Ttc #2

Congrats Shaele! How are you feeling expecting a boy? I am so so sure this one is a boy as well!

I have my scan 2nd September at 2.40pm. I then have the following two weeks off work. I have loads more annual leave than my husband, so it's two weeks to myself. Anabella will be in Nursery for the 2 days each week she'd normally be in as we pay regardless of whether she attends or not. I plan on spending the 4 days I have completely to myself either washing all Anabella's clothes and selling them or washing them and putting them away. If it's a boy, I will definitely be going shopping to stock up on some bits too. I also plan on having a declutter, getting either pink or blue carpet put down in the baby's room & generally getting as prepared as I possibly can.

thanks rose and pompey! I admit I am a bit nervous to be having a boy....I was telling my husband actually like I don't know anything about having a penis! how do I change a boys diaper? is he gonna pee on me? dh just looked at me like I was crazy and goes this is the most ridiculous conversation ever. you change a diaper just like you do dd's. I guess I'm just freaking out. I'm sure all will be fine lol.

You do get peed on at first. But you get used to opening the nappy and then closing it quickly to let him pee, and then changing it! The first time we brought DS home from hospital we changed him on our bed thinking he would be nice and comfy, and he peed all over our duvet! It was a massive one too. :haha: I actually think that a boy is probably easier to clean - you don't need to worry about wiping in the wrong direction or little creases. Also once you potty train them, boys are easy as they can just pee anywhere!

I am a little worried about getting used to girly bits but I am sure it can't be as hard as the first one, when you have little idea what you're doing. :)

Pompey, two weeks off will be heaven! I'm actually off this week as my mum is away and she usually helps out with DS' childcare. He will be at nursery tomorrow morning so I'll have a few hours to myself. He also usually does a half day on Friday in school holidays, but we are planning a day trip to a farm with his friends so I think I'll let him miss nursery that day. He's been really good so far and I am really enjoying the time with him. He has been helping me sort out the house too, and as the weather is so nice he's mainly been playing outside with the dog while I tidy and clean :)

Congrats Shaele! Lol about diaper changing, hehe. I've heard the same as Rose said - you kind of hold the diaper over them in case they pee. I agree that wiping a girl can be annoying - my husband was not prepared for how "all up in there" he'd have to get when wiping her, haha!

Shaele- AMAZING news on your baby boy!! I am so excited that you will have one of each!

As for me- my birthday was yesterday! So here is the pic I posted for 15 weeks on August 15th!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 4
Awww, what a cute bump BSelck!!

I am starting to worry (as usual). I am sure I felt some flutters last week, but haven;t felt anything at all for ages. I am so scared something has happened. The rational side of me is telling me it's still early, the baby is still so small and I didn't even feel movement with Anabella until over 19 weeks. But the worry wort in me is making me doubt and question everything. I often read (but dont post much) in the January baby due date thread and almost everyone in there is talking about having regular movements, some can even see it on the outside! I cannot wait to fast forward to the 2nd September.

BTW - has there been a secret group set up on facebook? I've noticed hunni has accepted my friend request, but I've not been added to any groups or anything.

awww happy birthday bselck! great pic and timing lol. thank you and slammerkin! and yes thats true...no crevices for stuff to get into. my dh was surprised also on how it can get all up in there. me too tbh considering we dont have that problem anymore i never considered it happening.

pompey dont worry if you arent feeling regular movement. it is still early and i read online some days you will feel more and some days nothing so completely normal! hard not to worry i know but just trust your body. plus everyone is different. im 21 weeks tomorrow and dh cant feel the movement yet let alone see it on the outside. calm down and no stress! =)

BSelck happy birthday for yesterday, and cute bump :D

Pompey I've felt the odd movement from around 14 weeks but it certainly wasn't every day, nor was I sure that it was baby. Only in the last week or so have I felt more definite kicks and punches, most days. There is still no pattern to it and I can go almost all day without feeling her sometimes. Usually I feel her when I lie down of the evening. The sonographer did say that she is a very hyper baby, as she moved loads during the scan. I definitely didn't feel Alfie as much this early. I still can't feel or see kicks from the outside.

Happy birthday and great pic BSelck!

Pompey I had been feeling the same concerns. I swear I was feeling more movement weeks ago, and I thought I'd be getting an increase by now, but I haven't felt anything really obvious. But I had an appt today and heard a strong HB, so things seem to be fine. Can't wait to see baby again at the anatomy scan.

I still haven't announced on FB. I waited until after 20 weeks with DD, so I guess I'm doing that again this time. Nothing really special planned. I'm not into really creative announcements. Maybe just an ultrasound pic or a belly pic.

Pompey, PM me your name and I'll try to add you to the FB group. I think any of us can add people, but I haven't tried. There's not much activity there yet though, so you're not missing much.

Thanks slammerkin, will pm you in a sec.

I am glad I'm not the only one who hasn't felt too much movement. I am getting paranoid, but I am sure all is fine. Like you, I heard heartbeat nice and strong last week.

I've not made a facebook announcement either! I've just been telling people as I go and then word gets round. There is still plenty of people who have no idea as all my husband's family live abroad (he is from Albania) and I also have family abroad too.

I am going to post something about both my pregnancy and gender after I've had my 20 week scan. I'm not creative either! It'll just be a status update :)

so babydoll! did you find out what you are having at your scan????

Well ladies...this is my last week in the second trip then it's the home stretch

Nice to be on the homestretch hunni!

Anatomy scan THIS THURSDAY. Finally. Can't wait to find out the sex. Baby better cooperate!

Pompey, your scan is the day after mine, right??

Yep, scan is Friday at 2.40pm!! I can't wait! Not only to find out gender , but also for some reassurance. Movements are still sporadic at best. Yesterday evening I felt baby move quite a few times but so far today I've not felt a thing and I'm back to worried again.

Slammerkin - good luck thursday. Do you have a gut feeling either way?

Yay hunni for being in 3rd tri! Baby girl will be here before you know it!

so excited for you both!!! make sure you update us! I had another ultrasound today because last time he wasn't cooperating...they couldn't get the pics they needed. today he wasn't cooperating either. I'm like ugh is this what is to come when he's born too??? I had to get on both my sides and then back again to try to get him to flip. he finally did and doc said everything looks great. I have to go back again in 12 weeks to make sure he's still a good size. never had to do this with dd so I wonder why now.

Maybe they're just being over cautious Shaele, or its a new policy. It's quite nice to have an extra scan for reassurance though :) glad all was well!

Good luck for the scans slammerkin and Pompey!!

Hunni yay for third Tri :D I can't believe I'm almost there in a few weeks.

Pompey, I am in the same situation regarding movement! So frustrating to have it so sporadic! Maybe this will be a calmer baby? My DD was so wiggly as an infant.

Shaele, glad they finally got the images they needed.

Can't remember if I updated this group on gestational diabetes or not. I was diagnosed with it with DD, though I still am not convinced I had it because all my glucose checks were normal after failing the stupid 3-hour test. This time they did an early check at 18 weeks and I failed the 1-hour, so was supposed to do the 3-hour. I refused because I'm certain I'll fail it, even though I still don't think I actually have a problem. I think I just don't tolerate massive doses of straight glucose, which are totally not a real world situation! Soooo since I already have a glucose meter from my last preg I'm testing 4 times a day until my next appt in mid-Sept and we'll evaluate from there. They still want me to do the 3-hour at 28 weeks, but that ain't happening. Why put myself through the torture? They'll probably just treat me as if I have it, which is annoying because it means extra scans and tests and you're no longer "normal" and I hate that. Blah.

Ultrasound is done! It's a BOY! DH pumped his fists, and I said "damnit!" Lol. I don't really mind a boy, but it means I'm losing the battle on the baby's name. And a sister for DD would have been nice. But oh well. I have to go back in two weeks for another scan because they couldn't get a couple pics they needed due to the way baby was facing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->