Ttc #2

I got my test results back today. Beta was 4416, which seems to be in the normal range for 5 weeks (when it was taken). So that's good. And I don't have Chlamydia or Gonorrhea. Phew! lol :haha:

great news slammerkin! haha. numbers sound good to me ..mine were at 3766 at 4 weeks. hope everyone is doing better with pregnancy symptoms...they are definitely hard to deal with when all you want to be is just happy growing a life.

i just got back from my first scan. dh only managed to get a video and not a pic so i can't post it =/ but doc said everything looked good. saw a beautiful heartbeat! but not much more than that lol. looked like a blob hehe. doc also said im measuring at 9 weeks and said my due date is around dec 29 not jan 1st. since i'll probably have to have another c section she suggested i go in on 21st and be home by christmas. we shall see though. one thing i am sad about is that my doctor is retiring from obstetrics and won't be able to deliver this baby =( i have to find a new doctor but i really liked this one! she gave me some names of doctors to check out in my area though. on a happier note i will be able to find out if i'm having a boy or girl next week! yes you read right! i am going for something called a harmony test which wasn't available when i was pregnant with dd but they now do it and its a blood test that tests for genetic problems as well as can tell the sex of the baby. last time i had to wait until i was 4 months. now i only have to wait until im 10 weeks! i am super excited about that. plus blood tests are more accurate than an ultrasound where the technician has to basically guess. going to start my search for a new doc now...

Yay for seeing the heartbeat Shaele! And how exciting that you can find out the sex! I want that test so bad. I'll have to ask about it at my next appt. I think a lot of insurance carriers don't cover it.

That's great Shaele! I am jealous of everyone having that test. I don't think they offer it here in the Uk :(

Awww that sucks rose I'm sorry. I wonder why they don't offer it there. I mean I only just heard of it last appointment but lots of people I'm talking to about it already knew of it and had it done. When do you get to find out? 20 week scan?

I researched it more last night, they do it privately but it's £500. I'll have it if my other screening comes up high risk, but I can't really justify it unless that's the case. Yeah 20 week scan unless I book a private one earlier - I'll probably have a 4D scan later on though so I expect I'll just stick to the 12 and 20 week scans for now.

Yay for having your scan booked rose! Only 5 days until my first one. So anxious and excited.

How is everyone feeling? Nausea has picked up a bit for me. Still not as bad as with DD, but it could get worse at any time I suppose. And exhaustion is finally hitting too. I honestly have moments where I question the decision to have a second child. Memory of course drew a veil on how miserable pregnancy was and I'm sitting here wondering how I'll get through it again. And there was a cartoon I saw on FB the other day about the difference in breastfeeding your first baby versus the second - basically how you can't just sit down and relax - you're constantly shouting at or chasing after the older kid. I'm kind of dreading it. The hours and hours of nursing and relaxing were so precious. I don't know how I'll handle juggling two. Of course I know I will love this baby too and everything will work itself out, but I'm just scared of how hard it will be.

Slammer I feel the same. I think it's really normal to worry. I guess we will just adapt to bf on the go! It doesn't help that DH isn't excited at all about this baby, he only agreed to it because I really wanted a sibling for DS. I hope that once I am more
Pregnant he gets more excited because it kind of sucks that he isn't excited and just moans most of the time, lol.

Glad I'm not alone rose. It's hard to have these thoughts. I distinctly remember a couple days after DD was born having this terrible thought in my head that we'd made a big mistake having a kid. Of course that didn't last long and I love her so much.

You're definitely not alone! Even though we've been trying for 21 months before I got my BFP, when I got it, I started doubting whether it was the right thing after all .... financially, logistically, coping with a newborn again alongside a 4 year old, going back to sleepless nights etc. I feel better about everything now, but I do still sometimes panic and worry about how it's going to be.

I'm right there with all you ladies. I probably will have to have another c section so I'll be kind of useless for a few weeks until I heal enough that I don't hurt walking. But until then dh will have to take care of dd mostly and right now I pretty much do everything for her. I am worried he won't do as good a job as I do or won't even try. It will get me mad if he gets too lazy to do things the way I want them done and he will just take the easy way out. I'm worried won't be able to take care of 2. It's new to me since I am an only child. I'm excited but also nervous so I understand where you all are coming from. This will be change for us and change is difficult.

Hi. I understand where your all coming from and even though we're still TTC, I still have days where I wonder if having another atm is even do-able.

Onto cycle #6. Not sure if I am going to use OPKs or temp or even really "try" this cycle. I don't really want a march baby as we already have a pretty full month but if it's meant to be, then it'll be fine.

Sorry to hear af got you babydoll....=/ maybe not trying will end up being the way to go this time. Less stress and more enjoying each other.

Also I forgot to mention in my last post I'm sorry your dh isn't excited yet for this new baby rose. I think since men don't actually carry and grow the baby they don't get that connection and bond like us moms do. Until they maybe feel a kick or even up until they actually can hold them. I am sure he will come around. I bet your son will love having a sibling and seeing the happiness and excitement in his eyes will also help get dh excited too.

I'm sorry baby doll :( we didn't try so much the cycle I got pregnant as I thought a xmas baby would be hard work and of course it happened ha!! I am excited about having a xmas baby now though. What will be will be.

I hope so Shaele. He is really driving me mad at the moment, moaning at DS for everything and saying he's always a pain even though he's a 3 year old, what does he expect?! The last couple of days he's been the worst. I am going to a bbq tonight and I can't wait to get out for an evening away from him, he's just so annoying right now. He doesn't really do talking which is harder because I don't even really know why he's being like it. Guess it's all just getting more real for him.

Boo, sorry this wasn't your cycle again BabyDoll. October's a busy month for us - our anniversary, my birthday, DD's birthday. It's not a big deal though. Watch it happen this cycle!

Ahhh so glad you all feel me. I actually told myself in that last cycle that if it didn't happen I'd have a good think about whether I really wanted it.

DH was actually amazing after DD was born, and I'm sure he will be again this time. And we're lucky that his work schedule allows him to be home during the day, so I know he will be a big help. But still, it will be such an adjustment. It's like...I want two kids...in the future, but kind of want to skip the hard parts in between. Ha!

Got myself and DD some fast food for dinner and we're watching a movie. Just like last time, eating heavy food really settles my stomach. It's like it weighs things down.

Hey ya do whatever works slammerkin. That actually sounds really nice and cozy. I try to watch a movie with dh when dd goes to bed but he always manages to fall asleep during it. Even if it's a movie he's actually interested in seeing. Oh well...

I'm beginning to have problems with food. Like I don't want to eat. Nothing sounds good to me even though I'll hear my tummy rumble. It's so weird. I also can't eat as much as I normally do either. Last doc visit I actually lost 5lbs since the visit before that. Which is ok since I do have extra but still its been really annoying not being able to eat when I actually am hungry. I force myself to. Hope that gets better with time. Makes making dinner for the family really hard when you want nothing to do with the food you are making. Hope you all are doing well and have a great night

Omg I went to a baptism today for the baby of a woman I was hooked up with through a volunteer program to support pregnant women and moms who lack support. She said 9:30 am. The actual service didn't start until 11 and didn't end until after 1:45. It was prayers and bible study before that. This was an African christian church. Omg I was losing my damn mind. I wish I had known to only come at 11. The woman and baby I was there for didn't even come until 11. I did not bring enough snacks or entertainment to keep me and DD going. Thankfully DD fell asleep for a while. I was starving by the time we left. Can't lock a pregnant woman and toddler into these kinds of situations. Arrrgggg. Everyone was so nice ad welcoming, but I was clearly an outsider. Aaaaannnd I'm not religious, so I did not enjoy being trapped in Bible study.

Slammerkin...I'm black so take my advice when I say it lol. Churches with an African American community will preach forever!! My pastor is very long winded lmao

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->