunno what is going on with that...maybe i stressed myself out about going to the doctors so much it funked up my cycle? i dont know if thats even logical. anyway its here now and i have to work with what i got. it would be my luck that hubby is going for his semen analysis tomorrow too when im supposed to o. *grumble*

at least im feeling not alone....seems like a lot of us had np getting pregnant the first time but the second one is making us work for it!

mod19 to answer your question i didnt think i would have to deal with infertility as it seemed the first time all i did was sneeze and got pregnant. but trying for the second is proving otherwise. i havent been diagnosed with it but have been to the doctor recently and if i get my period this month due to no conception they are going to start doing some tests cause we have been trying for 6mo so far which granted isnt that long compared to some but we want to make sure there are no problems now then waiting and finding out later in case.

Shaele yah for positive opks. Poor timing on the semen analysis timing though. Dh was scheduled for one but didn't end up having to do it. I had an hsg done and we got pregnant that cycle. Ended up ectopic in the tube that had the tiniest opening from previous surgeries, but it worked.

I did end up taking clomid to conceive dd. That along with preseed and bd like crazy and softcups and opks...but it worked! I took it on like it was going out if style. Except for temping, I'm not good at that. Especially now with dd waking up around 4am every morning.

I never thought it take this long either.. I got pregnant the first month with my son and now it's taking forever. It's been 6 months with nothing. Been to the doc now too hopefully that will help get a bfp.

Shaele- congrats on the positive opk ^^ sucks though with the SA... have you dtd enough before?

It took me 6 months with my son and this is my sixth month. I don't feel like this month is going to be it, but I didn't when I was pregnant with my son either. So who knows!
I'm having that weird light bleeding again so I'm going to switch vitamins (I have seen quite a few reviews where people have had similar problems on Pregnacare -
Perhaps they don't suit me) and it only started since I started the vitamins. It seems ridiculous to me that vitamins could cause this but I literally can't think of any other reason as I think im still ovulating going by my charts. If I don't get pg this month I'm going to book a Drs appointment

Hi ladies!

Sorry rose about the bleeding I had to recently switch my vitamins too Bc it had my cycle everywhere, either early or too early and I seem to keep missing ovulation, hope it gets better for you when you change, what kind do you have your eye on?

Velathria: hope the doc appt. helps. Our bodies def have a mind other then the one we use, I know exactly how you feel. FX that it won't take 6 months now.

Shaele: YAYY for + opk!! My DH was out of town for mine too...I was so depressed ab it that he drove home everyday for 3 hrs unit that opks went back blank and boy was he waiting for it to go back blank :haha:

Well ladies I tested 2 days early only Bc I was in Wal mart and "just happened" to walk by the hpt :blush: and ended up buying the frer 5 days early test" can you ladies tell me what do you all think being that it is 3am in the morning when I tested my eyes are still adjusting to opening seem like.....

View attachment 933590

That's interesting that vitamins had a similar effect on you! I'm just going back to plain and simple folic acid, I eat lots of fruit veg etc so probably don't need the extra vits. I just gave them a try because I got pregnant with my son when I used them.

That definitely looks positive to me :) yay! Congrats

That looks positive to me nevergivingup! How many DPO are you?

I'm testing Sunday if my temp doesn't drop. I hate to be a symptom spotter (because I think it leads to so much disappointment for most people) but I am having serious cramps this morning. I had a little bit of throbbing pain last night, and two days ago, but this is much stronger. Definitely didn't have this last cycle.

I'm also siiiiiick. I thought I escaped it after I had a mild sore throat on Monday, which disappeared Tues. But last night it came on with a vengeance. Slept horribly, ugh. And DH is about to start 5 nights of work in a row. Give me strength...

nevergivingup- Thats def positive ^^ yay congrats :) hope it gets nice and dark. What dpo are you?

All this no symptoms of mine make me wanna test early too XD and i can't help feeling positive this month :) i dont want to get disappointed again.

So i get where you are coming from Slammerkin. But your symptoms def sound promising. :)

Had a vivid dream that i got my bfp and literally jumped on top of my DF and told him we are pregnant but then woke up and the disappointment hit me hard. Suddenly i was a fat, hairy truck driver XD XD :rofl:

Def haven't had crazy dreams like that before. Hope that bfp dream is just a sign that my body is trying to tell me something. ^^

Nevergivingup!!!! No need to tweak it! That is CLEARLY positive!! Amazing news!! So extremely happy for you!!

Rose I agree with the folic acid. ESP if you eat plenty vits already!! I know exactly how you feel Bc last month I thought I had caught it but I think my sinus infection had something to do with messing up my cycle.

But I'm 12DPO my testing date isn't until the 12th so I'm not going to test anymore until then in hopes it gets darker.

Slammerkin I hope you feel better Bc it's tough being sick. And working around DH schedule when TTC. Fx for you

Velathria; I love having those dreams I do believe that they were always trying to tell me something!! I had 2 dreams a month separate from each other about me holding or BF my infant daughter. As much as I want a boy I hope the dream is true.

AFM: to be honest Bc I had 3 m/c's I'm now checking my underwear every 5 mins now that the test came out positive in fear of seeing red. This is the part of the TTC process that have me terrified.

Good luck to you ladies!!! FX FOR YOU ALL

Velathria your dream is cracking me up!! :haha:

Hi all! Sorry for being MIA. Since I had AF for my birthday I figured I'd go all out and at dinner consumed 2 bottles of wine :blush: and then the next day we went up the coast to see my sisters new unit - she's, her DH and dd have just moved from mums and into a unit at a hotel/resort and yesterday I put my Xmas gift cards towards a new coffee machine. So after my mini half week break - mostly because I was being a bit of a brat and was really down after my birthday as DH (and everyone else) forgot to get a cake or anything remotely birthday-ish. I'm now over it and back ready to add another addition to our family before my next birthday!

Congratulations Nevergivingup!!!! That's definitely positive!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->