Ttc #2

Haha :haha: that's funny. Bet it was kind of awkward though!

My parents will be really shocked as I have always said we are not having any more kids. I plan to not tell them for another couple of weeks. Probably tell them when we get back from holiday!

Yeah we couldn't see much on the screen today. It was just reassuring to know the measurements and HB were good and we heard the HB too! DS found it all very interesting

Glad you had a great scan rose!

Omg so awkward Shaele! I would have definitely cringed, haha.

Omg is it just me or are these days going by so slow....

Hey Shaele! I can only imagine how slow those early prego days are going for you! It's like, just hurry up and get to the 2nd tri!

As for me, I got a call from the doctor on Tuesday saying that my HCG levels are back to 1 so I am able to start TTC again. We're going to take this cycle off and go from there. Whether we want to wait longer after that we will see, but we're headed on vacation next week and I can't wait!

Hope everyone is doing well and that there are more scans coming soon!

Enjoy your vacation BSelck! We'll still be here for you when you are ready to try again.

Going home from vacation myself on Saturday and kind of looking forward to getting back to my own home and my own routines. But not looking forward to going back to work. And DD is going to miss all the family that she's been having so much fun with!

I hope everyone on vacations/holidays are have/will have a great time. I'm a little jealous as we don't have one planned but are trying to work out when we will have the money to go.

I'm in my fertile week and should O in 3-4 days. Hoping now DH is working those days we can keep up BD and find time before his night shifts. I always seem to O when DH is on night shift.

Ughh that's really annoying timing BabyDoll! We had the same issue hence a couple of 3:30 am BD sessions last cycle. Thankfully DH was willing and able to do his duty lol.

Girls, I think this is just some weird lucky thread because after TTC for 21 months, I've just got a BFP. I'm sat here shaking and in shock

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 11
Slammerkin, we've been managing to get in BD around O but have had to sneak off at 5pm before DH went to work lol usually when DH gets home at 2am he's too tired to wake me. Hopefully shouldn't have that this cycle though.

Yay Pompey!!! Congrats! This is a Really lucky thread! Almost everyone has had their BFP in here. Fx the rest of us follow soon!

Yessss pompey congrats!!

I do believe this thread is lucky almost everyone has bfp

wow fantastic news pompey!!! so happy for you! and im glad you never gave up! babydoll you are next!

bselck-yes omg i do wish it was just second trimester already lol. first is so shitty in that youre sick and feeling like crap and also scary cause has highest chance of miscarriage. anyway im glad you got the ok to start ttc again but im also glad you are taking a break first. give your body a chance to heal plus since you got pregnant right after coming off mirena maybe your body just wasnt ready yet and had to get adjusted to that. youll have time to relax and not stress. i think it will do you a lot of good! and we will be here when you decide to try again!

BabyDoll - fingers crossed you also get your BFP. I hope your husband is not on nights shifts, sounds like hardwork BDing in the middle of the night!

BSelck - makes sense taking a break. Is your Dr going to investigate the mc's at all? Have an amazing holiday!

Thanks everyone for your support, it is really appreciated. I took a clear blue digi this afternoon and it showed those magic words - pregnant 1-2.

I am ever so cautious, as I am only 11 DPO today, so proper proper early days. I ovulated late (CD23) , so although I am technically 5 weeks pregnant on Sunday, I know conception occurred much later than what is deemed normal.

I am absolutely convinced it is all down to the thyroid medication I am on. When I went for my thyroid check up back in April, it was considered within normal ranges, but the TSH level was 4 and should be between 1 & 2 for TTC. The GP RELUCTANTLY increased my dose from 50mg to 75mg. Within 2 days my temps evened out - they were all over the place before which is a sign that the thyroid isn't functioning at it's optimal level - and then a BFP. There are links to a short luteal phase with thyroid issues, so again, I am sure it's not a coincidence that as soon as my dose is upped, it impacts on everything else. This could have been sorted a long time ago, but hey ho, it is what it is!

I honestly didn't think the test today would be positive. I have NO symptoms or signs of pregnancy at all. With Anabella I had very sore boobs early on and I kinda just knew I was pregnant. With this one, it came out of the blue (apart from signs on my TTC chart). On Monday I had a huge temperature drop and AF type cramps, so I assumed my period was imminent. I am now convinced that this was implantation cramps, which makes sense given the timing of the temp drop. Today I feel tired, but I think that's more from having a very busy day at work yesterday (I worked from 8.45am-7.15pm, with an hours drive there and back) and then being awake since 6.30am this morning all excited because my test was positive!

So happy for you Pompey! What would be your EDD based on ovulation?

There was a lot of talk at my in-laws house today about miscarriages and it just made me all nervous (we haven't told them yet, just DH's sister was talking about a friend and then DH's sister-in-law was commiserating since she's had several). I've never had one, and I do sort of "feel" pregnant, but still... Positive thoughts!

Omg Pompey!!!!!! And I totally forgot you increased your thyroid meds and that was definitely the magical key! How amazing!!

Babydoll you are next! I love this thread!!
And what's funny- is just as how I was aligned with Shaele last cycle, I am now aligned with you! My O should also be in about 4 days!!! We are skipping this cycle but will prob be with u next ccycle (or exactly one month behind you if you're prego!!)

Slammer- I know it's hard to hear about miscarriages (especially as you are still "secretly" pregnant) but on the one hand, it's nice that your family is open about it and close enough to to talk about it. I know you will be fine!! Positive thinking!! 💋💋💋

Congrats Pompey so happy for you!! Looking forward to hearing about the next bfp.

My holiday is going well, it's so nice to have time to relax and have early nights etc. I am so tired and feeling quite nauseous. It was definitely a good time to go, as it passes some of the time until the end of the first Tri.

Rose, glad you're enjoying your holiday. I definitely enjoyed having the TWW and some time after BFP while on vacation. Definitely made the time pass faster.

No real symptoms over here except occasional twinges. MS hit right after 5 weeks last time, so it could come any day now. I guess I should go ahead and make my first appointment!

I had a crazy amount of energy yesterday though. Cleared out and rearranged my kitchen cabinets and unpacked a suitcase. Since coming back from vacation I suddenly have a long list of home improvements I want to make. Will have to see if DH is on board. :p

Glad you are enjoying your holiday , Rose :)

We are away for a few days from Weds - Sun and then we go away to Italy for 2 weeks in June. When we get back, I'll be almost 12 weeks! I am really hoping that'll help the time go quick. I can't help but worry and wonder that with now no pregnancy symptoms, it's a sign something is wrong. I hate early pregnancy uncertainty, even though there is absolutely nothing I can do about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->