Ttc #2

Thank you sweetie.

Anybody got any tips for temping?? I've tried to do it for a couple cycles a year ago and my temps were always all over the place! Considering temping but don't know if it will put more pressure on ttc.

When should I temp? Orally or vaginally more reliable? What thermometers are best? Thaaaaanks!! Xx

Thank you sweetie.

Anybody got any tips for temping?? I've tried to do it for a couple cycles a year ago and my temps were always all over the place! Considering temping but don't know if it will put more pressure on ttc.

When should I temp? Orally or vaginally more reliable? What thermometers are best? Thaaaaanks!! Xx

I started temping for the first even time a few months ago. I was worried it would make TTC more stressful for but me personally it helped loads! I started to truly understand my cycle which was a first. Also I knew AF was coming in advance so I didn't have the heartbreak of getting BFN's. I also kinda knew i was pregnant with this one before my BFP because of what happened to my temp (I had a really obvious 2 day implantation dip) and then when my temp rose and I was late, I took and test and voila, I was pregnant!

I ordered a body basel thermometer off of Amazon. It's made by baby bad. I temped every morning orally at 6.25am and I would set my alarm to do it. I did it before talking, getting up or making any significant movements. If I woke up with my mouth open, I would shut it for 30 seconds first before taking my temp as I found that could make a difference.

I found temping incredibly interesting and useful and it was good to know I was ovulating and being able to pinpoint exactly when.

MyStory- thanks girl! I gave into the tickers!! Haha I was like well you know what, I need to believe in this new pregnancy and be happy!! I'm happy you are onto a fresh cycle with what will be a thick uterine lining!

Lot of the girls in our group temp and it has helped them a lot! I never have but I agree with Pompey that it gets you more in tune with your cycle! Good luck love!

BSelck, I should O on or around the 12th. So I've just gone into my fertile window.
I finally gave in and got some supplements that help boost O and took my first lot today so will see if they help. I'm hoping the boost in some nutrients (magnesium mostly) might help with my migraine headaches too.

I'm sorry AF got you MyStory but glad your looking at the positive side of it. I've been temping for 5-ish months now and do it orally with the only bbt thermometer I could find near me. I love having the confirmation of O happening and I've worked out that I have an exact 12 day LP from it.
Fx for this month for us both!

Oh also, my temp did something weird this morning and dropped 4 whole degrees when usually it might drop .4 of a degree??

My story I would definitely try temping. You need to make sure you do it around the same time everyday, before you get up or even move out of bed. I did it orally with a thermometer from Amazon. It helped to give me an idea of my cycles and I realised I was ovulating later than I thought, the first time I tried temping I had been TTC #1 for 5 months and the cycle I temped I realised I was ovulating a week later than I thought, and I got pregnant :) this time I temped for 7 months until I got my bfp but it was reassuring to know that I was in tune with my body and I knew when I could stop all the effort of BDing all the time every month too.

Thanks for all the advise and help ladies!!
You're all starting to feel a bit like my sisters for advise! :flower:

I've heard vaginally temping is more accurate or is this a myth? You can see why temping before for me was a bit of a failure :haha:

Catching up - Shaele, what a mess with DD! Hope the poor little thing feels better!

Babydoll - fingers crossed for you this month!

Lucy - vaginal temping can give more steady consistent temps, but I'd really only go that route after trying oral to see how it works for you. My temps could be a bit rocky, up and down, but I could still clearly see my temp shift once it happened.

Not much going on here. Felt a bit more nauseated over the weekend, but survived. I really hate this you guys. I opened up a bit to DH about the conflicting emotions I'm having and he was like "Are you ok...like really ok?" Of course I'm fine, I just wanted to be open. Like, if this baby doesn't work out I'm not sure I'd give it another go. Pregnancy is just so horrible, and I know I don't even have it that bad!

I know how you feel slammerkin. Things are a bit strange with DH at the moment as he's coming to terms with having another on the way! It was planned but he only agreed to do it for me, and now it's becoming real he's struggling a bit. we had an argument last week about it and now I am trying to be more patient with him and try not to talk about baby things constantly as I know it's getting on his nerves. I just wish he would be excited about it :( it's making me feel less excited because I'm worried about what things will be like when it arrives!

Slammer- that's good you're trying to be open and speak with DH, I'm sure he's prob just overwhelmed with all of your emotions!

Rose- such a roller coaster! I'm sure your DH will come back around and st messy he's telling you his feelings!

As for me, I took my last and final pregnancy test today and actually got a darker test line than the control line! That has never happened so I'm cautiously excited!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 4
hey all....we are home...good to be but now back to reality lol.

my story-i agree with everyone else about the temping. i know at least for me temping gave me that reassurance that i indeed was o-ing each month after seeing the temp rise. after getting negative hpt after negative hpt it was my glimpse of hope. and it kept me occupied each morning. took my mind of the negativity i was having from it taking so long to conceive. its also something you can show your doctors once you get a few consistent month charts.

slammerkin-i totally understand what you are feeling. i get that way from time to time. even though i know i wanted more than one child i am unsure how i will be able to handle it. men do not understand these emotions and im not sure how to really explain why. they are just different. even though i am confident you will be just fine make sure you have a great support system waiting for you thats not just your dh. like your mom or close friends...preferably ones who have gone through this already and know what you are feeling. pregnancy does suck...it definitely does...but the end result is worth it. and youll come to realize that again just as you did with dd.

rose-im sorry dh is still not coming around and i hate the fact that its making you less excited =/ i have a feeling he will get better once he can hold the new baby. try not to let his attitude get you down...after all you are bringing a new life into this world...one of the greatest things a female body can do. you are giving the gift of a sibling to your son. no greater gift than that!

bselck-yesssssss you go girl! glad to see those lines darkening! maybe that means little bean is nice and snug in there this time

babydoll-hope these new nutrient boosts will be helpful! also with the temp dip i had that happen in one of my charts right before i o'd....but i know you arent due for that yet. maybe you were sleeping with your mouth open and you were cooler cause of that this morning?

afm no test results yet. probably wednesday ill know. its hard waiting. have an app tomorrow with a new doc. im nervous. i was so comfy with my current doc i hate having to change. sigh. oh well.

Thanks ladies :hugs: I'm hoping the scan on Friday will help. I am also hoping that once everyone else knows he will start to get used to the idea more quickly. At the end of the day I am doing this for DS so he has a sibling, for a long time I thought I didn't want any more children but now I can't let him go through life without one. DH will have to deal with it :haha: I'm sure he will. He was great when DS was a baby.

Rose, that's a good way to look at it - that you're doing it for your son to give him a sibling. I suppose I don't think about how a sibling will be good for DD - just how it will shake up her world. But I'm sure it will be good for her in the long run.

I think DH is actually more excited than I am about the baby right now. When I was sharing my feelings I think he just wanted to make sure I'm actually ok, or if I needed, like, professional help or something, lol. He was being a little dramatic, because I was perfectly calm in what I was saying. I'm not that emotional of a person myself.

So this is crazy, but I only learned that what happened to me with DD's birth actually has a name - placenta accreta. No one ever used the term at the time that I can recall, but someone on a FB group mentioned it and after googling I was like "hey, that's what happened to me!" Placenta wouldn't detatch and the midwife had to manually scrape it out of me, then had to transfer to hospital, be put under, having the rest removed, have three bags of blood, and I was at "sustained risk of cardiac arrest" while I was under. So now this has kind of opened a door to re-examining everything that happened. Because now that I have been reading about it I'm learning how dangerous it is - usually if it's diagnosed during pregnancy the recommendation is to have a c-section and there's a high chance of hysterectomy if the placenta can't be removed and bleeding can't be stopped. My widwife from back then told me the chances of that happened again are very small, but it seems the chances are higher considering how they had to go in and remove it, so now I'm going to be worrying about that. I mentioned it briefly at my first appt at 5 weeks, but that was before I knew all this, so I'm going to have to bring it back up at my next one and see what they say about monitoring for it this time and if I'll be considered high-risk or not. Just kind of thrown for a loop that I'm just now learning more about this and it's been 2.5 years.

Slammerkin I bet at the time, you were so drowsy with everything going on and having a new baby that you didn't really think much about it. That sounds really scary though!! I am glad there's not a higher risk of it happening again.

7 days until O roughly. DF even asked me today when we need to start baby making. He's so excited to becoming a daddy. Come on BFP!! :dust:

Aw :) bring on O!! Good luck :) are you using opks or anything?

Aw :) bring on O!! Good luck :) are you using opks or anything?

I haven't used opk since we have been ttc but I have bought some for this cycle and see what my body is up-to after the mc.

My cycles were wayyyyy off as I was on depo provera for just over 4 years. Has taken around 2 years for my body to start regulating a repeat monthly cycle and ovulating regularly. I used to use opk then which I never seemed to get a positive on. Not even Clear Blue digital ovulation predictor with the smiles. Always only ever got "high" fertility flashing smiley and never "peak" solid smiley. :shrug:

wow slammerkin that is very scary! I am glad things turned out ok for you and you didn't need to have a hysterectomy...let alone the whole yanno...cardiac arrest thing....hopefully it doesn't happen again!

my story-I hope that the opks work better for you this time...maybe just try the ones that just do a solid smile instead of the ones that do both the rise in estrogen (the flashing smile) and then peak (solid smile). I had trouble with the double ones myself...had like 7 days of flashing smiles it was annoying and I got worried if I was doing it correctly cause the box says you should only have 2 days of them. anyway good luck!!!!

I just got back from a doc app and I got a picture this time yay! baby is doing perfectly.

Attachments

• 20160607_165156.jpg
    20160607_165156.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 3
Slammer! That is so scary!! Glad you have found so much information to give to your doctor!!

MyStory- that is so sweet about your DF being excited!

Shaele- how exciting that your appointment went perfect and you got s great picture! Is it becoming real yet?

Yay Shaele lovely pic :)

My story I never used the expensive ones, I just got a pack of 50 cheapies from amazon. They worked just fine for me. Maybe you could give those a go if you're still not getting on with the digital ones.

Beautiful scan Shaele!

MyStory I just use IC and got them from eBay. I get 60 OPKs and 20 HPT's for $13. I've had a couple now.

AFM, I Should O within the next 4 days with my average being cd16 so 3 days. I have already noticed a difference within myself since taking these vitamins! I have heaps more energy and am having loads of cm (like I used to) so fx it helps with TTC but if not I'm happy with the extra energy! I couldn't temp properly this morning as my thermometer was missing. I assume ds took off with it yesterday without me realising so I'm off to buy a new one today so that I have a spare when the other one is found. I used a regular thermometer so I'd at least have something for today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->