Ttc #2

Hmm, I'm not sure I even knew about "viability date" with my first. Maybe I did and memory has just drawn a veil, lol. But that's cool!

Pompey what was your original due date? I find the changing of due dates very strange. I guess maybe it makes sense for women who really don't know when they conceived, but if they try to change mine at any point they're gonna have a fight on their hands because I'm certain of my dates. Anyway, I find out sex on Sept 1, so one day before you, yay! This pregnancy is definitely different for me too, so maybe it's a boy. I kind of feel "girl" though.

Keep us posted Rose!

I dont know if you remember, but my original original due date was 15th Jan, but where I ovulated on Day 23, I changed it to 9 days later myself because I knew when I conceived. However, the scan has showed to be 6 days ahead, so now it's the 18th Jan. I am totally confused by the whole thing to be honest as like you, I know what I ovulated and when this baby was conceived. However, I'll take it because it's 6 days sooner I'll be at my due date and meeting this little one :)

It's exciting our 20 week scans are a day apart!

Congrats Rose! Little girls are amazing, and I bet DH will form a special bond with her, even if he's taking a while to warm up now. :)

Ah, yes, Pompey I remember now. Well I hope baby shows up by the earlier date instead of making you wait!

Thanks ladies :) I'm so excited to have a girl!

He was talking to DS during the scan saying things like 'look at the baby.' And when she said it was a girl he was getting DS excited about that. He's strange, sometimes he seems like normal and other times he's all evasive about it. I guess sometimes he gets glimmers of excitement and other times he's worried. We have a name now (which he picked) so I'm hoping that calling her by that name will make it more real for him.

Congrats on your girl rose! They are lots of fun and sweet and have the best clothes lol. I wouldn't mind having another girl myself tbh but I also don't mind if it's a boy either. Hope your dh comes around. I think mine is feeling like yours is. I asked him yesterday if he was excited about the new baby and he goes "no not really. not yet." I'm like oh...ok...lol that wasn't what I really wanted to hear yanno? how is your ds taking it? Also do we get to know the name you picked? =)

I had never heard of a v day either...in fact v day in my mind I think of valentines day and i knew for sure that wasn't what you all meant so i was just as confused! but now i get it. is that at around 25 weeks or something?

babydoll so glad to hear from you! im sorry you are suffering from fatigue and such. I understand how you are feeling especially when you mentioned how you didn't even want to cook dinner. I don't either! STILL. I'm still waiting for that energy kick you are supposed to get but I'm still really lethargic and just blah feeling. Really struggling with food and I can't remember who said it but she said something like she feels like shes starving her husband because she doesn't want to cook...that's totally me too. I feel so bad but I don't want anything to do with it! Been getting a lot of take out recently lol. hope it gets better soon for the both of us...and sake of our husbands lol.

pompey thats really cool your date has moved up! who knows how all that dating works...in reality when baby wants out that's what it comes down to right? everything else is just an educated guess! glad things are moving along well for you though. Seems just like yesterday when we were all getting our bfp and now a lot of us are in second trimester or soon to be! time just flies.

nothing really new here for me. DD is getting better with her bed. in fact the past 2 nights she hasn't cried yay! We definitely had to put a gate up in her doorway because she didn't want to stay in her room otherwise! even now that she's better with going to bed she still might wake up in the middle of the night and go exploring. plus our bedrooms are on the second floor and I didn't want to bear the nightmare of waking up to her falling down the stairs. no thanks. I have my anatomy scan august 15 and I can't wait. days seem to be dragging i just want to know what I'm having already. i was even begging my doc at my appointment yesterday to give me an ultrasound instead of just using the doppler to see if he could see anything...just anything at all to give me a hint! lol...he said no haha. oh well...just have to keep on waiting.

Shaele I have been reading lots about husbands online :)haha:) and it's really common for them not to be excited. I am sure once he feels baby kick etc he will feel differently!

I think we are going to call her Alice Emily. Emily was DH's nan's middle name. Alice was the only girls name we agreed on last time!

Shaele glad your DD is getting better in her bed :) hope the time to your scan goes quickly. I still feel tired too but within the last week or so I have started to feel a little more human, I'm managing to eat more things and have a bit more interest in cooking. Sadly I've really gone off takeaways and have even thrown them up quite a few times, which is a shame as I did enjoy them before. We managed to go out for dinner last Friday to our favourite Thai restaurant which was lovely although I felt sick in the morning!

I'm also dying to know the sex of this baby. I think we agreed on a girl's name last night. He's still insisting on a boy's name I don't like, and I think he's not going to give in. :( I just want know so I can either get excited about the girl's name, or resign myself to the boy's name, lol.

Just checking in, these were given to me for the baby which was really sweet.

cannot wait to see the next gender scans!

Attachments

• gift.jpg
    gift.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 4
When is your scan, slammerkin? Excited for you to find out :D I wasn't that keen on our girls name at first but it's really grown on me and now I love it!

Hunni lovely clothes :) I went to pick up an order of clothes today and ended up spending a load more while I was there. My collection of girls clothes is growing already :D

Congrats on your girl rose!!

Shaele, I'm sure the next 10 days will go quickly for your scan. I too am counting down the days to my scan on the 22nd.

I also can't believe how fast all of these pregnancies are going! Time is flying and will continue to as we all get further along. I don't remember my first pregnancy going this fast but I guess it goes to show how life with a toddler flys by.

what a great name rose! in fact we are thinking about using emily as a middle name if it's a girl too....depending on what first name we choose. im so excited you are having a girl! I'm a bit nervous if mine turns out to be a boy considering the boys I see other people have. They are crazy and i dunno if i can handle all that energy and rambunctious-ness. i know not that every boy is like that but if mine is omg. Also im glad to hear a lot of husbands are like ours. I am sure you are right and first kick he feels he will feel more connected. Lately he's been putting his hand on my belly and caressing it and even though it's such a simple gesture i am eating it all up. I love when he does that. =)

aww slammerkin we are just the opposite! dh and i completely agree on a boy name...it's the girl name we have a disagreement on. The first name that is. i hope your dh gives in to what you want lol. after all...you are the one growing the baby! or at least something you can both agree on. you still have time to think on it!

bselck i love the name you picked out for your boy too! sorry i forgot to mention that in last post. 7 more days until i find out what i'm having. so so so slow. hope everything is going well with you!

babydoll i hope it goes by fast too thanks! 22nd isn't that far away after that! and yes i agree...life with a toddler does seem to make the pregnancy go faster overall. just these last couple weeks of me counting down until my scan is crawling but the rest is poof! can't believe I'm halfway there!

really no update for me...i had a craving for muddy buddies tonight so i made them. dh likes them too so win win. I am looking forward to hearing the rest of everyone's scan results too!!!

Shaele my oldest is a boy and he's fantastic. He can be boisterous at times but most of the time he's just super funny and loving and very cuddly. He's definitely a mummy's boy. I am sure whatever you have, he/she will inherit yours and your husbands personality traits and won't be like you imagine. :) glad your DH has started bonding with the bump! I really hope mine starts to touch the bump soon, I used to love cuddling up last time

Hi ladies! We've just gotten back from vacation with our family to our cabin and it was great! Zack got sick the last night and we have been recovering that past couple days with lots of medicine, baths and rest.

I've just skimmed through the updates but Rose! Congrats on the baby girl! And Shaele, your scan is on my birthday! So it will be great! ❤️❤️❤️

Hope everyone is doing well! I can officially say I'm in the 2nd trimester now! :happydance:

Congrats on being 2nd Tri BSelck!! Glad you had a wonderful holiday, hope your LO feels better soon.

Ladies do you use Facebook? Thought about making us a private group

I do Hunni! My name is Briana Kuenz on Facebook :)

Also my next scan is August 22nd at 16 weeks and I will have to get my first shot either that day or that week too! Eek!

i do as well! im Shelly Cloonan on facebook

whats the shot for bselck?

I'll make a private group. I'm quicker to update fb than here lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back