Ttc #2

Thanks ladies. I really appreciate the help. I was always planning on to keep BD and using my OPKs, just had to have a couple of days off for DH's night shifts and me working before hand. I woke this morning with a decent temp rise and FF has said O was cd15 like I was thinking which is early for me. Fx I'm like you rose and get my BFP on this weird cycle!

hey all, this will be fairly short as im about to head out the door but i found this website that i think is really interesting. you get to see what your baby looks like by each day and what is being worked on being formed. https://pregnancy.familyeducation.com/first-trimester/7-weeks-4-days.html

i linked it to where i am but you can adjust accordingly.

anyway i hope you enjoy...and chat later!

Haven't had a chance to check out the website yet shaele, but sounds cool.

I had my first midwife appt today. I actually had the tiniest amount of spotting this morning...not even on underwear, just when I wiped. I did an internal check and a little more came out on my fingers, but my cervix felt closed. So anyway it didn't continue during the day, and the midwife didn't see any sign of it when she examined me so that was relief. I got blood drawn and scheduled my first scan for two weeks from now! Can't wait until the scan!

phew what a relief slammerkin! glad everything is ok. excited you scheduled your first scan! have you discussed it all with dd yet? i wonder how she will react. we've casually mentioned it with my dd....saying shes going to be a big sister but she doesnt understand yet really.

as for me i was with a friend today who has a daughter about 2 weeks younger than dd and she said shes started potty training since easter! i was like oh maybe i should try it out...esp with new baby on the way who wants to be buying 2 sets of diapers??? so i bought this smaller seat that goes on top of the regular seat so she wont fall in. put her on top of it and she screamed and cried because she was afraid to fall off. she ended up peeing in the potty but i think she was way too upset to even notice. i dont want to traumatize her...maybe shes just not ready yet. which is fine it was only a trial run. but man youd think she was dying how loud she was crying.

I honestly think it's something about 2016 and the Leap that is contributing to all these bfps lol

Shaele we potty trained DS when he had just turned 2. I didn't really want to, he just decided he was ready. I bought some pants with his favourite characters on and he really wanted to wear them. We didn't use a toilet seat, just a potty, and he always liked using it. Now he is well trained he can use a toilet if I hold him on it, or stands up on a step and pees standing up. If she's upset I wouldn't force her, just see if you can get her excited about special pants etc. :)

Slammerkin glad the spotting has stopped! I told the MW about my light bleed and she wasn't worried as I've had nothing since. I think it's very common.

Shaele, no I haven't mentioned it to DD yet. I think I will wait until the 12/13 week scan. She could easily start talking about it at daycare or around family and I'm not ready to reveal yet.

Also, your DD is still young! I did it with Ava when she was 2 years, 4 months I think. She still has the occasional accident and isn't dry at night by a long shot. Don't stress yourself. No harm trying, but no harm giving up entirely if she's not ready. But yeah, I did kind of like rose, and got her some cute underwear and she was really excited about them. A little freestanding potty may be less scary for her because she can keep her feet on the ground. Ava has no problem peeing in the big potty, but it's easier to get her to poop in the freestanding one.

I'm still having no real symptoms! I though MS was arriving a few days ago, but it pretty much went away. And I'm not feeling exhausted either. I'm pretty energized actually. This is all very weird. All I have is bloating.

I still feel so unpregnant as well slammers in that I'm starting to seriously wonder if something is wrong in some way.

Thanks for the link shaele, it looks very interesting! Don't stress with potty training, it'll happen when your daughter is ready. My daughter decided at 2 years 4 months to start using the potty by herself. There was no training required and it want at all stressful. It'll happen when she is ready :).

I'm sure you're both fine - it's still early! My ms didn't start until around 6 weeks this time and 8 weeks with DS. Maybe you'll be lucky and not have it at all. I have noticed that it's quite different this time - as long as I eat regularly I'm mostly ok. It's worse before dinner time. With DS I felt worst when I first got up and found it very difficult to eat.

Fingers crossed we're both totally fine and just lucky pompey. Plus, you're a full week behind me. I'm not at all surprised that you don't have any symptoms yet. I just know I had MS by this time with DD, so I'm stuck comparing.

Thanks rose, that's reassuring. I would love to not be as sick as last time. I had a beta HCG draw yesterday, so hopefully if that number comes back good I can feel a little more reassured.

hello everyone! i am new to this site...just created my account minutes ago and what better way to continue this trend by making a new thread as well? i couldn't find one to join that wasn't ttc #1 or #3. so here i am. Anyway a little about myself...i have a 17mo old daughter by c section. (I didn't dilate or progress during labor). My hubby and I conceived her first cycle. Now we are trying for number 2 and it just isn't happening as quickly. I am on my 6th cycle and I am getting really disheartened. I have a very regular cycle...about 31 days. I o'd on January 7th so now I am in the middle of the tww...yet again...*sigh* I feel like I am having pregnancy symptoms even though I am only 5 dpo...maybe it's my mind playing tricks on me because I want to be pregnant so badly. But I am feeling really nauseous, headaches, dizzy, and hot flashes at times. I am trying not to get my hopes up because i think i have felt these symptoms before and it still came up bfn. For my daughter I got a bfn 10 dpo so I'm trying to hold out testing until 5 more days. This wait always kills me though. So, anyway, I'd like to hear from anyone...we can go at this together! I've been putting off signing up for one of these but now I think i need the support. Hubby is just like it will happen when it happens...men don't understand the emotional drain we go through when we see those bfn each month! Hope to hear from you all soon and I'll keep updating.
~Shelly~

I think that we are in the same boat. I know that I am older but all of my friends have had babies at 40 or close. I have been having pregnancy symptoms every month and I get happy with the possibility. Then here comes AF!!! I start off with tender breast, high sense of smell, being tired, heartburn and all for nothing. I wish it would just happen! Let me know what comes your way. I will pray for you tonight so that you could get a BFP.

@slam: Glad the spotting has stopped!!! So ready for your scan

@Shae: My son is just now getting the groove of going and he will be 4 this december training a boy is hell for me!!!

@Pompey: just wait until your symptoms kick in lol i been sick since week 6

@Rose: Oh wow you already 9 weeks!!

Afm,

Had my appt yest..heard bean'sn hb on doppler and got my gender scan scheduled for 6/14 so exciting!! I am officially done with my ex after he bailed out on the appt and also had me pay a down payment for a private scan for today promising to pay the other half and bailed on that too. I am considered high risk so I refuse to let him put me in preterm labor. I was given anxiety medicine to calm me down and I have early SPD so having to take meds for that, and also got set up for physical therapy which should be covered under my insurance.

I'll update with my scan.

This is crazy going through all of this alone, but I have to cut him off otherwise me and bean will be in trouble. I start my shots on the 7th so I am just excited I finally have my gender scan date!!

Sorry you're going through this hunni. It certainly sounds as though you're better off without him though. I hope the SPD isn't too painful - I had it last time but not until later on. It wasn't fun. I am jealous of your gender scan!! I probably Won't have mine until the beginning of August

I never had it with my son but my gosh it is painful!

I'm sorry your going through that hunni. SPD isn't fun. I had it after 30 weeks with ds. But here they only said to use a belt, I had no option of meds.

Wow Rose, 9 weeks already! That's just flying by!!

Afm, 6 dpo today and am feeling out this month but still holding onto hope. This tww has been brutal so far and is just dragging!

Keeping everything crossed for you baby doll :D

Not long until testing!! Hang in there

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"